Crystal Reports 10.0 service packs

Our organization recently upgraded to GP 8.0 and we upgraded to the Crystal
Reports 10.0 software at the same time.  The login/logout of the server
appears to only work once /session with Crystal version 10.0.  I suspect this
is resolved with a service pack from Business Decisions.  Can the Crystal
Reports 10.0 service packs be applied to the version shipped as a part of my
GP8.0 upgrade?  I am wondering if it is an OEM version and have seen a notice
to not apply the service packs to an OEM version.

Thanks for any feedback!
0
MurphyP (9)

I install the updates on the version we get with Great Plains and have never
ran into any problems.

"MurphyP" wrote:

> Our organization recently upgraded to GP 8.0 and we upgraded to the Crystal
> Reports 10.0 software at the same time.  The login/logout of the server
> appears to only work once /session with Crystal version 10.0.  I suspect this
> is resolved with a service pack from Business Decisions.  Can the Crystal
> Reports 10.0 service packs be applied to the version shipped as a part of my
> GP8.0 upgrade?  I am wondering if it is an OEM version and have seen a notice
> to not apply the service packs to an OEM version.
>
> Thanks for any feedback!
0
rfann11 (1)
6/1/2005 9:45:22 PM
Thank you for your feedback!

"MurphyP" wrote:

> Our organization recently upgraded to GP 8.0 and we upgraded to the Crystal
> Reports 10.0 software at the same time.  The login/logout of the server
> appears to only work once /session with Crystal version 10.0.  I suspect this
> is resolved with a service pack from Business Decisions.  Can the Crystal
> Reports 10.0 service packs be applied to the version shipped as a part of my
> GP8.0 upgrade?  I am wondering if it is an OEM version and have seen a notice
> to not apply the service packs to an OEM version.
>
> Thanks for any feedback!
0
MurphyP (9)

How to restore reports in CRM 4.0
I deleted all of the reports in CRM 4.0 from the GUI (using the X) How can I restore these? Thanks James James, Try the command: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server\Tools>PublishReports.exe MicrosoftCRM Peter Gernburd "JamesE" <JamesE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CC6D924-8FFB-4A59-A790-2CCD58FD2ED0@microsoft.com... >I deleted all of the reports in CRM 4.0 from the GUI (using the X) > How can I restore these? > > Thanks > > James Peter, I have already run this comand and the reports have been added to MS Repo...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

GP 10 WorkFlow Error 05-27-10
Hi I am receiving an error in GP 10 WorkFlow. At the end the workflow fails with the error. "An error has occurred in the Approval Status". Would be very helpful if any lead could be provided. I googled around but no solution was specified to this error. Kindly Advise. Following is the Content of the Event Log Action: SubmitForApproval Current User LogOnName: FZE\Administrator Input parameters: <RequestObjects> <ArrayOfBusinessObjectSubmissionInformation xmlns:xsi="http:// www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www...

adding a leading 0 to only the numbers with 4 digits
I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 records, I'd like a way to add a leading zero to only the zip codes with 4 characters. Any ideas? thanks Swamp, Format/Cells/Special/Zip Code Beege "SwampYankee" <johndillworth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147451549.294898.147230@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the > leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 > records, I&...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Error in Detailed Sales Report
Dear All, Have you encountered a strange scenario wherein in your shop you have sold 1 item in that particular invoice/receipt # but when it got connected and process the WS401 and when you run the detailed report in HQ level , it was added up with some items which is not in the original shop transactions. Example.. Store A Trx # item Qty 1023 apple 2 in HQ Store Trx# Item Qty A 1023 apple 2 A 1023 orange 3 A 1023 banana 2 Which in the store A transaction, those items where not in that trasaction but somehow when it was connected and process...

Service Pack Installation Issues with GP 9.00.0247.0 on Windows Vi
Greetings, I have installed Great Plains v9.00.0114.0 on Windows Vista. I ran the installation package MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB923671-v9-ENU, but receive the following messages with result of a failed installation of the Service Pack. Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 10/8/2007 11:50:13 AM Event ID: 11729 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: ABR\administrator Computer: AD088.abr Description: Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 -- Configuration failed. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas...

test103 10-09-07
test This is the body of the article On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:57:49 -0700, mark.com wrote: >test This is the body of the article Please use microsoft.public.test.here for testing. If you're testing software to spam data to multiple newsgroups, please turn off your computer, carry it out to the dumpster, and throw it in. John W. Vinson [MVP] *And jump in after while you're at it* Pieter "John W. Vinson" <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message news:f0lng3h2i6ij3i7e6qu2rjtgk8j90pi5de@4ax.com... > On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:57:49 -0700, m...

Cannot stop using online services with First Tech Credit Union
My bank, First Tech Credit Union, recently upgraded their online banking services. This upgrade also included a change to the user name and password used for online banking in Money 2006. Their upgrade instructions (http://www.firsttechcu.com/help/help_guide_money.html) say to disable online services for your Money file as the third step to upgrading to the new services. The problem is that when I click on Stop Using Online Services in Money nothing happens. I click on OK and Money hangs for a bit then comes back with no change, clicking on OK again has the same effect, clicking on ...

graph add ins for dials or dashboard reports?
I am trying to create some dashboard reporting at my company and cannot find any addins for this purpose. Can anyone help ??? I've heard from a few people that like Charley Kidd's dashboards. I haven't tried them: http://exceluser.com/dash/index.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ BhewesPSU91 wrote: > I am trying to create some dashboard reporting at my company and cannot find > any addins for this purpose. Can anyone help ??? ...

Report Writer
I am trying to modify the Financial Trail Balance in Summary in Report Writer in GP10 to have two separate columns: one that shows the ending credit balance and the other column to show the ending debit balance. Also at the bottom of the total for the debit and credit columns I need to show the profit/loss that would display on an income statement. If possible provide some details if they have every created this modified report or let me know where I can find more information on generating these reports. Below is an example of how the report layout. Account Description ...

Services error
I cannot start about 3 service on my exchange server5.5 and it gives this error when trying to start the information store - 'The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned service specific error 4294966767' have any body experienced this and what can i do? Please see the following article: 246272 XADM: Service Specific Error 4294966767 Appears, Information Store Stops http://support.microsoft.com/?id=246272 -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

CRM 4.0 CTP 3 Workflow problems
I'm trying to create a workflow that triggers on Status Change to the Quote Entity, which will create a new task. When I publish the workflow, and then try to do anything with a quote, I receive an error: You cannot switch the execution context's caller if the context is impersonating the system user. Has anyone else seen this in 4.0, and does anyone know what can be done to fix it? Thank you, Brett Whats the role of the user that has published the workflow? Whats the role of the user that is trying to perform action on the quote? If you unpublish the workflow, does the action ...

Ad Hoc Reporting #2
Hi, I am putting together an ad hoc report in Excel. My query is in the VB editor. I am trying to specify criteria Select x,y,z where... in the WHERE, I am struggling. I want to take a range of ids specified in the worksheet, F2:F55. So Select x, y, z where IDs IN ( F2:F55 ) I tried to use WHERE IN ( Range(F2:F55) ) but it did not like it. What syntax should I use to make this work? Thanks! ...

HR / Payroll Vacation and Sick Liability Report Hourly and Salary
Is there a report that will show the vacation and sick liability for employees? We are currently using HR and PR but tracking vacation and sick in HR. I saw KB 872030 and 871988 (It's for PR and GP 6.0). Is there a more current KB or a report already created in HR? Thanks. Hi Jake, My email is tklinnert@west-fargo.k12.nd.us Thank you for your assistance. Tara "Jake[MSFT]" wrote: > Hello and thanks for posting. > > We do have a report that I developed that calculates PTO liability for HR > but it is mostly untested (and not very pretty). If yo...

GP 8.0 Shortcut Bar
I am running into a problem adding the Employee Maint Card to the Shortcut Bar/ Navigation Pane. Anyone ever run into this? Workaround? -- Amanda I believe you are correct. When you upgrade to v9, you will be able to add the window to the shortcut bar. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Amanda" wrote: > I am running into a problem adding the Employee Maint Card to the Shortcut > Bar/ Navigation Pane. Anyone ever run into this? Workaround? > -- > Amanda ...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 09-23-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 SBN: 978-1-4461-4031-4 / Copyright: ilias el issaoui / Language: English /page : 460 / file : pdf This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportuni...

Great Plains Web Service Error
I am using the Dynamics GP Web services and receive the following error when calling GetSalesOrderByKey(salesDocumentKey, context), String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction? The sales orders are created in GP. 1) Exception Information ********************************************* Exception Type: System.InvalidOperationException Message: There is an error in XML document (1, 2572). TargetSite: System.Object Deserialize(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.String, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlDeserializationEvents) HelpLink: NULL Source: System.Xm...

Custom Report in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have a custom report built up using SSRS. My report project has two rdl files. First Report has some fields with links, on clicking any of the filed will show the details of the field in the second report. When I try to upload the report in CRM 3.0, I find only one RDL file can be uploaded. how do I upload both the files in crm?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Karthik You should able to upload both reports to CRM, when you try to upload the second report, what is the error? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 7, 10:28=A0am, K...

Services won't stop! HELP!
I do offline backups of all our remote Exchange 2003 servers. A batch file is run with a series of "net stop" commands the shuts down all the Exchange services, and then kicks off the backup. I just noticed that the batch file is no longer able to stop most of the services! When i run it manually, it just says "The xyz service is stopping........................" The "....." just keep going and going and the service never stops. What could cause this?? On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:41:29 -0500, "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote: >I do offline ...

=RowNum([Form])
I am running Access 2003 and found the following function: Public Function RowNum(frm As Form) As Variant On Error GoTo Err_RowNum 'Purpose: Numbering the rows on a form. 'Usage: Text box with ControlSource of: =RowNum([Form]) With frm.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = frm.Bookmark RowNum = .AbsolutePosition + 1 End With Exit_RowNum: Exit Function Err_RowNum: If Err.Number <> 3021& Then 'Ignore "No bookmark" at new row. Debug.Print "RowNum() error " & Err.Number & " - &q...