Client install package

Is there any chance of a service pack having the ability to create a new
package at the relevant SP level. As currentl;y you have to install a client
with the package and then service pack the install.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=935131c6-797e-47fe-a15e-72252d644c9c&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

I don't have an answer, but I also have the same question.  The package is
great, but having to apply the service pack kind of defeats the purpose.

--
--JIM--

"Nick Wilson" wrote:

> Is there any chance of a service pack having the ability to create a new
> package at the relevant SP level. As currentl;y you have to install a client
> with the package and then service pack the install.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=935131c6-797e-47fe-a15e-72252d644c9c&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
JimL3670 (35)

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

CRM Laptop Client for Outlook / TCP Ports
I was asked by our System/Network Administrator to give him an official list (Supplied by Microsoft) containing all TCP Ports that need to be opened on a Firewall in order to enable remote users to connect to the CRM server through CRM Laptop Client for Outlook. Is there such a list? Where can I find it? If not then what do you recommend we should do in order to know (ALL) the used TCP Ports by CRM Laptop client ? Thanks Here are the server ports SUMMARY This article discusses what ports Microsoft CRM uses to communicate to IIS and SQL Server. MORE INFORMATION SQL Server uses the ...

Install SQL 2008 express sp1
I download SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe (sql 2008 express sp1)from microsoft but do not know how to install sp1 from this exe file. Can someone help me? Is there any site can download sp1 only? -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201007/1 aspfun via SQLMonster.com (u53138@uwe) writes: > I download SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe (sql 2008 express sp1)from microsoft but do > not know how to install sp1 from this exe file. > Can someone help me? Is there any site can download sp1 only? Have a look at http://www.google.se/#hl=sv&so...

Outlook Client
Hi Is there a way to lockdown the settings on the Synchronize tab (under the CRM | Options menu) so users cannot change them? In particular the options which specify what entities get synchonized from CRM to Outlook. TJ Hi, Unfortunately I don't think you can do this - at least not unless you can do some programming that can do it. We are also hoping that this area will be improved, beacuse the way it works is just rubbish. It's just too cumbersome to modify/add filters from an admin point of view and it's not something the user should be able to mess with. I know that C...

Running CRM client as normal user. Getting SQL errors (offline mode)
Hi there, I'm at a company where they have a policy to not make users administrator. Also I have administrator rights, but no access to CRM, so I can install the client, but that's about it. Several of the users have gotten an offline installation but now get the message 'Action microsoft.crm.config.common.install databaseAction create database permission denied in database master'. Any idea how to solve this? Also have 1 or 2 with a 'SQLDumper library failed initialization. Your installation is either corrupt or has been tampered'. Please uninstall then re-run set...

foxpro 2.6 installation in Win XP
How do I load Microsoft Foxpro for windows 2.6 on to my new XP machine? It looks for drive d: in the installation. Is their a way around this problem? ...

CRM Contacts
I had a user complain about this issue, does an answer/explanation jump out at anyone? Had issue where CRM sent all CRM contacts into his personal Outlook (he has since deleted them and backed up his actual contacts from his Palm Pilot) Thanks, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net In one of the SFO folders, say Accounts, select Tools/Options. At the bottom of the screen the last section is titled "Create Microsoft CRM Items in my default Outlook folders". If you uncheck the Contacts box then next time you go offline contacts will not be copied from CRM down to Outlook contacts. T...

Report Services Client Side
Is there a newsgroup for ReportViewer questions? Thanks, Bernie ...

CRM Client make Outlook crash
Hi All ... I'm having a problem with some of my users' installation and it seems to be only on laptops. The CRM client worked for a while then all of a sudden, and for no particular reason the Outlook froze ... The only thing that can make Outlook work again is to uninstall the CRM Client. I'm working with CRM 3.0 and Outlook 2003 ... it is the 3rd one this morning (in1 month) Any one seen this before ??? Thanks Hi Frank, You may need to contact Microsoft support. They have a hotfix for an Office 2003 issue that causes Outlook to crash, but it is not yet generally availa...

Frx Reports to be use on other client machines without installing
Hi, I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want to run these reports on other clients machine without installing the Frx. Can u please tell me the correct way. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Dexdev" wrote: > Hi, > > I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance > sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want t...

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

install
We no longer have a maintenance agreement on our Great Plains. I need to install on a new machine but can't remember the steps. Can I get the instructions? -- Jkizzier If you have the Great Plains CDs, there is an installation manual on them. The exact location varies depending on what version you have, but I would start by looking on the first CD for a folder called Documentation. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Jkizzier" <Jkizzier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20A2BA5-120C-47E6-B187-F895237926DF@microsoft.com... > We no ...

new install email
Just installed CRM 1.2 and receiving an error message when sending email in the web client. "Missing Microsoft CRM key" I am sending the email to another user, I have a license and all roles including administrator. Anyone have an idea this is a brand new install Hi, Did you install the Exchange router ? if so can you check if this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM\mailserverurl is set on your CRM server ? -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni en l'�tat, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et ne vous conf�re aucun droit....

Remove package in GP7.5
Is there a way to completely remove a modified package that has been imported into Great Plains and if so how? Thanks Hi I can see two options: 1) If you know what forms and/or reports are changed by the package, you can go into the VBA editor and delete the scripts for those forms and/or reports. Then use Advanced Security's by Alternate, Modified and Custom view to remove security access to the modified forms and/or reports. Then you can go into the report writer and remove the reports from VBA and delete the modified report. Then from Great Plains, open the windows and rem...

Office :Mac wont start from fresh installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel 1.Office 4 Mac was removed ( due to slow performance of the web services version) using the tools provided. 2. When a fresh install was made from the legally downloaded .dmg , the system installed but no request for registration popped up ! so no name or product ID was requested. ! 3. when installation was complete, clicking on entourage would bring up Product update then when no update is available , the entourage closes down. 4. trying (3) again would bring up the update window again. how dop i resolve this issue ? th...

Set Outlook 2000 as default mail client.
Hi all, My problem is I use a 3rd party Fax client that uses MS Outlook 2000. Recently, a user opened Outlook Express and it asked to set itself as the default mail client. The user hit yes and now Outlook 2000 can't work with the Fax client. What happens is the Fax client (GFI Faxmaker) needs to have Outlook 2000 set as the default mail client in order to work. I can find NOWHERE to set Outlook 2000 as the default client. I can easily do it in Outlook Express for some reason, but not in Outlook 2000. I've tried removing Outlook 2000 to no avail. I don't want to have to...

CRM Laptop Client Connection Issue
Recently we registered ASP.Net2 on IIS in order to install a custom ASP.Net2 application on a CRM machine... Afterwards all sorts of problems occured of which we couldn't connect to CRM anymore. So we figured out that it could be an ASPNet version issue because we found that the main Web Site and sub sites like Microsoft CRM 3.0 now were using ASP.Net v2, so we changed these from properties, and we changed the master Web Site from the Properties > Virtual Directory Configuration to point to the Framework 1.4 rather than 2.0. Now, we managed to get CRM back to work and we are a...

Project Server 2010 Beta Questions re: SharePoint 2010 Beta and Windows client requirement
Does SharePoint 2010 Beta come with the Project Server 2010 Beta or do we need to download SharePoint 2010 Beta separately? If so, which SharePoint 2010 Beta needs to be downloaded, "Enterprise CAL Features" or "For Internet Sites Beta, Enterprise"? Am I correct in reading (in MSPROJECTEXPERTS documentation) that "Windows Vista or higher" is required for the client? Folks, we never went to Vista and just now are looking at upgrading users from XP to Windows 7 - not across the board either. If you MUST be running Windows 7 to even use PWA, that is ...

Migrating CRM Installation
We are upgrading CRM from SBS. As a result, we have 2 new servers 1 which will be the new CRM database and the other will be the new CRM server (the old SBS server will be used for something else). As far as porting the database is the following post still valid (i.e. required steps for doing so - I hope not...): http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/msg/73b69b842b0e6bc3 As far as porting the crm server, how do I ensure that the new install will be compatible with the ported database? That is, the 'revision' of the new server is different from the revision in the...

RE: Watch this correction package which came from the MS
--oqozwzrn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="hottzlrrnimkmgo"; type="multipart/alternative" --hottzlrrnimkmgo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nxlbledbpk" --nxlbledbpk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect yo...

Installing mailbox manager in Exch 5.5
I am trying to install Mailbox Manager in Exchange 5.5 and I keep getting the error "unable to install MBClean99 admin extension" during the install. Then the install fails. I cannot get past this. I am logged in as the exch service account and it definately has permissions to write to the "add-ins" directory. I have exch 5.5, sp4 on win2000 member server. thx, Clay Hilton http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843495 On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:42:36 -0500, "Clay Hilton" <chilton@jam.rr.com> wrote: >I am trying to install Mailbox Ma...

Money 2005 Installation woes
I get two errors. When I attempt to INternet Update I get "Money was not able to properly install Online Services. If you want to use your Online Service, please reinstall Money from your original product disks". For all other commands I get "Your security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded". I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, delete temp files, reinstall 2004 uninstall and then reinstall 2005, disable Mcafee, disable SP2 security center, change the Internet security setting, nothing seems to work. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Bwhit...

Planning CRM 3.0 SBE Install
I am planning a new deployment of CRM 3.0 SBE. I will be performing a new SBS install to deploy on. Typically I have setup private networks using domain.local for the domain. These implementations use offsite mail servers. For CRM it looks like using a public domain might be better that using the POP3 connector to pull mail from our public mail server. I am also investigating migrating Goldmine 6.7 (dbase) data to MS CRM. Gotchas, recommendations, and comments would be appreciated. Thank You. John Miller ...

Missing Emails after Clean Install of SBS 2003 from SBS 2000
Recently, I did a clean install of SBS Premium 2003. The client was using SBS 2000. Before formatting the drive (2 partitions) I backed up (and verified by restoring selected files) shares and the Exchange 2000 Information Store. The server also had an additional unused hard drive that I formatted and then copied the user and company shares to and allowed the copy to run overnight. All OK with the data copy. I also exported the MS Outlook Mailbox - User Name .pst to the users' desktops and allowed it to run overnight. Two users had .pst's upwards of 1.2 and 1.84 GB. The .pst'...

Simple Client Server design
I have an application receiving data every minute or so which needs to broadcast that data to any other subscribing application on the network. My dilemma is how best to implement this. There could be times when there are no clients and times when there is no server. I am not sure whether to use a Named Pipe or an Asynchronous Socket or some other option. Currently the client is polling for a NamedPipe to appear and send it data (on a seperate thread), which obviously slows down everything on that machine if the server isn't there. I can't work out how to implement non-polling waiting...