Compare Dynamics GP to AX to NAV to SL

Does a Dynamics GP to AX to NAV to SL side-by-side comparison exist anywhere?

Please help.

Thanks,

Steve
0
Steve3367 (862)

see the accounting library for a comparison of almost every known accounting
software package.
www.accountinglibrary.com

HS

--
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
> Does a Dynamics GP to AX to NAV to SL side-by-side comparison exist
> anywhere?
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

0
HSalim (1270)
6/5/2007 3:16:12 AM
Thanks HS, but did Microsoft ever do a sales comparison of where to propose
GP vs AX vs NAV vs SL? I'm a Microsoft Partner & am looking for such a
document to know what to highlight with my clients to solve their unique ERP
problems.
Steve

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> see the accounting library for a comparison of almost every known accounting
> software package.
> www.accountinglibrary.com
>
> HS
>

> --
> www.DynExtra.com
> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
> Current member count: 40
> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does a Dynamics GP to AX to NAV to SL side-by-side comparison exist
> > anywhere?
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve

0
Steve3367 (862)
6/5/2007 3:01:12 PM
Hi Steve.

I don't know of any comparison or recommendation on where to propose each
product.  That has been left up to the VARs to know the products and match
tht to the client's needs.  To help with that, I'm quite sure that MBS
worked out a deal with the accounting library where GP VARs (all MBS vars?)
can access the library.  Your MBS rep should be able to give you more
details on that.

HS
--
> Thanks HS, but did Microsoft ever do a sales comparison of where to
> propose
> GP vs AX vs NAV vs SL? I'm a Microsoft Partner & am looking for such a
> document to know what to highlight with my clients to solve their unique
> ERP
> problems.
> Steve
>
> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
>> see the accounting library for a comparison of almost every known
>> accounting
>> software package.
>> www.accountinglibrary.com
>>
>> HS
>>

>> --
>> www.DynExtra.com
>> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
>> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
>> Current member count: 40
>> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
>> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Does a Dynamics GP to AX to NAV to SL side-by-side comparison exist
>> > anywhere?
>> >
>> > Please help.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Steve

0
HSalim (1270)

Dynamic stacked column chart with ranking
Hi All, I would like to design a stacked column chart that stacks up supply based on ranking, from cheapest to most expensive, and to keep the same colors on any given day. the y axis will plot supply, and the x-axis will plot time (day 1, day 2, day 3 etc...) E.g. Day 1 Apples - supply 5, price 20p (color red on chart) Pears - supply 3, price 25p (color blue on chart) Bananas - supply 6, price 30p (color green on chart) So on Day 1, the stack will be from bottom to top, Apples (red), Pears (blue) and Bananas (green) (cheapest to most expensive) Day 2 Pears - supply 4, price 15p (co...

Compare Sheets and highlight differnce
Hi All, Is there a way to compare contents between two sheets, and use conditional formatting to highlight the difference without using Macro? I am looking at data of A10:T140 Create a named range for the data in Sheet2 (say name the range in Sheet2 A10:T40 as myRange) ...(From menu Insert>Name>Define...) 1. Select the cell/Range (say A10:T40). Please note that the cell reference A10 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Co...

dynamic ranges for charting
I saw another post with a similare title, but there was not enough info in there to tell me if I am trying the same thing. I want to have a column of data. Depending on the values in the column, I will automatically calculate start and end rows for the data I want to graph. If I paste in a new set of values, my formula to calculate the start and end would automatically update and I would lkike the chart to automatically update too. I was able to create a single cell with an OFFSET() statement that determines the position and height and width of my data to be graphed. When I created a ...

use a results in a Query to compare with information in a table
This is what I am trying to accomplish: I do a Query on one table that returns a result of the combined time and number of parts produced for that time. Then I get an expression that results in number of parts produced per hour. This is all good but now I need it to compare the “part number” returned in the Query with the “part number” in the Parts table and compare the “parts per hour produced” with the “parts per hour estimated” and return as % efficient. How do I that information from the parts table? Thanks for any help. Access 2007 We're not there, we can't see your...

dynamic display of line placement (graphic) in all views as its in progress
Hi, I am drawing a line pDC->Line(...) in my view 1.. suppose there are 3 more views for the same document are open . The views which are referencing same area as view 1 should also reflect the rubberband effect as I go on placing the line. now current effect if.. first I complete the placement of line in view 1 then I call GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews(NULL, 0, NULL); so the line reflects in other views aswell. I want to see the line placement in all views as its in progress. How I may achieve it. calling UpdateAllViews in MouseMove event may not have irritating effect. any idea? Leya...

Upgrading GP 10
Is there a way to create an installation package for client delpoy that will install the GP 10 prerequisites, install GP 10, install the GP service pack, upgrade 3rd party applications (need to uninstall existing version, install version 10), one after the other? If possible this could be deployed from Active Directory. To satisfy your needs, let’s divide them into points: 1. Install the GP 10 prerequisites The installation already installs the prerequisites upon launching the package. 2. Install the GP service pack Checkout blog post below on how to include the Service Packs inside th...

DBNS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0
we are gett ing this error in our Payables Tranaction Inquiry - Vendor of the Dynamics GP - The error is: The stored procedure createSQLTmpTable returned the following results: DBNS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 has any one seen this message from this area of Dynamics? Thanks Dennis Dennis, found the following: This error can occur if the PM Keys are missing or corrupt. To resolve this error, re-create the PM Keys. 1. Make a full backup that can be restored to should undesirable results occur. 2. Have all users exit Great Plains. 3. Click Start, Click Programs, Click Microsoft SQ...

issue send to pdf; using GP 9.0 SP2 and Acrobat 6.0
I have a user whose PC I recently swapped. He was using GP 9.0 SP2 w/ Acrobat 5.0 with no issues. After swapping he is still using GP 9.0 SP2 but has been upgraded to Acrobat 6.0 Standard. When he tries to use the send to PDF option, the printer icon flashes quickly in the system tray, which to me indicates GP is writing to the PDF printer, but a new email message with the PDF never generates. When I log into the PC (as an admin) it works fine and the email appears as it should. I've noticed when the user tries to export a PDF and Outlook is not running, he is prompted to sele...

Separate Windows, Compare Side by Side, Vertical Split or whatever
Greetings. In Excel 2003, for some reason MS removed functionality of opening separate Excel files in their own dedicated windows (No: Windows In Task Bar option doesn't work, it just places links to the same window). The only solution seems to start different instances of Excel.exe and open the workbooks manually, which is a pain. When I try compare side by side option, Excel does some synchronous slider bars (although you can turn it off), which I really don't like. It is hard to properly orient windows, sometimes only on of them is displayed because it was maximized or something. ...

Dynamics 4.0 and MSCRMimport tool authentication issue
Hi, I have a need to export data from my CRM app and import it into our development version - MS recently released their MSCRMimport tool which would allow me to do this, but I can't get it to connect to MS CRM 4.0 at all. I input the crm server (http://crmserver/), and the AD name, username and password (my own, as I am a systems admin for CRM), and the org name (our company name), but all I get back is a '401 Unauthorised' error message. I am running this on a remote XP machine, and not the crm server itself - should I be doing that? Or is there something I must enable in the...

Open PO in Dynamics not showing Line Item on Order in Business Por
Quantity Ordered in Purchase Order Entry shows 60 but when I look item up in the Business Portal under Inventory Items On Order shows 0??? Please help!!! Have you Printed the PO yet? What does Quantity On Order in GP Item Inquiry say? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tstrop" wrote: > Quantity Ordered in Purchase Order Entry shows 60 but when I look item up in > the Business Portal under Inventory Items On Orde...

help with 2 queries to compare and delete from same source table
(This may sound complicated, please bear with me...) I have a quiz results form that shows the number of times each incorrect answer has been submitted via a query. The query gets 'incorrect score results' from a table called 'tbl_Final_Points_Test'. It uses the unique ID for each answer as a COUNT total which gives me the total number of times each Incorrect answer has been chosen, and it uses the criteria '0' for displaying only incorrect answers. The Problem This all works fine, except as time goes by, the number of each total incorrect entry increases (as it...

Dynamics Security console #3
Hi all I have installed MOSS onto a windows 2008 32bit server. I have done all the setups and have installed Dynamics Webservices with SP3 all went fine. When I run Dynamics security console and choose select Applications and the SecurityService. I get a "Could not access the SecurityService service. Unable to connect to the remote server" Please could somebody help Regards Laurie ...

GP 9.0 move to new server
Currently we have GP 9.0 server software running on one server and SQL 2000 64 bit running on another. We need to load just the GP server software portion to another server, and leave the SQL database where its at on its current server. Can anyone point to a KB article, documentation or perhaps explain whats necessary to accomplish just a GP server software move or reinstall? Scott, If you are leaving SQL and the databases on the same server as they are now, all you need to do is reload Dynamics on the new server. Be sure you select a server client install during the process. Then...

Dynamic create object in a SDI application
I tried to create a CEdit object in myView:OnCreate(..), rather using draw a Edit Box in a dailog(I want the Edit object been created at run time). I can do it successfully & can set some property on this object, but I can't find how to set the object's appearance to be 3D-looking. (just like set Border in Style + set Static-Edge in ExtendedStyle) Is there anyone can help ? Thanks & Regards, "EagleChen" <eagle@magination.com.tw> wrote in message news:eiOQL%23chDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I tried to create a CEdit object in myView:OnCreate(..), ra...

Comparing Records in two Tables
SQL2008 can anyone point me in the right directon to look up how to do this If i have two databases DB1 and DB2, each have 1 table DB1.TB1 and DB2.TB1. The structure of both DB1.TB1 and TB2.TB1 are identical. If I run a Query doing an INSERT into DB2.TB1 .. Select * From DB1.TB1, What will be the easist way to check that the record was written. Is there a 'compare' function avalible ? Some occasions only 1 record will be written, but sometimes it will be multiple records > If I run a Query doing an INSERT into DB2.TB1 .. Select * From DB1.TB1, > What will be...

How to display dynamic range
Sometimes I have to troubleshoot a formula that uses dynamic ranges. Here is an example formula: =CORREL(OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1,1,MATCH(C$1,Sheet3!$1:$1,0)-1,$A$1),(OFFSET(Sheet3!$A$1,1,MATCH($A241,Sheet3!$1:$1,0)-1,$A$1))). Is there a way to determine the exact cells addresses that the correl function will operate on? For example, the Formula Palette for the OFFSET function above may say: Ref=0, row=102, col=214, height =144. Is there a way to determine the exact cell address range this represents? Thanks. I'd create a named range for each of them. Then I could just type in the ...

dynamically referencing ranges with variables
I'm hung up on what should be a simple problem: I have a spreadsheet that adds data to columns from column G on depending on the number of elements I have in an array (each array element heads up a column). Once the code is complete, I need to format the sheet and this is where I get into problems. For example, lets say the array had five elements in it, so my code creates data in columns G through K. if I want to set the column width of columns G-K to 5 I can either code it statically [Columns("G:K").ColumnWidth = 5] which eliminates any ability to dynamically re...

Tax Update for GP 9.0
Dear Sir, I installed Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 but during updating the Tax manual or over the net i got this error VB Error found: ActiveX component can't create object ...

GP Client Looping on Open
We have an issue with a PC which is experiencing a looping issue when trying to open the GP software the first time. Basically, the first time GP 10.0 is opened it prompts to run GP Utilites in order to convert older data. We don't have anything to convert yet so we click Launch GP. This causes the whole process to start over. server is SQL 2005, clients are Windows XP Pro and most are limited users. Any ideas? Thanks, Check OS permissions on your Dex.ini file. GP requires that users have modify or RWXD permissions on most files in the GP folder Log in as the Administrator,...

GP calculates new depreciation on a fully depreciated asset
We performed a mass change on a class of assets to change the Class ID and GL account number. After the mass change completed, we ran depreciation for the month, and some of the assets that were included in the mass change that were fully depreciated now show an amount in the Current Depreciation field (flagged as Y for Fully Depreciated and NBV shows as $0). A depreciation amount was also sent to the GL as part of the depreciation batch. We tried this in our TEST environment successfully. Does anyone know how this could have happened - that GP calculated and assigned a depre...

Comparing Times
I need to pay a shift differential for times worked as follows: shift diff#1: Pay "X" if start time is from 1:00 p.m. through 8:59 p.m. shift diff#2: Pay "X" if start time is from 9:00 p.m. through 2:59 a.m. The time input sheet converts the start times to military time. Then I have been trying to evaluate the start time for TRUE against the above statements. If TRUE, then another cell calculates the total time X the shift diferential and adds it to the total wages. How do I write the function IF or AND for the shift diff#2. This doesn't seem complete to me as it...

Question: Dynamic DLL loading / Class export
Hi. I have a class that is exported by a DLL. I have a header shared between the DLL and the app. I want to dynamically load the DLL, then call members of the class I have a function createobject that creates an object and sets the parameter to a pointer to that objec //dll.h// class objec void method() } extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void CreateObject(Object **o) // //code.cpp//// typedef void (*MYPROC)(Object**) HINSTANCE hLib = LoadLibrary("DLLNAME.DLL") MYPROC LoadProc = (MYPROC)GetProcAddress(hLib,"CreateObject") Object* object LoadProc(&o...

Comparison Check for GP Companies
When implementing a new system for clients we always set up a Pilot Company as well as a Live one. Once this is done, it would be useful if a report could compare all the setup options for two chosen companies and show where they were different. This would enable setup changes in one to be tracked and identified as being needed in the other. It could simply report the exceptions, and/or what had changed since the original copy was taken. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion...

GP 10 SP1 Problems
We just applied SP1 to the server and experienced the same issue as reported earlier in the newsgroup (version numbers for GP (PRODID=0) fail to update). Thanks to all of you for your insight. When Launching GP we are now getting an error message: M00016:P00029 - I.S.T. trigger on procedure PostIVReceipt of form IV_TrxWorkLine not registered. I just tried to download the Installation guide and got blocked. What fun! -- Tim Foster The error message is occuring because SP1 broke one of our third party applications. The developer has already been in touch and I'm sure it will be ...