Creating Return from Project to vendors from PA Module

Hi,
I am not familar with the project accounting, struckup with the functionality.
I am trying to create a return entry for "Return Non-Inventory items from
projects to vendors". I am trying to return a single ("1") quantity, When
entering the value in Quantity field it pops me a warning message saying "You
are not allowed to return a quantity greater than the actual posted
quantity". What is the functionality that i'm missing. If possible can anyone
tell me the functionality  to create a return from Project Accounting.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Shan.
0
shan1 (43)

Shan,

Whenever You want to make a return from Project, It need to have a QTY that
is equal to or less than the posted QTY. When you try to post a INV/Non-IV
Return from Project, it will search for the posted QTY for the Item in the
project. Say, You purchased 100QTY for Project A and Transferred 50QTY to the
project A, then You'll be allowed to return either 50 or less but not more
than 50.
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"shan" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am not familar with the project accounting, struckup with the functionality.
> I am trying to create a return entry for "Return Non-Inventory items from
> projects to vendors". I am trying to return a single ("1") quantity, When
> entering the value in Quantity field it pops me a warning message saying "You
> are not allowed to return a quantity greater than the actual posted
> quantity". What is the functionality that i'm missing. If possible can anyone
> tell me the functionality  to create a return from Project Accounting.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards,
> Shan.
0
janakirammp (688)
7/6/2009 1:05:01 PM
Hi Janikiram,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

The process flow is through econnect I am creating a
Receivings(Shipment/Invoice) for a project with Non Inventory Item, for that
Non Inventory Item I am not able to create a Return from Return From Project
Entry. It pops me a message, for a normal GP Receivings it dint pops me the
message when creating a return.

If we create a Receivings from eConnect with Project Details,It does not
actually allocate the quantity or update the cost to the Project. To allocate
the quantity and to update the cost to that project, we need to do a Project
Inventory transfer for that Project.

Regards,
Shan.

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Shan,
>
> Whenever You want to make a return from Project, It need to have a QTY that
> is equal to or less than the posted QTY. When you try to post a INV/Non-IV
> Return from Project, it will search for the posted QTY for the Item in the
> project. Say, You purchased 100QTY for Project A and Transferred 50QTY to the
> project A, then You'll be allowed to return either 50 or less but not more
> than 50.
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP
> partner forums at
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
>

> "shan" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am not familar with the project accounting, struckup with the functionality.
> > I am trying to create a return entry for "Return Non-Inventory items from
> > projects to vendors". I am trying to return a single ("1") quantity, When
> > entering the value in Quantity field it pops me a warning message saying "You
> > are not allowed to return a quantity greater than the actual posted
> > quantity". What is the functionality that i'm missing. If possible can anyone
> > tell me the functionality  to create a return from Project Accounting.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Regards,
> > Shan.
0
shan1 (43)

Pay Vendors
I have a problems with Pay Vendors: Vendors -> Pay Vendors ALL I have list of Vendors with 0 balance. Reconcilation and so on not helping. No open balances. Everything looks clean Any ideas? Vitali Vitali, Is this in SBF? I think the answer to your question is the same in either SBF or GP, however. If you have paid a vendor via a Manual Payment, the next time you go to cut checks, the system will create remittance information for this vendor. So it won't actually print any checks for zero, it will simply show the remittance information for the previous manual payment(s...

Trouble with creating tab stops
This should be very simple but haven't found the answer in all the posts. Following the "Create or modify a tab stop" instructions I can't get the first tab stop to respond to anything but flush left. Center, Decimal, Flush Right all do not seem to work. I'm sure it is simple and something I should be able to do. My many searches re-phrasing to advance the search only take me back to "Create or modify.....". Version? "Midge" <Midge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A46B5D82-E1FC-42B5-9514-DD271E0BE086@microsoft.com... >...

New mail has a reinder auto created for it
I had to use the inbox repair tool, becuase outlook could not open my .pst. Now that it is up and running again, whenever I get new mail, outlook automatically pops the new mail in a reminder box(like the ones that display when you setup events on the calendar). The mail is still going to the Inbox though. Can anyone advise on how to turn this off, (it's very irritating)? Thanks There is an option for this in Tools-> Options-> tab Preferences-> button E-mail Options-> button Advanced E-mail Options -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

Create a break in Y-axis values
Hello group! I have a chart with values ranging from 3 to 3.5 million. I have charted it using a logarithmic scale, but would prefer to use a Y-axis with a break in it. Have seen these all over the place, but have never seen it done in Ecxel. Is this pocssible? If so how? Thanks in advance Meg Jon Peltier has instructions for a broken Y axis: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html Meg wrote: > I have a chart with values ranging from 3 to 3.5 million. > > I have charted it using a logarithmic scale, but would > prefer to use a Y-axis with a break in...

IF statement not returning a blank so a chart line won't gap
I have an IF formula that should return a blank to a cell using the "". but the chart does not recognize it as a blank and drops the shart line to zero instead of showing a gap Replace the "" in your formula by NA() -- David Biddulph "mikekaf" <mikekaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E81228FD-FEA8-4EC8-ABF0-8874B7A5F1B9@microsoft.com... >I have an IF formula that should return a blank to a cell using the "". but > the chart does not recognize it as a blank and drops the shart line to > zero > instead of showing a...

Creating Icons as a Resource
All, I have a few questions about creating a icon as a resource in VS 2003. In order to create a icon to be used as a resource in Win95, Win98, Win2K, WinXP do I need to create a image for every Target Image Type (16X16 16 Color, 16X16 256 Color, 32X32 16 color, 32X32 256 color, etc.)? This application will be released to a large audience. Are there any other things I need to know about the icon format that may be useful to a novice? Thanks for all the help! Chris SolomonMan 48x48, 256 color 32x32, 16 color 16x16 pixels, 16 color -- Vipin Aravind "Solomon_Man" <solomon_ma...

creating tasks, appoinment, and events from a message
May i know how to creat a task as well as appoinment and events from a message "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF9A01A4-38C9-441A-8A83-499ECE988DDA@microsoft.com... > May i know how to creat a task as well as appoinment and events from a > message Drag your message to either the tasks or calendar folder. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

opening a form from a VBA module?
Hi all, I'd like a module to open and load a form in my Access 2003 database... How can I do this? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:59:05 -0000, Mike wrote: > Hi all, I'd like a module to open and load a form in my Access 2003 > database... How can I do this? Look up the OpenForm method in VBA help. DoCmd.Open Form "FormName" -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail On Jul 18, 12:05 pm, fredg <fgutk...@example.invalid> wrote: > On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:59:05 -0000, Mike wrote: > > Hi all, I'd like a module to open an...

Find max value from 3 cells, return text, but 2 max values same!
Hi, I'm using a simple formula to find and return the maximum value from 3 compared columns (N, Q & T) and place that max value in column U (same row). Equation in column U is: =MAX(N3,Q3,T3) SK17 EC3 PL2 Max Text N O P Q R S T U V 3 6 5 1 6 4 6 3 3 6 5 5 5 2 5 6 1 ...

Creating new identities
I upgraded to Outlook 2002 from Outlook Express. In Outlook Express I was able to create multiple identities. I can't figure out how to do this with Outlook 2002. Please help Thanks Outlook doesn't use "Identities" in the same way OE does, but you do have a couple of options. One option is to add all of your e-mail accounts to one Outlook profile and then create rules to divert incoming messages to separate folders based on the account through which they were received. Another way is to create separate Outlook profiles for each e-mail account or for each user of Outloo...

SFO CRM-EMail button created e-mails end up in Draft folder
I have a user who is creating e-mails using the CRM-E-mail button in sales for outlook so they can use the Insert sig function. When clicking the send button the e-mails end up going into the Draft folder. Non CRM-mails send fine and he can send from the web forms without a problem. Anyone seen anything like this? Thanks for any insights! R We are having simular problems. The emails are send to the recipient. but CRM leaves a copy in the draft folder. Microsoft Support had the following comments to the situation: As designed, no plans to change..... Workaround: Do not use Outlooks...

Creating mailing labels with a .wdb database
I have followed all the demos for creating mailing labels. I've used the step by step wizard. When I get done, I only get one page of labels (in my case 14 labels). The indicator at the bottom left shows page 1 of 1. The database contains some 50 records which are all viewable by searching for a recipient. When I send the work to print, my printer panel in the "Control Panel" shows 4 pages, but only prints the one. Help, I'm trying to send out my Christmas cards.... ...

Return number of cells filled
Hi Guys, Excel 2000. I have Cells B2 thru G2 available to be filled in with either a 1 or 0. Some of the cells are blank. I want to put a formula in cell H2 that will return the total cells that are filled in. Right now B2 has a 1 and C2 has a 0. I want H2 to return the number 2 or if it's possible 2/6 would be even better. Thanks, Linda Hi! Try this: =COUNT(B2:G2)&"/"&6 Biff "LMB" <RomulanQueen@10Forward.SSTNG> wrote in message news:%23Ys2tu5SFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > Excel 2000. I have Cells B2 thru G2 ...

Create Address List from Public Folder
Hi, I have a Public Folder that contains contacts. I want to create a (Global) Address List that will get populated with the contacts from that Public Folder. I know that this can be done on the Outlook client (set the folder to be used as an address book). Can I configure this on the server so that I don't have to set it up on each client? thanks christos Yes you can if you know how to write code. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Christos Kritikos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Visual Studio 2008 database project or just use SSMS?
What would be better to use? Visual Studio 2008 database project or just use SSMS? Andy B It depends on the application you are going to develop "Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OOLL7rBzKHA.5868@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What would be better to use? Visual Studio 2008 database project or just > use SSMS? > > I use VS200x for source control (as a front end for source control) and directory file structure via a dbp project. Source Control is via SVN (collabnet subversion "flavored") with Ankh VS200x ...

Not able to save project plan erro id:20010..please its urjent
Hi All, i am facing a problem in office project 2007, when i try to save an existing plan its throwing an error job failed error id:20010 this is an sub project, i tried with y admin permissions and i checked additional server settings to allow master project to be checked. please help i need to publish the plan by today thanks, chanti Chanti: Is this a plan already saved to Project Server, or one that you want to bring into the server? If it's the latter, I would strongly recommend using the Import Project to Enterprise wizard found under Tools > Enterprise ...

returns in item transaction enquiry show as receipt type
In the Item transaction enquiry, returns transactions show as a document type of receipt this is very misleading. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7f2ffdbc-e...

How do I create a dynamic chart
I have a database on sheet "D" with 1000 rows of data 79 columns wide. How do I create a single line chart on sheet "A" that graphs a single row on sheet "D" where the row number is specified in cell H1 on sheet "A" This doesn't work: =D!&ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),1):ADDRESS(OFFSET(A1,H1,1,1,1),78) The chart would graph out whatever D! row number is pointed to by cell A1 on sheet "A" read other posts today -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Nick Krill" <NickKrill@discussions...

A way to create a smartlist object
Is there a way to add a smartlist object without Smartlist Builder? If so how? You'd have to use Dexterity, I believe, to do that. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Fhillyer" wrote: > Is there a way to add a smartlist object without Smartlist Builder? > > If so how? > Charles is correct - you can make your own via Dexterity. Which is essentially what SmartList builder is doing - it gives you the UI and then handles all the stuff in a similar manner as you'd write yours in Dexterity. It is all documented in the Dexterity Integration Guide. patrick dev support ...

Creating a custom search folder that matches on multiple conditions...
I've searched on the web and newsgroups but it's very hard to find information on this topic. I simply want to create a search folder that returns me all emails which contains words "ABC" Or "DEF" in the subject line, for example. I tried specifying "ABC, DEF". "ABC or DEF" didn't work either. And in Advanced tab, there doesn't seem to be a way to specify ORing of the conditions in the list. How could something so basic of a feature have been overlooked? I'd appreciate if anyone can share a howto or a workaround. Thanks I used ...

Create a Variant (SafeArray maybe) from a void*
Hi everyone! What i want to do is to add some data from a structure: struct ci_t { int size; void* data; // need to save this }; to SQL table. to do this i create a parameter wich need a value as a Variant. So i need to create this variant from my structure. The way how i do this is with safearray. I don't know if this ok, this is way i ask. The code works, but on data base i have on data on length of 4, not my size :-(. The way i do is like this: // way 1 SAFEARRAY FAR* sarray; sarray = ::SafeArrayCreateVector( VT_I1, 0, ci->size ); void *voidp = NULL; ::SafeArrayAccessData(sarray, &...

How do I create a JPG, GIF, PNG file. Do I need special software
I need to find out how to create these kinds of documents. How do i do that? Almost all graphics software will create those graphic files. Even Paint (in all Windows operating systems) ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:59:02 -0800, in microsoft.public.office.misc, Darlene S <Darlene S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to find out how to create these kinds of documents. How do i do that? Copy the image, Paste it into Picture Manager, Export the resulting file as the desired ty...

This note has been created since your attempt to create it
Hello: I am testing things in GP 10.0 after a test upgrade that I conducted. Upon trying to enter a record-level not into a Sales Order Processing Invoice, I get the following message: This note has been created since your attempt to create it. It will not allow me to enter a note. Any ideas? Is this a job for "NoteFix" or something? childofthe1980s Check if the record note index being assigned by the system to the invoice is already existing on the Record Notes Master table (SY03900). To get the next note index number for the invoice, 1) Go to table SOP40200 2) Query fo...

Please Help! How to create IIS>Virtual directory programmaticaly
Hello, I am using Visual C++ 6.0. In my application I have to create in the IIS>local computer>Web Sites>Default Web Site - virtual directory and also I want to be able to change properties of this vitrual directory (All process of creation virtual directory in the IIS I want to do programmaticaly). How I can create IIS virtual directory from VC++ application? If it's possible please give me an example. Thank you in advance, Pola ...

Creating a Database
I am the money manager for a Girl Scout troop and need some help creating a database that would keep track of registration dues (yearly), regular dues (weekly), when these dues are deposited, check written, with dates, check numbers and such. I want it to feed into a simple check book register look report but then have detailed reports by child on how much they have paid and when. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. If you have never created a database before, it is going to take you a couple of years of work (assuming you do this in your spare time) to figure out how t...