Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0

My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0.  When they do a PO shipment receipt
for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and
posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed
on the journal but had to be made manually in GL.

Is this new functionalty in 9.0?  Is there a way to turn off posting to GL
just for cost variances?  Thanks!
0
MES (112)

This is a new feature in version 9.0.

One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average
costs in inventory.

As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is
received at a new cost.  If the inventory is received at the same cost, the
average cost does not change.

In the earlier versions, a new average cost would be generated in the
inventory module but no adjustment would be made in the G/L.  In other
words, the inventory module would revalue the inventory at the new average
cost, but the G/L would value it at historical cost.

The change in the valuation would result in a difference between the value
in the inventory module and the value in G/L inventory account.  It was
therefore impossible to reconcile the inventory valuation to the G/L
valuation.  This was a nightmare for customers using average cost as the
inventory valuation method.

Now, adjustments made in the inventory module are booked to the G/L.  It is
now possible to reconcile the inventory ledger to the G/L when using average
costs.

I don't know of a way to turn this off.    Actually, it makes my life a lot
easier.

"MES" <MES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0.  When they do a PO shipment
receipt
> for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and
> posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments
printed
> on the journal but had to be made manually in GL.
>
> Is this new functionalty in 9.0?  Is there a way to turn off posting to GL
> just for cost variances?  Thanks!

0
news_jamrock (304)

Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration
Is it possible to migrate an existing 5.5 to 2000 using the same computer name? If you mean separate servers with the same name? No. However, if you setup an E2K server in your Ex5.5 org and move the mailboxes over to the new server name, the Outlook profiles will automatically update (if that is your concern). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Concrete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b7c01c401...

Altsoft Xml2PDF 3.0 Released
Altsoft is proud to announce the immediate availability of the new version 3.0 of its .NET based Xml2PDF formatting engine. The major new features of the new version include: All formats: - Significant refactoring and optimization that makes the new version about 3-4 times faster and 2-3 times less memory consuming than the current commercial 2.x release; - New output formats: SVG Basic, raster images and GDI output; - The possibility to embed any supported format into any other; for example, SVG files can embed now XSL-FO pages; - Improved typography including the support of OpenType fonts...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Custom formatting #7
How can I do the following custom formatting – I need trailing dots before the number ……..1,234.00 Thanks for any help Right Click > Format Cells > Select Custom Enter "........ "0.00 "John Knoke" <JohnKnoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:586761E6-32A9-4911-BF50-3790614145B2@microsoft.com... > > How can I do the following custom formatting - > I need trailing dots before the number > ....1,234.00 > > Thanks for any help > > John, Use a custom number format of *.#,###.00 Note the period between the * and the f...

Duplicate email #5
I have several users who on occasion receive duplicate emails. Some as many as four duplicates. I have checked all settings and they seem to be correct. My email provider doesn't seem to have an answer either. If you are using POP3 accounts, then it is on the providers side, unless a person in the mailing group has a setting to auto frward to that person. I had that happen a few times for people who were on the main mailing list and their supervisor also was forwarding them the email. Email providers NEVER claim it is on their end I have found. "Aaron" <anonymous@discu...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

Adding to existing code (Clarification of earlier post)
After rereading my earlier post, I find that I wasn't very clear. I'll try again. My existing code works to give me the sum of all Weeks Service where the Department Name is equal to the Current Department Name and I do want to keep that code. In addition to that code though, I need to add, I'm guessing, an "IF Statement" that will provide me with the sum of ALL Weeks Service of ALL Department Name IF the Current Department Name is equal to "Reserves". Example: Department Name Weeks Service Millwright ...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

Converting from VS 2003 to VS 2005
I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS 2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are working. Does anyone have any ideas? Chris "Chris Day" ha scritto nel messaggio news:20089248422chris.day@onwight.net... >I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS >2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are >working. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi Chris, do you compile in Unicode mode in VC++ 2005? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that VC++2005 removes new XP ...

550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias
I have a user trying to send to another user through Outlook 2003. When she sends email to the user, the following error message is returned- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com Zaira Lara on 4/12/2006 2:11 PM 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal alias: zlara@vitracoatamerica.com I've seen this error message posted elsewhere, but the posts were for people receiving this message from an external source for mail they did not send. Anybody have any ideas? ...

Unable to delete public folder in Exch 5.5
I have 2 exch server 5.5 sp3 under same Org and Site container. 1 of the public folder was created in server b. But server b crashed and left is server a. Even though in the Outlook we can still see the public folder, but in the server a, the public folder does not exist coz it was hosted in server b. I could not delete it and the message says - 'Unable to display the folders.The contents of this public folder is currently unavailable. Either the Microsoft Exch Server computer servicing this public folder is down or the public folder has not been replicated to this site' Anyone ...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

Archive #5
Hy, I tring to archive some e-mails from my mailbox into a pst file that i created to use as an archive, after i've insert it into outlook ("all mail folders" - the column on the left) i try to archive some e-mails from menu File --> Archive, i select the "start" date and the pst file that i've created, but no e-mails are been archived even if on the status bar i can see "Archiving..." What i've to do to archive my e-mails? Thanks Kentucky ...

can I make cell "yes" equal 1, "no" equal 0
in another cell? =IF(AND(A1<>"yes",A1<>"no"),"",(A1="yes")*1+(A1="no")*0) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "can I make cell yes equal 1, no equa" <can I make cell "yes" equal 1, "no" equa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E222344-E390-4D39-B82D-39586CC55A64@microsoft.com... > Picky but I don't think that you need the " +(A1="no")*0 " Just =IF(AND(A1<>"yes",A1<>"no"),"&quo...

Changing Exch5.5 GAL columns in Outlook client view
Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, in the Outlook client, if you display the 'Address Book' you get the following columns - name, business phone, office, title, company, alias, e-mail type, & e-mail address. How do you change it so you show the display name, business, extension, cell phone, & internet email address? Basically, how/where do you change the columnar data the client sees? Thanks, Mike Lawson Mike Goto View | Columns and there u can manage views... KJ "Mike Lawson" wrote: > Sorry if the subject line is a bit cryptic; anyway, i...

Tab Control #7
Hi, I'm using a basic tab control, how to place a bitmap image onto it ? Can a bitmap image be inserted only on the tab strips. (what i mean by tab strips is the part of tab, which holds name for that tab). Also, how to get the 3D effect for the tab ? (Like XP tabs) Hi You can bitblt for each tab clicks. I mean when you change the tab just repaint the dialog with new bitmap. Best regards, Amal Quote raj: Can a bitmap image be inserted only on the tab strips. (what i mean by tab strips is the part of tab, which holds name for that tab). ------------------------------------- Y...

[ANN] Altsoft releases Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta
Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta September 15, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. announces the beta release of the new version 2.0 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The main new features of Xml2PDF engine are: improved XSL-FO 1.0 recommendation and 1.1 draft support; complete SVG support; support for XHTML as an input format; complete CSS support in SVG and XHTML; improved client UI; Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting various XML-based formats to PDF. It supports XSL-FO, SVG, XHTML, XML+XSLT as an input and generates PDF as an output. Free evaluation...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...

Payroll GP 10.0

Struggle in USB Rndis Bootloader wince 5.0.
Hi This is the continuation of the below link : http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder/browse_thread/thread/9a3d0f92deff702a The below code snippet is taken from rndis.c file in RNE_MDD folder. Actually, I got the print statement upto: "***Rndis:: Get MAC address blah,blah,blah". the next print statement is not printed (RNDIS_INITIALIZED SUCCESSFULLY ...). But the RndisMdd.dwDeviceState flag is set to RNDIS_INITIALIZED when i get rndis initialize request. But why this print is not displayed and the below code is also not executed. So,...

Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set
Price:$5.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0006UOV8G Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0006UOV8G Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set Zinc plated steel body construction. 3 ½ Lacquered hardwood handle is small enough not to get in the way yet large enough to get a good grip. Very thin and compact design makes it easy to get into tight areas. 5 tempered blades: 1- medium for cutting woods, 1-fine for thick metal or hardwood, 1- extra fine for thin metal or thin woods, 2- hacksaw blades for all metals. Blades are easy to replace, just unscrew the ha...

Adobe Flash Player and 64 bit Windows 7
I am trying to view the Lulu demonstration but cannot. I am using Windows 7 and IE 64 bit and apparently I need to run the 32 bit to see the demo. I don't know how to. Any help would be appreciated. John, For the time being there is no 64-bit flash player for IE 64-bit. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html You need to install the 32-bit flash plug-in and active-x from here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html After that you should be able to see your demonstration using IE 32-bit in Windows 7 64-bit. Carlos "John Melchitt" wrote: > ...