Credit Card payments on Invoices

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue.  We entered credit card
payments on several (over 2 dozen) invoices for a particular vendor.
Those payments each created an invoice to the credit card vendor, so
all is well there.  However, when we create a check batch, we still
see the original vendor name in the batch, with $0.00 due.  When we
click on the vendor, we see all of the invoices, with amount due of
$0.00 each and the indication that a document was applied to them.

Our Aged Payables is correct, as is our Vendor Inquiry.  The invoices
still appearing in the check batch aren't causing any problems, just a
concern that there might be problems we are not noting.

Has anyone else run into this?  If so, did you find that there was a
financial impact?  How did you resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance

This is happening as the paid invoices need to be moved into history
and this is the method used by GP to accomplish that movement. The same
thing happens with payments that actually happen with a check. As soon
as the transaction is completed, the items and payments move off into
history.

--
Lyle U

dmmweboffers@yahoo.com wrote:

> Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue.  We entered credit card
> payments on several (over 2 dozen) invoices for a particular vendor.
> Those payments each created an invoice to the credit card vendor, so
> all is well there.  However, when we create a check batch, we still
> see the original vendor name in the batch, with $0.00 due.  When we
> click on the vendor, we see all of the invoices, with amount due of
> $0.00 each and the indication that a document was applied to them.
>
> Our Aged Payables is correct, as is our Vendor Inquiry.  The invoices
> still appearing in the check batch aren't causing any problems, just a
> concern that there might be problems we are not noting.
>
> Has anyone else run into this?  If so, did you find that there was a
> financial impact?  How did you resolve the issue?
>
> Thanks in advance
0
lyleu (305)

Credit tab with Experian
Ant news why the login fails from MSMoney? I can access it from the website directly. Thank you. ...

bulk print sales invoices from history
It would be nice to have the ability to reprint customer invoices (SOP) in bulk using a range restriction by customer ID and date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default....

Order to Invoice
Wondering if someone could help me out with a setup issue. We enter an order with 10 items, 8 of which are on hand and 2 which had to be ordered on a purchase order, which was linked to the this order. The order is transferred to an invoice but the 2 items on purchase orders had not yet been received, leaving them "stranded" on the original order, waiting for receipt. Ideally, I would like to prevent this order from transferring to an invoice until all the items are received. We do not currently use a separate fulfillment process. Is there an option to prevent the transfer until...

Early Payment Discounts
Would some of you please share how you currently handle early payment discounts for account customers? It's baffling that RMS has no mechanism to apply a discount to an account payment at the time the payment is being posted to the account. Scenario: A customer owes $100 on their account, and has terms that allow for a 2% discount if paid by the 10th of the month. The customer would then submit a check for $98. When I record the payment in the Receive Payment screen (Shift+F4 at POS), I cannot account for the discount that I am giving to the customer. Consequently, the invoice...

Downloading transactions for credit card account.
Hi, I was able to get all my accounts and thier information from my Financial institution when I gave my user-name and pwd. But it appears that none of the transactions for my credit-card got downloaded. I tried updating that account again but to no avail. Any idea as to how one can do it? -Regards, Shridhar In microsoft.public.money, Boka wrote: > >I was able to get all my accounts and thier information from my Financial >institution when I gave my user-name and pwd. But it appears that none of the >transactions for my credit-card got downloaded. I tried updating that acc...

Gift Cards #3
I am looking to create gift cards. Cards that customers can buy as gifts, add any amount of credit on them. I would like wither bar code or magnetic swipe. Is this possible to do without having to use the cervice of an outside company (beyond making the cards)? Yes it is called vouchers. Built in to RMS can be used with barcodes as well as mag stripe. "Willie" <Willie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF668839-DBDF-4E09-805C-3904CF7B82CE@microsoft.com... >I am looking to create gift cards. Cards that customers can buy as gifts, >add > any amoun...

Online payment for bills with special categories, possible?
For instance I have bills for my credit card or loan payments that I have categorized as either "credit card payment: Amex" or "Loan Payment: Wells Fargo". When I view the bills in the summart there is no option to pay these online. Am I missing something? ...

Automatic payment dates seem to arbitrarily change themselves
This has happened to me 3 times. I have several dozen automatic payments set up and usually they work fine. But suddenly inexplicably seemingly arbitrarily 3 times it has happened where the "next due date" increments itself by 2 months for all my automatic payments. To fix it I have to manually cancel each APAY series and adjust the next due date and set it back to autopay - quite a big nuisance. Does anybody haveany ideas why this happens or an easier way to fix it when it does happen? Thank you. "AlyssaD" <AlyssaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Cred Card Pre-auths
How do I perform credit card preauthorizations through PC Charge? My credit card company says the software must allow it. RMS does not handle Pre-auths, you will have to do outside of RMS. Rob "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE73FA9-136B-4317-A688-B27BB30E3BB1@microsoft.com... > How do I perform credit card preauthorizations through PC Charge? My > credit > card company says the software must allow it. Really!? wow... I was just about to purchase some card readers and convert from a credit terminal to RMS processing. I t...

2 credit cards- 1 transaction
does anyone know how to split a transaction tender onto 2 different credit cards? for example, if the total is $100 and a customer wants to put $70 on his Platinum Visa and $30 on his Citibank Visa (same tender type). go to Database | Tender Types in the Manager and check the box to allow multiple entries. "Kamal Hood" <kamal@compassionatecaregivers.net> wrote in message news:ukCYrr28EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > does anyone know how to split a transaction tender onto 2 different credit > cards? for example, if the total is $100 and a customer wants to put $70 o...

Manual Payments for AP must be able to do through IM
I would be happy if you can add an adapter for Manual payments. ...

Changing mortgage payment frequency
I want to change my mortgage payments from monthly to every other week. I can see how that is changed in Pay Bills, but when I go through those screens, there are caluclated fields that don't allow that change. I understand why because my amortization schedule would be changed. So I went to the Mortgage Account and went to the change terms screens. But there was no option for changing the date or frequency of mortgage payment. Any suggestion? I hope I'm not required to start a new mortgage account to make this change. In microsoft.public.money, Moochie wrote: >I want to...

How we can insert payment button in to yahoo ,hotmail email message using a Payment wizard application which is developed using VC++(MFC)
hi Actually i developed a payment wizard application using VC++(MFC) which insert payment buttons in to outlook email messages after then we send that mail to customer when customer open his mail he found payment button in his mail when he click on that button he automatically log on to www.paypal.com , but i want to use the same wizard application to insert payment button in to yahoo and hotmail email messages. so can some body help me in finding the solution. if possible provide code also. Rajeev ...

design for the back of a buisness card
how do i create the design for the back of a business card? Insert, page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "johnnyenglish007" <johnnyenglish007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E091FD6-41CC-45A0-9106-3F6143F97897@microsoft.com... > how do i create the design for the back of a business card? ...

Stop duplicate invoices processing after a crash of GP
Would like to stop duplicate invoices processing through to the GL while postring and GP crashes. System allows the invcoies to process through once you get back into GP and creates a duplicates with the extension 001. these transactions were posted twice the system adds 001 on to the original invoice number but the number payment appears to be duplicated with the same number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If...

Plus Home and Business Clearing deposited invoices
This seems odd to me. When I do an invoice, and it is paid, and then I = deposit it to my checking account (no problem), when the deposit clears = and I download it from my bank, Money refuses to match it. It just = ignores it and I have no choice but to accept it and delete it since I = don't need it twice. Is this a bug? "SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in news:13FACCA1-7F9A-461D-A807-EBFAD465F2E0@microsoft.com: > This seems odd to me. When I do an invoice, and it is paid, and then > I deposit it to my checking account (no problem), when the depos...

Format for Downloading Credit Card Transactions to MSMoney 2007
I am running XP Operating System with MSMoney 2007. My new credit card company gives me choice of downloading to MSMoney QIF or QFX. Which do I choose? In microsoft.public.money, Mark wrote: >I am running XP Operating System with MSMoney 2007. My new credit card >company gives me choice of downloading to MSMoney QIF or QFX. Which do I >choose? OFX would be best. Try "QFX". If it works, that would be preferable to QIF. If it does not work, QIF should be good enough. ...

Easier Credit Card Setup and easier Credit Card Tendering
Credit Card tender type set up should be easier, all major card types (Visa, MC, AX, Discover, Diner Clubs, etc) should already be in the system and simply having to select the option of accepting that card. It should also be easier at the Tender where we only have to select Credit Card tender, swipe the card, and the system automatically knows what type of card it is based on the card number, and have it shown on the receipt and report appropriately according to the card type. Currently having us selecting what card type is being use is just too cumbersome. Natt You can set up jus...

Store Credit Receipt
How do you create a receipt for store credit only so that the receipt says "Store Credit" as title not "Sales Receipt"? (I have one printer using both Printer1 and 2 as I print out gift receipt from #2.) Good question... in fact, while we're at it, is it possible to make a receipt that says 'Invoice' instead of 'Sales Receipt' for account transactions? "sammm" wrote: > How do you create a receipt for store credit only so that the receipt says > "Store Credit" as title not "Sales Receipt"? > > (I have one...

AP Invoice not in GL please help
I have an invoice that was entered through payables that is not showing up in my general ledger and I'm not sure why or how to figure out what happened. The payable entry was a debit to an asset account and a credit to a/p (this entry cannot be found in the GL) then when the check was cut there was a debit to a/p and a credit to cash (this entry does show up in the GL)--- therefore my cash is accurate but A/P is understated and my asset is understated. Thanks in advance for any and all help Frank Do you have the fixed asset module? If so, doesn't GP post to a clearance acc...

Accepting Multiple Gift Cards in one Tender Type
We have many customers that come in with several gift cards (vouchers) that they want to use all in one transaction. Currently, the only feasable solution we can come up with is to set up several different tender types all called gift card. It works, but is messy. It sure would be nice to be able to accept more than one gift card all in one tender type. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butt...

SOP Blank Invoice Form: keeps printing old invoice
I've tried searching for a previous answer to this question, but I'm a Great Plains novice, so I'm not even sure what to be searching for! We're on Great Plains 8.00g73 with SQL Server 2000 SP4. Typically, we view an invoice, print it to the screen, and use the Send To button to open the invoice in an email. Previously, this would have the selected invoices information in a PDF with the filename "SOP Blank Invoice Form.pdf". Now, we get the same named PDF, but it always shows up with the same information (from an older invoice). I found this file in: c:\documents...

Bank charges while entering payment from customer
Provide a way to enter bank charges while entering a payment from customer or during bank deposit. Presently, we have to use Bank transaction to take up the bank charges. ...

Version 9.0
Hi, We recently upgraded from Great Plains 7.5 to 9.0. We are trying to process a batch of suppliers' payments and this needs to be split between cheque and BACS payments (UK banks). In the previous versions, we were able to split the batch between the two modes of payments as we go along. But now, we are being told that this is no longer possible! We will have to manually segregate the payments and create a separate batch for each type of payment! I wonder if anyone could let me know if it is still possible to split a single batch between the two forms of payment as we used to do...

U of M in SOP Invoice created from RMA
Regardless of what U of M you have for an item in your RMA, when you close the RMA and create an SOP Invoice, the SOP Invoice wiill use a U of M of "Each", even if this U of M does not exist on any of your U of M schedules. The SOP Invoice should use the U of M from the RMA. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Ne...