We have a client with a specific need for printing customer comments
and item comments:

1) They want to store comments on Customer Master. When a sales order
is entered these comments should default on the sales order with an
option to change. They want to mark these comments to be printed on
sales order, invoice, packing list and pick ticket.

2) Items are stored with item specific comments. These comments need
to come to the sales order when the order is entered with an option to
change. They want to setup comments with similar setup where they
print on order, invoice, pick ticket and packing list based on the
setup.

Is there a solution out there that addresses above needs?

Thanks, VJ
0
rutvijrshah (142)

Hmm... If you are referring specifically to comments -- not notes -- you can
perhaps create each comment in the Comment Setup window with the comment ID
being the Customer Number or the Item Number. In turn, you could use a small
VBA customization to default the comment ID in the SOP Entry screen with the
Customer ID when a customer is selected, and default the comment ID at the
line item level with the item number being entered. This should be fairly
straight forward.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"VJ" wrote:

> We have a client with a specific need for printing customer comments
> and item comments:
>
> 1) They want to store comments on Customer Master. When a sales order
> is entered these comments should default on the sales order with an
> option to change. They want to mark these comments to be printed on
> sales order, invoice, packing list and pick ticket.
>
> 2) Items are stored with item specific comments. These comments need
> to come to the sales order when the order is entered with an option to
> change. They want to setup comments with similar setup where they
> print on order, invoice, pick ticket and packing list based on the
> setup.
>

> Is there a solution out there that addresses above needs?
>
> Thanks, VJ

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Payment for Invoice in 2004 SB
I recently changed from Money 2003 SB to Money 2004 SB. Since making this change I am unable to change the category of a downloaded deposit to "Payment for Invoice". When I update my account by downloading new transactions, my deposit is listed. When I try to change the category to "Payment for Invoice", I receive the error message " Payment for Invoice is not a valid selection for this transaction" Furthermore, if I go through the procedure to "Receive Payment for Invoice" prior to updating my account, then download new transactions from the bank, Mone...

Comments Textbox
I have a form in which I have an unbound textbox so that users can add comments about the record. I type something into the textbox on one of the records and it fills whatever I wrote into all other records. I want what gets typed to just stay on the one record. Any ideas? "LFC" <LFC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:695DCB42-BF79-4F77-BEF7-03A0ED7E4F68@microsoft.com... >I have a form in which I have an unbound textbox so that users can add > comments about the record. I type something into the textbox on one of > the > records and ...

Go To
In Excel, you can name ranges of cells and use Edit --> Go To to go directly to those ranges. However, after you've gone to Go To once and you go back to it, there are often random cells referenced there (with $ signs indicating an absolute reference). Does anyone know why this happens or whether there's any rhyme or reason to the cells that are displayed? The cell reference on the top is the last address that you have gone to. For example, if you are in cell A2 and go to cell C8. $c$2 will show on the tope of the list. When you jump from C8 to another location, $c$8 will s...

Printing Autofilter Data
How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say 20 pages? In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Confused" <Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C7DCB67-06B2-429C-99D9-D2B3A40FEF4A@microsoft.com... > How do I print Autofilter data onto one sheet instead of a few lines on say > 20 pages? Thank you! "Tom Ogilvy" wrote: > In page Setup, select fit to print and select 1 page wide and 1 page high. > > -- > Regards, > Tom Ogilvy >...

print number of update records through sql job
I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 millions records. I have schedule this through sqljob. I'm looking over sql example to check for update records and gives a output and quit the jobs if no update records. Thanks in advance sqlnovice (sqlnovice@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a > churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 > millions records. I have schedule this...

Changing default font for all comments
Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "abbylulu2" <abbylulu2@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8DEB7970-21EA-45B3-98C4-209E56F315BE@microsoft.com... > Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? ...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

Excel Not Printing... Word does
Hello All, I have a computer that will not print excel documents at all. It will print Word Documents, as well as other programs, but when I print from excel, it doesn't even make it into the printer Queue. I am trying to print to a networked HP Laserjet 4100 TN. That printer is attached to a Win2k server through its IP address. Let me know if anyone knows of any issues with sharing a printer using the IP address to connect it to the host computer. Any Ideas will be helpful! :) Thanks, Seth R. In the absence of other replies .......... Presumably you have set Excel to recogni...

Listing files with full path
Is there any function which acts like Dir but returns the full path of the file and not just its filename? I want to find files of a type in several directories, load the names in an array then go through them all and process them. It would help if the file names in the array contained the path information so that the part of the macro which does the processing can go straight to the file without having to worry about which folder it's in. Grateful for advice. Don't you already know the directory/folder at the time you call Dir? So just concatenate this with the file n...

why do pictures and text change size on printing?
making birthday card , which i have done many times, but when trying to print, the pictures and text are reducing in size from 168% to 99% . what am i now doing wrong ? ...

How do I print different business cards on one sheet
I would like to print out business cards, but with ascending numbers on each one. Is there a fairly easy way of doing this? Mail merge the numbers onto your cards. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sandra C." <Sandra C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72A21178-48BD-4B23-AFD8-C08007AF7B9D@microsoft.com... >I would like to print out business cards, but with ascending numbers on >each > one. Is there a fairly easy way of doing this? ...

Predefined distribution list in outlook template
Hi everyone, Here is my current situation, I have a central mailbox to send out urgent messages to predefined distribution list in my Personal Address Book (PAB). The problem is message owners need to rely on me all the times (even when I am not in the office!) to send out messages since I am the person who maintain the distribution list and to make sure the message sent to right group of people. I think this is not a efficient process. I am looking for an automation way so that message owners can send out messages themselves while making use of the distribution list I maintain. I...

How can I shrink a flyer to print two to a page?
I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? CS Flower wrote: > I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print > two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread > option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center > twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? ===================================== What if y...

How do I get the header to print out for e-mail messages?
For some reason, I am unable to print out the header of e-mail messages and it only prints out the message but not the time/date, subject, To..., From...., etc. Does anyone have an idea how to get this back on? Aloha yoda_the_webmaster, I'm guessing you're using Outlook 2003 (or earlier?) with Internet Explorer 7. That's a known issue that the IE team is working on. In the meantime you can either try and go back to IE6, upgrade to Outlook 2007 (which is unaffected because it doesn't use IE to print HTML messages) or edit the message and change the format to Rich T...

Conditional Comment using Cell value as part of it
What I'm trying to do is the following: if cell(a1) is different from 0(zero) then, cell(b1) should have a comment that say, the value of cell(c1) is the payment, next line the value of cell(a1) was refund, next line Total for today = cell(c1)-cell(a1) Example a1 = $10.00 c1 = $30.00 B1 (comment): $30.00 is the payment (c1) $10.00 was refund (a1) Total for today: $20.00 (c1-a1) can anyone help me on that? thanks in advance ...

Tracking Down Print Errors
Hello All, I have a wierd error that I am getting with opportunities. When I go into opportunities and view a record I wish to print, I am getting an error message. I can successfully print the entire list of opportunities in CRM, but if I open one opportunity, then click print, I get an error stating "This Form has been changed and must be saved before printing." I have SAVED the record multiple times and I still cannot print. Any ideas why this would be? TIA for your help. Joe ...

Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 / store.exe process is allocating more memory than usual
I am getting the following error message on a regular basis: Alert on SERVER001 at 12/20/2005 8:25:22 PM The store.exe process is allocating more memory than usual. Check to see if you are having problems with e-mail. If so, stop and then restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad. I have found a fix for this for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1: SBS2003-KB843539-X86-ENU.EXE But when I try to run it, I get an error th...

Workbook prints as 2 separate print jobs
When sending an Excel workbook consisting of 1-10 worksheets and choosing the Print Entire Workbook option, the print job prints as though it were two different print jobs sent to the printer. This happens when choosing a Xerox printer-copier, and also when choosing to print to Acrobat Distiller. Any fixes? Suggestions? Thanks. -- Alice. ...

Re-printing an invoice
I have a user who needs to reprint a specific invoice, that would have originally been created in batch (I think). Her customer needs that invoice reprinted for legal reasons. I know absolutely nothing about Dynamics - the only information I have is the invoice number. Can anyone tell me how to reprint an invoice. I believe it has already been posted. Thanks Todd 1. Navigate to Inquiry>Sales>Transaction By Document 2. Search for the invoice number that you want to print 3. Click on the line displaying the invoice information, then click on the 'Document Number' link 4...

Comparing first and last names in two lists #3

Printing Shared Calendars
Does anyone know if you can print all the shared calendars in your calendar view in Outlook 2003. It seems that you can only print one calendar at a time. Not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "jerry" <jriley@empirecollege.com> wrote in message news:OLtsryLeIHA.288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if you can print all the shared calendars in your > ...

Global List
I have exchange 2003 server in a 2003 Active Directory Domain. How do I make the Global Address list view as last name first, first name last in outlook. I know how to do contacts but not the Global list. Is it something I need to do on the server. Thank you Change the display names to Last, First. jim wrote: > I have exchange 2003 server in a 2003 Active Directory > Domain. How do I make the Global Address list view as > last name first, first name last in outlook. I know how > to do contacts but not the Global list. Is it something I > need to do on the server. > &g...

How to create stock watch list?
How do I create a watch list of certain funds, stocks, bonds? I only have a Roth IRA retirement account created. There doesn't seem to be a watch list option. Money 2004 Small Business Brett If there isn't already an Investments to Watch account, you can create one by creating an investment account and setting the Watch Account flag in its details. If the account is there, go to Portfolio, Work with investments, Add an investment and add the investments you want to watch to the watch account. "Brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:c003b25a.0404071613.1f...

Contact list #17
We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just multiple identical names in the list? Such as; John Doe - Business John Doe - Business Fax John Doe - Email 1 Any help will be appreciated..... -- Thanx, Hanksor Oregon City, Or Hanksor <nospam@stonergroup.com> wrote: > We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to > show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just > multiple identical names in the list? What does "contact list" ...

write items in a list box
I wrote a code in VC to write items in a list box .But the code was not working.. I cannot type anything to the listbox.... What is the pblem???? void ClistboxegDlg::OnBnClickedButton2() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here UpdateData(); CString strText; strText = lb1; UpdateData(FALSE); lbc1.AddString(strText); //This is where the actual data is added } Hi Meenu, what is your problem? Is it, that you cannot write data from your program into the listbox or ist it, that when the listbox is shown, you cannot *type* data with the keyboard ...