credit notes on same screen as invoices with check boxes

Whether you are making out a cheque, or recording a payment, have all
invoices and credit notes on the same screen to check the boxes of the items
that you want paid.  Currently, Great Plains has credit notes on a separate
screen two or three clicks away from the invoices.  Keep it simple, and have
everything on the same screen.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8b42979c-ff91-4f5b-a0a1-c7cd8d0a7379&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
JD1 (109)

One reason, I guess, for this is because people typically want to apply a
certain credit document(s) to certain debit document(s).  So if you had a
window that you could pick 5 credit documents and 9 debit docuemnts how
would you be assured what credit goes to what debit?  You wouldn't really be
able to.

That said, actually I've recently written just such a window for a large
customer.  Basically you can check off and select the amount to apply/be
applied to for the debits & credits and then goes through and assigns them
in document order I think.  The only drawback that I can see is they wanted
a lot of columns to be displayed so the window is pretty big but that's how
they wanted it.

It was pretty complex to write to get the base functionality down as well as
their specific features.  I could send you the readme and a demo version
that works in Fabrikam if you want to take a look at it.  Email me at
mbstools@microsoft.com.

patrick
mbs dev support

"JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whether you are making out a cheque, or recording a payment, have all
> invoices and credit notes on the same screen to check the boxes of the
items
> that you want paid.  Currently, Great Plains has credit notes on a
separate
> screen two or three clicks away from the invoices.  Keep it simple, and
have
> everything on the same screen.
>
> ----------------
this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8b42979c-ff91-4f5b-a0a1-c7cd8d0a7379&dg=microsoft.publi
c.greatplains

0
prot1 (1345)
6/2/2006 12:56:26 AM
I have credit notes that have nothing to do with any invoices.  I
occasionally have one that is related, though I prefer the AccPac approach
(that program allows the same number to be issued as an invoice and credit
note - that way, there is a direct relationship between the credit note and
invoice - and no, manually checking and unchecking a posting box in GP is
asking for problems).

Great Plains forces a marriage of credit notes to invoices, whether there is
a relationship or not.  And that makes no sense to me.

The option I am looking for, is simply have all the credit notes and all the
invoices outstanding for a customer (AR)  or vendor (AP), and apply ON ONE
SCREEN whatever is applicable to the cheque.

This would require the credit notes to be married to the cheque (not an
unsuspecting invoice).  That is a fundamental programming issue.

Having 5 credit memos pay an invoice (and not a cheque) is not useful
information.

Does that make sense?

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> One reason, I guess, for this is because people typically want to apply a
> certain credit document(s) to certain debit document(s).  So if you had a
> window that you could pick 5 credit documents and 9 debit docuemnts how
> would you be assured what credit goes to what debit?  You wouldn't really be
> able to.
>
> That said, actually I've recently written just such a window for a large
> customer.  Basically you can check off and select the amount to apply/be
> applied to for the debits & credits and then goes through and assigns them
> in document order I think.  The only drawback that I can see is they wanted
> a lot of columns to be displayed so the window is pretty big but that's how
> they wanted it.
>
> It was pretty complex to write to get the base functionality down as well as
> their specific features.  I could send you the readme and a demo version
> that works in Fabrikam if you want to take a look at it.  Email me at
> mbstools@microsoft.com.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whether you are making out a cheque, or recording a payment, have all
> > invoices and credit notes on the same screen to check the boxes of the
> items
> > that you want paid.  Currently, Great Plains has credit notes on a
> separate
> > screen two or three clicks away from the invoices.  Keep it simple, and
> have
> > everything on the same screen.
> >
> > ----------------
> this
> >

> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8b42979c-ff91-4f5b-a0a1-c7cd8d0a7379&dg=microsoft.publi
> c.greatplains

0
JD1 (109)
6/2/2006 3:26:02 PM
occasionally have one that is related, though I prefer the AccPac approach
> (that program allows the same number to be issued as an invoice and credit
> note - that way, there is a direct relationship between the credit note
and
> invoice - and no, manually checking and unchecking a posting box in GP is
> asking for problems).

In Great Plains, you also can have duplicate document numbers.  The primary
key on the table for RM is Document Number/RM Document Type All.

> Great Plains forces a marriage of credit notes to invoices, whether there
is
> a relationship or not.  And that makes no sense to me.

A document has to be "applied" to something.  While a credit memo does
affect your balance if you print a RM Statement with a $100 invoice and $100
credit memo, it'll print out the same way the next month unless you apply to
them which reduces the remaining amount for each.  Then a paid transaction
removal puts them to history.

> The option I am looking for, is simply have all the credit notes and all
the
> invoices outstanding for a customer (AR)  or vendor (AP), and apply ON ONE
> SCREEN whatever is applicable to the cheque.

Well, we weren't (well, I wasn't) talking about vendors at all.  I know the
Consolidations module you define a customer/vendor relationship and you can
provide refund checks for your customer credits or you can use
Consolidations to take all the invoices/credits and make them one big lump
amount.

So when you say, "I want a screen where I can see all the debit docs &
credit docs for a customer at once" then that is what I did.  However note
that this isn't anything at all to do with a check.

> Having 5 credit memos pay an invoice (and not a cheque) is not useful
> information.

Perhaps for your business but I guess I can't see why it wouldn't be.
Remembering that I don't use this application in "real life", I could see
that I would have perhaps an outstanding invoice (as a customer) for $1000.
And because it's my birthday the vendor issues me a credit memo for $100.
And then I find a problem with his product and to make me happy he issues
another credit memo for $100.  And then I return $800 of merchandise from
last month but they don't issue cash refunds and so I get another $800
credit.  So this isn't typical, I know as there would typically be me
sending the vendor (you) some money to pay things off.

Either way, however, you're still going to have to apply these records.  In
the RM Apply you'd have to pull up the credit documents one by one and apply
them.  In the window that I did, you would see them all like you asked.  Or
I thought you asked.

Now if you were thinking that you want a window that shows PM/RM stuff
together, that sounds a lot like the consolidations module.

> [...]
> > > invoices and credit notes on the same screen to check the boxes of the
> > items
> > > that you want paid.  Currently, Great Plains has credit notes on a
> > separate
> > > screen two or three clicks away from the invoices.  Keep it simple,
and
> > have
> > > everything on the same screen.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow
> > this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

0
prot1 (1345)
6/3/2006 1:31:07 AM
Oh boy.  I have not made myself clear.  I apoligize for not being more
succinct.

I have no desire to have the AR and AP in the same window (your last
sentence about PM/RM stuff together).  No.  What I meant was, that the credit
note issue I have exists in AR and it exists in AP.

When in GP AR, credit notes marry themselves to invoices.  When in GP AP,
credit notes marry themselves to invoices.  In my business, credit notes (for
the most part), have nothing to do with any specific invoice.

I reinterate, in my business, having 5 credit memos pay an invoice is
completely useless (and frustrating) information.

I agree with you wholeheartedly about "A document has to be applied to
something".  However, I want the credit note to be applied to a cheque (check
in the US), be it a customer cheque in AR, or a cheque that I am paying to a
vendor.

That will resolve my problem with credit notes right there.  Having credit
notes applied to a cheque, means that you can have one window listing all the
outstanding invoices and credit notes ON ONE SCREEN.  It also means that you
can simply check off each box that represents what invoices and what credit
notes that you want to apply to that particular cheque.

To me, that means "PROBLEM SOLVED".

I don't want a credit note applied to any invoice; be it in AR or AP.  I
want the credit note applied to a cheque.

Did I do a better job this time?

JD

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> really be
> > > able to.
> > >
> > > That said, actually I've recently written just such a window for a large
> > > customer.  Basically you can check off and select the amount to apply/be
> > > applied to for the debits & credits and then goes through and assigns
> them
> > > in document order I think.  The only drawback that I can see is they
> wanted
> > > a lot of columns to be displayed so the window is pretty big but that's
> how
> > > they wanted it.
> > >
> > > It was pretty complex to write to get the base functionality down as
> well as
> > > their specific features.  I could send you the readme and a demo version
> > > that works in Fabrikam if you want to take a look at it.  Email me at

0
JD1 (109)
6/5/2006 2:52:01 PM
JD,

> When in GP AR, credit notes marry themselves to invoices.  When in GP AP,
> credit notes marry themselves to invoices.  In my business, credit notes
(for
> the most part), have nothing to do with any specific invoice.

If I recall, when you build your checks and choose to auto-apply credits at
that time, the checks built seem to show that the credit is applied to the
check.  I haven't looked at that in a while and might be mis-remembering.

From AR, that doesn't happen of course.

As of now, there isn't any possible way to do what you are asking.
Basically what you are saying is that you have a $200 payment and a $100
credit memo and then a $300 invoice.  I would "apply" the credit memo to the
cash receipt and so now the cash receipt has a $300 amount remaining.  And
now I can apply the $300 that is remaining on the cash receipt to the $300
invoice and it's all paid off.

I'm pretty sure the apply API that is built into GP won't let that happen as
I'm pretty sure it checks the apply to document type and won't let that
happen.  ANd if you can trick it into doing that then it's going to _reduce_
your amount remaining on the check when you apply the credit (because that
is what typically should happen) so you'd have to work around that (increase
the amount remaining not decrease it).  And then assuming you can get that
all to happen (likely with your own apply logic written from scratch) then
my next thought is that if you reconcile your RM documents that it'll "fix"
them all up again because this isn't supposed to be- from a GP perspective.

So this likely isn't going to happen unless there is a major rewrite of RM
in Great Plains- and I don't see that happening realistically.

> [...]
> > > invoice - and no, manually checking and unchecking a posting box in GP
is
> > > asking for problems).
> > >
> > > Great Plains forces a marriage of credit notes to invoices, whether
there
> > is
> > > a relationship or not.  And that makes no sense to me.
> > >
> > > The option I am looking for, is simply have all the credit notes and
all
> > the
> > > invoices outstanding for a customer (AR)  or vendor (AP), and apply ON
ONE
> > > SCREEN whatever is applicable to the cheque.
> > >
> > > This would require the credit notes to be married to the cheque (not
an
> > > unsuspecting invoice).  That is a fundamental programming issue.
> > >
> > > Having 5 credit memos pay an invoice (and not a cheque) is not useful

0
prot1 (1345)
6/9/2006 1:55:02 AM
Oh well.

I guess the only thing that I can hope for, is when Microsoft amalgamates
the programming language of Great Plains with Navison with Solomon and with
whatever programs, that credit notes will be greatly simplified and be
attached to cheques.

That's my suggestion for Version 10.

JD

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> issues
> > > another credit memo for $100.  And then I return $800 of merchandise
> from
> > > last month but they don't issue cash refunds and so I get another $800
> > > credit.  So this isn't typical, I know as there would typically be me
> > > sending the vendor (you) some money to pay things off.
> > >
> > > Either way, however, you're still going to have to apply these records.
> In
> > > the RM Apply you'd have to pull up the credit documents one by one and
> apply
> > > them.  In the window that I did, you would see them all like you asked.
> Or
> > > I thought you asked.
> > >
> > > Now if you were thinking that you want a window that shows PM/RM stuff
> > > together, that sounds a lot like the consolidations module.

0
JD1 (109)
6/9/2006 5:01:02 PM
I would be very interest in this as well

Thanks.

Tom A.

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> One reason, I guess, for this is because people typically want to apply a
> certain credit document(s) to certain debit document(s).  So if you had a
> window that you could pick 5 credit documents and 9 debit docuemnts how
> would you be assured what credit goes to what debit?  You wouldn't really be
> able to.
>
> That said, actually I've recently written just such a window for a large
> customer.  Basically you can check off and select the amount to apply/be
> applied to for the debits & credits and then goes through and assigns them
> in document order I think.  The only drawback that I can see is they wanted
> a lot of columns to be displayed so the window is pretty big but that's how
> they wanted it.
>
> It was pretty complex to write to get the base functionality down as well as
> their specific features.  I could send you the readme and a demo version
> that works in Fabrikam if you want to take a look at it.  Email me at
> mbstools@microsoft.com.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whether you are making out a cheque, or recording a payment, have all
> > invoices and credit notes on the same screen to check the boxes of the
> items
> > that you want paid.  Currently, Great Plains has credit notes on a
> separate
> > screen two or three clicks away from the invoices.  Keep it simple, and
> have
> > everything on the same screen.
> >
> > ----------------
> this
> >

> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8b42979c-ff91-4f5b-a0a1-c7cd8d0a7379&dg=microsoft.publi
> c.greatplains

0
TomA (18)
4/17/2008 10:01:00 PM
Thank you for your support !

I waste a lot time following up on supplier requests about invoices that
were "paid" by credit notes, when what I am looking for is a cheque number
for the supplier to reconcile their records.

Even DOS Bedford from 25 years ago or DOS AccPac from 17 years ago had that
figured out, why Microsoft today can't ... is a mystery.

JD

"Tom A" wrote:

> I would be very interest in this as well
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom A.
>

> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > One reason, I guess, for this is because people typically want to apply a
> > certain credit document(s) to certain debit document(s).  So if you had a
> > window that you could pick 5 credit documents and 9 debit docuemnts how
> > would you be assured what credit goes to what debit?  You wouldn't really be
> > able to.
> >
> > That said, actually I've recently written just such a window for a large
> > customer.  Basically you can check off and select the amount to apply/be
> > applied to for the debits & credits and then goes through and assigns them
> > in document order I think.  The only drawback that I can see is they wanted
> > a lot of columns to be displayed so the window is pretty big but that's how
> > they wanted it.
> >
> > It was pretty complex to write to get the base functionality down as well as
> > their specific features.  I could send you the readme and a demo version
> > that works in Fabrikam if you want to take a look at it.  Email me at
> > mbstools@microsoft.com.
> >
> > patrick
> > mbs dev support
> >
> > --
> >

> > "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Whether you are making out a cheque, or recording a payment, have all
> > > invoices and credit notes on the same screen to check the boxes of the
> > items
> > > that you want paid.  Currently, Great Plains has credit notes on a
> > separate
> > > screen two or three clicks away from the invoices.  Keep it simple, and
> > have
> > > everything on the same screen.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> > this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >

> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8b42979c-ff91-4f5b-a0a1-c7cd8d0a7379&dg=microsoft.publi
> > c.greatplains

0
JD1 (109)
4/18/2008 2:21:01 PM
I would love this functionality...
0
Bradley (58)
1/10/2009 12:22:01 AM
For PM or RM?  A window so that you could see all the RM debits/credits on
one screen?

patrick
dev support

"Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would love this functionality...

0
prot1 (1345)
1/12/2009 3:15:57 AM
Hi Patrick,

AP ... Basically a way to set a due date for Credit Memo's so that all CM's
are not applied when selecting to auto apply CM's when doing check runs.
Imaging 100 invoices and 100 credit memo's.  Each invoice has a credit memo.
Only 20 of the invoices are due this month.  A check run to pay anything due
this month would apply all 100 credit memo's against the first 20 invoices.

Imagine what the vendor will say when they receive a check that has 100
credit memo's applied to it and only 20 of the invoices due.  They are going
to go crazy and why are you deducting all the credit memo's without making
payment on the corresponding invoices.

Now imagine that this process is always in motion and there are 400 credit
memos and about 500 invoices per week.  There's no way for a clerk to apply
creidt memo's to invoices one-by-one.  That would be a full time resource.

AccPac (yeah I know, super old system) lets you do negative invoices with
due dates, that works the best in my opinion.

Thanks,

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> For PM or RM?  A window so that you could see all the RM debits/credits on
> one screen?
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would love this functionality...

0
Bradley (58)
1/13/2009 5:19:01 AM
We would like that for AR.

Thank you

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> For PM or RM?  A window so that you could see all the RM debits/credits on
> one screen?
>
> patrick
> dev support

> "Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would love this functionality...

0
Terry (158)
1/23/2009 7:57:01 PM
Bradley,

I'm trying to think if I've done this as a customization before or not.  Or
just talked about doing it.  Or looked at it?  Hard to say anymore as we've
done so many projects.  But it sounds familiar.

I guess the first thing I'd look at was maybe testing in Fabrikam.

After you post your credit memo, go into the back end in SQL and set the Due
Date to what you want it to be (if the ui would let you).

Now go into the select checks window and set your due date restriction.  The
theory is that IF you could set this field then this process would happily
work and respect your Due Date cutoff.

If so, then potentially you could do a customization to allow this Due Date
to be entered by the user.  Or if not, then run something on the back end in
SQL to modify the data at some point it is how you want it.  And then the
select checks apply credits would do what you wanted.

If however this doesn't work, then it means that since it is a credit doc
our code doesn't look at that.  On one hand it would make sense it does not
since we didn't expect this.  On the other hand, you never know - it might
work.

> Hi Patrick,
>
> AP ... Basically a way to set a due date for Credit Memo's so that all
> CM's
> are not applied when selecting to auto apply CM's when doing check runs.
> Imaging 100 invoices and 100 credit memo's.  Each invoice has a credit
> memo.
> Only 20 of the invoices are due this month.  A check run to pay anything
> due
> this month would apply all 100 credit memo's against the first 20
> invoices.
>
> Imagine what the vendor will say when they receive a check that has 100
> credit memo's applied to it and only 20 of the invoices due.  They are
> going
> to go crazy and why are you deducting all the credit memo's without making
> payment on the corresponding invoices.
>
> Now imagine that this process is always in motion and there are 400 credit
> memos and about 500 invoices per week.  There's no way for a clerk to
> apply
> creidt memo's to invoices one-by-one.  That would be a full time resource.
>
> AccPac (yeah I know, super old system) lets you do negative invoices with
> due dates, that works the best in my opinion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> For PM or RM?  A window so that you could see all the RM debits/credits
>> on
>> one screen?
>>
>> patrick
>> dev support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would love this functionality...

0
prot1 (1345)
1/28/2009 5:14:59 AM
As it turns out, I have created this solution created already a few years
ago.

In it, you can choose your customer and see the list of all open
debit/credit documents.  You mark the ones to apply and the amounts you want
to apply (it defaults to full when you click the checkbox) and press the
button and the app spins through the credits and applies them in some order
to the selected debits up the amount specified.  Then you get a report
showing the results.

As this was a customization created for a customer I couldn't give it away
but could offer it as a customizaton to you as well.  You could email
mbsprosv@microsoft.com if you have an interest.  They'll pass it along to me
and I could send you the demo version that works in Fabrikam.

patrick
dev support

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We would like that for AR.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> For PM or RM?  A window so that you could see all the RM debits/credits
>> on
>> one screen?
>>
>> patrick
>> dev support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would love this functionality...

0
prot1 (1345)
1/28/2009 5:19:34 AM
Kind of addressing this to Patrick, but to everyone else as well that can help:

Just scrolling through and found this thread very interesting.  I to as a
partner am working with a client that is looking for functionality with in
the AP side as follows:

They deal with vendors that they issue a lot of credit memos for, and at the
same time have invoices for as well.
I a specific pay run they want to deduct specific credit memos from invoices
that they know are due, in my case those I can't use due date because credit
memos on account are really tied to specifc invoices that will be posted.  So
currently the only way for the client to apply these credit memos is during
the check process they go and edit a check and then manually pull up each
credit memo and apply it to invoices that should be paid on that check.
After they have manually selected each credit memo they then can click of the
remaining invoices to pay to create a final check amount to cut.

What the client is asking for is really the same thing that it sounds like
you have created on the A/R side.  They would like to have a screen that
would list all deduction type documents (credit memos, returns.....) in a
screen and on the same screen list all positive type documents (Invoices,
Debit Memos.....) for the vendor that they wish to create a check for.

They would go through and select what documents they would like to include
on this check, (credit memos and Invoices) and then the final result would
create a check for the remaining amount left on the invoices after the
deductions have been taken.

Have you created something like this Patrick or not, and do you think it is
even possible since it is a little different from the A/R side.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joel

How to retain Inbox message on screen while replying?
I want the message to which I'm replying to appear on the screen while I'm replying. Open it and THEN click "Reply". fiega wrote: > I want the message to which I'm replying to appear on the screen while I'm > replying. Tools > Options > Email Options When replying to a message include original message text. "fiega" <fiega@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2900A5F-9E8B-4E45-AE17-36844AA198C9@microsoft.com... > I want the message to which I'm replying to appear on the screen while I'm > r...

enabled/disable button off selection in combo box
Hello Everyone, I would like to be able to make a button only enabled when a particular selection is made from a combo box. I have done it before that it is only enabled when the combo box has an entry in it but is it possible to make it work only when say 1 of the 4 things in the combo box is selected but does nothing if any of the other 3 are chosen. I used this before in the After Update operativebutton.Enabled = Not IsNull(operativecombo) how can i make it do it with a field within the combo, is it something like (operativecombo.fieldID2)?? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonste...

Creating Drop Down boxes with the List function...
I am creating drop down boxes using the list function and I need to add color to the text. It will allow me to add color to the list, but the color I added doesn't appear in the drop down box. What do I need to do to make this happen? Thank you for your help. This should help, it sure did for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html This should help you, I worked very well for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html This should help you, I worked very well for me. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html ...

I Need to create a criteria from a combo box that is on a datashee
Hi. I have a form in datasheet view. there's a combo named Hardwaretype and another one named hardwarename there's a relationship with this join type: one hardware type has many hardwarename. In a line of that datasheet view form if I choose monitors in hardwaretype comobox I want that in hardwarename combo only appeares the hardware that belongs to monitors, such as CRT; LCD. If the next line I choose Printers on hardwaretype and that the hardwarename combobox only shows me the hardware that belongs to prints. It's a criteria of what is choosed on hardwaretype. Is it po...

Command button that will unckeck all the ckeck box on my form.
Hi folks, I've a put a field name: merchandise received with the data type yes/ no in my table called: Tbl_Cedule And I dragged the yes/no field on my continuous form. Now, is there a way to a command button that will unckeck all the ckeck box on my form? if so, how can do that and where do I need to put the command button? Please be specific, I am beginner in this field. Thanking you all in advance for your help! Fred's On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:20:22 -0800 (PST), "Fred's" <frederic10_mess@hotmail.com> wrote: It's hard to be specific when you are not. The ge...

Checked Out Files
In a SharePoint library, when I upload multiple files I have to manually check in each file. There are no required fields in the column settings. THere used to be a required field but we removed that. Is there any other setting to correct this problem or a way to check in multiple files at once? Remove the require check out condition on the library prior to upload. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AD5224-4334-455F-8896-1CAA43534E9D@microsoft.com... >...

Printing Customer Name on Credit Card Receipts
This is another suggestion to MS to add into RMS the following feature: Pull the customer name from a credit card that is swiped and print it on the receipt. If the "dumb" terminals most processing companies rent out can do this, certainly a sophisticated program like RMS should be able to do this as well. I'm no programming genius but I'd imagine that since RMS is already filtering out the account number and exp date from the rest of the data on a cc mag stripe that pulling the name would only add a few lines of code. In a similar post someone mentioned that there wa...

MS Money 2005 Experian Credit offer
Has anyone had problem registering for this free offer?? After installing MS Money 2005, I tried to sign-up for this offer and got: "Thank you for your interest in Experian Credit Manager. Unfortunately we are unable to fulfill your request because the membership offer provided by Microsoft Money has already been redeemed. " Money05Newbie Hello anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com: You wrote in conference microsoft.public.money on Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:56:57 -0700: a> Has anyone had problem registering for this free offer?? Go to www.experian.com and sign up, it's t...

Invoice: Park or Suspend an Invoice in dispute
Hello, We are currently running Dynamics GP v9. We are looking for a way to "park" or "suspend" a customer invoice that is in dispute, such that it does not roll into any of our "overdue" buckets. Usually this would be in a situation where we believe we may be at fault (incorrect pricing, miss-shipment etc.), but it may take some time to resolve. My understanding is that this feature may be offered in some other MIS applications, but I have so far been unable to find it in GP. Thanks to anyone who may have a thought on this. Paul The normal procedure is ...

Combo Box Search By Query
Hi All, Ive Created a Dialog Box With some tick box's and a Combo Box. the Dialog box aint quite working the way i would like it to. the dialog box will open a report which the report has a record source of the query. the tick box on is ment to Included Projects that have Maintenance assigned. but the tick box is set to a yes or no. and the query looks at this field the combo box is the same, the combo lists all the end clients, and it works if i select a client which is assigned to the project, in which case i could return 100 Starbucks Coffee. but lets say i just want to display al...

Positioning a form on the screen
I would like to be able to position a form on the screen when the Access Window is minimized. I'm using the apiShowWindow to minimize the Access Window and the form has to be set to popup. You can't use DoCmd.MoveSize whent he Access window is minimized, right? Thanks sure was hoping that an expert would be able to answer this... anyone know how to position a popup form on the screen?? -- not in the Access window. "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B776F462-402E-4238-BA9B-5999F5512F71@microsoft.com... > sure was hoping th...

numbering invoices
I have created invioces that are three per page of paper and i would like to know how to get a text filled to print the invoice number so that each page would three different number on them in a text box. pms wrote: > I have created invioces that are three per page of paper and i would like to > know how to get a text filled to print the invoice number so that each page > would three different number on them in a text box. easiest way in Pub... print them out as you like, three to a page, then number them by hand... jmho (I use excel to make invoices) Create a data base w...

How do I remove a border around a box
Hi I've tried the properties of the box -- Border Style = Transparent Border Width = Hairline Special Effect = Flat But there's still a border on my box. How do I get rid of it? Thank you in advance On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:40:01 -0800, forest8 wrote: > Hi > > I've tried the properties of the box -- > > Border Style = Transparent > Border Width = Hairline > Special Effect = Flat > > But there's still a border on my box. > > How do I get rid of it? > > Thank you in advance Setting the BorderStyle to...

where is the install for default text box add-in
Maybe you mean Default Text Box v1.0.0.3 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins Normal.pub? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lpyburn" <lpyburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:692EA943-DB76-474F-B4C4-CA0222EBA04D@microsoft.com... > ...

Protecting sheets with drop down boxes 04-09-10
I have a spread sheet that has drop down boxes with functions and validations. I want to be able to protect this spreadsheet so that users can only be able to use the drop down function and not accidently delete the formula. When I password protect this spreadsheet it will show the drop down box, however when I click on one of the options it gives me an error and does not let me select from the list. Is there anyway to protect my spreadsheet and be able to use the drop down boxes. ...

Issue editing Notes entity on mobile devices
I am having an issue between CRM and mobile devices. The Notes entity works like a champ in Outlook and on the web, but we can not edit the notes field on a mobile device. For example, if we enter a new contact in CRM and write some notes in the Notes field, it will show up on the web and in Outlook and we can edit it. But, we can view it on a mobile device, but we can not edit it nor can we create a new note. Any help with this would be much appreciated. What are you using to view the Microsoft CRM data in your mobile device? Microsoft CRM Mobile, Mobile Express, c360 Mobile? Frank Le...

Text box 03-20-07
Hi, If i use text box in form and in put values in design view will it update my table too. i am learning access and get confused with things the more i read on internet. any help is appreacited Thanks -- Nisha P No, your table will only be updated when the form is open in Form view. Carl Rapson "nishkrish" <nishkrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C35F10C-A629-489D-BF70-C0A560CD5BBE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > If i use text box in form and in put values in design view will it update > my > table too. > i am learning access and get ...

*.zip files not showing up in Insert File dialog box
Hello all, My boss is trying to attach a ZIP file to an email. But when she navigates to the folder with the ZIP files (and she is showing all files *.*), the ZIP files are not showing up in the Insert File dialog box. We can go to the folder in Windows Explorer and we see the ZIP files there. She is using MS Outlook 2003 SP1. I have showed her a work around so she can attach the files (dragging), but I'm curious as to why they are not showing up in the Insert File diag. box. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Conan Kelly I've seen this just once and am told a reboo...

Cash Receipts payments applied to invoices
Does anyone know how to get a list of payments and the invoices applied to for a date range? -- Cindy Pool Cindy Pool, In Apply window, we can apply the invoices against due date or document date. In my knowledge Core GP does not have date range feature.Some third party products are available otherwise you need to customize your Apply screen. Thanks "Cindy Pool" wrote: > Does anyone know how to get a list of payments and the invoices applied to > for a date range? > > > -- > Cindy Pool > Cindy, Jegane...

Contact View, Notes & Attachment
1) On the Contact View, when you click on the collapse/expand button next to contact name to display few basic contact info, can this view be customized to include some other fields & delete existing ones ?? Also, with contact - is there a way to default so that the new contacts are automatically shared with everyone? 2) Attachment What are my options to attach document? if I need to have the following info with attachment: Category, Date created, attached by, is there any Activities type that can hold attachment ? looks like phone & email is the only option. & if this is...

Combo Box 04-21-10
Hi, I am trying to create a combo box for first time. Have followed instructions from Debra Dalgleish website, but the combo box will not appear or be activated when a data validation cell is double clicked. I have also downloaded the example from the website and again when the cell with data validation is double clicked nothing happens. Have I a setting out of place??? Any thoughts Richard Combo or List? ,,Again the dropdown list is seen when you activate the cell.You dont need to double click --From menu Data>Validation> --In settings tab for Validation Cri...

Adjusting a price on invoice?
I have a situation where an invoice was sent out for juice @ .97 a gallon but the customer paid @ .92/gallon which is the contract price. I want to adjust the price so our sales figures are adjusted. This is not really a writeoff since it was an error on our part. Any suggestions? If you want correct history, cost o' goods info, etc, write a return for the .97 price sale. Create a new invoice at the .92 price, and apply the payment to the new invoice. >-----Original Message----- >I have a situation where an invoice was sent out for juice @ .97 a >gallon but the custome...

Form Screen
Hi, I created a box on the form. The box is the memo where I view only and unable to edit. I just want to know how to reduce or expand the box depending the number of characters. Is there a code to adjust the size of the box depending the characters ? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Try this code: http://www.lebans.com/autosize_textbox.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a498dda-e8df-4a1d-8c44-3623e5699021@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > ...

Screen color vs printed color
Using Pub 2003, with an HP Deskjet 1120C printer. (yes it's old) Replaced color cartridge with a "generic" one.( yes I'm cheap) Pub and Word cannot print RED but give me some kind of maroon. I printed a PUB color scheme sheet and there are NO reds on it. Since I have no other programs to print from I am wondering if Word and Pub have problems with the color RED? -- McM I read a few forum messages on the HP site about your printer. What version Windows are you using? You might find some of the messages enlightening. You could try a different driver, there are suggestions. ...

Enter Parameter Value Dialog Box
Hi, When I open a form it a dialog box appears stating "Enter Parameter Value Study #". I have looked at the properties and can't seem to find how to turn this dialog box off. Would someone know how to turn this off? Thanks! Krista ...