Creating new company

I am trying to create  a new company (I already have Fabricom installed).
During the creation of the company - the Program crashes as "Create Company
Information". I am running GP 10 on a standalone XP machine. I just need to
create a couple more test companies, but it is becoming a challenge. The
Fabricom works fine - but I would like a test company with a different set of
data.

"microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the the inconveneince"

Thanks

0
nfp (120)

Hi NFP,

Have you registered your installation of GP?  Have installed any services
packs before running the Utilities?  What is the exact error message that you
are getting?  Check the event viewer in the control in XP and review what
that says.  Maybe that can help with troubleshooting the problem.

Kevin

"nfp" wrote:

> I am trying to create  a new company (I already have Fabricom installed).
> During the creation of the company - the Program crashes as "Create Company
> Information". I am running GP 10 on a standalone XP machine. I just need to
> create a couple more test companies, but it is becoming a challenge. The
> Fabricom works fine - but I would like a test company with a different set of
> data.
>
> "microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry for the the inconveneince"
>
> Thanks

0
Precipio (37)
4/28/2008 12:18:00 AM
Precipio,

Here is the error message.

"microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the the inconveneince" The error occurs at the time when the
"Create Company Information" process is running.

In the event log there is an error under Dexterity.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Dexterity
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1000
Date:		4/27/2008
Time:		10:36:40 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	BAJA
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
dynamics.exe, 10.0.193.0, 462d7fba, dynamics.exe, 10.0.193.0, 462d7fba, 0,
000c6ba0.

The above message was no help in troubleshooting.

Thanks for your help.

nfp

"Precipio" wrote:

> Hi NFP,
>
> Have you registered your installation of GP?  Have installed any services
> packs before running the Utilities?  What is the exact error message that you
> are getting?  Check the event viewer in the control in XP and review what
> that says.  Maybe that can help with troubleshooting the problem.
>
> Kevin
>
> "nfp" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to create  a new company (I already have Fabricom installed).
> > During the creation of the company - the Program crashes as "Create Company
> > Information". I am running GP 10 on a standalone XP machine. I just need to
> > create a couple more test companies, but it is becoming a challenge. The
> > Fabricom works fine - but I would like a test company with a different set of
> > data.
> >
> > "microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> > sorry for the the inconveneince"
> >
> > Thanks

0
nfp (120)
4/28/2008 12:58:00 AM
Is your local or domain user IDs a member of the administrators group? If
not, that's the reason you may be experiencing this issue.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"nfp" wrote:

> Precipio,
>

> Here is the error message.
>
> "microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry for the the inconveneince" The error occurs at the time when the
> "Create Company Information" process is running.
>
> In the event log there is an error under Dexterity.
>

> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	Dexterity
> Event Category:	None
> Event ID:	1000
> Date:		4/27/2008
> Time:		10:36:40 AM
> User:		N/A
> Computer:	BAJA
> The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be
> found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
> to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
> Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
> dynamics.exe, 10.0.193.0, 462d7fba, dynamics.exe, 10.0.193.0, 462d7fba, 0,
> 000c6ba0.
>
> The above message was no help in troubleshooting.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> nfp
>
> "Precipio" wrote:
>
> > Hi NFP,
> >
> > Have you registered your installation of GP?  Have installed any services
> > packs before running the Utilities?  What is the exact error message that you
> > are getting?  Check the event viewer in the control in XP and review what
> > that says.  Maybe that can help with troubleshooting the problem.
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > "nfp" wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to create  a new company (I already have Fabricom installed).
> > > During the creation of the company - the Program crashes as "Create Company
> > > Information". I am running GP 10 on a standalone XP machine. I just need to
> > > create a couple more test companies, but it is becoming a challenge. The
> > > Fabricom works fine - but I would like a test company with a different set of
> > > data.
> > >
> > > "microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> > > sorry for the the inconveneince"
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/28/2008 2:08:00 AM
thank you everyone who responded to this query. I resolved the issue by the
running the "clearcompanys.sql" script that I found in the knowledgebase. I
guess had some companies that were deleted in sql server but existed
somewhere in the dynamics tables. Which created a record mismatch.

Thanks again.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Is your local or domain user IDs a member of the administrators group? If
> not, that's the reason you may be experiencing this issue.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "nfp" wrote:
>
> > Precipio,
> >

> > Here is the error message.
> >
> > "microsoft dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> > sorry for the the inconveneince" The error occurs at the time when the
> > "Create Company Information" process is running.
> >
> > In the event log there is an error under Dexterity.
> >

> > Event Type:	Error
> > Event Source:	Dexterity
> > Event Category:	None
> > Event ID:	1000
> > Date:		4/27/2008
> > Time:		10:36:40 AM
> > User:		N/A
> > Computer:	BAJA
> > The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Dexterity ) cannot be
> > found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
> > message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
> > to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
> > Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
> > dynamics.exe, 10.0.193.0, 462d7fba, dynamics.exe, 10.0.193.0, 462d7fba, 0,
> > 000c6ba0.
> >
> > The above message was no help in troubleshooting.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > nfp
> >
> > "Precipio" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi NFP,
> > >
> > > Have you registered your installation of GP?  Have installed any services
> > > packs before running the Utilities?  What is the exact error message that you
> > > are getting?  Check the event viewer in the control in XP and review what
> > > that says.  Maybe that can help with troubleshooting the problem.
> > >
> > > Kevin

0
nfp (120)

word cannot save or create this file
i have opened a saved doc. When i re-open and edit and then "save as" new name an error: word cannot save or create this file. Check the disk is not full or write protected. This is new, how do i save? -- Browny ...

creating a macro
I am creating a sheet that has 3 basic columns. (see below). What I want is to create a macro that will automatically give me the lowest bid of the three. I would also like to create a column that shows the differnces in the three. For example Estimate #1 is $500 more than estimate #2; Estimate #3 is $700 lower than Estimate #1 and $200 lower than Estimate #2 Can this be done? A B C D ESTIMATE #1 ESTIMATE #2 ESTIMATE #3 BID $2,000.00 $1,500.00 $1,300.00 Any formula for th...

Old iMac
Have attempted unsuccessfully to mass move 1200 emails from my old imac to my new imac. My problem is identifying where and what files need transferring. Can someone point me to a refernce or share some wisdom as how to do this??? ...

No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook??
I Created a spreadsheet with over 200 Worksheets inside and I wrote a macro that basically formats each worksheet after I'm done put all the info that I need (text, number, and graphs) I'm like half way through and I an error telling me "No More New Fonts May Be Applied in this Workbook" is there a way to ignore this message cause it's cause my macro to stop and debug... -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200701/1 See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215573 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps f...

Create datasheet in MDE
My application creates a datasheet on the fly. Users make a selection from a set parameters including column names, sort order, etc and the code populates a querydef with the set of columns selected by the user. This works fine in an MDB. The equivalent MDE crashes - "That command isn't available in an MDE database" Please tell me how to add/delete columns from a querydef in an MDE file? DT On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:57:59 -0400, "DRedDog" <dreddog69@hotmail.com> wrote: What command? Surely MDE would allow you to create a sql statement and ass...

New ti xml database
I need to use a file that is in xml format in vb.net. I'm new here. I have MSSql 2000 and vb.net 2003. I have accessed SQL files before. What is best. 1. Access the XML file directly? 2. Somehow import it into MSSQL 2000 3. Is there a better way. The file is publically available via internet. It must be updated periodically and accessed. Any Good advice will be greatly appreciated. jwc *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Jim Bob wrote: > I need to use a file that is in xml format in vb.net. > > I'm new here. I have MSSql 2000 and...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

Workflow to perform actions when task created not working
I have some workflows that create task activity assignments for new clients (Accounts). the workflow rule is 'manual' and works just fine. The issue is that I had to create an additional workflow rule for 'task' entity, so that when a task is created, the system can check the subject, and then update a custom picklist field with a certain value from the list. The 'manual' workflow creates the task activities, but the 'create' workflow rule for tasks is not even launching. No action takes place. Does anyone have an idea of what may be happening. I am...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

How create ranking within subgroup
Hi all, I have a SQL question. I have a table which contain fields: Product, Customer and SpendByCustomer What I would like is to create a query of the top spend by customers (aggregated) by Product. I would like the query list by Product, then by the top spend customer (in descending order) and a new field that would tag it as such. For example: Product Customer Spend Order 1 ABC 1000 5 1 CDE 500 4 1 FGH 400 3 1 IJK 300 2 1 LMN 100 1 2 FGH 400 3 2 CDE 100 2 2 ABC 50 1 The value of the Order field is based on number of customers for t...

CDialog::Create() is blocked in GUI thread. Why?
Hi all, I am trying to use another GUI thread to show a dialog, but I found the CDialog::Create() will be blocked in the GUI thread. I start the GUI thread from a function in my main thread by using a calss that is derived from CWinThread. In CWinThread::InitInstance(), I new a dialog object and call its Create(). I found the Create() will be blocked until the function in my main thread is leaved. Have you encountered such situation before? Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance. Justi Lin Justin wrote: > > Hi all, > > I am trying to use anot...

Unable to create custom keyboard shortcut
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I get to where you are able to create a custom keyboard shortcut. But when I select my command &quot;NextChangeorComment&quot; and select the &quot;Press new keyboard shortcut&quot; field, nothing happens. No text shows up in the field, nor does the &quot;Assign&quot; button become selectable. Since you don't specifically say that you did so, once you click in the field you need to press the actual key combination you want to assign to the command. If you did so but nothing displayed in the field it&#...

Is it possible to create a product in MS CRM through CRM webservic
Is it possible to create a product in MS CRM through CRM webservices ...

Outlook 2000 slow at opening new emails
Hello... We have a WinXP Pro laptop on a NT network with Outlook 2000 on it, the laptop has a standard network conection and syncs emails when off-line. It also has a bluetooth connection, but the default connection is a standard network port. When a new email comes in and the user tries to open the email Outlook hangs. We did do a system restore which seemed to help but the problem comes back again. No new software had been added so I'm not sure why a system restore worked, initially. Could it be something to do with the network connection and email sync...or what? It's the company ...

Virtual user supports in exchange server (a email account without actually creating a email account)
I want to provide email service to my customer, but I don't want to create real user account and email account for each one. for example, I want to assign email like xyz123@mycompany.com to my customer, but I don't really have a email account named "xyz123" setup for it. Still, I want to be able to look at all the new email in the exchange server and extract those emails and doing somework accordingly. Does anyone know if Exchange server support this feature? If not, any other window based email server support it? Thank you so much for the help.. --Xin Chen In news:...

Setting company-wide holidays on exchange/outlook calendar
Is it possible to set holidays globally on exchange so that it will appear on everyone's Outlook calendar, instead of setting them for each user? Thanks, John ...

OUTLOOK 2003 in W7, New CONTACTS will not 'File As' properly
I upgraded to W7 and reinstalled Outlook 2003 a few weeks ago. Now I notice that new Contacts that I add do not file Lastname, First as instructed in 'View or Change Directories." Pre-existing Contacts are still ok. Any ideas about how to fix the problem, preferrably not "Get Outlook 2007?" Thanks "mcarpeneto" <mcarpeneto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3C49EB-F629-4840-AFD9-5CCE440DE0A4@microsoft.com... >I upgraded to W7 and reinstalled Outlook 2003 a few weeks ago. Now I notice > that new Contacts that I add do not...

How to create and access (add/delete mails) .PST file at runtime?
Hi, I need to store selected mails into some different .pst file at runtime. Also want to access those mails in .pst at runtime. I can import and export mails into .MSG file. But it is hard to maintain mails as .msg files. My queries are, 1. How to create/open .PST file at runtime ? 2. How to add/delete (import/export) mails (any format like .MSG, ..EML, etc.,) into .PST at runtime ? Is there any way to handle this kind of situation thru Outlook object model or CDO or Extended MAPI or Redemption or any other way? Thanks in advance with best regards, Kumar 1. Use Namespace.AddStore/Re...

Our new website
This website is for artist, freelancers, programmers, writers, translators. All who is looking for work. If you are a skilled professional use page "Add profile" to create your profile. Also this website is for those who is looking for skilled professional. If you are looking for a professional use page "Projects" to post a project. www.ewho.us ...

Complex problem on easily creating and editing subsets...
Hey guys, I've got a bit of a complex problem. I have a spreadsheet that lists yearly sales information for all 50 states in the US. Then I have the last 3 and 5 years of total sales for each state. What I want to be able to do is create territories of these states and then be able to get the total 3 and 5 year sales for all the states in the defined territories. This can be done normally just by adding things manually but I'm wondering if there�s a way, perhaps with a macro, to define these territories and get the sums. The other problem is I also need to be able to easily modify th...

Splitting 24 pg doc into 24 new separate docs
I have a 24 page document that needs to be split into 24 new and separate documents. Is there an easy way to do this other than the old copy/paste? Thanks! Save As and start deleting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Tina" <Tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC191E9-6935-493F-A465-7DBAC2ABC872@microsoft.com... >I have a 24 page document that needs to be split into 24 new and separate > documents. Is there an easy way to do this other than the old copy/...

Creating sub-accounts in Money
Hi, I would like to be able to create sub-accounts in Microsoft Money 2004. The intention is to transfer money to various 'Saves' sub-accounts which are still calculated within the main account. Is this possible? Help please. How about using categories and/or classes for this. e.g. Savings:Christmas, Savings:Vacation, etc. On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:40:03 -0700, Ricky <Ricky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I would like to be able to create sub-accounts in Microsoft Money 2004. The >intention is to transfer money to various 'Saves' sub-accounts which ...

How do I create a keyboard shortcut with SharePoint installed?
The closest instructions I could find were Tools->Customize->Keyboard. I cannot find tools anywhere in Word, and if I go to the SharePoint window, the Customize window doesn't have a Keyboard selection. I would like to make a short cut to insert table rows as it requires to much mouse clicking and movement and on can only insert one row at a time. If you have Word 2007, that's why you don't see a "Tools" menu -- or any menus -- and it has nothing whatever to do with having or not having SharePoint. If that's the case, right-click the Quick Acc...

Word 2007
In Word 2003 you can define a new number format list with Number style (None). It is not possible in Word 2007 because the OK button is not activated when (None) is choosen. To create a list like this is useful if you want to repeat a text on every line in a list without a number. My work around for this time was to do a list in Word 2003 version and then copy it into Word 2007. I look forward to get an answere from someone out there. Best regards, Lisa It is true that you can't do this for simple lists in Word 2007, but you can do it for multilevel lists; see h...

Outlook 2003
I am a delegate receiving meeting requests for several people. In my Inbox, there is no way to tell which meeting requests are really for me (i.e. I am invited to the meeting) and which meeting requests I am receiving on behalf of others (I am not invited to the meeting but may accept or decline on behalf of the person whose delegate I am). I have created sub-folders for each of the managers whose meeting requests I receive. I would like meeting requests I receive on behalf of others to be filtered into the appropriate sub-folder, bypassing my Inbox. I have made many attempts ...