Credit Memo and Check Printing

My user wants the credit memo dollar amount printed on the check stub instead
of zero dollars for credit memos like we currently have now. This way the
vendor sees the posted the credit memo and for the agreed amount. I've been
all over the setup options and there's nothing in Payables or Checkbooks that
will print the actual dollar amount. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Sandy D'Anna
Spectrum Financial
Scottsdale, AZ

If you apply the credit before you go into check printing selection it
will not print on the stub, however if you apply the credit memo as
part of the creation of the check batch it will print on the stub as a
separate (credit) document.

0
leslievail1 (120)
7/27/2007 2:03:43 AM
Leslie - I tried both the ways and I was able to get the credit memo to print
in both scenarios. This is on GP9.

Do you get the same behaviour?

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> If you apply the credit before you go into check printing selection it
> will not print on the stub, however if you apply the credit memo as
> part of the creation of the check batch it will print on the stub as a
> separate (credit) document.

0
James6891 (359)
7/28/2007 7:22:00 AM
JAMES and LESLIE:

Thanks for your responses.
We're also on GP 9 and like James says, the CRM will print either way. I
want the CRM line item on the check stub but instead of printing zeros
meaning it's applied to an invoice so we have zero dollars left in that CRM,
I want the original dollar amount printed. This way we can show the vendor 3
line items on the check stub: your original invoice was 1 grand; you gave us
2 credit memos - one for $200 on 6/15 and one for $150 on 6/27. Here's your
check for the balance - $650.

Any suggestions please?

Sandy

"james" wrote:

> Leslie - I tried both the ways and I was able to get the credit memo to print
> in both scenarios. This is on GP9.
>
> Do you get the same behaviour?
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > If you apply the credit before you go into check printing selection it
> > will not print on the stub, however if you apply the credit memo as
> > part of the creation of the check batch it will print on the stub as a
> > separate (credit) document.

Safe Pay Check Amount Problem
I am trying to setup Safe Pay. Everything seems to be working fine except for one annoying quirk. Our bank's Positive Pay data format gives us 12 characters for check amounts ($$$$$$$$$$¢¢). The file that Safe Pay generates is working perfectly except for those checks that are greater than $9,999,999.99 (9 characters). If the check amount is greater than that (say $10,000,000.00), the value that the Safe Pay file shows for that check is 002147483647. And, even if none of the individual checks exceed $9,999,999.99, if the total of the checks in the batch exceeds that a...

Vendor transactions and checks
I'm trying to create a vendor payment report from my program. From which tables I can get the vendor payable transaction information??? I also need to know whether there is a check aleady issue to a transaction. Thank you. ...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

Printing drawings
Visio 2007 Professsional ... Have succesfully reverse engineered a SQL Server DB selecting tables. Select tables and PK, however drawing created has all columns included. Is there a way to suppress the columns so only the tables are revealed? Thanks, Jim Yes with Visio for enterprise architect version "Jim Peterson" <JimPeterson@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news:1232D9FA-E60A-4BD1-AF91-A6EA688A1819@microsoft.com... > Visio 2007 Professsional ... > > Have succesfully reverse engineered a SQL Server DB selecting tables. > Select t...

margin cut off when printed
a 4-up postcard looks perfect when viewed. When printed the top, rt side and bottom are cut off a bit. What can I do? First of all, give the Publisher version and Windows version you are using. The printer type also helps. Margins are set by your printer...ink jet printers can't print all the way to the edge of the paper. You need to find out your limitations and set up your document within those limitations. Draw a line from top to bottom and another from side to side, all the way across the page. Print the page, and then see where the lines stop. Melissa "Stan the man" &l...

Identified problem printing graphics #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Well Can anyone explain this latest miserable problem with MS Word 2008? When I print a large document to my HP 6MP printer, the document prints fine BUT ONLY WHEN I PRINT THE WHOLE DOCUMENT. The instant I print only a range of pages, it matters not if I start from the front or not, the graphics in the document do NOT print - even if they were generated by Word. Frankly I am sick with Microsoft's foisting off problematic software on us -- I only wish there were a real alternative choice! The real problem is that ...

Print BCC fiend from Outlook 2007
Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... Tks Screen capture. zzMHUME wrote: > Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... > > Tks > > Other then Screen Capture... I see in Outlook 2003 you can do something in "Design Form Field" but does not have the same stuff in Outlook 2007... tks "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%234ilCgceKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Screen capture. > > zzMHUME wrote: > >> Any way to Print BCC in Outlook 2007... >> >> Tks >> >>...

Check if data has already been formatted.
Hello, I have a sub() as part of a larger set of macros. This particular sub() will take the raw data pulled from an in-house reporting system and format it to suit our needs (adding a couple of columns with formulas to facilitate pivot table creation). This is the code as I have it so far: Sub FormatData() Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False ' Declarations Dim DataWks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long ' Set the DataWks variable Set DataWks = Worksheets("Data") ...

Date/Time stamp in Memo Field
Hi all..is it possible to programmatically insert Now() when text in a Memo field becomes edited? Thanks for all help! If it has to be entered directly in the memo field tetxbox: Private Sub MemoFieldName_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue) Then Me.MemoFieldName = Now & " " & Me.MemoFieldName Else Me.MemoFieldName = Left(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName.OldValue)) & " " & Now & " " & Right(Me.MemoFieldName, Len(Me.MemoFieldName) - Len(Me. MemoFieldName.OldValue)) End If Me.Dirty = False End...

Check for Values
Hi I have 2 tables, requirements and stock on hand. In the requirement table, I have a part number, qty and due date and a related record in the stock on hand table using part number showing current stock. My question is can I use a query (and how!) to tell me a) I have enough stock to fulfil the requirements and b) If not at what date will I not be able to fulfil the requirements and by how many? Have been working on this for a while, and cant work it out Regards Alec Alec You are there, we are not ... the following may not fit your situation ... If you have a [Par...

You really need to check this out
You really need to check this out www.mcvweb.com ...

Delete CDO page heading and following matter when printing an email document; to print the document only
I have used a modified form of Ron de Bruin's macro for sending Excel generated email via CDO. I would like to be able to print the CDO generated document without printing the heading (To: From: Subject: etc.) or any tags that may follow. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael If Worksheets("DataBase").Range("R348").Value = 1 And Worksheets("Record").Range("C21").Value > 0 Then Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim ws As Worksheet Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Flds As ...

Money creating duplicate Credit Card account
Everytime I perform an on-line update to my accounts, Money creates an additional copy of one of my CC accounts. This particular account does not appear to be and is not supposed to be one of those that updates. I am not able to merge the two accounts. When I try to do so, the choice of that account is not available. I found an online solution, which was essentially to merge the two, but that does not work. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? Probably more information is needed to answere the question, such as how the accounts are being named, etc. Check the account settings...

Print preview question
When use preview the CR , how can I know the user press' print' button ? or press' export' button ? thanks "Sze" <abc@abc.com> wrote in message news:eGiRTfYgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When use preview the CR , how can I know the user press' print' button ? > or press' export' button ? > > thanks > > CR? Which print preview dialog are you using in what type of project? Hello Sze, Could you please let us know the Application context and elaborate the problem? By the way, we have migr...

Creating print sections within a worksheet
I'd like to have unique headers for parts of a worksheet when I print the data. Is it possible to create sections within a worksheet? Otherwise, if I have each set of unique data in separate tabs, eahc tab having it's unique header text, is there a way to create a pdf that is the combination of several tabs? My fallback would be to copy pieces of the data from Excel and paste them into sections of a Word document. Thanks, Jeff Jeff - See "Custom View" in Excel's Help. - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "M...

Print Preview: possible to remove the Internet Explorer little icon from the dialog title bar?
Hello, Anybody knows if it is at all possible to get rid of the Internet Explorer icon that shows up in the title bar of the Print Preview Dialog? I am using CHtmlView and calling the Print Preview through IDispatch. I am also providing my customized template for the Print Preview GUI. Everything is perfect other than I'd like to know if that icon can be removed and or changed with my own icon. Would it have anything to do with favicon by chance? Thanks! weboludo ...

Drop Shadows Not Printing Correctly
For the past several years I have been using Photoshop to creat graphics with drop shadows. I recently tried to use them with Publsiher 2003 and instead of the shadow gently fading to white, there is a shadow with a vivid stopping point in Publsher when I print. On the screen it looks OK. I must have somenting set wrong as all my other programs print it correctly. (Open Office Writer, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign CS - I have not tried MS Word.) I have used different file formats, but still nothing prints correctly. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. funzero <funzer...

Quick Print button printing to last used printer and not default
Quick Print button indicates that it should be using the default printer, and does, unless you choose another printer to use. I can clear this by rebooting Word, however, is there any way in which I can force quick print to always and only use default printer? Thanks. Perhaps you can use a macro to accomplish what you are describing (ask in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general). However, it would be relatively easy to press Ctrl+P and then pick the printer that you want in the dialog box. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jazz&q...

Print a .txt file
Hi, How can I programmatically print a specific text file ? (without using CPrintDialog) Yoav. Hi Yoavo, > How can I programmatically print a specific text file ? (without using > CPrintDialog) If you really just want to print a txt file you can use ShellExecute with "print" as verb: ShellExecute(yourHwndOrNULL, _T("print"), yourTextFilePath, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); You find details here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762153(VS.85).aspx If that does not fit your needs, please describe what you want to do and what is missing in ShellExecute ...

Report only prints the first 48 characters of an 80 character text
I have an 80 character field (Description) which is only showing 48 characters even though there is room to print the whole description. Somehow, the formatting is causing it to limit the field size to 48 and to replace the remaining characters with "..." to every record that is over 48 characters. There appears to be plenty of room on the report for the whole field. I have tried changing the font size, moving the field to a separate line and stretching it across the page, but without success. This was originally written in Access 2003, but Access 2007 doesn't fix the ...

Images missing in all Word files, no print preview etc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running into an issue with Word 2008 after recently upgrading from 2004. (BTW it is way faster now that it is a Universal Binary) <br><br>When I open old DOC files with images in them the images are always gone. I don't have a ton so I can't say if the image formats are all the same, they are basic GIF or BMP style graphics from what I remember. I can't see them in print layout mode, print preview, and they are missing when I print. I have checked to make sure it is not using the imag...