Closed Purchase Orders should be automatically moved to history.

Closed Purchase Orders should be automatically moved to history.

From case 8479058:

Customer feels that once a PO is closed, it should automatically move to
Historical Purchase Orders and out of Open Purchase Orders. They feel having
to run the Routine should be unnecessary:

From customer:

"In my humble opinion, this feature is not functioning properly, and should
be brought to Microsoft’s attention. The closed PO’s show an origin of “Open
PO”. Users should not be expected to understand Microsoft’s database
philosophy of open vs. history. It should be seamless."

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ec97979b-249a-4503-afdf-d3fcf6c0c11d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

You can easily work around this by writing a macro to login to GP, run
the routine, then log out and scheduling that to run nightly by calling
a .bat file with scheduled task on a PC or process server.

Charisse Arpafo wrote:
> Closed Purchase Orders should be automatically moved to history.
>
> From case 8479058:
>
> Customer feels that once a PO is closed, it should automatically move to
> Historical Purchase Orders and out of Open Purchase Orders. They feel having
> to run the Routine should be unnecessary:
>
> From customer:
>
> "In my humble opinion, this feature is not functioning properly, and should
> be brought to Microsoft's attention. The closed PO's show an origin of "Open
> PO". Users should not be expected to understand Microsoft's database
> philosophy of open vs. history. It should be seamless."
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ec97979b-249a-4503-afdf-d3fcf6c0c11d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
michaelj2 (180)
3/2/2006 7:35:53 PM
It should be an option. There are times when being able to reopen a closed
purchase order is needed (given that vendors all operate differently). You
can't edit PO status once it's been sent to history.

Personally, I never really agreed with people who wanted everything to be
super simple, yet also expected functionality and business metrics to be very
advanced and detailed. There's no magic in ERP software.

"Charisse Arpafo" wrote:

> Closed Purchase Orders should be automatically moved to history.
>
> From case 8479058:
>
> Customer feels that once a PO is closed, it should automatically move to
> Historical Purchase Orders and out of Open Purchase Orders. They feel having
> to run the Routine should be unnecessary:
>
> From customer:
>
> "In my humble opinion, this feature is not functioning properly, and should
> be brought to Microsoft’s attention. The closed PO’s show an origin of “Open
> PO”. Users should not be expected to understand Microsoft’s database
> philosophy of open vs. history. It should be seamless."
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ec97979b-249a-4503-afdf-d3fcf6c0c11d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
EM (42)

Move Outlook data to another computer
Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J.J asked: | Purchased a new laptop. How do i backup and move outlook | 2003 from my desktop to my laptop. ...

Automatic spellcheck turns itself off in Outlook 2003
I have a problem with automatic spell-checking turning off in Outlook 2003. We have about 50 users (some are on Outlook 2007 and some are on Outlook 2003 - all run off of Exchange 2003 server) and this problem only affects a handful of them (all affected users seem to be on Outlook 2003, although it doesn't affect all Outlook 2003 users). We will turn automatic spell-check on for them and then a day or two later, it stops working. When we go back and check under Options, it is no longer set. (Also, it is no longer checking spelling as you go/underlining in red misspelled words). ...

Sheet to close
Why won't this work? oldjayo Sub test() Dim wsShtToSave As Worksheet Set wsShtToSave = ActiveSheet If wsShtToSave= "Master" Then ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End If End Sub Activesheet.name= try this simpler version Sub CloseifMaster() If ActiveSheet.Name = "Master" Then With ActiveWorkbook 'one dot only .Save .Close End With End If End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "oldjay" <oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

Automatic transactions download setup
I would like to set up transaction downloads for an account at a mutual fund brokerage. I have one account with seven different funds. When I tried to add this account for auto downloads, it made each of the funds accounts, and ignored the exsiting account. I have not had this problem with other brokerages. Why on this one? It is American Century. Thanks When you go onto the web site of American Century, does each fund show up under 1 account or under separate accounts? -- Neil "Globfly" <Globfly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE23B547-5E89-4...

How do I cut closely in 2003
In Pub 2000 you used to be able to press an icon and it would give you loads of points aroung a picture, so you could then cut it and remove backgrounds or if you wanted to no have it so rigid around the edges, I now have Pub 2003 and I cannot seem to get this all I can get it a square crop Can anyone help? Place your cursor anywhere on the edge of the image, click and a new point will automatically be created. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tessywessy" <tessywessy@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Moving Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Greetings! <br> My Inbox has 142 messages. (I just started a new account, imported mail from other Squirrel Mail, and didn't know about storage limits.) Entourage is moving sloooowly, takes forever to delete a message, download messages, and now the send button will not even highlight for me to send a replied to message. <br><br>So now I want to move those 142 messages to a folder on my hard drive and then delete the messages from my Entourage mailbox. How do I do this? &l...

How to automatically rearrange data on a worksheet.
Hi all. I am a noob when it comes to Excel, so I hope there is some of yo gurus who can help me out with a probably trivial problem. Thing is, I have a program that automatically logs data to a CSV file All the data is added sequentally to the file. If I open it with Excel it looks like this: Code ------------------- VarName TimeString VarValue Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:41 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:41 2 Test_tag_02 20-10-2005 13:41 3 Test_tag_03 20-10-2005 13:41 4 Test_tag_00 20-10-2005 13:48 1 Test_tag_01 20-10-2005 13:48 2 Test_ta...

Just ordered Quicken 2010 to replace Money Plus Premium
Going to give it a shot and see what happens. I've read threads here and other places and it seems that the problems are usually minor and correctable. Don't recall any showstoppers. Has anyone accumulated the issues and workarounds where necessary, or suggested tips, like removing the password first? I have data going back to 1995 (I've had every version of Money since then) and last time I looked, it was over 60,000 transactions in total. Also, unrelated, but is there an Excel addin like MoneyLink that lets you import data directly into Excel? I have found that feature insanel...

Invoicing select lines (or "releases") from a Sales Order
In Great Plains 7.5... I'm trying to choose the best way to handle a very common business transaction we encounter with sales orders having multiple releases. For example, a customer orders 300 Widgets as 3 lines of 100 widgets each. Each line has a different delivery due date, such as 100 pcs Feb 1, 100 pcs Mar 1, and 100 pcs Apr 1. The problem happens when we go to "transfer to invoice" for the individual releases. We want a clear for the invoice to be only for a particular release, and for it to be clear in the original order as to what lines still remain to be s...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

Moving OE msgs to win 7 WLM?
Moving msgs and multiple subfolders from OE (current) to new Win 7 Home Premium machine. Had to do this once before and had bigtime troubles! Want to do it right this time. Can someone point me in the right direction? -- Thanks for viewing... Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For Messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to a flash drive. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you ...

stop mail from automatically downloading
Please help! How do i stop e-mail from automatically downloading when I start Outlook? I don't always want my mail downloaded and can't find any help on this subject anywhere! I was also advised to try this: When you close Outlook while working in Off-line mode File-> Work Off Line. Outlook will also start in Off-line mode. I'm going to try them both Thank you >-----Original Message----- >Referring to Outlook 2000 (assume other versions not too different): > >Tools>Options>Mail Delivery. Uncheck "Check for messages ...." Messages will not be down...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

All Columns are not to move
How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? -- Roger On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:28:39 -0800, Roger <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? You'll have to explain what on Earth you're talking about, Roger. What columns are "moving"? How? John W. Vinson [MVP] Good evening John, I found my own answer:by bringing the cursor to the first cell, the first column will not scroll to the left anymore; however, when I bring the cursor to any other cell and scroll to the rig...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

Outlook 2003: Cursor automatically in To box when
Whenever I create a new message; reply to one; or forward one in Outlook 2003 on a machine I inherited from someone else at work, the blinking text cursor is automatically placed in the To box. I've never seen this happen before in Outlook or any other email app and its quite annoying. I end up having to either retype the beginning of my message again in the body of the email or cut and paste what i've already began to type. Please help, DMarrs@biziteks.com On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:16:12 -0700, <DMarrs@biziteks.com> wrote: >Whenever I create a new message; reply to one...

Moving comment box leader arrow head
Can I move the position of the head of a comment arrow from one corner of the cell it references to another corner? When I display the comment box/arrow for printing it looks as if it is refering to the cell on the right, since the comment arrow points to the upper-right corner of the cell, instead of the upper-left. Francisco ...

Moving Range Problem
Hi all, I'm trying to build a 6 Sigma control chart into an excel workbook. In order to do this i need to be able to work out a formula for the moving range. I need the following : Eg Data sample : 210 , 425 , 600 , 550 , 450 , 470 The moving range is the distance from second to the first, third to the second etc eg A B C D E F Data Sample 210 , 425 , 600 , 550 , 450 , 470 Moving Range 215, 175 , 50 , 100 , 20 The problem I'm having is trying to get excel to work it out. If say 210 was in A1 i ...

move axes and axis labels behind data points on scatter chart
I'm working with a series of XY scatter charts that all pull data from the same worksheet. They are all copied from the "original" scatter chart and then just have the cell references changed so that the formatting stays consistent across the series. (The charts will be shown sequentially and I don't want anything changing other than the location of the data points.) However, on some of the charts, the axis and/ or the axis label appers on top/ in front of some of the data points and behind/ under other data points (which is what I want - the axes and labels behind th...

Timeout issues on Sales Orders with many Products
Hi all, I'm experiencing timeout issues with Sales Orders that have 25-30 products on the Order Detail level. I haven't found any documentation on this particular issue. Has any ever seen this before? I'm a little loathe to start reindexing the tables, especially considering the SalesOrderDetail table has less than 300 rows. -Luke ...

Moving .pst files to a new computer
When trying to import .pst files into the new computer the following error message comes up: \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. I am using Office 2003 What's up? What version of Outlook were you using on the original computer? "Paladin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057101c396c4$29533060$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to import .pst files into the new computer > the following error message comes up: > > \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the > P...

Activate Purchase Button in Asset General Information window
Hi there, Does anyone know how to make the purchase button from the Asset General Information window appear (Cards >> Fixed Assets >> General) What I'm trying to do is get the link enabled between the Transaction entry window and the Asset General information window. I've create an entry and posted it, by the purchase does not appear. Thanks for your help. Hi Ian You should re-visit your Fixed Assets Company setup window as that is where you tell the system that you want the link between the purchase transaction and the Fixed Assets module. Hope that helps Sheila ...

How to reopen and make changes to a closed contract
I have been reading the blog from ms dynamics team about opening and changing a closed appointment: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/03/08/how-to-reopen-a-closed-appointment-and-make-changes-to-the-file.aspx I'm trying to do the same thing with a contract. the code I used is almost the same. I changed "Appointment" with "Contract" and the state and state Reason: state code : ' <ContractState>Active</ContractState>'+ state Reason: ' <ContractStatus>3</ContractStatus>'+ see also http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a...