Convert Quickbooks data to Great Plains

My client has recently implemented Great Plains.  They would like to convert
all Quickbooks data (history, chart of accounts, gl information) into Great
Plains.  Any recommendations on tools to use?

Thanks.

Stapp (1)

Integration Manager works but depending on what data they had in QB you most
likely will have to modify some of the data and maybe export it to excel and
add a couple more columns so that it will integrate sucessfully.

I've done a few QB to GP conversions that way.

"Clay Stapp" <Clay Stapp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My client has recently implemented Great Plains.  They would like to
> convert
> all Quickbooks data (history, chart of accounts, gl information) into
> Great
> Plains.  Any recommendations on tools to use?
>
> Thanks.

We recently completed a conversion of 70,000 GL QB trx to Great Plains,
dumping all data through Excel.  I had also attempted an ODBC link to QB, but
was amazed to find an overly complex set of transaction files that only a QB
developer would understand.  Ultimately the "gotcha's" were that the QB dump
of data to Excel files sets up an unreliable formatting of fields.  When
Integration Manager is reading a string, if that string format methodology
changes in Excel, Integration manager stops reading data.

We had account numbers that were
"301"   " 301"   "301 "   "301."  "301. "   "301.0"   "301.00" -- note the
misplaced spaces and zeros.  Somehow QB pulled these altogether into 1 or 2
accounts, but Excel and Integration Manager read them literally.  So with
only 1700 GL accounts, we ran into the Integration manager standard
limitation in the translation table of a little over 2000 translation lines.

So my suggestions are to break down the import if necessary using a clearing
account so that you can setup adequate translation tables.  Verify your
import source and end results on a daily basis because that's how GP and Int
Mgr will create the journal entries most easily.  We had days drop out of the
integration without error simply because the format of the date field changed
in Excel  (something like 3/2/05 versus 03/02/2005 randomly). Int Mgr just
wouldn't read the data so it also didn't report that it had a problem with
the data.

I spent 20 hours that should have taken 2 hours.  Maybe your client is a
little more disciplined creating their account numbers in QB.  Good luck.
gloria@computeration.net

"Clay Stapp" wrote:

> My client has recently implemented Great Plains.  They would like to convert
> all Quickbooks data (history, chart of accounts, gl information) into Great
> Plains.  Any recommendations on tools to use?
>
> Thanks.

GloriaB (3)
4/12/2005 7:27:30 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_16DC519B

Hi Clay,

Microsoft Business Solutions does provide a servicel that will migrate
Quickbooks to Great Plains.
For information on the service please email mbsprosv@microsoft.com

Dawn
Microsoft Online Support Engineer - MBS Developer Support

from your issue.
------=_NextPart_0001_16DC519B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Clay,
\par
\par Microsoft Business Solutions does provide a servicel that will migrate Quickbooks to Great Plains.
\par For information on the service please email mbsprosv@microsoft.com
\par
\par Dawn
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer - MBS Developer Support
\par
\par
\par =============================================
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par =============================================
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_16DC519B--

0
dlanglie (10)

SQL in Excel data
Hi all, Is there a possibility/way to run an SQL query in an excel data sheet? I have quite some data like the sample below, now i would like to have the sum of spending for each person. Like it is possible in Access. A1 B1 Field1 Field2 Chuck 12,89 Mike 23,09 Jean 9,34 Chuck 30,00 Mike 3,80 Chuck 22,00 Mike 7,23 Jean 10,55 Jean 10,75 Jean 31,45 Chuck 19,99 Result Field1 SumOfField2 Chuck 84,88 Jean 62,09 Mike 34,12 Advice would be appriciated. Cheers, Ludovic Hi You could use a formula like this ...

DPM forces a Consistency Check on data
Hi all, I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server in one office ? and are trying to backup data in another office, connected by T1 (1.54Mbps) link. It works, but every time there is an issue ? DPM forces a Consistency Check on XGB( >100) of data, which takes 5-7 days to complete. can any tell abt this. thanks in advance gopal Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Useful ASP.NET Exception Engine http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/52012346-36db-4a47-ac61-8b9c9b4ce9a0/useful-aspnet-exception.aspx Hi Gopal, Can you please eloborate on "Ev...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

Insert blank rows repeatedly between every data row in Excel
Could you guide me please.... I need to insert 5 blank rows repeatedly between every existing data rows for approximately 300 rows. If I go about doing the repeat short-cut "Control+Y", it just repeats inserting ONE row only between the consecutive data row. Is there some command, which helps me highlight all the rows & allows me to insert 5 blank rows between every consecutive existing data row? Thanks in advance for your kind advice. Hi Being very new to excel coding, this code might be lengthy, but it works. Public Sub insert_row() Const TestColumn As Long = 1 '...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

Erase data, preserve formula's
I have a an excel file with 12 worksheets for the financial year and an additional worksheet for yearly totals. I need to get a blank copy of this and was wondering if anyone knew a way to delete all the user inputted data while keeping the formatting and formula's intact. Any help is much appreciated. -- urbanfox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ urbanfox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22826 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519004 Hi Hit F5 and select Special a...

How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented?
How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented? Microsoft says it's possible on a few web pages but I can't find instructions. Which version of Visio are you using? Randall Arnold "Sherry" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ut%23cPHX1DHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I convert a timeline to be vertically oriented? Microsoft says it's > possible on a few web pages but I can't find instructions. > > Visio 2000 "Randall Arnold" <rgarnold@cathartis.com_> wrote in message news:#pEeMyY1DHA.1272@TK2MSFTNG...

Great Plains integration to CRM 4.0
does anyone know if there is integration of great plains with crm 4.0? we have crm 3.0 integrated to great plains 8.0 and want to upgrade both. Hi Shawn, There is no Microsoft connector yet for CRM 4 and GP. There is one for CRM 3 and GP. Other options are to use • some third party tools like Scribe • or use Microsoft BizTalk • or do custom Programming. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Shawn" wrote: > does an...

Opening for Great Plains Developer in SF Bay Area
Hi, We have a current position open for a Great Plains developer to perform dB maintenance for Great Plains installation. Open to Contract or Contract to Perm. Full job description on request. Please email if you are interested. Thanks, Brendan McIntyre brendan@emailpcs.com ...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

Adding additional rows for data entry
I have a spreadsheet with five columns that I enter data to. I then have a blank row at the bottom of these columns. Below the blank row I have several formulas pertaining to each row. How do I add more data to the columns and have the formulas adjust for these new rows without highlighting rows and using the insert rows command to make room (empty rows) where I can then add the additional data to the columns. Is there a formula that would always leave one empty row even when new data is entered in the columns? Thanks Put the formulas at the top of the columns. You can even use a Freeze ...

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

Question About Missing Data
So, this is probably really easy, but I just want to ask and see if I may be missing something here. Some data on vendor numbers changed. Let’s say IBM used to have a vendor number 12345 and now it’s vendor number is 56789. I can identify IBM as IBM, but I really want to use the number, not the name. Should I set up a table that ties the numbers together, so that Access knows 12345 = 56789? Or, should I do some kind of Update Query and change all incidences of 12345 to be 56789? Or, is there some other, method, like a ‘best practices for missing data’? Thanks! Ryan--- ...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Outlook Data Files #4

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

converting FILETIME into two DWORDS
Hi, i want to extract date and time from a FILETIME structure into two dwords. So that the two dwords contain the date and time info in the same way in which NTFS store the file creation, modification and access date. Thanks. ...

Pivot table and organizing data
This one is really making me scratch my head. Here is the story. I have a list of information which I am pulling in via a query from SQL. Data is good and it correctly comes into Excel (03 or 07). I have five columns with data: Date, Time, AccountID , Status. First two are self-explanatory; third is a 3-letter ID, forth is a status (pass/fail). Ok, now that you have an idea, here is what I need: 1. List the account IDs as a column 2. List the dates as rows 3. Place the alert into the location that corresponds to the appropriate data and account I know this 'sounds' like a strai...

Prevent Hidden Column data from being copied/pasted?
A student came up with a question that I haven't been able to figure out yet in a recent Excel class. They are hiding a column and protecting the worksheet in the correct manner. They want to allow some users to access and enter information in some cells. They do not want the users to be able to copy and paste the information from the hidden column. The question is how can this be prevented? For example, Column B is hidden. When they copy a range such as A1:C10 and paste it to another worksheet, they are getting the "hidden" data in Column B in B1:B10. Any suggestions wou...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

Find what control is using a data item
I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a popup asking for the value of those 2 columns. The problem is, I don't use those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted columns. I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column names. How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns? I found the problem, the column was still referenced in the underlying query that fed the form. "MeSteve"...

Data Validation Greyed out #2
The spreadsheet is not protected -- jcm122 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcm1229's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1484 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26479 Do you have more than one worksheet selected? (Look in the title bar for [Group]. If you see it, rightclick on any worksheet tab in the grouped sheets and select Ungroup Sheets. jcm1229 wrote: > > The spreadsheet is not protected. > > -- > jcm1229 > ------------------------------------------...

Protecting user from changing previous data
Hi All, I have a block of data A1:D10 with Protection using ALLOW USER TO EDIT RANGE. The user enter data with the following order: Input 1: A1, B1, C1, D1 Input 2: A2, B2, C2, D2 Input 3: A3, B3, C3, D3 I would like to Automatically prevent the user from changing ROW A1-D1 when Inserting NEW ROWS (Row A2-D2, Row A3-D3). Thank you. This can be a very complex issue if you don't think things out really well ahead of time. What happens if, after they've typed data in A1:D1 and while entering more data in rows below row 1, they realize they made a mistake...