Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP 8.0 #2

(I am reposting this question since I did not post the original under my
registered MSDN email. Sorry for the inconvience...)

I am having a problem entering commissions through our SOP integration. It
started occurring when we upgraded to GP 8.0 and when we created a new
integration that uses the "Great Plains 8.0\Sales Order Processing\Sales
Transaction" destination as opposed to the v7.5 destination. I have narrowed
the problem down to a dialog box which appears after adding a salesperson
commission. I don’t remember seeing this dialog in version 7.5.

After you add a salesperson commission to an SOP invoice, a dialog box
appears asking if you want to "add the salesperson to all the items that do
not have a salesperson id". If you click "Yes" the salesperson id is added to
all the items, then the "Line Item Sale Amount", "Commission Amount" and
"Commission Sale Amount" are all set to the total amount of the invoice and
the "Percent of Sale" and "Comm Percent" are set to "100%". These values
overwrite whatever you entered for that salesperson. If you click "No"
everything is left as you entered it.

The commission information we bring in from our payroll system indicates the
salesperson id and the amount of commission they received on the invoice.
There could be any number of salespersons receiving commissions on one
invoice. The way we were doing it in v7.5 was setting the "Commission Sale
Amount" to the salespersons commission, lets say $25.00, and then setting the
"Comm Percent" to 100% thereby giving them a "Commission Amount" of $25.00.
Now when the invoice along with the commissions are brought in through our
SOP integration the integration is automatically answering "Yes" to the
dialog mentioned above. So the first salespersons commission information is
reset to the total amount of the invoice. Any additional salespersons added
will fail because the first one has a "Commission Sale Amount" of the total
amount of the invoice and the total of the "Commission Sale Amount" on all
the salespersons now exceeds the total amount of the invoice. This in turn
fails the whole invoice.

I guess my question is this: Is there any way to have the integration answer
"No" to the dialog that appears? We don’t want to add any salesperson ID's to
items and we want the commissions entered AS-IS like it did in v7.5.

Hope this makes sense, please let know if it doesn’t...

We are pretty stumped and our VAP hasn’t been able to come up with anything
that works. Invoices and cash receipts are piling up everyday as we approach
year end!!! :) We really need to get this fixed or we will be keying
thousands of them over Christmas.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

--
Mike O'Brien
Application Developer

Mike,
This is a specialized request.
You should start a support case with Tools support.  You may have to
"escalate" the problem.
Don't bet on a quick fix.
In the meantime, you could consider other means to fix the problem, such as
a table import or a custom after document script that populates the table.

HS

"mob" <mob@community.nospam> wrote in message
> [...]
> will fail because the first one has a "Commission Sale Amount" of the
total
> amount of the invoice and the total of the "Commission Sale Amount" on all
> the salespersons now exceeds the total amount of the invoice. This in turn
> fails the whole invoice.
>
> I guess my question is this: Is there any way to have the integration
answer
> "No" to the dialog that appears? We don't want to add any salesperson ID's
> items and we want the commissions entered AS-IS like it did in v7.5.
>
> Hope this makes sense, please let know if it doesn't...
>
> We are pretty stumped and our VAP hasn't been able to come up with
anything
> that works. Invoices and cash receipts are piling up everyday as we
approach
> year end!!! :) We really need to get this fixed or we will be keying

0
HSalim (1270)
12/2/2004 7:31:40 PM
HS,

I will do that.

Thanks!

MOB

"HSalim" wrote:

> [...]
> > will fail because the first one has a "Commission Sale Amount" of the
> total
> > amount of the invoice and the total of the "Commission Sale Amount" on all
> > the salespersons now exceeds the total amount of the invoice. This in turn
> > fails the whole invoice.
> >
> > I guess my question is this: Is there any way to have the integration
> answer
> > "No" to the dialog that appears? We don't want to add any salesperson ID's
> > items and we want the commissions entered AS-IS like it did in v7.5.
> >
> > Hope this makes sense, please let know if it doesn't...
> >
> > We are pretty stumped and our VAP hasn't been able to come up with
> anything
> > that works. Invoices and cash receipts are piling up everyday as we
> approach
> > year end!!! :) We really need to get this fixed or we will be keying

0
mob8161 (7)
12/2/2004 8:41:02 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_CD508E03

Hello Mike,

This has been written up as  Problem Report.  Here is PR #9255.

When entering a Sales Invoice in the Sales Transaction Entry window with
commissions there is a new modal dialog box that pops up when the territory
ID other the default territory ID for the salesperson ID is Provided.  The
message is �Your changes will be rolled down to the line items. Choose
cancel if you don�t want the changes to be rolled down to the line items.�

When entering this type of invoice using integration manager it does not
take this message in consideration and the message causes the document to
error out with an error of Your changes will be rolled down to the line
items.  Therefore when using integration manager you would only be allowed
to bring the default territory id in for commissions any other territory
will cause the document to error out.  Again on version 7.5 this was not an
issue because you would not get the warning message within the Sales
Commission entry window. So I feel that somehow we will need to ignore that
modal dialog box so the transaction can be put in through Integration
manager.

Keith
Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?bW9i?= <mob@community.nospam>
Subject: Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP 8.0
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:39:03 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

[...]

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Mike,
\par
\par This has been written up as  Problem Report.  Here is PR #9255.
\par
\par When entering a Sales Invoice in the Sales Transaction Entry window with commissions there is a new modal dialog box that pops up when the territory ID other the default territory ID for the salesperson ID is Provided.  The message is \ldblquote Your changes will be rolled down to the line items. Choose cancel if you don\rquote t want the changes to be rolled down to the line items.\rdblquote
\par
\par When entering this type of invoice using integration manager it does not take this message in consideration and the message causes the document to error out with an error of Your changes will be rolled down to the line items.  Therefore when using integration manager you would only be allowed to bring the default territory id in for commissions any other territory will cause the document to error out.  Again on version 7.5 this was not an issue because you would not get the warning message within the Sales Commission entry window. So I feel that somehow we will need to ignore that modal dialog box so the transaction can be put in through Integration manager.
\par
\par
\par Keith
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP 8.0
\par thread-index: AcTYnjKppKwWoJj+TV6gtzoy/L4MRg==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 208.40.145.146
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?bW9i?= <mob@community.nospam>
\par Subject: Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP 8.0
\par Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:39:03 -0800
\par Lines: 52
\par Message-ID: <7AE08B11-0742-40D0-8F0F-9AE5AE51FE9F@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.0
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl 10.40.1.29
\par Path: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl
\par Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:7545
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par (I am reposting this question since I did not post the original under my
\par registered MSDN email. Sorry for the inconvience...)
\par
\par I am having a problem entering commissions through our SOP integration. It
\par started occurring when we upgraded to GP 8.0 and when we created a new
\par integration that uses the "Great Plains 8.0\\Sales Order Processing\\Sales
\par Transaction" destination as opposed to the v7.5 destination. I have narrowed
\par the problem down to a dialog box which appears after adding a salesperson
\par commission. I don\'e2\'80\'99t remember seeing this dialog in version 7.5.
\par
\par After you add a salesperson commission to an SOP invoice, a dialog box
\par appears asking if you want to "add the salesperson to all the items that do
\par not have a salesperson id". If you click "Yes" the salesperson id is added to
\par all the items, then the "Line Item Sale Amount", "Commission Amount" and
\par "Commission Sale Amount" are all set to the total amount of the invoice and
\par the "Percent of Sale" and "Comm Percent" are set to "100%". These values
\par overwrite whatever you entered for that salesperson. If you click "No"
\par everything is left as you entered it.
\par
\par The commission information we bring in from our payroll system indicates the
\par salesperson id and the amount of commission they received on the invoice.
\par There could be any number of salespersons receiving commissions on one
\par invoice. The way we were doing it in v7.5 was setting the "Commission Sale
\par Amount" to the salespersons commission, lets say $25.00, and then setting the
\par "Comm Percent" to 100% thereby giving them a "Commission Amount" of $25.00.
\par Now when the invoice along with the commissions are brought in through our
\par SOP integration the integration is automatically answering "Yes" to the
\par dialog mentioned above. So the first salespersons commission information is
\par reset to the total amount of the invoice. Any additional salespersons added
\par will fail because the first one has a "Commission Sale Amount" of the total
\par amount of the invoice and the total of the "Commission Sale Amount" on all
\par the salespersons now exceeds the total amount of the invoice. This in turn
\par fails the whole invoice.
\par
\par I guess my question is this: Is there any way to have the integration answer
\par "No" to the dialog that appears? We don\'e2\'80\'99t want to add any salesperson ID's to
\par items and we want the commissions entered AS-IS like it did in v7.5.
\par
\par Hope this makes sense, please let know if it doesn\'e2\'80\'99t...
\par
\par We are pretty stumped and our VAP hasn\'e2\'80\'99t been able to come up with anything
\par that works. Invoices and cash receipts are piling up everyday as we approach
\par year end!!! :) We really need to get this fixed or we will be keying
\par thousands of them over Christmas.
\par
\par Thanks in advance for your help!!
\par
\par --
\par Mike O'Brien
\par Application Developer
\par Payroll Solutions
\par www.payrollsolutions.net
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_CD508E03--

0
kvogel (17)
12/2/2004 8:56:29 PM
Keith,

Thanks for your response. I just called into MBS support earlier today and
used a telephone incident for this problem. The incident id (Or tracking id
?) is SRX041202604224. I just want to make sure you guys arent doing double
work on this.

Actually the problem isnt with the territoryID. It's really with adding
salesperson commissions in the "Sales Commission Entry" window. After we add
a salesperson commission a dialog box appears asking "Do you want to add this
Salesperson ID and Territory ID to all line items that don't have a
Salesperson ID?". Answering "Yes" adds the salesperson to all the individual
items in the invoice and adjusts his "Commission Sales Amount" to the total
of all the items he was added to, which is the total sales amount of the
invoice. It apprears that Integration Manager defaults to always answering
"Yes" to this dialog, but we need it to answer "No". We do not want
salespersons associated with individual items. If you add multiple
salespersons it will make the invoice error out because the first salesperson
is now associated with every line item and additional salesperson commissions
exceed the total amount of the invoice. If I mannually enter the invoice
through the interface and answer "No" to that dialog it works perfectly. I
think that dialog is new to 8.0.

Anyways, I hope that clarifies it a little. I think you might be refering to
a different dialog (?).

Thanks again for your help!

MOB

"Keith" wrote:

> [...]
> amount of the invoice and the total of the "Commission Sale Amount" on all
> the salespersons now exceeds the total amount of the invoice. This in turn
> fails the whole invoice.
>
> I guess my question is this: Is there any way to have the integration
> answer
> "No" to the dialog that appears? We don’t want to add any salesperson
> ID's to
> items and we want the commissions entered AS-IS like it did in v7.5.
>
> Hope this makes sense, please let know if it doesn’t...
>
> We are pretty stumped and our VAP hasn’t been able to come up with
> anything
> that works. Invoices and cash receipts are piling up everyday as we
> approach
> year end!!! :) We really need to get this fixed or we will be keying

0
mob8161 (7)
12/2/2004 9:29:14 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_F072C2EB

Mike,

Could you open this case up again with Customer Central.  This has gone
beyond the scope of the newsgroup.  With your other case they can dig
deeper into this issue and then maybe create a script so IM will hit no to
this message instead of yes.

Thanks

From: =?Utf-8?B?bW9i?= <mob@community.nospam>
Subject: RE: Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP 8.
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:29:14 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

"Keith" wrote:

> [...]
all
> the salespersons now exceeds the total amount of the invoice. This in
turn
> fails the whole invoice.
>
> I guess my question is this: Is there any way to have the integration
> answer
> "No" to the dialog that appears? We don’t want to add any
salesperson
> ID's to
> items and we want the commissions entered AS-IS like it did in v7.5.
>
> Hope this makes sense, please let know if it doesn’t...
>
> We are pretty stumped and our VAP hasn’t been able to come up with
> anything
> that works. Invoices and cash receipts are piling up everyday as we
> approach
> year end!!! :) We really need to get this fixed or we will be keying

------=_NextPart_0001_F072C2EB

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Mike,
\par
\par Could you open this case up again with Customer Central.  This has gone beyond the scope of the newsgroup.  With your other case they can dig deeper into this issue and then maybe create a script so IM will hit no to this message instead of yes.
\par
\par Thanks
\par Keith
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP 8.
\par thread-index: AcTYtfiTr6ucGrDISOy7Q3F5IlGq+w==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 208.40.145.146
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?bW9i?= <mob@community.nospam>
\par References:  <7AE08B11-0742-40D0-8F0F-9AE5AE51FE9F@microsoft.com> <dHI2nFL2EHA.764@cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl>
\par Subject: RE: Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP 8.
\par Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:29:14 -0800
\par Lines: 150
\par Message-ID: <ED5F6DE2-206C-449E-B93B-3DD2B1904DE0@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.0
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl 10.40.1.29
\par Path: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl
\par Xref: cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:7554
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Keith,
\par
\par Thanks for your response. I just called into MBS support earlier today and
\par used a telephone incident for this problem. The incident id (Or tracking id
\par ?) is SRX041202604224. I just want to make sure you guys arent doing double
\par work on this.
\par
\par Actually the problem isnt with the territoryID. It's really with adding
\par salesperson commissions in the "Sales Commission Entry" window. After we add
\par a salesperson commission a dialog box appears asking "Do you want to add this
\par Salesperson ID and Territory ID to all line items that don't have a
\par Salesperson ID?". Answering "Yes" adds the salesperson to all the individual
\par items in the invoice and adjusts his "Commission Sales Amount" to the total
\par of all the items he was added to, which is the total sales amount of the
\par invoice. It apprears that Integration Manager defaults to always answering
\par "Yes" to this dialog, but we need it to answer "No". We do not want
\par salespersons associated with individual items. If you add multiple
\par salespersons it will make the invoice error out because the first salesperson
\par is now associated with every line item and additional salesperson commissions
\par exceed the total amount of the invoice. If I mannually enter the invoice
\par through the interface and answer "No" to that dialog it works perfectly. I
\par think that dialog is new to 8.0.
\par
\par Anyways, I hope that clarifies it a little. I think you might be refering to
\par a different dialog (?).
\par
\par Thanks again for your help!
\par
\par MOB
\par
\par
\par "Keith" wrote:
\par
\par > Hello Mike,
\par >
\par > This has been written up as  Problem Report.  Here is PR #9255.
\par >
\par > When entering a Sales Invoice in the Sales Transaction Entry window with
\par > commissions there is a new modal dialog box that pops up when the territory
\par > ID other the default territory ID for the salesperson ID is Provided.  The
\par > message is \'e2\'80\'9cYour changes will be rolled down to the line items. Choose
\par > cancel if you don\'e2\'80\'99t want the changes to be rolled down to the line items.\'e2\'80\'9d
\par >
\par > When entering this type of invoice using integration manager it does not
\par > take this message in consideration and the message causes the document to
\par > error out with an error of Your changes will be rolled down to the line
\par > items.  Therefore when using integration manager you would only be allowed
\par > to bring the default territory id in for commissions any other territory
\par > will cause the document to error out.  Again on version 7.5 this was not an
\par > issue because you would not get the warning message within the Sales
\par > Commission entry window. So I feel that somehow we will need to ignore that
\par > modal dialog box so the transaction can be put in through Integration
\par > manager.
\par > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
\par > =====================================================
\par > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par > your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par > from your issue.
\par > =====================================================
\par > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par >
\par > --------------------
\par > Thread-Topic: Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP
\par > 8.0
[...]
\par > narrowed
\par > the problem down to a dialog box which appears after adding a salesperson
\par > commission. I don\'c3\'a2\'e2\'82\'ac\'e2\'84\'a2t remember seeing this dialog in version 7.5.
\par >
\par > After you add a salesperson commission to an SOP invoice, a dialog box
\par > appears asking if you want to "add the salesperson to all the items that do
\par > not have a salesperson id". If you click "Yes" the salesperson id is added
\par > to
\par > all the items, then the "Line Item Sale Amount", "Commission Amount" and
\par > "Commission Sale Amount" are all set to the total amount of the invoice and
\par > the "Percent of Sale" and "Comm Percent" are set to "100%". These values
\par > overwrite whatever you entered for that salesperson. If you click "No"
\par > everything is left as you entered it.
\par >
\par > The commission information we bring in from our payroll system indicates
\par > the
[...]
\par > answer
\par > "No" to the dialog that appears? We don\'c3\'a2\'e2\'82\'ac\'e2\'84\'a2t want to add any salesperson
\par > ID's to
\par > items and we want the commissions entered AS-IS like it did in v7.5.
\par >
\par > Hope this makes sense, please let know if it doesn\'c3\'a2\'e2\'82\'ac\'e2\'84\'a2t...
\par >
\par > We are pretty stumped and our VAP hasn\'c3\'a2\'e2\'82\'ac\'e2\'84\'a2t been able to come up with
\par > anything
\par > that works. Invoices and cash receipts are piling up everyday as we
\par > approach
\par > year end!!! :) We really need to get this fixed or we will be keying
\par > thousands of them over Christmas.
\par >
\par > Thanks in advance for your help!!
\par >
\par
\par > --
\par > Mike O'Brien
\par > Application Developer
\par > Payroll Solutions
\par > www.payrollsolutions
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_F072C2EB--

0
kvogel (17)

Crystal Reports not showing in 3.0
We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We can now click on reports without getting an error message. However, there are no reports displaying. Is there some additional setup that we need to do? I understand there is supposed to be like 150 canned reports. Where are they? Please help! Can anyone tell me how the canned reports get installed and where they are located? What database? "Barbi Dorin" wrote: > We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We > can now click on reports without getting an ...

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

function to check for entry
I'll try and make this as clear as I can... I am looking for a function that will check column b,c,d,e for an entr if there is an entry then check row n in the same row for it's value. that's the first bit, then I need to be able to check the date valu (month) in column a and total it for the month. perhaps I could run the first function only looking for month=1 o something and just run it 12 times? not sure how to go about this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com well I've got this far but it still doesn't work and gives an error: =IF(MONTH(A3:A167)=4,...

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

error 0x800cc0f

matching contents #2

error on upgrade: ID 4386

DNS Error on Exchange

Please ignore #2

Installation Error Message
I am attemting to install CRM4 or W2003 server running SQL 2008. I get the following message: Setup requires SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 Hotfix for role creation on SQL Reporting Service SP2 Workgroup edition at the specified Reporting Services Report Server http://XXXXX/reportserver. It is asking for SQL2005 hotfix yet I am running SQl2008. Any suggestions? ...

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...

Error After Customizing 'Accounts' Form
Hello. Earlier today, I created an onSave event along with some other customizations for a tab in the 'Accounts' form. After becoming comfortable with my changes, I published the form and tested with a small Account that we do not access much. One of my fields was planned to be read-only, but I had it writable for a test. When I typed a value into the field and saved, I received an error and I can no longer open the specific account. I found the problem with the custom field and fixed it. However, I am still unable to open that one account. Here is the error I received: ...