Collection Letter Functions

I'm trying to customize some collection letters. I went to the Collections
Management Letter Maintenance window and reviewed the documentation, but I
cannot figure out how to include the various functions in my collections
letters. It appears that I can only modify collection letters in report
writer, if thats the case how do I utilize the functions?

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

collect clipboard value into string
I have a macro that pastes the clipboard string (I think it's the "clipboard"), Selection.Paste, into the body of a letter. I would like to, within vba, inspect that string first before pasting. How do I capture it into a var which I can inspect? Thank you. "oldyork90" <oldyork90@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ec8d0dd3-e9b4-47fb-8009-7a2f7c1baf3d@q5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... >I have a macro that pastes the clipboard string (I think it's the > "clipboard"), Selection.Paste, into the body of a letter. I would > like to, within vb...

Overriding virtual function Equals affecting static Equals...
Please observe the code snippet: namespace OverrideEquals { class Human { public string name {get;set;} public override bool Equals(object obj) { Human h = obj as Human; if (h is Human) { if (this.name == h.name) return true; else return false; } else { Console.Write("Not a human:"); return false; } } public override int GetHa...

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

Method of calling a function where function name is stored in a variable or control
Is there a way to call a function (or sub for that matter) where the function/sub name is stored in a variable? For instance lets say I have a table that stores some function names. On a form I have a list box that displays the records in that table. For this example lets say they all accomplish similar things and all require the same numbef of arguments and none of them return a value. If Call were the right method to accomplis this it might look sometihng like this Dim lngArgument as Long lngArgument = 1234 Call Me.lstBox, lngArgument In this case Call would run the function...

Refreshing a User Defined Function
To all: On Sheet 1 of my workbook, I have a date in cell A1. In the next sheet, I want the same date as the previous sheet plus seven days. When I copy the latest sheet, I want it to reference the sheet located prior to it rather than referencing the original sheet (Sheet 1). After copying 52 worksheets, I want each of them to reference the sheet located just prior to each of the sheets. I found this User Defined Function posted here on this discussion site and it works great except for one thing. If I change the original date on Sheet 1, the UDF does not automatically update. Is...

what's the function key for highlight
I've searched and searched and can't find it. All I want to know is what keyboard shortcut do you press to highligh the selected text so you don't have to press the button on th toolbar. Can anyone help? Plus if you know of a link to a great list of ALL Excel shortcuts tha would be great. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi phipywr! Here's three links: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ShortCuts.htm Dave McRitchie: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm#calc And try using Help. Search on Keyboard Shortcuts. I don't kno...

With Function
I hate to cut and paste anything into a module or procedures without understanding a little about how it works. I came across the following code that I could really use. It makes the label blink and using If/End If statements I could use it to flash warnings and 'expired' dates. With Label74 .ForeColor = (IIf(.ForeColor = 0, 255, 0)) End With But I cannot find any ref in any books and not even in the Access help pages for what is this WITH AND END WITH FUNCTIONS and what arguments go with it. Perhaps I don's know where to look for! ...

Iterate through collection of attachments
In my Outlook.Attachment collection I want to be able to distinguish between real attachments as opposed to images that have been embedded in the message body. However, in the attachment collection of objects, I am not sure how I can do this as they are all just treated as attachments and there is no distinguishing feature that I acn see to tell them apart. File type will not suffice I dont think? Outlook.MailItem mi = (get MSG file from database); // Iterate through the attachments foreach (Outlook.Attachment att in mi.Attachments) { // I only want to save real attachments, eg i...

Paramters in MFC functions
Sorry for a basic question... In certain function I can use less parameters than indicated in the HELP and it works fine(for instance ChttpConnection::OpenRequest(...)). In the HELP it uses some 6 parameters but it works with two either. Can someone explain that please? Regards Rami "Rami" <rami@mandi.com> wrote in message news:%23N8znCIeIHA.4260@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Sorry for a basic question... > In certain function I can use less parameters than indicated in the HELP > and > it works fine(for instance ChttpConnection::OpenRequest(...)). In the HELP &...

Outlook Security Patch Disabled E-Mail Functionality
I downloaded Outlook's recent security patch. Now my e-mail will not send or receive. What did the patch do to disable my settings and how can I reactivate them? I'm on Windows XP Professional and Office 2003 Professional. Help. ...

speed of formulas vs functions
Hi everybody, I'm just wondering if a function like =sum(a5:a15) is evaluated at the same speed as a formula like =a5+a6+a7+a8+a9+a10+a11+a12+a13+a14+a15 I understand that if there is a performance difference it will not be noticed with only one function or formula, but what happens when in a workbook you have thousands of formulas or functions? Any help is greatly appreciated. greets, Sybolt (at the office) HI Sybolt, It is not difficult to test your example. I did 4,193,408 calculations of both formulas and manually clocked them (of course I could have done that programmaticall...

Help using lookup function
I'm having trouble using the lookup function. I have numbers that look like this in a list, although it's only part of what I'm using: -11 2179 -10 2420 -9 2661 -8 2897 -7 3123 -6 3332 -5 3521 -4 3683 -3 3814 -2 3910 -1 3970 0 3989 1 3970 2 3910 3 3814 4 3683 5 3521 6 3332 7 3123 8 2897 9 2661 10 2420 11 2179 When I use the lookup function on another sheet of the cell, it does not look up the proper value always. My columns go from (-100, 100). Outside the values of (-10,10), the lookup works properly. These are the lookup cells: -11 2179 -10 2420 -9 2420 -8 2897 -7 3123 ...

Is there any a "unique" function performs on CStringArray or CStringList?
Is there any a "unique" function performs on CStringArray or CStringList? I know there is an algorithm function "unique" performing on containers in Standard C++ library. Is there a similar function in MFC? What am I doing now to avoid adding same strings to container is: CStringList strList; ..... if (strList.Find("somestring") == NULL) strList.AddTail("somestring"); But I realized it may be an inefficient way. Any good sugestion? I would have used a CMap for this. Then, when all insertions were done, I might consider converting it to a CArray...

how we can call window message handler function from user defined function
hi guys, can you please tell me how we can call window message handler function like ON_WM_RBUTTONDOWN() ON_WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK() ON_WM_KEYDOWN() from user defined class member function. Hi, Use SendMessage method. like: SendMessage(hwnd, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, 0,0); hwnd = handle to the window, WM_LBUTTONDOWN = message third and forth parameters are for extra information. Thanks, Chary. This is probably a mistake, and the answer given, which is to call it with meaningless parameter values such as 0, 0, is wrong. Why would you want to do this? More likely you would create a function which these...

New Letter to Contact Templates
In Outlook 2002, I'm trying to use the New Letter to Contact feature, found under the Actions menu when you have a contact selected. When I select this command it brings up Word's Letter Wizard. After selecting a template and clicking Finish, a standard document is made with contact info on it, but the document does not have any of the formatting or other text from the selected template. What am I doing wrong? I've tried using the built-in Word merge and non-merge templates as well as my own custom templates to no avail. Thanks, Sam Please disregard. I'm still not ...

Collection Letter for a Particular Invoice
We have a partner in Australia who would like to request for this functionality which is to be able to specify a particular invoice in the Collections Letter. Currently, you can only filter by Customer, Customer Info, Balance, Period/Date, Notes and Action Type. They would like to suggest adding Invoice Number as part of the filter. Thank you very much ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...

Can a workbook be used as a function
Hi, I have an excel workbook (A) that givern three parameters, temp1, temp and flow calculates the energy transfer for a process we conduct, have another workbook (B) which contains the hourly logged data for th process from which we generate monthly reports. Is it possible to use workbook (A) like a function and pass to it th three parameters from workbook (B) and return to workbook (B) th answer ie. energy transfered. Workbook (B) contain approx 750 logs so i need to repeat th calculation 750 times I could link the two which works for the first piece of logged data bu how to automatically...

Please explain the steps to use the Dlookup function in Access?
explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Balu" <Balu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00601393-C86C-47BD-9103-52D0FAA292C9@microsoft.com... > explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL ...

function to convert 'nnnnnnnnnn' ---> 'dd.mm.yy hh:mm:ss'
Hi NG, I am looking for a function of MS EXCEL to convert the seconds from 01.01.1970 (e.g. 1096200072) into a more common date format like dd.mm.yy hh:mm:ss. TIA, Henning Hi =109620072/(24*60*60) and format in some time format as you need -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "kielhd" <kielhd@freenet.de> wrote in message news:10a4173d.0409290327.5d18681b@posting.google.com... > Hi NG, > > I am looking for a function of MS EXCEL to convert the seconds from > 01.01.1970 (e.g. 1096200072) into a more common date format...

DayOfYear Function? #2
Is there anyway to return the day number of the year. For example, where 12/26/2003 would be = to 300. =A1-DATE(2002,12,31) But the result really is 360, not 300. Or do you mean something else? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Joe" <indextrader@futuresworld.com> wrote in message news:uBJrbFqgDHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to return the day number of the year. For example, where > 12/26/2003 would be = to 300. > > How about value - DATE(YEAR(value),1,1) + 1 "Joe" <indextrader@futuresworld.com> wrote i...

Function: Filename
Using Excel XP: I went to INSERT>FUNCTION, clicked on CELL, click "ok" and typed the word filename in the Info_Type field. This gave me the path with the filename, but it also included the sheet name. I like to just have the Path and Filename only, no sheet name, is it possible and if so how? Do I type something in the Reference Field? Just in case I need this later on, is it possible to just have the filename by itself using the Function feature? I also tried the Function INFO, and typed directory. Is there more info in this area that's not mentioned that can be ...

I have a list of data, fill in the gaps. FILL function won't work
I have a list of data in which I would like to fill in the gaps. Is this possiable? I have age in years in A2 to A100 then data in colums in 5 year gaps (eg B2 has data then B7 then B12 etc) all incremental. I would like to fill in the gaps belween giving me data B2, B3, B4... to B100. How can I fill in the gaps whilst still making sure my 5 year results are left. Simple example below age Result 45 20 46 47 48 49 50 30 51 52 53 54 55 50 Many Thanks for any help You could select a range (B2:B7 for 20 to 30). Then do Edit|fill|series There...

How to encode Function Keys (F7) into Barcodes
Is there a way to encode function key into a bar code. I would like to encode F7 (set customer ) into the customers card, this way the cashier only has to scan the card and not worry about pressing any keys. Than ks Robert Hi Robert, Donno if this is possible, encoding "Set Customer" into the Customer Card, but what you can do is, knowing the encoded values (let say the first 5 digits, and after the Customer AccountNumber), make a small dll that will be hooked up before the Transaction submit that will pop-up, for reading the customer card and will set up the Customer automat...

HOW DO I WORD A "Position has already been filled" LETTER?
How would I put into words "Position has been filled" letter to job applicants? We do not deal with content. I would suggest using Google and searching for something that will suit your needs. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Busco Applications" <Busco Applications@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FE61250-A3CD-4DFF-A56D-D571CBCBF4F7@microsoft.com... > How would I put into words "Position has been filled" letter to job > applicants? Ho...