Copying check templates across companies

Can anyone tell me how I copy a check template from an existing company to a
new company?  Is it easier to do it that way or create a brand new template?

Thanks!

Are you talking a customized GP check or a 3rd party check like
Mekorma?  If a GP check, you can use Customization Maintenance (MS
Dynamics GP>Tools>Customization>Customization Maintenance) to export
the check form from the old company and import it into the new
company.  You're talking about a whole separate instance of GP right?
If it's just a new database in the same instance, you should have
access to the check 'template' in all the databases.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank

Share data across web applications?
I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0). Jason Barnett wrote: > I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this > possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? > > I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one...

publisher templates #3
I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat half fold cards in Publisher. After reading the suggestions via further postings, I wish Microsoft would explain why they chose to remove the 3rd option for a half fold card from its' more recent edition. It was SO much easier and handier to click the 3rd option of page setup to create a half fold card. I have the Avery textured half-fold cards and I used them with the earlier verson of Publisher. When it ain't broke; don't fix it! Sonya645 wrote: >I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat &...

Excel formula copied down
Is there a way to copy down a column this formula =F3*A2 and have the A2 stay the same all the way down? The F3 would change on each row, F4, F5 etc. but the A2 would stay 'constant'. Thanks in advance for any help! =F3*A$2 -- Ian -- "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73505B29-538A-48C7-8F2F-F6126EF2126B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to copy down a column this formula =F3*A2 and have the A2 > stay > the same all the way down? The F3 would change on each row, F4, F5 etc. > but > the A2 would stay 'constant'...

I can copy but won't paste
I was able to copy and paste then not sure why but it would only paste the same txt over and over, not allowing new txt copied to be paste. Now I cant paste at all. It will copy but when I click paste it does nothing, help! This could be a poorly designed add-in interfering with copy and paste operations. Did you install something recently? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Sarlou" <Sarlou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E5E33F7-2387-4DBC-809E-AA97F930CEF5@microsoft.com... >I was able to copy and paste then not sure why but it would o...

Copying values from place to place
Hello community: Is it possible say, to type a value in a textbox in one form (Form A), automatically copy that value, then open another form( Form B) and automatically paste that value into another textbox in Form B? Is this possible? Thank you for your help. -Gabriel M. If you open Form B from Form A you can use the OpenArgs of the OpenForm command line to pass a value to Form B. docmd.OpenForm "FormName",,,,,,Me.TextBoxName On the OnLoad event of the Form B you can use set the value in the text box If not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then Me.TextBox = Me.OpenArgs End If -- ...

simple? pasting simple formula, error on copy
I have some store buying spreadsheets I made up. Very very basic, one of the columns has a total at the bottom or end as you may call it for total $ amount bought. that final number is in c33. c1, c2, c3 etc is a amount from each vendor. I want to have a column telling me the percentage being spent on each, simple enough so I make a column with the following formula =c33/c5. I get a number, change it to percentage and BAM I have exactly what I want. I pasted that formula and pasted it into all the other rows of that certain column, but I keep getting the #div/0 error, cause the new formulas...

id like to know where i can find a template for repay of a loan

Run two copies of Outlook with different profiles
Hello! I'm trying to run two copies of Outlook with different (outlook)profiles at the same time. Normally i can choose the profile with the /profile switch, but if there is already a copy of outlook running, this switch seems to be ignored. Any ideas how to handle this are welcome. Regards, Reinhard "Reinhard" <reinhard.spieker@bkvibro.de> wrote in message news:60a7e218.0311190408.6523100b@posting.google.com... > Hello! > > I'm trying to run two copies of Outlook with different > (outlook)profiles at the same time. > > Normally i can choose the p...

blank postcard template 4 x 6
Hi, I have a postcard that I made in MS Publisher that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in size. Obviously I can't use a .23 cent stamp on this item. I was interested in modifying my larger postercard and reducing it to a 4 x 6 template size so I can save on postal expenses. I couldn't find a blank template! I've purchased card stock and am ready to figure out a way to convert the larger size to (4) 4x6 smaller postcards printed on a full sheet 8 1/2 x 11. I'll then have them cut to size. So.. is there a easy to use template out there and how do I convert (shrink) my current postc...

Placeholders in Templates
How does one create the placeholders that appear in templates [Type-Address-Hear] that add the little tab when you click on them? See the article "Using MacroButton fields" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/UsingMacroButton.htm Or better See the article "How to create a Userform" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm and the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website : http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to a...

Print multiple copies per sheet
I have a pubisher file that is a card with a size of 5 x 6 and is 2 pages. Is it possible to print 2 copies of this file on a letter size page so that there will be 2 double sided copies on the letter size page. I need to laminate these cards so if I could get 2 per page I would just need to cut the page in half. I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, Dee Page setup, Business card, change copies per sheet, Side margin 1.25, top margin ..5, zero gaps, okay out, in the next screen change the measurements to width 6" height 5". The above will...

how do I find a list of databases with correpsponding company name
Hello, I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and remember it being easy but cannot remember where to do this. SELECT INTERID, CMPNYNAM FROM DYNAMICS..SY01500 "Tim Quiggle" <Tim Quiggle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0ECF5C5-74F9-494E-8C2E-B37EE12C8D0C@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to know how in GP to pull up a list of our companies with their > corresponding SQL database names. I've done this a long time ago and > rem...

Copying specific data from Word to Excel
What I need to do is 1) Extract the monetary amount (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters BPR. 2) Extract the number (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters TRN. 3) Place the numbers in the same row on an Excel spreadsheet. 4) Repeat to the end of the document. Sample data BPR*I*925.79*C*ACH*CCP*01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx**01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*20091126~TRN*1*999999999*xxxxxxxxxxxx The file I need to extract from is always text. Is this better done from a Word macro or an Excel macro. Or can it be done at al...

Is there templates for refunds/credits?
I have several vendors that at one point or another need to send back credits or ask for refunds. I would like to see something already in use for this procedure. Is there anything out there? Thanks. ...

Entering a company name on the tab
Hi I am trying to create a tab that when I open Excel and click File New I will be able to see / General / Spreadsheet Solutions / Ashfield / I am using Excel 2000 - I know I did this before on 97 but can't remember how. I find it useful for customers who would like to store their own templates in their own area. Thanks a million for any help in advance Ann Ann What do you consider to be the "Tab"? A worksheet Tab name or the Caption you see in the Title Bar? For the former, just create a workbook with that sheet name and save as a Template. For the latter, you...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

Copy cell to a new cell
Hi I have a cell value in the format 90TN82C128004K00. I would like to copy the first two digits to another cell i.e. 90 and follow it up with a dummy code 00CPSS00 which will be standard for all values. the new cell should have the following value 9000CPSS00. Is there an automated function that can do this for me. Hi, If you data is in A1 enter in B1: =LEFT(A1,2)&"00CPSS00" Regards, -- AP "mohd21uk" <u20517@uwe> a �crit dans le message de news:5e5292da6a2d1@uwe... > Hi > > I have a cell value in the format 90TN82C128004K00. I would like to copy the ...

copy data to differences places based on selection
I have a master list of entities name in master name sheets. Let say entity 1 to entitiy 100. If I select Entity 1 to Entity 10, these 1 to 10 entities insert below group1, group2, group 3 in sheet1. It also insert below group4, group5 in sheet2. I don't have preference about how to select the names in master list. Anything like check, or yes is fine to me. I am open to any idea or method. thank you in advance. ...

Email Templates and Attachments 04-27-06
Hello. When creating email templates in CRM v.3.0 is there anyway to associate an attachment with it?? Thanks, No, and i would suggest not putting attachments on templates (people are likely to use them for bulk mailing and the like which puts a huge load on things. Better option is to upload the file to a website somewhere and provide a link. File attachments can also be seen as annoying by customers given they have to wait for it to download even if they don't want to. (consider dialup) Thanks for the info. Derek. "DerekH" wrote: > No, and i would suggest not puttin...

Trouble with copy and past of formulas in Excel
I got a sheet from one of my collegaes that was causing problems, it sometimes looses formulas (It looks like a problem with connections through our network) and you get true untrue name errors, after refreshing the cell the problem is gone. Now I'm having trouble with copying formulas, after trying some copy and paste it crashes with dr. Watson. It seems that there is some timeout problem. More people have trouble with this with the somewhat larger sheets. ...

Two companies on SBS
Is it possible to implement CRM for two different companies on a Small Business Server? "sort of". Some things to consider: 1. Are both companies sharing the same Active Directory? Natively, not just using things like email - are their computers authenticating to the domain? 2. You could use the SAME instance of CRM, and create Business Units. If they want drastically different views, however, that could be difficult to set up for them. 3. If you want two separate instances of CRM - then you need an additional web/app server for the 2nd company. I belive that second...

Boot. What does it copy?
If I were to make boot dvd, esata or usb: Would it save everything or just the core windows stuff? Some people told me that windows is saved only and just what the barebones of it installed was (without updates). Other people told me that some programs can be saved, but certain things are not at all. Thank you. "Brian V" <BrianV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AA66CE7-86D0-431A-97EB-533E027D81E2@microsoft.com... > If I were to make boot dvd, esata or usb: Would it save everything or just > the core windows stuff? > > Some pe...

Copying Conditional Format
Is it possible to copy conditional formatting that is already applied to a given cell to another cell? I know that the format is held and continuous formatting is possible, Thanks, Robin Chapple Hi Robin you can copy and paste formatting (including conditional formatting) using either the format painter (big yellow paintbrush toolbar icon) - click on the cell with the formatting, click on format painter, click on the cell where you want the formatting "painted" (double clicking on the format painter turns it on until you turn it off) or by using copy and then edit / paste specia...

copy value of LPCTSTR to string or CString
Hello- I can't figure out for the life of me how to copy the value of a LPCTSTR to a string or CString. I am trying to get the text from a TV_ITEM and put in a a constant. I am getting the value and doing a SetDlgItemText() with it successfully, but I need to be able to manipulate the string first. Thanks! I'm using VS.NET 2003 on XP. "99miles" <pub@magusdesigns.com> wrote in message news:f951419a.0311141518.24acaf5c@posting.google.com... > Hello- > I can't figure out for the life of me how to copy the value of a > LPCTSTR to a string or CString. CStr...

More template on same server
Hi All, currently we've a demo installation on a single server, so Sql Server and Ms Crm Server both on the same server. However, This installation is customized, so new fields and personalized forms. Is it possibile, somehow, to install a new database and a new Ms Crm Server on the same Server PC ? Or, if not, to get a flag in the ms crm wich allows to choose to which Db connect to ? The bottom line is that we've the need to get more Ms Crm templates concentred on the same server, both as DB and as Application server (Ms Crm), without Server (Hw and Sw) prolifereting. Than...