Creating a parent/child relationship for vendors

Hello,

Has anyone ever done a parent/child relationship for vendors in great
plains?  We have a structure that has multiple subcontractors working for
the same vendor and since the number of contractors per vendor is a one to
one relationship, we were thinking of creating a parent vendor and have the
vendors associated with the contractors be the children.  This way when we
write up an invoice for the parent vendor, we can include all the child
vendors information as well.  I'm new to the world of Great Plains.  If this
is an absurd question, please excuse...

Thanks,
Med

Look at the process for National Accounts. Even though your scenario might not
fit the absolute definition, the process should work for you as it works along
the lines of a parent account with child accounts attached.

Lyle

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:54:14 -0400, "Medardo Lacayo" <medardo.lacayo@auxis.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Has anyone ever done a parent/child relationship for vendors in great
>plains?  We have a structure that has multiple subcontractors working for
>the same vendor and since the number of contractors per vendor is a one to
>one relationship, we were thinking of creating a parent vendor and have the
>vendors associated with the contractors be the children.  This way when we
>write up an invoice for the parent vendor, we can include all the child
>vendors information as well.  I'm new to the world of Great Plains.  If this
>is an absurd question, please excuse...
>
>Thanks,
>Med

As far as I can tell, no there isn't.
The only workaround I can think of is to use one of the user defined fields
in the vendor master to show the Parent Vendor ID.
This might then help you a little in grouping reports, but wont help you
much with invoices.

You say many subcontractors and contractors per vendor is a one to one
relationship and invoicing, so
Your post is a little confusing - Please post more details whether it refers
to your customers or your suppliers.

Lyle,
The National Accounts feature is for customers, not vendors, but I see your
confusion.

HS

<someone@nowhere.zz> wrote in message
> Look at the process for National Accounts. Even though your scenario might
not
> fit the absolute definition, the process should work for you as it works
along
> the lines of a parent account with child accounts attached.
>
> Lyle
>
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:54:14 -0400, "Medardo Lacayo"
<medardo.lacayo@auxis.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Has anyone ever done a parent/child relationship for vendors in great
> >plains?  We have a structure that has multiple subcontractors working for
> >the same vendor and since the number of contractors per vendor is a one
> >one relationship, we were thinking of creating a parent vendor and have
the
> >vendors associated with the contractors be the children.  This way when
we
> >write up an invoice for the parent vendor, we can include all the child
> >vendors information as well.  I'm new to the world of Great Plains.  If
this
> >is an absurd question, please excuse...
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Med

0
HSalim (1270)

Vista Home Premium / Dell Vostro 200
I'm getting nowhere with this ! Have been Googling, and hunting around this PC looking for something that looks like it might be missing, or simply never included in the first place ! I was guessing that this PC came with a leaflet, and/or advice usually along the lines of, "The first thing you must do is create a 'Recovery Disc set,' " Well, I have scoured through, for ages, what's installed on this DELL PC and I'm darned if I can see it ! I wanted to make a "Recovery Disc Set" that could, if necessary, restore the Recovery Partition,...

create progressive graph for slide show
Hello, I am fairly good at the basic in excel but I can't work out a quick way of doing this: I have a large table of data about 50 by 8000 and am using it to plot graphs. The problem is I want to create a slideshow to show at a seminar which will start off using just the first row of data and then progressively add more rows and display each line graph one at a time. I can't see any simpler way of doing this except to copy and paste each graph into PowerPoint on a time which would take for ever! Ideally I would like the scale to update automatically but that�s not too important. ...

Can I Create a Dialog from an ActiveX?
Hello? Can I show a Dialog box from inside an ActiveX? I create a DLL containing a Dialog resource. When I use the DLL with an ordinary document-view MFC app, it has no problem in properly showing the dialog. And now I am trying to wrap the DLL with an ActiveX, then there seemed to be some problem when the dialog resource was being loaded. Can it even to be able to show a dialog from within an ActiveX? I mean showing a dialog box during invocation of an ActiveX method. Thanks in advance. Ting ...

how do i create 4 pie charts
Hi, Could I enquire if someone could show me the steps to create 4 pie charts in diagram (1 pie chart representing one calendar year)? How do I modify the different size of the pie chart? Thanks a lot. Hi, A chart can only contain a single Pie chart so you will need to create 4 charts. If you create chartobjects these can be embedded in a worksheet or a blank chart sheet. To adjust the size you can alter the plot area. You don't mention what you are using to determine the size of the pie but this page may be of use. http://www.andypope.info/charts/piesizer.htm Cheers Andy Mik...

Can't create the item
I use Outlook from MS Office 2003 Business Edition. Everything has worked fine until the past few days. Now, whenever I click on an E-mail address link inside a webpage, I get a message from Outlook that says "Can't create the item." One person on this group gave me the following advice: >Close Outlook, find and rename the frmscache.dat to .old I did searches on all my drives and the file named above was not found. More thoughts? are you using the advanced option to search all hidden files and folders? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outl...

Recipient Policy filtered by Child Domain:
We are in the process of deploying an Exchange system that will have multiple child domains in a single forest. Because some of these Child domaisn have a different internet domain name I'd like to be able to create a Recipient Policy that filters based on what child domain that person belongs to. While I've been able to create filters based on OU, etc... I've not seen anything allows me to filter for say Child1.Domain.Local vs Child2.Domain.local. Is this possible? Thanks. Michael Edward Kohlman "Michael Edward Kohlman" <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote: &g...

how do i create a custom calendar in excel?
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

Need Help to create Summary sheet.
Hello: I'm working on Excel2000. In one excel file i have one sheet "MasterData" as show below: ********************************** EMP_CD WORK_DT WORK_HRS ----------------------------------------------------- ASH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 IPH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 MAN 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 1 NKH 8/25/2004 0:00 2 RXK 8/25/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/25/2004 0:00 8 NSH 8/25/2004 0:00 8 ASH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 YPG 8/26/2004 0:00 8 IPH 8/26/2004 0:00 8 ********************************** Now, I need to create summary sheet (New Sheet) in same file , whic will show...

Can an archive folder be created w/unlimited storage in outlook?
This is for outlook 2000 e-mail on a business server Government servant wrote: > This is for outlook 2000 e-mail on a business server All .pst files (the old ANSI format used by OL2000) are limited in size to 2GB (1.87GiB) in size. "Business server" means absolutely nothing since it doesn't even specify WHAT server programs to which you might be referring. ...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

Need Help creating a formula****PLEASE
I am a manager in a big office where agents log into their phones to get calls. We keep track of how many minutes an agent is "logged off" of their phone system. I would like to be able to have a formula to use in Excel to speed up the calculations for this info. Here is what the info looks like that I am given and what I need to calculate: Sunday, December 03, 2006 Agent Login Time Logout Time # of minutes logged out Doe, Jane 6:58am 8:51am (need to find # minutes from 9:39am-8:51am) Doe, Jane 9:39am ...

Publisher 2003 always creates PNG graphics
Even though I do not check the box to allow use of PNG format, Publisher always uses it. How do I stop it? Please post only in the correct group, and then only once. Refer to your post in webdesign. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008E0558-CF3A-4961-AAD7-28A3DB7629CC@microsoft.com... > Even though I do not check the box to allow use of PNG format, Publisher > always uses it. How do I stop it? ...

Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable to create dest msg
I have a user receiving this error message. Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable=20 to create dest msg Outlook 2002. Theare are no rules configured.=20 Any Idea? tks, Alisson S. Ara=FAjo ...

Need help with creating rules for autoresponce
Hi, I been trying to learn how to make an automatic replies with outlook. I looked at some tutorials, but it seems that I'm missing some functions. I can't find the "replay with message" action, the closest thing it gives me is a "reply using a specific template". So I try to make a template, but I don't have the option to save as a .oft. I even tried changing the extention of my word file to .oft, but it just turns it into a blank e-mail. I am currently using office 2003 pro. Any help would me greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced there are steps h...

Create border and merge cell in Excel file
Dear all, I want to create border and merge cell in Excel file, how to write the code in Access ? Please complete my below code. Thanks. Dim objXL As Object Dim objActiveWkb As Object Set objXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") Set objActiveWkb = objXL.Application.activeworkbook With objActiveWkb .Worksheets(1).cells(1, 1) = "Hello World" 'want to make border in cell (1,1) 'want to merge cell from A1:F1 End With Set objActiveWkb = Nothing: Set objXL = Nothing Chlaris wrote: > Dear all, > > I want to...

Creating MDI MFC application using CFormView class.
When I create by AppWizard in Visual Studio .NET 2003 MFC application with CFormView view class, when I choose the option the document frame window to be in maximized state after the application is started, the form view doesn't cover all the space of document frame window, just that of the size of dialog-template resource defined for form view. When I minimalize the document frame window and then maximize it, the form view occupies the entire area of maximized document frame window. Why isn't it so after the form view is first shown? Thanks for advise, ... ...

Address relationship with custom entity
Hi We have created a custom entity and we would like to create a similar relationship that accounts have with addresses. We would basically want to enter multiple addresses for the custom entity. I have noticed that this not possible simply by creating a new relationship. You actually cannot create a new relationship with the address entity. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I guess we could create a new address entity which would enable us to enter multiple address for the custom entity. I would prefer not to do this though. Any suggestions? Thanks alot Mark ...

create a csv file type format for a centrally access address book
Hello, We have Outlook 2003 clients on a LAN with a Small Business Server 2003 Standard editon box. We require a single fax document sent to new or existing clients with using our shared fax service from the SBS. Is there a way to create a .CSV file type format in Microsoft Excel for our new client database and import this information into Exchange as a seperate address book for fax use? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Joe See my response to your post in the contacts newsgroup.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart...

Microsoft Pub 2002/creating electronic mechanicals,manual-can't f.
I need the work pages for this manual and I can not find the RF_Publisher file. What work pages for what manual? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A98F78-94D8-4F6F-91B2-0E0A19C4C14F@microsoft.com... >I need the work pages for this manual and I can not find the RF_Publisher >file. ...

excel
I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that contains text like a customer name. Record your macro to include the File > SaveAs, then edit that line of code. Instead of ... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY2006" ..., you might use .... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY" & range("B2").value ... "bossman tv" wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that > contains text like a customer name. ...

Accounts with multiple Relationship Types
Hi all! With some of our company' s Accounts we have multiple Relationship Types (eg. a Reseller can be a Customer too etc). How can we insert this information in Microsoft CRM 1.2? Is it necessary to create custom fields in the Account Form? Thanks a lot! Elena Galiatsou Athens, Greece You could choose a "primary" relationship type from the combo box, and then add a memo field to track additional relationship types. Not elegant, but I think it's the best you can do with version 1.0/1.2. Mike "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote i...

Unapply Payment to Vendor
We received an invoice from a vendor they believed was overdue & entered in the Payables Transaction Entry. We cut a check out of this screen as well for the invoice. Turns out this was a duplicate that we never should have paid. I want to void this invoice & apply the payment to another invoice. I can't seem to find the invoice or payment under Void Historical / Open Transactions. Should it be under one of these. We typically do not enter invoices & cut cheque all at the same time, so I am wondering if that is part of the issue. Thanks There is no way to unapply a...

URGENT: Creating a chart (Getting the correct input and output) unable to figure out
Hi, I have been trying to create this chart since a long time now and go no clue what am donig wrong. I have some machines in my company and all of them have a end of life for example: Machine 1, at location A with End of Life in 2004 Machine 2, at location B with End of Life in 2008 I want the years on x-axis and the machine locations on y-axis. Afte that I want horizantal lines representing machines which also show th end of life. For a better understanding, see the attached excel file. I have als created an image of the chart I'm looking to draw. Please advise. Thanks. Ker ...

Help to create a formulae
I have 5 sheets, Heath, Gary, John and Fred. They go to their sheet Heading: Date Question1 Question2 Question3 They ent 3/3 5 6 1 They enter a date for each monday its filled out. then enter a number between 0 and 10. I have a mastersheet. It has the same heading as above but with the sheet name in column b What i would like is in the master sheet is if in column4 row1 cell a date. How can i change the date in col 4 row 1 that when it looks at the other sheets it will display only the figures for that date? Hope you understan...

How to create a graph for a given regression equation?
I have a regression equation generated in Minitab. I need to chart that equation for different sets of data so I can predict behavior. How can I create a graph for the equation in Excel 2007? My equation of the form y = m1x1 + m2x2 + m3x3 + c "JJaya" wrote: I have a regression equation generated in Minitab. I need to chart that equation for different sets of data so I can predict behavior. How can I create a graph for the equation in Excel 2007? On Fri, 29 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JJaya <JJaya@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a regression...