Create Stored Procedure from Passthrough-SQL

I have a Passthrough-SQL routine that reads a text file (one CREATE statement
for Stored Procedure).The routine work for one Stored Procedure. The routine
dont work if the text file has 2 o more Create Statement.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Cesar
0
Cesar (59)

Cesar,

You could have been a bit more detailed beyond "don't work" in your
description.

So without any further details, my guess is "make sure your create procedure
statements are not separated by the "GO" statement".

patrick
developer support

"Cesar" <Cesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Passthrough-SQL routine that reads a text file (one CREATE
>statement
> for Stored Procedure).The routine work for one Stored Procedure. The
> routine
> dont work if the text file has 2 o more Create Statement.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Cesar

0
prot1 (1345)
2/16/2008 5:13:39 AM
Ah.  I found your 2/12 post on the same subject.  You didn't say what the
error was you were getting but you did give a bit more detail.  Including
the "GO" statement - so I did guess correctly on this one.

patrick
developer support

"Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> Cesar,
>
> You could have been a bit more detailed beyond "don't work" in your
> description.
>
> So without any further details, my guess is "make sure your create
> procedure statements are not separated by the "GO" statement".
>
> patrick
> developer support

> rights.
>

> "Cesar" <Cesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Passthrough-SQL routine that reads a text file (one CREATE
>>statement
>> for Stored Procedure).The routine work for one Stored Procedure. The
>> routine
>> dont work if the text file has 2 o more Create Statement.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cesar

0
prot1 (1345)

How to flush the output in a T-SQL script
Very often I need to do the following: declare @YR int set @YR = 1993 while (@YR < 2010) begin print getdate() ... set @YR = @YR + 1 end This helps me keep track of where the script is. The problem is, nothing prints out until the end, when I get all the printings at one time, which of course does not help much. So I insert a go statement. But then I lose the settings on my variables, such as @YR. Is there something like "FLUSH" command? Dom wrote: > Very often I need to do the following: > > declare @YR int > set @YR = 1993 &g...

How to create an entity like Marketing List?
I wanna create an entity like Marketing List called Product List. It's a list of products. How can I do this, anyone can help? First: Why don´t you use the product catalog in CRM? Don´t you like it? Second: Are you firm in editing XML Files? If not it´s a hard way to customize an entity like marketinglist "dorekofu" wrote: > I wanna create an entity like Marketing List called Product List. It's a list > of products. > > How can I do this, anyone can help? I need a new entity, not product catalogue. I think I'll find how to edit the XML ...

How do I create a spread sheet w/a numerator/denomenator?
I am creating a spread sheet that has different numerators and denomenators for each data point. I was going to use "fractions" (i.e. 2/3 = 2 out of 3 is positive) however it is then converted into simpler terms loosing the denomenator feature. Such as 2/4 is then changed to 1/2 so I lose the accuracy of the denomenator. Any ideas of how I can keep the integrity of both the numerator totals and the denomenator totals? Hi! Why not just enter them as text? '2/3 '2/4 Biff "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16B4F0D1-0A5A-...

Internet Order variables in exchange table through the Yahoo stores module
Hi everyone, I have a custom built shopping cart based on the yahoo stores module and I use the exchange table to import the web orders. The only documentation I have is the example provided in the Knowledge base. In the example, there is no tag for discount, how can i specift a discount the the transaction? Also, the currency is denoted by: <Order currency="USD" id="smspos-588"> Some orders are in canadian, what should I write in this case? Thank you very much Rami I would imagine the Canadian currency is just set to CND and the smspos-588 stays the same. T...

Screen print list of all files stored and not each individual file
Excel 2003 - After I select file, open, look-in, how do I print only the list of all files stored without actually printing each individual file? I tried highlighting all files stored, right click print and nothing happened! ...

Can't create Item #2
I am using Outlook 2000 and when I select an email address, say in a word document instead of opening up a new mail message I get a "Can't create Item" message in Outlook. I have uninstalled Office and reinstalled but this doesn't seem to have cured the the probelm. Any help would be gratefully received. Steve ...

Can I create an Inventory Transfer Transaction for a kit.
We have a kit set up for a combination of 5 items. We would like to assemble these kits at one location and then transfer the completed kit to other sites. When I try to create a transfer, I get an "Account does not exist" error. Another message states that adjustments are not allowed for kits. No, You cannot use the Inventory Transfer Entry screen to transfer kits. However, if you are using a BOM assembly, you can transfer the finish good between warehouses. Once the products are assembled in one warehouse, they become finished good for the other warehouse. Best regard...

creating a mail merge with dates
hi using excel version 98 (stop laughing) I have a field with dates. When I go to do a mail merge into a word document those dates are getting converted or inverted. 5/1 become 1/5. It is inconsistent but seems to happen in April and May. When I turn the column into a text field, the dates become numbers and so I lose my data. Is there a way to paste the values of the fields into a text column so that the true date will work with the merge? hope this makes sense. Thank You. Dates in column B insert a help column and use this formula =TEXT(B2,"mm/dd/yy") change t...

Zooming and scrolling an image created in memory
Anyone pls. help me !!!! I have displayed a bitmap on a dialog box which was created in memory. I used stretchblt to display the image which is raw data available in memory. I want to zoom that image on dialog box with scrolling. Is it possible ? Pls. advice me. Thanking you in anticipation. Surya, Well, you strechblit t again, a smaller part of the bitmap to the same part of the screen, with a different starting X and Y. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Surya" <Surya@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:9B53467D-7496-489C-B580-3B2A303F86FA@microsoft...

Why it fails when running from SQL Server Agent ?
I'm new in Powershell. Recently I installed Powershell 2.0. Everything works fine when I ran interactively. But when I schedule a DTS as SQL Sever job it fails with the following error: Executed as user: MHPNT\mhpsqlservice. File J:\eventviewer\GetSystemLog.ps1 cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system. Please see "get-help about_signing" for mor e details. At line:1 char:2 + & <<<< 'j:\eventviewer\GetSystemLog.ps1' + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], PSSecurityException + FullyQ...

Upgrade to 3.0 with named instance in SQL
So, I've read SQL instances are not supported for 3.0.... Now I am faced with the challenge of moving my SQL databases to another SQL server using the default server and then moving them back after reinstalling SQL? Here is my setup: CRM Server has CRM 1.2 installed along with SQL DC is seperate from CRM server Does anyone know of any instructions on doing this? I've looked at the redeployment tools, but believe they are directing me to start with a seperate OU in AD?.? Thanks for the help. I would have thought the gurus at MS would have thought of this..... Thanks, James ...

How to create a puzzle using a picture in Publisher?
For the first time my Son's school had decided to make a yearbook in color, and they asked me to do it. I'm using as a theme for the yearbook PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER (talking about spirit, mind and body, comparing education to a puzzle), anyway, my question: I will like to convert a picture in a puzzle using Publisher. If it is not posible to do it in publisher is there any other program that I can use? Help!! PuzzleMom =) omayraortiz@hotmail.com Not in Publisher. I would suggest Googling to see if you can find something online. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Pub...

Analysis Cubes for SQL 2005
Hi all I downloaded the Analysis Cubes for SQL Server 2005, and installed the application. During configuration, when I select the Server Name where GP is installed, it displays the companies that have been created on that server. When I select the company and click "Next", I am getting a message saying "Unable to access the registration information of Dynamics GP. Kindly check the registration settings of Dynamics GP.". I have installed GP with our partner registration keys. I even generated a new key with all modules and applied that key, but still the same message come...

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

SDI: Failed to create empty document
Hello: I have SDI appl where CView has CFormView as base class. I didn't add even single line of code. But after I deleted all menus I have message "Failed to create empty document" . thank you, dave If you are just getting started you may want to make it a dialog app instead if you don't want any menus or doc/view mode (I.E., only one FormView). Otherwise, make sure you didn't delete the handlers for messages that do the file new stuff. Tom "dave" <dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF30668D-0BCE-458E-9970-050BD103C...

Syntax error when running SQL Insert query
Hi, When I run the code below I receive an error message of Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'primary' after executenonquery is run. Primary being my table name for my database. I've tried to simplify this code down as much as I can, but I can't seem to fix the syntax issue. If you see what I did wrong please let me know, I'm at whits end. As for my DB table, all I have is one field which is set to text, so the data being inserted should work fine. This isn't being rejected by the SQL server itself since nothing shows in the logs. Database connection is func...

Data Validation: How to create a dynamic range in column A and use it for a drop-down list
I am trying to define a dynamic range on sheet 3, which I want to be able to use as a dropdown list as a part of the data validation "list" option. But whenever I select the drop down list after creating the validation rule (via data > validation), I cannot see my list. Perhaps I am using the wrong formula for the dynamic range? Here is what I am doing. List is in Sheet 3, rows 1-10 (and growing). Defined name is: =OFFSET('Sheet3!A1,0,0,COUNTA('Sheet3!!$A:$A)) In sheet 1, column C, I am selecting the column, then selecting data, validation, list (and placing "=n...

Call stored procedure in mfc
Hi guys, does anyone know how to call stored procedure in MFC using ODBC connection? Please help me step by step, because i am kind of new to this. Thanks for your help. Krish Executing Stroed Procedure is no different than executing any SQL statement. Some ODBC drivers like to have SP parameters passed in a certain way. Look at Codeguru/Codeproject for samples for MFC/ODBC. MSDN also has samples of MFC database classes. Following is the link to database section of Codeguru: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/data/mfc_database/ ------------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com krish_jasmi...

Money Split Transaction Procedure
When entering a check and splitting the expense to several categories, including "Cash Withdrawn", I normally reassign that portion as expenses are incurred. I merely update the existing transaction formerly assigned to Cash Withdrawn by reassigning it to other expense categories where the cash was spent. The only problem with this procedure is that Money does not re-display a "Remaining Total" as split category reassignments are entered. This is not a problem in Quicken. It is not logical that "Cash Withdrawn" is not reassigned to other final expense categori...

If not saved, do not create new record?
I have a cmd button that opens an invoice form in add mode, and allocates an invoice number via autonumbering. If the invoice creation is aborted for some reason (i.e. if the form is closed without the Save button having been clicked) the skeleton of the invoice is still added and the number is used and I have a meaningless record in tblInvoices. Is there some way I can prevent this? If it means that I have to add another cmd button "Cancel" that undoes things, rather than users just hitting the close button, that's fine... Many thanks CW On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 08:31:02 -0800, ...

Create personal folder in Outlook 2007
I am unable to create a new personal folder (.pst) in Outlook 2007. I do not have the option Personal Folders File (.pst) in File > New. Help please! File-> New-> Outlook Data File... is all the way at the bottom of the list. If you are in a corporate environment, it could be that your administrators have disabled this as a company policy. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers --...

Created NEW passport, STILL will not verify sign-in
I created a brand new passport with a different email address and password. I tried to create a new money file (2005) just to see if it would work. When I entered the new passport information, I immediately received the message "sign-in could not be verified..." I was online the whole time. Help! In microsoft.public.money, bbarkman wrote: >I created a brand new passport with a different email address and password. >I tried to create a new money file (2005) just to see if it would work. When >I entered the new passport information, I immediately received the mess...

Create shape, name shape, add text to shape
Hi, I decided to burst as many brain cells as I can working with shapes. Its working. ;) I am trying to add "Oval" shapes (msoShapeOval) tn image on a worksheet, the problem I am having difficulties with is naming the shape or renaming the shape as it is created. I want to start with "Oval 1" for the First shape and continu counting, Oval 2, Oval 3, etc. What I get is what seems to be a random starting shape name such as "Oval 6" when there are no shapes other than a picture shape on the sheet or in the entire workbook. Lets say It started with &qu...

Web Services Create Sales Order
Whenever I use the GP Web Services to attempt to enter a sales order for a customer that has a credit limit set (i.e. - credit limit = $0), I get the exception "Customer credit limit exceeded". The request message that I send to the CreateSalesOrder() method contains both line items and payments, but it seems that GP ignores the payments while it's posting the line items. When I set the customer's credit limit to "Unlimited" the order goes through just fine... Two questions: 1) What are the "pre-requisites" that consitute a "payment" tha...

item created date for copied items
We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items. To make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function. Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the copied item's created date). Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity Tracking. It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the NEW item was copied off an old item. It is important for us to run reports off Created Date. It is also important for us to see who created the NEW item in case there are data entry errors. Thank you. -----...