close dynamics after macro

Hi

A tool similar to autodim.exe, which would close down dynamics.exe after a
macro has been completed would be nice.  autodim.exe requires you to run an
integration which we don't want to do.  This would enable us to schedule a
task which takes some time (eg cashbook batch posting in v8) for overnight.

Thanks
Graham

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=06a49973-d1b0-4438-8b0c-ab1eba96f964&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Hi Graham

I have a little VBA example which can be used to close Great Plains down
after completing some process.  If you have Modifier & VBA registered you can
use this example to close GP after any background processes have completed.

If you are interested, please get your MBS Partner to contact me using the
email address below (remove the online. first).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Graham Anderson" wrote:

> Hi
>
> A tool similar to autodim.exe, which would close down dynamics.exe after a
> macro has been completed would be nice.  autodim.exe requires you to run an
> integration which we don't want to do.  This would enable us to schedule a
> task which takes some time (eg cashbook batch posting in v8) for overnight.
>
> Thanks
> Graham
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=06a49973-d1b0-4438-8b0c-ab1eba96f964&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
3/7/2006 1:20:30 PM
David:

I am interested in your VBA script that closes GP.  I am using a VBA script
that kicks off GP and Integration Manager, runs an integration and closes
both IM and GP.  Everything works great except the method used to close GP
doesn't seem very reliable and the app sometimes does not close.  Which
causes a problem the next time it is scheduled.  How do I obtain your script?

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Graham
>
> I have a little VBA example which can be used to close Great Plains down
> after completing some process.  If you have Modifier & VBA registered you can
> use this example to close GP after any background processes have completed.
>
> If you are interested, please get your MBS Partner to contact me using the
> email address below (remove the online. first).
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Graham Anderson" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > A tool similar to autodim.exe, which would close down dynamics.exe after a
> > macro has been completed would be nice.  autodim.exe requires you to run an
> > integration which we don't want to do.  This would enable us to schedule a
> > task which takes some time (eg cashbook batch posting in v8) for overnight.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Graham
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=06a49973-d1b0-4438-8b0c-ab1eba96f964&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
VGrinam (75)
7/9/2007 9:10:03 PM

"VGrinam" wrote:

> David:
>
> I am interested in your VBA script that closes GP.  I am using a VBA script
> that kicks off GP and Integration Manager, runs an integration and closes
> both IM and GP.  Everything works great except the method used to close GP
> doesn't seem very reliable and the app sometimes does not close.  Which
> causes a problem the next time it is scheduled.  How do I obtain your script?
>

> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Graham
> >
> > I have a little VBA example which can be used to close Great Plains down
> > after completing some process.  If you have Modifier & VBA registered you can
> > use this example to close GP after any background processes have completed.
> >
> > If you are interested, please get your MBS Partner to contact me using the
> > email address below (remove the online. first).
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer
> > MBS Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Graham Anderson" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > A tool similar to autodim.exe, which would close down dynamics.exe after a
> > > macro has been completed would be nice.  autodim.exe requires you to run an
> > > integration which we don't want to do.  This would enable us to schedule a
> > > task which takes some time (eg cashbook batch posting in v8) for overnight.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Graham
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=06a49973-d1b0-4438-8b0c-ab1eba96f964&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

MATCH, LOOKUP, macro?
I have a list of 176 items and another list of 870 items. I need to see if the items in the smaller list are on the bigger list. There is no guarentee of any ascending or descending sort order. And I need to match two values in the same row. So: IF (A2 is in B2:B871) _ AND **in the same row** C2 matches the value in col D _ THEN return "Yes" MATCH and LOOKUP seem to require a sort order. And I'm not sure how to use the row number with those. I could cobble together a macro, but I thought a built-in function might be faster and easier (not to mention I might actuall...

Year-end Close
I have just joined a company, and need to run a year-end process so that the balances get carried forward into the new financial year. Does anyone know which buttons to push? Thank you. Adrian, Take a look at the following KB article: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888003. It will go through the GL year end closing process step by step and give you a lot of additional information. To access this and other GP knowledgebase articles you will need access to CustomerSource - if you don't already have it, someone in your company or your GP Part...

Excel 2003 Not Closing
Iam evaluating Office Professional 2003. All seems fine, apart from Excel, which will not close! It will open files, and I can close the files, re-open them, save them etc., but I Cannot exit the program itself, which is somewhat annoying! ...

Year End Close #2
It would be realatively easy to print Financial Statements for a new year before closing the prior year. Every GL account has the account type, Bal. Sheet Account or Profit & Loss Account. In the first period of the new year, any trx for a Bal Sheet account, prior to the year end date, would be "rolled forward" into a BBF and inlcuded in the trial balance, TB Worksheet, or Financial Statement. Any P&L type account dated prior to the year end date, would be included in the BBF in the Retained Earnings Account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...

Just an FYI, since there doesn't seem to be a solution posted anywhere on the web, at least that I could find. If you want to search using dynamic dates, at least in the case of finding items older than a certain relative date, such as more than 30 days old, I used the following criteria successfully in Outlook 2007: Advanced Find > Advanced (tab) > Field: Sent Condition: On or after Value: 30 days ago ...

Macro to insert to move values of a cell to next cell in the same row
Hello, I would like to know the Macro code for Moving the Values of a cell to next cell based upon values in a particular cell. Ex:- Col A(DATE) Col B(0-30 Days) Col C(30-60days) ColD(60-90day) Jan-05 10 Feb-05 10 Based upon date in Col A i want move the value in col b and c to the next cell.Basically this for aging the items in the work sheet Hi There, Can anyone pls give the code for this query. Pls help ...

greyed out close button
I have Excel 2002 and cannot figure out why the close button is greye out. Can anyone tell me how to active this button. thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have a greyed out close button and a co-worker has a greyed out minimize button. If you find out what to do please let me know. Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >I have Excel 2002 and cannot figure out why the close button is greyed >out. Can anyone tell me how to active this...

macro button on spreadsheet
I know how to create a macro and how to attach it to a button on the toolbar. What I would like to do is place a button out on the worksheet to run the macro. When I follow the directions in help it doesn't work. THANKS for the help. I am using Excel 2002. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Are you able to create the button? How did you create the button -- via the Forms toolbar or the Controls Toolbox? Can you create it but don't know how to tell it to run your macro? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:07:01 -0700, "SheriTingle" <Sh...

Need help creating macros
Hi there, For whatever reason when our system compiles data into Excel 2003 it creates a worksheet that looks like this (for example): Purple Purple Purple Purple Purple Green Green Green Blue Blue Blue Blue Red Red Red Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Yellow Orange Orange Orange Brown Brown Brown Brown Teal Teal Teal Black Black Black Black Grey Grey ...

Purchase Receipt posting to closed period
We have a problem with the invoice matching activity in the system in regards to closed G/L periods. For example: - The receiving is done in period 2 (February) - Two weeks later the supplier invoice comes in with a different cost, it is now period 3 (March). Period 2 is now closed The system will flag these transactions and prevent the posting because the period is closed but will "place" them in the master posting with the date from the previous period. So it is smart enough to identify that the period is closed but dumb enough to generate the transactions wi...

activate macro
how do i automatically run a macro when i move from one worksheet to another. ie select another worksheet, then automatically run a specific macro pat Patrick, Put this sub in the ThisWorkbook module. Sh will be the worksheet that was just activated. Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox Sh.Name ' take out the line above and put in your code End Sub -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets ...

Macro if criteria
Hi, i have two macros. (macro 1 and macro 2) I need macro 1 to run if in A1 is "JOHN", in B1 is "MARY" and if C1 is empty ; and macro 2 to run if in A1 is "JIM", in B1 is "CRIS" and in C1 is "BOB". Can this be done? Thanks! Seems simple If Range("A1").Value2 = "JOHN" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = "MARY" And _ Range("C1").Value2 = "" Then Call Macro1 ElseRange("A1").Value2 = "JIM" And _ Range("B1").Value2 = &...

Error Message upon closing OL2000
Everytime I close OL2000, I get this error message: Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks! OUTLOOK executed an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:017617fe. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=017617fe EFLGS=00010297 EBX=01760b48 SS=016f ESP=0056fc3c EBP=0056fc78 ECX=01760b48 DS=016f ESI=0056fc6c FS=298f EDX=00000000 ES=016f EDI=017617fc GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8e 30 00 00 00 00 d0 0b 76 01 b1 79 00 00 20 00 Stack dump: 017617fc 01760bec 01760b48 04001097 017617fc 00078300 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000060 00000003 00000000 00000000 ...

writing my first Macro
Hello, I am trying to write a macro for the first time in OUTLOOK 2000. I find this will help me cause I don't get around very well. But am having trouble to write one in the VBA. Can you show me how to simply write a few sentences that I can "automatically" include in an email reply to someone. Or if you can send me just a very simple sample or example of a macro that has a small paragraph email. that would be great. I have been looking on "google for hours" now, and all I could find was this sample below, but all it does is put in the "subject l...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically) #2
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

My code stops after the record saves....form never closes
Users are going into to update a number, and they want to close the form before the record gets saved, thus losing their changes. I created an Exit button, which should save the record change and close the form. Here's the code: If Me.Dirty Then RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord End If Forms![frmRMSHours]![Act Hours] = Me![Text9] DoCmd.Close If the record is dirty, they press Exit and the record saves. They have to press Exit again and the form closes. If the record is not dirty, the form will close when pressing Exit. What am I doing wrong? To save ...

excel
I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that contains text like a customer name. Record your macro to include the File > SaveAs, then edit that line of code. Instead of ... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY2006" ..., you might use .... Filename:="\\FinancialReporting\FY" & range("B2").value ... "bossman tv" wrote: > I am trying to write a macro to save a excel spreadsheet and use a cell that > contains text like a customer name. ...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

Button fails to call macro when open an Excel via Intranet
Hi all, Can someone help me with my with this problem. I have an Excel file with a button to run a small macro: unhide and displys worksheets. It works when the file is opened with Excel. The macro is simple: Sub Button1_Click() Sheets("FF").Visible = True Sheets("FF").Select Range("C1").Select End Sub I need to open it from an intranet site. When user selects the file, the web app retrieves the file and responses to open an Excel file. But on the intrenet I get the following error massage "The macro "GenerateResource.aspx?Resour...

Dynamic sorting of rows of data.
Hi, I have data in Column B thru V. Row no 1 is header row. Data extends till lets say row number Z where Z keeps on changing depending on the amount of data. For calculating the value of Z, I use the no of entries in column F as the basis ( as it could be possible that cell B59, C 59 has no data but F59 will have data) This Z is calculated within the VB code and designated as the variable "rowcount". Now comes the real ( and difficult part)... I want to sort the above data. I recorded the macro as per my sorting specifications and got the following code: Rows("2:" ...

Closing orders
After we receive and order, we create the invoice with the create invoice button, however the order is still there as "new" or "pending". Is there any way to "close" the order as having been received? (CRM is expecting that you would be integrated to an accounting system) You could write a manual workflow rule to set the order status to Submitted and order status reason to (whatever); you may be able to get the workflow to trigger on something more useful like creating an invoice, but I haven't tried that Peter "Biyoojok" <biyoojok@gmail...

How to insert a Macro within a macro?
I have a sub Format() and I want another macro called: AddRows() To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro. What I did doesn't work. I had Sub Format() ..... ..... Sub AddRows() End sub ..... End Sub. How can I do this? try Sub Format() stuff call AddRows() End sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:178701c50d68$f99f8c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a sub Format() > > and I want another macro called: AddRows() > > To run in the middle of the sub Format()Macro...

Hotfix for Dynamics GP 9.0
I am trying to setup an auto-update for the GP hotfix. I have installed it on the server, and upgraded databases. I set the Client updates and pathed to the .msp file. When I launch GP and log in as a user it prompts to update, then immediately gives a message that it has completed the update. However it has done absolutely nothing, when i try to go back in I get the same message to update, and the version has not changed any either. I am the administrator on this machine. HELP Please! Thanks Does the user account that is logged into the workstation OS have write rights to the Dynamics...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...