Charging customers

We use Credit Card Advantage with Great Plains.  We just upgraded to GP 10.0
and now the sales team are unable to book the orders that they enter.  I
have looked at the settings and am unable to figure out which security
setting I have wrong.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Angie

0
angelam1 (36)

Starting with the basics, did you get the V10 installation package of CCA?

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Angie" wrote:

> We use Credit Card Advantage with Great Plains.  We just upgraded to GP 10.0
> and now the sales team are unable to book the orders that they enter.  I
> have looked at the settings and am unable to figure out which security
> setting I have wrong.  Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
>
> Angie

0
info4071 (3005)
4/8/2008 8:29:00 PM
Yes we did.  I am set up as a power user and I can run the credit cards but
the sales department can't.

"Richard Whaley -- MVP" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
> Starting with the basics, did you get the V10 installation package of CCA?
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Angie" wrote:
>
>> We use Credit Card Advantage with Great Plains.  We just upgraded to GP
>> 10.0
>> and now the sales team are unable to book the orders that they enter.  I
>> have looked at the settings and am unable to figure out which security
>> setting I have wrong.  Any thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Angie

0
angelam1 (36)
4/8/2008 10:17:00 PM
Angie,

Have you run the conversion routine? The problem might be that Tables/Setup
and Conversion has not been run yet. To run this make sure everyone is out of
GP. Log in as "sa." Then, if you have a CCA Registration link in the
shortcuts bar, delete it. Go to Add->Other Windows. Then Pick Credit Card
Advantage->3rd Party->CCA Registration. Then close the Other Windows screen.
Click on CCA Registration in the shortcuts frame. This will bring up Credit
Card Advantage Registration window. Make sure everyone is out of Great Plains
and run Tables/Setup and Conversion.

Are the sales folks getting any particular errors?

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

"Angie" wrote:

> Yes we did.  I am set up as a power user and I can run the credit cards but
> the sales department can't.
>

> "Richard Whaley -- MVP" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
> > Starting with the basics, did you get the V10 installation package of CCA?
> >
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Angie" wrote:
> >
> >> We use Credit Card Advantage with Great Plains.  We just upgraded to GP
> >> 10.0
> >> and now the sales team are unable to book the orders that they enter.  I
> >> have looked at the settings and am unable to figure out which security
> >> setting I have wrong.  Any thoughts?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Angie

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/9/2008 12:42:00 AM
The fact that you can run the app and the sales dept can't suggests a rights
issue.

Again, taking a basic apporach:

1.  If you sign on to a sales department PC can you run the card there?

1a.  If so, try letting the user log into the PC and you into GP then the
other way around.  That will tell you if it is network or GP security.

1b.  If not, it might be installed incorrectly on the workstation.  Try
reinstalling CCA.

2.  If you cannot run the app on the sales dept machine, try letting one of
the sales people use your machine.  Have them login to the network and then
launch GP and try CCA.

2a.  If you cannot run on their machine but they can run on your machine, it
is definately an installation issue.

Now...CCA has great customer support.  Have you or your partner contacted
them re this?

--

"Angie" wrote:

> Yes we did.  I am set up as a power user and I can run the credit cards but
> the sales department can't.
>

> "Richard Whaley -- MVP" <info@AccoladePublications.com> wrote in message
> > Starting with the basics, did you get the V10 installation package of CCA?
> >
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Angie" wrote:
> >
> >> We use Credit Card Advantage with Great Plains.  We just upgraded to GP
> >> 10.0
> >> and now the sales team are unable to book the orders that they enter.  I
> >> have looked at the settings and am unable to figure out which security
> >> setting I have wrong.  Any thoughts?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Angie

0
info4071 (3005)

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

Limit Accounts displayed to just customers while in Service Activi
What's the easiest way to limit the Accounts that are displayed in the Form Assistant to actual customers when I create a new Service Activity? I've set the "Relationship Type" within the Account record. I'm assuming I could do an OnLoad trick to filter the Account based on "Relationship Type = Customer" right? Any pointers?? ...

Customer Source
So now what has happened to Customer Source. Tried to login but am getting something about email address. Something MS has had since 1996! Actually, it wasn't MS back in 1996... Clint "noyb" <noyb@anoynomous.ca> wrote in message news:%239WSBB00GHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > So now what has happened to Customer Source. Tried to login but am getting > something about email address. Something MS has had since 1996! As you probably realize, computer systems have issues, no matter how long they have been up and running. Unfortunately, yesterday seemed to be ...

apply same custom header to all sheets in a workbook
Is there a quick way to apply the same custom header to all sheets in a workbook? Hi! Not clear what you want. If it is a header (as in View> Headers and footers) this route wil give you headers which print out on each sheet. If it is a heading which is visible on screen for each sheet then: select the first worksheet you want the heading on: with the shift key depressed, select he last sheet for the heading. Now put the heading in the visible sheet (formats, text etc). This will replicate in the other selected sheets. Exit by clicking on one of the other worksheets. BE CAREFUL NOT ...

Customer ID note missing from Contract Administration?
I'm trying to understand why the customer master record note is not available to view on contracts in the field service contract administration module? Is there any way to add this? Laura, Take a look at my article "How to display existing record notes on an existing Dynamics GP window with Modifer and VBA" at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-to-display-existing-record-notes-on.html. While the example used in the article refers to the Item Inquiry window, you certainly can apply the same technique to the Contract Entry/Update window. Best regards, -- ...

customer Guid from opportunity
I am currently using the web service to retrieve the customerid for a particular opportunity. But when i examine the customerid the properties are available, such as name but the value property is nothing. Does anyone know how I may obtain the customer Guid from an opportunity? Many thanks in advance -- Mike F ...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

making a two position custom toolbar button
I'm looking to make a macro that will allow me toggle the calculation mode between automatic and manual. I can do this easily by writing a very simple macro and adding two buttons to my toolbar, one for automatic and one for manual. Is it possible to make one button that has an on/off position to acheive this, instead of having to have two sepearte buttons? Thanks in advance for any help. Try this Slim If Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Then Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic Else Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual E...

How does RMS record Deposits forfeited by customer?
When you cancel a layaway, and keep part of the deposit, how does RMS record the deposit amount kept for accounting purposes? It doesn't appear to show up on the Z report, and it doesn't seem to transfer to the accounting system when you post closed batches. However, the cash drawer balances. From an accounting perspective, you only have 1/2 of the transaction accounted for. Good question, I've been struggling with this too. I'd also like to be able to set the default vale of "Deposit to Keep" to $0, rather than the full deposit amount as it seems to be set. ...

Customize Mailbox limit message in exchange 2000 #2
Can anyone tell how to change the message that is sent out when a user reaches their mailbox limit in exhcange 2000. ...

alert sounds, can i customize for mac?
hi, working on mac 9.2. was wondering if i can customize my alert sounds for outlook express 5.02? thanks k Kelly Vander Linda <kvl@sliceedit.com> wrote: > working on mac 9.2. was wondering if i can customize my alert sounds > for outlook express 5.02? Ask in the appropriate newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac -- Brian Tillman ...

Deploying custom code in SFO
Hi Experts, We have developed a custom multiselect lookup in .net. This .net page is called from an iframe inside the entity form. This works fine on the server. However, when we deploy this code on SFO (we have copied the project folder and created a virtual directory on the SFO client machine), an alert message saying "access is denied" is popping up. Can someone please help with this???? CRM 3.0; SQL 2000; VS.NET 2003. Looking to upgrade to SQL 2005 and VS.NET 2005 Thanks!! ...

Error 0x80040216 when trying to export customization
Hi, Does anyone has any idea what is causing 0x80040216 xml error when trying to export customization? Thank you in advance. ...

Cash Receipts posted to wrong customer
When analyzing our A/R aging we found we posted some receipts to the wrog accounts. Is there a way to transfer these to the correct account. -- DJC I would suggest that you void the receipt (if still OPEN), and re-enter to the right customer. Hope it helps. "Dennis" wrote: > When analyzing our A/R aging we found we posted some receipts to the wrog > accounts. Is there a way to transfer these to the correct account. > -- > DJC Dennis, This is assuming that you meant wrong customer account, not wrong cash or AR General Ledger account.... If this just happene...

Average Customer Spending
I have a column which contains dollar values from say $1.00 to $30.00. I need a chart to plot in one dollar increments the percentage for each dollar. For example, if I have 20 values, and there are 5 values which are between $1.00 and $1.99 then the chart would show 25% for this range. the column would look like: $1.20 $5.33 $2.30 $1.90 $2.30 etc regards, Paul On the worksheet, e.g. in cells E2:E31, list the numbers 1-30 In cell F1, enter a heading, e.g. Freq Select the cells to the right of this list, e.g. cell F2:F31 Enter an array formula to calculate the frequency of each nu...

ex 5.5 custom recipients
Hi, All I'm using the move mailbox utility in ex 5.5 administrator to move mailboxes to a new server with the same site/org, however I do have a number of custom recipients. How can I migrate these recipients to the new exchange server.. Thanks Darren "Darren D" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote: >Hi, All >I'm using the move mailbox utility in ex 5.5 administrator to move mailboxes >to a new server with the same site/org, however I do have a number of custom >recipients. How can I migrate these recipients to the new exchange server.. > >Thanks >Darr...

customized outlook form
Hi all, exchange 2003/windows 2003 envir. Is there a way to set customized outlook contact form as users' outlook DEFAULT contact form? also, could set this customized contact form as selected users' DEFAULT contact form? Thank you. Two choices - either of which will serve your purpose DocMessageClass http://www.publicshareware.com/public-share-outlook-utilities.php The Message Class Modifier function in ContactGenie Toolkit (MCM a full function free option of the Toolkit - ergo no license required - MCM formerly available as a separate program) http://www...

Custom data in Outlook
Hi, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? At the moment I am using Outlook 2003 for all the usual stuff; contacts, email, tasks etc. But I would like to create folders of custom data, to be stored in my outlook pst file rather than creating separate databases in, say Access. This could vary from anything as simple as a folder containing all my web logins (3 text fields, txtWebAddress, txtUserName, txtPassword) with a simple listview, to more complex records requiring bespoke Forms for data entry. I am an Access developer so comfortable with VBA. I thought...

Read custom fields using PSI
Hi, This is urgent so I hope someone can help. Thanks. I tried to display a dropdown list of a custom field's values, but kept having zero record return. Checked the database and saw my custom field in the custom field table and its values in the lookup table. Not sure what I was missing in the code but no record was returned. Below is my code in C#: private CustomFieldWS.CustomFieldDataSet readCustomFieldDS = new CustomFieldWS.CustomFieldDataSet(); private LookupTableWS.LookupTableDataSet lookupDS = new LookupTableWS.LookupTableDataS...

Custom formatting #7
How can I do the following custom formatting – I need trailing dots before the number ……..1,234.00 Thanks for any help Right Click > Format Cells > Select Custom Enter "........ "0.00 "John Knoke" <JohnKnoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:586761E6-32A9-4911-BF50-3790614145B2@microsoft.com... > > How can I do the following custom formatting - > I need trailing dots before the number > ....1,234.00 > > Thanks for any help > > John, Use a custom number format of *.#,###.00 Note the period between the * and the f...

Customize Sheet, Limit Area
I am looking for a way to restrict a sheet or area within a sheet in such a way that any editing is permitted within the given area, but the size of the area itself cannot be altered. A "chart" sheet is sort of on the right track, as the total area of the sheet is set but no restrictions are forced on changes within that area (except that it is limited to charts only). Ideas? Lock all cells but the block/area you want users to access. Hide all the locked columns and rows. Protect the sheet and allow users to "select unlocked cells" only. Alternative...............witho...

how to create a custom paper size in Access 2007
I would like to print 5.75 x 8.75 envelopes "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2CA0C21-C2E0-4601-B05D-8097911A10C2@microsoft.com... >I would like to print 5.75 x 8.75 envelopes Paper size is generally a functionality of your printer. If you have an envelope feeder that can handle it, all you need to do in Access is to build the report the correct size minus the margins that are required to print (set the margins in Page setup) -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/acces...

Printing Custom sized booklet in Publisher 2000
The printer settings for a Riso machine on a network do not hold when sending copy to the Riso machine for printing. Anyone have any ideas about settings for custom sized paper in a booklet? If I could have the steps needed in order, it would help. Thanks. Maybe here http://www.riso.com/public/tipsorter.asp I don't know if Riso handles printing any different than other printers. In page setup, set your printer, then the page setup. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathryn Ketcham" <anonymous@di...

Custom tables replication/sync with Head Quarters
I've only being using Point of Sale for 2 Months and was wanting to know if and how different people have achieved syncronisation with Head office on custom tables, if at all possible. e.g: Wanting to get Postcode capture via EndTender Hook when no customer is linked to the sale. Record the value in a custom table and be able to report on this information at Head Office. Thanks ...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...