Chart of Accounts Details

Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a
chart of account id?

You can use an Alphanumeric chart but proceed carefully - it often proved to
be impractical and rigid.

HS

"Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message
> Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a
> chart of account id?

0
HSalim (1270)
6/28/2004 8:18:26 PM
Some auditors have problems with alpha account numbers. Proceed with
caution.

"Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message
> Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a
> chart of account id?

0
dh
6/28/2004 8:29:22 PM
Aplhanumeric.

We use it to discern different state revenue and expenses --- GL accts are
DDD-AAAA-SS  where D = Dept #, A = Acct # and SS is Postal code for state

Auditors approve, it is not rigid, and works extremley well.

Since Account numbers are a personal decision for each business, there is no
right or wrong and as long as the data within the accounts are being handled
correctly there will be no problems

"Royden Akerley" <royden.akerley@brascanpower.com> wrote in message
: Can you use alphanumerics or just numerics when defining a
: chart of account id?

0
nospam202 (664)

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

No aggregate on chart??
I have the following sql code that I grabbed from the sql view: TRANSFORM Max(ChartQuery.amount) AS MaxOfamount SELECT ChartQuery.period FROM ChartQuery GROUP BY ChartQuery.period PIVOT ChartQuery.store; My question is that I do not want to use an aggregate for the amount? If the amounts ranges from 0 - 100000 then that is what I would like displayed on the left (y) of the chart. Can this be done, it seems simple enough? HELP! I put off responding to this because I don't really understand the question; seems that no-one else did either, from the lack of replies. Since you have a cros...

Just upgraded test 3.0 install to 4.0, weird error when opening account?
We are working on a full implementation to crm 3.0 in our office. Still working out some of the bug there. So, we decided to upgrade our test box to 4.0, so we can see if any of the bug we are having are worked out in 4.0. It appears that maybe they are... YAY :) But, when i open an account in 4.0, i get an error box that i have to hit OK 4 times, then everything is alright, and i can see the account, and check everything out. here is the error that is in the bottom of the pop up: http://127.0.0.1:5555/companyname/_common/error/dlg_error.aspx?hresult=Not%20available&errmessage= Tha...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Downloaded "Fitness Chart for Males" need it in metric?
The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version available? Hi, This says it metric. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC010762691033.aspx?CategoryID=CT010482871033 Cheers Andy Bewildered wrote: > The template is set in imperial measurement, is there a metric version > available? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Handling ATM transactions showing up in my checking account
How can I handle this - an ATM withdrawl shows that money has been removed, yet doesn't account for where it goes. Prior to Money Plus, I used an Excel spreadsheet to track expenses. In the spreadsheet format, I disregarded ATM transaction and opted to put my expenses into the spreadsheet. Now with Money Plus - it brings in my ATM withdrawls automatically. Any suggestions how do I override the ATM transactons so I can see the true expenses? Thanks, Jack In microsoft.public.money, Jack Ferrell <Jack Ferrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I handle this - an...

How do I show summary totals from a pivot table on a bar chart
I created a pivot table which shows the both individual and grand totals based on the fields I selected. I then created a bar chart based on this pivot table. What I would like to do is show the grand totals as well as the individual totals. Is this possible, if so how do I do it? When I try this (link to the pivot table's summary total) I get an error saying not a valid function. The function line contains =GETPIVOTDATA("Personnel no.",'P2'!$A$3) "Jon Peltier" wrote: > Colleen - > > You can add textboxes to the chart, which are linked to works...

adding exchange account error
I have SBS2000 w exch2k sp3. I have 10 users using office 2000 with no problems. We received a corperate hand down pc last week with Win2k & office XP. When I try to setup the exchange mail account it gives me an error that it can not login to the exchange server. I am logged into the domain and my login script is running. I checked my DNS entries and they are to the 2K server. It can resolve the server name. Any help is appreciated. Hello, Please review the following article and check for RPC Binding Order and RPC ClientProtocols: 325930 XCCC: How to Troubleshoot Connectivity I...

Chart Links ?
We have a workbook ('Book1') that we need to archive every week. In this workbook there are 3 charts (on a tab called 'graphs') which have source data linked to a tab called 'data' all within the same workbook. When we 'SaveAs' to a different location the source code of the charts is remaining with the original workbook ('Book1') and not with the newly saved workbook ('Book2'). Why is this happening, and how do we fix it???? Kevin Kevin, This doesn't sound like normal Excel behaviour... What you've described should only happen if y...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server #2
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

One account, Multiple email aliases
Hi, My ISP allows me to have multiple aliases, (3). When I set them up in outlook 2002, I get three copy of every emails I receive, regardless of the aliases it's sent to. All three email accounts logs in to the POP server with the same username and password, but have different email address. Any idea on how I can prevent outlook from getting 3 times the same email ? Thanks, Erik an alias is merely a pointer to one single address. Simply set up your main address, and all other emails will go to it - no need to set up stuff for the others (in fact im surprised you can access th...

Specify two server accounts
Hi, My MS Outlook is set up for two server accounts: Account 1 - In: work server, Out: work server, User info: work e-mail address Account 2 - In: home server, Out: home server, User info: work e-mail address I've set up the user info to show my work e-mail address in both cases because I reply to a lot of work e-mails at home. However, I also check and respond to home e-mails while I'm at work (using the work server); and also respond to home emails at home (using the home server). I would like my sent e-mails to show my home e-mail address. So I set up these additional ...

fixing pie chart colors depending upon value ?
This is really about using an excel chart inside an access report but nobody in microsoft.access.reports seems to know the answer. Using a grouped field in a database I end up with two values per record showing the number of 'goods' and the number of 'bads' The pie chart plots these two numbers. I want the 'good' slice always to be green and the 'bad' slice always to be red. Setting the format worked OK until I had 7 goods and zero bads, then the whole chart was red instead of green. Any idea how I can fix this? Howard The technique described in thi...

How do I change x-axis in an Excel Radar Chart?
I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this to 1 line every 10 degrees. Is this possible? Ideally I would like a polar plot graph where I can enter any angle and magnitude. Does such a thing exist? Hi, For polar plot you can use the xy scatter. I have an addin that may help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy Dr. J.White wrote: > I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar > assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this...

Survival distribution function chart
Is anyone familiar with the Kaplan-Meier estimator, and if there is a way I can get excel to draw a traditional survivior curve? The charts on this page http://www.xlstat.com/demoKM.xls are the style that I would like to produce. However, these appear to have been produced using an add-on called XLstat Pro. I am attempting to produce a spreadsheet to analyse various statistical models which are all reliant on producing a survivor curve in this style. Any help anyone could offer me would be gratefully received as I have spent days trying and can not find a way of doing this. -- max0d --...

In Account Overview report, increase display of Contacts from 10 to 20
Hi all, I am making a custom version of the Account Overview report and, among other changes, increasing the number of Contacts displayed from 10 to 20. This is the code that I found that does it: "=IIF(Fields!fullname.Value = "(Limited to 10 contacts) - - ",ReportItems!txtlimited10con.Value,Fields!fullname.Value)" Can anyone please tell me how to change it to do what I want? If I change the 10s to 20s and I build I get this error message: "The value expression for the textbox 'txtAddcontacts' refers to the report item 'txtlimited20con'. Report item...

Charting Filtered Data
I have an excel sheet that has a bunch of data imported to it from SQL Server 2k. I need to either pull all the relevant data from a date typed in by the user which that data returned will be used to build my charts, or find a way to build the chart from filtered data where the entire table is imported, but the user selects the data to filter on. (this idea is probably not a good idea as the table is already at 11k records and grows by roughly 20 records a day). -- BCullenward ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BCullenward's Profile: http://www....

eConnect Integration with Project Accounting
hi, Can anyone tell me the in eConnect version 10 is having APIs to create the budget for a Project from custom application. As far as I know eConnect 9 did not have this interface. Regards Malik I haven't worked with Project Accounting yet, but does the taPAProjectBudgetMaster not serve the purpose of creating a budget? This element exists in eConn 9 and 10. HTH Scott "malik" wrote: > hi, > Can anyone tell me the in eConnect version 10 is having APIs to create the > budget for a Project from custom application. As far as I know eConnect 9 did > not have ...

Inactive chart icon
In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some the chart icon i grayed out.On others it works normally. None of the help screens ha helped ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Probably those workbooks are shared, which means that lots of features aren't available. For more information, look in Excel's Help, under "Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks" magison wrote: > In a shared folder I have many .xls files. On some t...

The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled.
Hi, I recently changed my Windows Live password. When I triy to setup online access to a credit card I get the message: "The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled. Close and reopen Money. If the problem persists then try turning the service off and then re-enabiling it. If the problem still persists you will need to re-enable the service with a new Windows Live ID." How do I turn off/re-enable the sevice? Do I really need a new Windows Live ID? I am using Microsoft Money Home & Business Version 17.0.150.72...

Currency accounting question
Hi There, I have exported data from Access 2002 to excel 2002 so i can change it and then import it into MYOB accounting. The problem is Access spits out the data like this (eg) 3909 when it should be $39.09 No matter what i format i try to use i end up with $3,909 or $3,909.00. Is there a simple formula i can use to change all my cells? I have about 500 to change and manually it would be a real pain!! Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers and Thanks Mitch Mitch, You can divide all the values by 100 by entering 100 in some empty cell, then copy that cell, select the values to be divid...

How do I change one point in a scatter chart color
I want to change teh colour of one point in a scatter chart, for example Person Score Age time A 25 20 1 B 20 14 1.5 C 22 22 0.75 D 23 23 1.25 I want to plot score against age, but highlight the point where the time is less than 1. Any help would be appreciated Hi, The easiest way is to add another series to plot just the points that need a different colour. Assuming your data example is in the range A1:D5 then add this formula to E2 and drag down to E5. =IF(D2<1,C2,NA())...

Transfers between accounts Money tracks & Budget ???
I am trying out Money and would like to buy it except for one little thing... I am keeping track of two checking accounts, a savings account, and a credit card. When I make a payment to my credit card, I can efficently see the reduction in debt and in my balance by doing one of 3 things. #1 Set the catagory to Transfer To: Credit Card #2 Set the catagory to "Special" Credit Card Payment #3 Use the Transfer tab Unfortunately, Money will not track these in my budget. I want it to include and track the payments I am making on my credit card. At first, I would enter the one ...

Automating bubble chart colours
Does anyone know if the colour of a bubble within a chart can be conditionally formatted through reference to a cell within the spreadsheet ? I want the colour of each bubble within the chart to based on the result of a calculation within the spreadsheet. Currently the cells containing the calculation are conditionally formatted to give a red, amber, green result and I want to link the colour of the conditionally formatted cells to the colour of the associate bubble. (At the moment I update the bubbles manually) Hi, The normal work around for making a charts formatting conditional is...

point & figure charts in ms excel
i am a new member. I would like to know if one can generate point figure charts in ms excel. the standard charts in the chart function d not have point & figure charts & drawing them manually is tim consuming. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I found this buried in Andy Pope's website: http://andypope.info/ngs/ng8.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ amateur < wrote: > i am a new member. I would like to know if one can generate point & ...