Changing which database Business Portal points to

If I install Business Portal 2.5 (GP) and point it to our Great Plains
development server with an old Dynamics database, once we decide to
take it live, how do I go back and point it to the live Great Plains
server? Is this something that can only be done during the installation?

Let me preface my response by saying I only have experience with BP 3.0....

In BP 3.0 several tables are created in the Dynamics database to support the
various BP functions.  Unless you plan to move or copy those tables you will
probably have to reinstall BP 2.5 in order to have them created.

Our attempt to copy BP from our pilot failed (we ran out of time) .  In
order to meet our schedule we chose to scrap the pilot data and start fresh.
Configuration was much faster the 2nd time around :)

VinceV

"~john" wrote:

> If I install Business Portal 2.5 (GP) and point it to our Great Plains
> development server with an old Dynamics database, once we decide to
> take it live, how do I go back and point it to the live Great Plains
> server? Is this something that can only be done during the installation?

0
VinceV (157)
4/24/2006 8:36:02 PM
My main issue is saving the 600+ users that were added to the
development installation of BP. Is it as simple as running the BP
installation against the live GP server, then just copying all the BP
tables from the dev server over to the live server?

I guess that creates another question -

When you add a user to BP, is it stored in the Dynamics database or in
the SharePoint content database that BP creates?

It looks like the users (and the rest of the basic config) exist in their own
database (STS_somename_1) and are contained in the UserInfo table.   The
challenge here could be in linking the Site ID (tp_SiteID) assigned to the
users to a site ID that represents the live site.

We fiddled with this for about a day and then gave up because we needed a
working requisition system.

Good Luck!  I hope you can make this work.

VinceV

"~john" wrote:

> My main issue is saving the 600+ users that were added to the
> development installation of BP. Is it as simple as running the BP
> installation against the live GP server, then just copying all the BP
> tables from the dev server over to the live server?
>
> I guess that creates another question -
>
> When you add a user to BP, is it stored in the Dynamics database or in
> the SharePoint content database that BP creates?

0
VinceV (157)

How to change the path to a split database file
I recently split my database and it automatically placed the be version of the file in My Documents. Where do I go in Access 2007 to change the path if I move the file from My Documents? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-tablesdbdesign/201001/1 Nancy Open the front-end. Use the Database Tools tab ... then the Database Tools section. Select "Linked Table Manager" Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Me...

Change Excel save file procedure
Have an option to close ONLY the Excel file being displayed (as in Word). Many times I have a new Excel file open and then I need access to another Excel file. When I review and close the second file I get the message : "Do you want to save ...." and click "No", but it is actually asking about my original file, and of course, I lose everything I have input. If you have multiple WORD files open you can close each individually. I like the old xl97 way of displaying excel on the taskbar--there was only one icon for all the workbooks that were open. I knew that when I...

Small Business Server Recommendations
Hi!!! Well, I have between 1-10 concurrent user and I find use MSDE 2000 for the Great Plains databases. How are the midpoint recommendations for install Great Plains in a server. If I use MSDE 2000 as data base i need another server? or I can intall the database in the same server that GP. and one last question, How is the maximum capacity of data of MSDE 2000?. (capacity in GB) Thanks good luck!!! It really depends on the volume of transactions going through the system. It is my experience that the power behind the client machines is far more important than the servers since...

How do I change the message retry for mailboxes
Where do I change the message retries for mailboxes? This is in the Systems Manager tool. Thank you, -- MAB Message retries? Are you asking about the retry interval that the SMTP server uses to attempt to deliver a message locally or to another server? This is on the SMTP virtual server's properties - look on the Delivery property page. The First, Second, and Third retry intervals are 10 minutes, the server tries every 15 minutes after that (that is the Subsequent retry interval). -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.active-dir...

Calculate business days
I am putting together a Days To Ship report and want to the Lag time data on my report. All I'm looking for is, an order comes in 11/02 (Fri) and Ships 11/05 (Mon) the output should be 1. Any thoughts? Thanks! Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question. If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to each group). In this way, all responses to your post will be available to...

Error when attempting to change Owner CRM 4.0
I have CRM 4.0 (recently upgraded from 3.0) Now when I try to change owners of an Account or Contact I get an error message "Invalid Argument" and I can't change the owner. I am the administrator and I can't even change it to myself. Thanks in advance for any help. Sounds like the deployment has developed a problem during your upgrade. Your first point in trying to look into the issue is to check the Application Event Log on the CRM Server - this should give further information on why the error is occurring. If you post the Message either on this board, or as a Suppor...

Importing Access DB into Excel changes my calculated fields in Exc
I currently have an Excel worksheet that imports data from MSAccess. I have calulated fields built into this Excel sheet that calculates info from the results that are returned. When I refreshed this new year, less data is returned and the calculated fields where there is no data returned are showing #REF!. How do I keep the calculated fields static so they don't try to change when new data is brought in and some fields are now blank? See example below. The calculated fields are Variance and Pct Change Columns Year Month Dollars1 Dollars2 Dollars3 Total Variance...

Changing from POP to IMAP
I originally set up a GoDaddy hosted email account as POP. In the past year I've created many, many folders under the PERSONAL folder. I now want to change the GoDaddy account to an IMAP based account. I removed the POP account and created an IMAP account but the INBOX for the IMAP account shows up a separate account rather than the INBOX under the PERSONAL folder. Is there a way to "move" the IMAP account under the PERSONAL folder so that the INBOX in PERSONAL corresponds to the newly configured IMAP account? Any help or suggestions is appreciated... -- ...

Link to PO from Business Portal
Hi: Has anybody had any luck creating a link to the Purchase order from Business Portal so the eReq user can drill dowm and print or view their PO that created from eReq ? Thanks David ...

Responding to res change.
What event, in a dialog app, would I respond to when the res changes?? TIA Sorry... what I meant was when the resolution of the screen changes. I'm sure that there must be an event or function set up to handle it. "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > What do you mean by the res changes? > > Do you mean value of a resource in the dialog when it is running? You will > need to handle events/callbacks specific to that control. You can also > subcalss the contol in MFC. > > -- > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] > ajaykalra@yahoo.com > > > "Golum256" &l...

Change case of text
How do you change text from lowercase to uppercase text? The format painter won't do it and the font options do not include uppercase. Thanks for help. You need a macro if you want to change case in the same cell See this webpages http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm Or http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm Here are some Macro's for changing text cells in the selection Sub Uppercase_macro() Dim selectie As Range Dim cel As Range On Error Resume Next Set selectie = Range(ActiveCell.Address & "," & Selection.Address) _ .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeCon...

how do i change the currency on my worksheet
Hi Format>Cells>Currency chose the drop down for Locale Regards Roger Govier help wrote: ...

Shortcut to change message format
Cannot find it when customizing shortcuts: where is it? thx! "Postman" <mariorivera1974@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1137339512.576069.262680@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Cannot find it when customizing shortcuts: where is it? > thx! > Shortcut? I'm not aware of one. Are you trying to change it for *all* mail, or only a new/forwarded/replied message? When you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find this information in Help | About. Also include the type of mail account(s) you use an...

How do I stop my mouse from changing the size of the spreadsheet?
How do I make the Microsoft mouse stop the zoom effect when I have it on the spreadsheet. I want to scroll up or down not zoom in or zoom out. Thx 2003..........Tools>Options>General Uncheck "Zoom on roll with Intellimouse" 2007..........Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing Options. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:43:01 -0700, Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I make the Microsoft mouse stop the zoom effect when I have it on the >spreadsheet. I want to scroll up or down not zoom in or zoom ...

HOWTO query by passing a parameter from Infopath 20007 to a Microsoft Access 2007 database?
Hello, I have a Microsoft Access 2007 database foobar.accdb with two tables Student(ID|FirstName|LastName) and Scores(ID|ScoreA|ScoreB) with a primary-foreign key relation on the field 'ID'. I want to create an Infopath form that can submit new students to the 'Student' table and also be able to retreive information from the 'Scores' table. The Infopath form should be able to take 'ID' field as user input and then query based on it. I created a data connection to the database using the wizard. I created a submit connection first to the 'Student&...

Change Title Caption
Hello, How do I change the title caption to add in some value (eg Po number) to the title bar? ...

Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager installation Failure
Hi All, Helping a friend via Logmein. He had Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Beta on the computer and uninstalled it himself. I am unable to install Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager in Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit OS. Outlook 2007 installs, but fails to add Mail Icon to the Control Panel, even after creating a new USER Id. Computer is Spyware clean. Business Contact Manager fails to install. Suggestions? -- thecreator ...

Using TAB to change pages
I have a multiple page form. Each page is a seperate tab. How do I get the tab key or enter key to go to the next page in the form. When I tried event procedures, I used on LOSTFOCUS GOTO PAGE 2. When the macro was run, it came back with an error The cammand or action "GOTO PAGE" is'nt available now. with the expination that I may be read only database or an unconverted database. I am using 2007. So you are using a Tab Control? The tab control has multiple tab pages... Just set focus to the next tab page: TabPage1.SetFocus etc. This is different to having multiple page...

Restoring databases and transactions logs?
Good morning everybody! Here is the scenario, i am trying to create a fail over mail server in case anything ever happens to my primary server. Right now I have a primary server and a secondary server that are identical. Only the primary is being used. The operating system is Windows 2003, enterprise and Exchange 2003 enterprise on both. Now, here is the tricky part. I would like to robocopy or copy my public and private primary servers exchange databases and transaction logs over to the secondary server at night when all exchange services are down on the primary server. If everything else is...

Fading sounds in Power Point 2010?
A long standing problem with Power Point has been the inability to make a sound fade in or out. I saw one comment by a lady on another forum thinking that there were controls to do this in 2010. However, it wouldn't work for her. I've tried to find documentation about 2010 on the Microsoft web site, but all I can find is a full download of Office 2010 beta install. Does 2010 have the ability to fade sounds? Yes, it does. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances h...

Change epay check number?
I just switched banks (because my previous bank upgraded their on-line system and dropped two-way transfer!), and I don't know if this problem is an artifact of that switch. Now when I make an epay, the payment is automatically given a check number (previously, no number was given). I don't mind that, but the numbers are very close to my current paper check numbers. Is there any way to change the epay check numbers so that they start at a much higher (e.g. 100k) number? I don't know any way to do this in Money. You could try your bank's website to see if they might ...

How do I advise my address book that my e-mail address has changed
I am changing my server and therefore my e-maill address. What is the easiest method to advise everyone in my address book about the change? Tell them using whatever communication method you prefer. -- Russ Valentine "TKM" <TKM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:127E7D77-A52A-49FE-8998-2421A1D6624F@microsoft.com... >I am changing my server and therefore my e-maill address. What is the >easiest > method to advise everyone in my address book about the change? "TKM" <TKM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12...

Track Registry Changes with RegNotifyChangeKeyValue,...
Hi, is there any way to find out what value has changed from original to whatever. RegNotifyChangeKeyValue does not have this capability nor Nt* one and/or the Kernel Zw* Variant. It must be a solution for the Userland and please without hooking anything... Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Latest Project: http://www.codeplex.com/restarts Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "This reply is provided as is, without warranty express or implied." Not unless you sn...

List of tables in SQL server database
Hi, How do I list all user tables in a SQL Server database? Once done I have to passon some commends also to all the listed tabled. I already have connection strings and also able to extract records as pe the criteria from one defined table but do not know how to loop thru the tables or table properties. Any pointers are appreciated. Regards, Madiya Try this Set oConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") oConn.Open sConnString Set oCat = CreateObject("ADOX.Catalog") Set oCat.ActiveConnection = oConn iRow = 1 For Each tbl In o...

Changing Portfolio Views
MS Money Deluxe Deluxe, Win XP Sp3 Online updates expired. If I remove a column from a custom or pre-set Portfolio View and then save it, it wipes out all of the columns and they can't be restored. If this is a result of the online updates having expired then this program is done. It's over. Don't try this without a current backup. HTH -Kevin N. This was apparently some sort of glitch. The next morning I could edit the columns without incident. Whew! "Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uGOD9eE3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...