Changing the user password without the use of SA or DYNSA accounts

Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the SA
or DYNSA login? I would like to grant security to one user to do this.
Currently the save button is greyed out unless they log in as SA or DYNSA.

Thank you

You can do this by granting that user sysadmin rights in SQL management
Studio.  In SMS, expand the Security folder, then logins, then find that
user, right click the user, go to properties, click server roles and check
the box for sysadmin.

"Junior De Alba" wrote:

> Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the SA
> or DYNSA login? I would like to grant security to one user to do this.
> Currently the save button is greyed out unless they log in as SA or DYNSA.
>
> Thank you
0
KD (19)
3/12/2009 11:36:01 PM
KD, thank you for your quick response, I tried it and it solved my issue.

Thanks again!!

"kd" wrote:

> You can do this by granting that user sysadmin rights in SQL management
> Studio.  In SMS, expand the Security folder, then logins, then find that
> user, right click the user, go to properties, click server roles and check
> the box for sysadmin.
>
> "Junior De Alba" wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the SA
> > or DYNSA login? I would like to grant security to one user to do this.
> > Currently the save button is greyed out unless they log in as SA or DYNSA.
> >
> > Thank you

Trouble with AOL email keeps asking for password
I keep getting pop-up windows for my AOL accounts when Outlook checks for messages. The windows ask for me to confirm the network password. I check the remember password box and usually it works for awhile. this normally happened after a program restart, but now it is becoming a constant issue. It doesn't affect my other email accounts except for the fact that the system stops until the pop-up windows are cleared. I am using Outlook 2007 with XP home. "Crusty Finnegan" wrote: > I keep getting pop-up windows for my AOL accounts when Outlook checks for > ...

Using reportingservice2005 and reportingservice2006 soap interfaces in the same application
I am just finishing off my application- Reporting Services for DOS, currently I have a work around using the following URL: http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2008/05/15/problems-making-web-reference-to-reportservice2006-unable-to-import-operation-setreporthistoryoptions.aspx this works but not all the functions are available now in the reportingservice2006 soap interface This is how to reproduce the issue: 1. create new project in vs2008 (winforms or console appliction) 2. Add web reference for reportingservice2005 call the reference rs2005 3. Add another web referenc...

Cant transfer from a current account to loan acccount
Hi I am unable to "transfer" from a current account to a loan account. From the current account, I select 'Tranfer', then from the 'To' box, I am unable to find my loan account in that list. Please can you advise the method of paying down a load account from a current account? Thank you in advance. Use Loan Payment and delete the Interest portion in the splits. Set the Principal Transfer amount to the amount you want to transfer. Assumes not Money Essentials (MEss) not Essential Register. "April" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:u...

Changing RecordSource Causes A Reload of Sub Form Destroying References
Apologies for posting in two newsgroups but after I originally posted it in forms I realized this should have been posted here (formscoding) instead. Access 2007 This only happens on some machines. It has occurred on a PC running Windows XP SP3 and a MAC running Windows. I have been unable to reproduce it on other PCs running Windows XP SP3, Vista or Windows 7. On the machines that have the problem it always occurs. I have a form with a sub form control. The control's SourceObject is changed depending on the function required. On the forms that is used in the control is a...

contract for "business use only" of telephone
I am providing cell phones for my staff that are out working out of the office/telecommuting. Does anyone have a contract that has been used successfully ? Try a google search? Not sure why you posted to this forum. -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "angelchica" <angelchica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56455641-D7FB-4639-AA72-91C2A586AC6B@microsoft.com... > I am providing cell phones for my staff that are out working out of the > office/telecommuting. Does anyone have a contract that has been used ...

Calculating time worked using 100ths of an hour, from 1 day into n
Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92). How do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the start time as I do for same day start and stop times? How about =if(endtime>startime, endtime-startime,(endtime+24.0)-startime) -- Gary's Student "maintchief" wrote: > Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92). How > do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the > start time as I do for same day start and stop times? That pluse a mino...

Not able to set up more than 5 accounts.
Hi Everybody, Im running Outlook 2002 on XP Pro and I've got 5 mail accounts setup and working OK. If I try to set up a 6th account the Outlook Test button gives me all the green ticks but if I try to Send/Receive all the accounts the first 5 accounts work ok but the new account doesn't, the Send and Receive details box reports that "The connection to the server was interrupted". If I delete one of the earlier accounts which are working fine the new account works OK but if I then add the deleted account (which was working fine) this account then reports back with the same ...

How to do evevet that triggers when a textbox value is changes
Hi I would like to know how to make event that trigger when a textbox (Unbound) changes. For example I have a textbox unbound with the value for example 999 and when the value have changed then event needs to be triggered. Thanks While the BeforeUpdate event doesn't work for unbound controls, the AfterUpdate one does. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Chipcom" <bz1977@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193765222.443627.8450@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I would like to know how to make event that t...

User Sid
I am trying to get the SID of the logged on user frm the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Protected Storage System Provider i am opening this key and doing a RegEnumKeyEx to get the SID. This works fine on xp but gives ERROR_MORE_DATA on vista. TCHAR userSid[MAX_PATH+1]; DWORD dwSize; DWORD index = 0; if(RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_CURRENT_USER, _T("Software\\Microsoft\\Protected Storage System Provider"), 0, KEY_READ, &hKey) == ERROR_SUCCESS) { if( RegEnumKeyEx(hKey, index, userSid, &dwSize, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) != ERROR_SUCCESS) { } } Does anyone have ...

how to notify the user of a certain event from within a NDIS IM?
is it possible to make an interactive notification to the user from within a NDIS IM? i mean something like a baloon in the notification area ("tray"). and, if possible, start an executable if the user clicks the baloon. if yes - how? On Feb 5, 10:46=A0am, Vitalie Vrabie <vitalie.vra...@gmail.com> wrote: > is it possible... i know i can write my own service to poll/callback on the driver and pop up the baloons. but there are chances that such a service already exists in the system and i just have to teach my driver to interact with it. after all, there&...

New Section break changes prior formatting
When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior sections also go to the left of the page. Which version of Word? frustrated wrote: >When I enter a new section after a break if I center a line all text in that >section centers. If I format for "justify" the pictures in the prior >sections also go to the left of the page. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201001/1 ...

How to track "Keep the Change" from B of A?
Hello, I have a Bank of America checking and savings with the Keep the Change feature, where my debit card charges are rounded up to the next dollar, with the difference being deposited into my savings. What type of category should I place this in? I would just list it as a transfer, but when my accounts update online, it places a charge on the checking and a deposit on the savings account. What is the best way to list this to keep track of the savings properly? Thanks for any help! In microsoft.public.money, Will wrote: > >I have a Bank of America checking and savings with ...

Exchange user Administrative Group
Hello, We have 25 sites world wide. We close our office in Turkey and all user's inside this site moved to other site. The DC has been decomissioned. Now, after 3 weeks, we wanted to remove the site OU from AD. But, when I checked the user properties under Exchange Advance Tab in AD console, I found user is under the site OU that need to be remove. We would like to remove that site OU from Active Directory. Does it create problem?, when site OU deleted from AD? if yes, can we change it to the site where all the user's belongs currently? appreciate your advise and help. Yonkey...

Impossible add user, authentication error!!!
Good morning all, I've just setup microsoft crm 3.0. When I attempt to add a user, I receive an error "Impossible add user through wizard contact support" how I can resolve? Thanks. ...

how i can use CEDitView member function
hi ,Can any one tell me that how i can use the CEditView member funcion ,if my VIEW CLASS IS DERIVED FROM CView instead of CEditView. for example void CTEST9View::OnUpdate(CView* pSender, LPARAM lHint, CObject* pHint) { CEdit& theEdit = GetEditCtrl(); ------------------ ------------------ } But I am unable to get Get GetEditCtrl() ,so what i should do Arbind Mr David if u do not want to want tell, don't tell but don't do like this. "Arbind" <arbindb_tech@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:e$WzWnVYDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi ,Can any one ...

Using table field in Lookup Wizard
In a particular table I need to reference fields of that table to a Lookup Wizard in the same table. This is a genealogy database and there is a filed for parentMother and a field for parentFather, which should reference the unique key numbers of the proper entry, NULL is possible. However, the Lookup Wizard will not let me reference fields of the current table. I even tried writing a query on the ID and name fields, but the Lookup Wizard will not let me use a query that references the same table. This is with Access 2007 on a Windows XP installation. I must stress that I am n...

set contract to active using sdk
hi, I am trying to set the contract which is in draft state to active by using the following code. SetStateContractRequest setStateRequest = new SetStateContractRequest(); setStateRequest.ContractState = ContractState.Active; setStateRequest.ContractStatus = 3; //active setStateRequest.EntityId = new Guid( ContractID); SetStateContractResponse changed = (SetStateContractResponse)service.Execute(setStateRequest); I am getting the error' n 0x80043203\n The state is invalid, this contract cannot be set to invoice state Please help!! ...

How to wipe out HQ and SO data without the setting and paramters
Hi. Im planning to wipe out my database without clearing out its parameters and settings. I have an existing Store running on HQ and SO. I plan to change the barcodes for all items as they are inconsistent. Therefore i need to wipe out everything without the parameters and configuration settings. Can This be done? If so i need a detailed steps in doing this. This sounds very dangerous. What if you changed all your items so they start with a 'Z-' and then make all those items InActive, that way will not lose any Sales History? Then delete everything from the Alias table if you ar...

how to generate password
kindly advice how to generate password at microsoft word & excel? Hi Vivien, I have a worksheet that will create multiple random passwords from eight to four characters. You get four passwords for each calculate. You just hit F9 for Calculate and a new list of passwords is produced in column D, a list of four new passwords each time. I do not know if ALL the passwords are UNIQUE, but suspect the chances of a duplicate is extremely rare. If you want the workbook reply to me at LHKittle@comcast.net and I will send it as an attachment. Regards, Howard "Viv...

Use of normalised information
I have a table with company information, where the uniqe key is organisation number, which i have normalised on company code. In that new table on company code, i have givin each code a ranking(number) after how important that code is for me (e.g. stockcompany(SC) got 1, where i singleowner company(SOC) got a higher number) I now want a tabel where it is the phonenumber that is the uniqe key, and since the same phonenumber can have "many" differents organisation numbers, then i want the right companycode attached to the phonenumber (e.g. SC if one of the companies is a stock...

Automated changes of Outlook contact fields
What software / utilities / code etc. are available that would allow me to adjust some existing data in my Outlook 2003 contacts? For example, I have many "web page address" fields that need to be changed from e.g. http://subway.com to http://www.subway.com and also many "city" fields that need to be capitalized e.g los angeles to Los Angeles. Thanks in advance for any replies, Miner2049er. After some research, I believe I have to write a Visual Basic script to do this. Not knowing that language, does anybody know of a script that can do what I'm asking, or at l...

business portal project accounting #2
When will project accounting functionality be in business portal. We have a high need for business entities based on project data as well as making requisition management integrate with project po's. PA Time & Expense was a good start, although that product lacks alot of functionality, now what about all the other peices to manage projects in Business Portal??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

Free Credit Reporting? Only for new users?
I have been using Money for several years. Used Money 2005 and upgraded to 2006 shortly after it became available. Up until this morning I never tried to access the free credit reporting option available through Money 2006. When I tried this morning, I started by following the "sign up now" link in Money. After filling out the web form I was directed to, I was informed that I already had an account. (That account has expired, so all I have is a login that doesn't actually take me to a credit report.) So, I went back to Money and clicked on the "Already signed up?"...

how do I change the default font in publisher 2003
I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >-----Original Message----- >I need to change the default font in Publisher 2003 from New Times Roman. I >tire from changing the font every time I create anything new. >. > I know they are four-letter words, but "read" and "help" should become your mainstays. Choose Help and search for "default font" The answer that you are looking for is the first listed and just waiting for you to read it. Chuck Davis &l...

Looking to automatically "unhide" rows in excel using hyperlinks
Using Excel 2000 and want to hide rows then have those rows automatically displayed if a hyperlink is selected. ...