Code for 7.5 and 8.0

Is it possible in only one dictionary to add menus for both 7.5 and 8.0?

0
Cesar (59)

Hi Cesar

I answered this is your previous post.

I suppose it is possible to include both navigation methods, but you would
need to identify the version before registering your triggers etc.

However, this is really not recommended.  You should be building your
customisations based on the Dynamics.dic from the same version and build as
being used in your live system and you should be using the same Dexterity
version and build as the runtime version in your live system.

If you have a global constant with your version stored you can use
pre-complier commands to have different parts of the source compile based on
the value in the constant.  For example:

#if PROD_VER >= 8 then
{ Menu and Commands code for v8 onwards }

#else
{ Palettes and Toolbar code for v7.50 and earlier }

#end if;

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Cesar" wrote:

> Is it possible in only one dictionary to add menus for both 7.5 and 8.0?

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
8/15/2006 2:50:01 AM
Thanks

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Cesar
>
> I answered this is your previous post.
>
> I suppose it is possible to include both navigation methods, but you would
> need to identify the version before registering your triggers etc.
>
> However, this is really not recommended.  You should be building your
> customisations based on the Dynamics.dic from the same version and build as
> being used in your live system and you should be using the same Dexterity
> version and build as the runtime version in your live system.
>
> If you have a global constant with your version stored you can use
> pre-complier commands to have different parts of the source compile based on
> the value in the constant.  For example:
>
> #if PROD_VER >= 8 then
> { Menu and Commands code for v8 onwards }
>
> #else
> { Palettes and Toolbar code for v7.50 and earlier }
>
> #end if;
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Cesar" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible in only one dictionary to add menus for both 7.5 and 8.0?

0
Cesar (59)

CRM Ver. 1.0 NFR to Ver. 1.2?
I tried loading CRM 1.0 on SBS '03 Premium, but it failed. I was told my Microsoft Ssupport Engineer that this version is not supported on SBS '03. How do I obtain an upgrade to CRM 1.2 NFR? Here is the orginal post in SBS 2003 Newsgroup: CRM 1.0 is not supported on SBS 2003 you need version 1.2 please contact MS Busniess Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/default.mspx. Also if you want more questions answered about CRM try posting in the public forum at news://microsoft.public.crm . Hope this helps. "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Rounding #7
Hello, I have this rounding problem, for example if I type in the cell that containing this formula =50926/.501 I get 101.648, which is fine but when I calculate in a different way such as: The sum total of a particular cell 50,926 dividing by formula start date and end date =(7/1/2004/12/31/2004)/365 I get 101,572 instead of 101,648. Why any help will be appreicate. Thank you. Unless you have Tools/Options/Calculation/Precision as displayed set, calculations in XL are done with the values stored in the cells, not necessarily the values displayed. For instance =("...

Linking errors with Building VC6.0 MFC project on VC8.0(VS2005)
System Env: Windows XP SP2 .NET 2.0 I am trying to build a legacy(VC6) MFC application and have managed to resolve most if not all(you see - #pragma to ignore things don't count ) compile time errors and depricated functions. But now i get linker errors all of them complaining about "AddCopyIntRecords.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall CWnd::PostNcDestroy(void)" Here are some project settings that i have used: I am compiling things in Active(Release) mode I am including all the external libraries(just on...

Mail #8
A friend of mine is using Outlook 2000 on an older Win98 machine. She recently started having problems with OL internet email. The problem is that everytime she connects to the internet (DSL) and then opens OL it starts to send all of the messages again. It seems as though they are trapped in the outbox, the strange thing is, I usually receive email from her however I don't ever get the same email twice. Is there some setting that forces sent mail to stay in the outbox? Any other ideas? Thanks, Lars Highspeed <crap@crap.com> wrote: > A friend of mine is using Outlook 20...

vlookup function #5
vlookup gives the result / value as soon as soon as it finds the first value. How can i have rest values in excel satisfying same conditions , 2nd , 3rd etc. -- Sanjay Jain Gurgaon Haryana India Hi try the following kin of array function: =INDEX($B$1:$B$100,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$100=lookup_value,ROW ($A$1:$A$100)),ROW(1:1))) and copy down as far as needed >-----Original Message----- >vlookup gives the result / value as soon as soon as it finds the first value. >How can i have rest values in excel satisfying same conditions , 2nd , 3rd >etc. >-- >Sanjay Jain >Gurgaon ...

=?Utf-8?Q?Exchange_Cleanup_Agent_Issue_=C2=A1=C2=A1=C2=A1?= =?Utf-8?Q?=C2=A1=C2=A1?=
I have 5 Exchange 2000 Ent server, all of them have SP3, one of them is a front end server. The main backend server have 16 databases (283 GB in total). Since 1st of june when i try to run cleanup agent on any DB the the process hangs or freeze and never ends. i try with all the databases and i have the same results. In event viewer i only have an 9531 event (source MSExchangeIS Mailbox) which indicates the start of the process. Before 1st june everything works ok. Any suggestion or idea ?? Thanks a lot On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:35:02 -0700, jeguevarag <jeguevarag@discussions.microsoft...

update inventory gl codes
I am new to GP and my company. It seems all inventory items were set up for the "returns" to go to the GL account of "sales" (as a debit to sales). I would like to track returns correctly and have a GL code to change it to. My question, is there a way to change all inventory item coding at once? or do I have to go into each inventory item and change individually? thanks for any help, Zach, If your inventory items are in Classes, you could change the account(s) of the Class, then when saving the change(s) tell it to roll the changes down to all the items in that ...

VBA format function codes
I thought I understood the VBA Format function codes, but apparantly not. I have several columns of numbers that I want to write to a file so that they line up. Some of them are integers, some have a few decimal places. For the integers, I first tried "####0": ?format(123,"####0") & "|" 123| I forgot that "#" does not insert spaces. Next I tried "@@@@0": ?format(123,"@@@@0") & "|" 1230| Now I get the spaces, but why am I getting the extra zero? Next I tried "@@@@@": ...

Printed 5 documents via Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer - and they are nowhere to be found
I have now printed 5 documents via 'Microsoft Office Doc Image Writer' (.tiff files) - and they are nowhere to be found on my system (Vista Premium & Office 2003)- and it's totally freaking me out?????????? I have hidden/system files visible They are still there each time i print a new document to the same folder because the old ones are still visible via save as dialogue box 1/ Anyone heard of this strange phenomena? 2/ I feel sure that at work it prints to .dmi files (or something) Next time you print to the same folder, take note of what that folder is and then g...

Exchange Server 2003 #7
Does anyone know how to check if there were any blocked emails? What I have is exchange server 2003 getting email from an external pop3 server then delivering the email to differwnt mailboxes within my company. I have been having a problem getting ALL the mail. I think some of it is being blocked somewhere. Thanks in advance, Alma In news:6C3D7561-926F-429C-88EE-A3EA8091A7BB@microsoft.com, Alma <Alma@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Does anyone know how to check if there were any blocked emails? What > I have is exchange server 2003 getting email from an external pop3 >...

Code to adjust column width
Hi, Can anyone help with code to do the following: Row E8:AI8 - each cell contains a value 0 to 100, generally a value of 1 to 20. The total of the row is maximum 100. I would like to adjust the width of the column based on the values for each column. The minimum width would need to be 6 so text is still readable. Thanks in advance Primed Hi Primed This should do it: Sub ColumnAdjust() Set Rng = Range("E8:AI8") For Each cell In Rng If cell.Value >= 6 Then cell.ColumnWidth = cell.Value Else cell.ColumnWidth = 6 End If Ne...

How to create a new invoive model report in CRM 3.0
I need to personalize my invoice report to my company invoice model. How can i do this. Are those models a standard in Reporting Services or CRM 3 forms. Thanks Arnaud MAilly There is a sample called "quote sample report" posted at http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/codegallery.aspx?id=b6499eb0-0eae-4597-b38e-ee9cbc71a404. Please also read the discussion message at reporting seesion to look for more details. One of my colleague is also going to post a set of sample reports, including an invoice sample report, on that site in about a week. You should get a sample report...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 in Citrix 4.0
Hi Together Has anybod more information or experience about the upgrade, deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Citrix 4.0? Thanks for your input, it is appreciated a lot. Regina Hi Regina, Did you get any responses to your question about Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Citrix Presentation Server 4.0? Wondering if you did as we are about to implement same. Thanks and regards, Mandy. Regi wrote: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 in Citrix 4.0 27-May-08 Hi Together Has anybod more information or experience about the upgrade, deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on Citrix 4.0? Thanks for your ...

select range in column, calculate on range plus 3 columns, output in range plus 7 columns
Dear expert, I am trying to write code for the following problem; so far without succes. Can you help? First, sort on column A then select the range in column A based on the same name (e.g. Aa). Second, calculate the average of the corresponding range (rows) but 3 columns to the right, and Third put the average of that range in column 7 (the actual output of the macro): columns: A B C D E F G Aa 4 average of range column D: 5.7 Aa 3 average of range column D: 5.7 Aa 10 average of range column D: 5.7 Bb 2 ...

Problem loading and unloading dynamically a extension dll (MFC 7.0)
Hi I'm using a extension dll in a MFC exe dinamically. This is causing problems with deserialization of objects ! HMODULE h = AfxLoadLibrary(_T("my.dll")); // uses it AfxFreeLibrary(h); After this point, the m_pModuleState->m_classList of the exe CWinApp object is NULL and all CRuntimeClass information are lost ! Someone have a tip ? -- Leandro Gustavo Biss Becker http://go.to/leandrobecker "Leandro Becker" <becker@lit.cpdtt.cefetpr.br> wrote (abridged): > I'm using a extension dll in a MFC exe dinamically. > This is causing problems with des...

CRM 3.0 will now not go back on line
Hello, Really starting to hate the CRM 3.0 product. Apart from being acward to install (demanding a large number of service packs, but not bothing to put them on the CDs), the web interface demanding that you dont have any protection (pop-up blockers, google bars etc) otherwise IE shuts down, and the user guide contridicting the functionality (you can do everything in the Outlook client that you can in the browser, it says. That is, apart from things like client import and a dozen other major tasks), and apart from really useful messages like "the soure file is corrupt" on an impor...

How to Reveal Hidden Formatting Codes?
I want to copy and paste something I've written in Word. When I do this on facebook, there is always a TON of hidden formatting codes that appear at the beginning of the stuff when it is pasted in facebook. Is there ANY WAY to reveal this stuff in Word BEFORE I cut and paste so what I cut and paste does not take up space when character count is at a premium? Sounds like you are pasting a format that cannot be dealt with. Have you considered writing your posts in plain text format (for example in NotePad) instead? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Candy&...

I want to see empty cells instead of 0.0 in number formatting
I have column A, B, and C. Same formula is pasted all the way down the columns. C is a math formula, like =A*B/10. C is formatted a number with precision of 1 decimal place. All works fine. But often A and B are blank and then column C stupidly reports "0.0" even though A and B are blank cells. How do I make column C show blank when A and B are blank? On May 13, 10:47=A0pm, "FN" <sendtonewsgrouponly...@this-not-real.com> wrote: > C is a math formula, like =3DA*B/10. [....] How do I > make column C show blank when A and B are blank? =3Di...

MS CRM 3.0
With MS CRM 3.0 fully installed, we're receiving an error as soon as we enter the system: "An Error has occured. For more information, contatc your system administrator" The error is displayed within the IE interface (that is, it isn't a javascript popup) and within the CRM frames (so we can see the top and left hand menues). However if we try and navigate anyqhere else in the system, the same message persists. Hi, How many memory your SQL and MS CRM Server have? im wondering if it could be a memory problem... "NA" wrote: > With MS CRM 3.0 fully insta...

Scroll bars #5
The size of the scroll bars is really bugging me in 2000. Anyone know how to change the size of them. How bad is this NY eve and playing with Excel......:) Cheers -- Embalmer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Embalmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17907 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497171 What specifically bugs you? Too big? Too small? You can change the width of the scroll bars. Right click on the Windows Desktop, choose Properties, then the Appearance tab. ...

date stamp #5
Is there a way to date stamp a cell by clicking on it and not hae it change the next time that you open the file? Thank you For today's date: Ctrl + ; or for the time: Ctrl + Shift + ; -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AD5C785-E946-4143-BA10-C03910848E68@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to date stamp a cell by clicking on it and not hae it change > the next time that you open the file? > > Thank you You'd have to use an event macro ...

number formatting #5
> Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to numbers. I have > a colunm with number lemgths between 1 and 7 digets and need them all > to be 10 diget's long. I have no trouble with adding the zero's as > headers but needt hem as trailers. Thanks. Thanks all for the replys. I was hoping I could do it through the - "Format Cell, number, custom" tools built into Excel but can only put leading zeros and not trailing ones. Thanks again ...

Archiving #7
When I tried to archive my old accounts, Money would only let me select from a list of my Bank Accounts, Credit Accounts, Loans & Liabilities, and Asset Accounts. The check-off listing did not include any of my Investment Accounts. How can I archive my Investment Accounts if they do not show up in the check-off list for selection? You can't. Yet another limitation of archiving is that it doesn't deal with investment accounts. "Larry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5d9401c400d3$ce82e200$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I tried to ar...

Error Code 1309 in Outlook 2003
I have just installed Office 2003. Outlook works great under the adminstrators account, however, I have a power user (local) that, when attempting to start Outlook, gets the error code 1309. This happens after the Windows Installer has been invoked. I have searched and looked everywhere for a possible reason. It only happens in this one instance. The installation of Office was a local one and the computer is NOT a part of any network. Does anyone have a possible clue as to why this is happening, I'm going "nuts" trying to figure it out! ...

Problem Upgrading to 3.0
Hi, I'm having a problem upgrading a test 1.2 server to 3.0. The setup runs for quite a while then gives the following error message: Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004415D Any ideas anyone? Wayne Hi Wayne, I had the same problem. Bizarrely enough the problem relates to an out of date registration key. Speak to Microsoft and get them to send you a new key. Then run the upgrade. Bob should then be your uncle Ta s Wayne wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having a problem upgrading a test 1.2 server to 3.0. The setup > ...