Changing Posting Settings

I just wanted to double check that if I am currently Posting TO General
Ledger in the Purchasing Series, if I change that to Post THROUGH General
Ledger will this have any ill effects.

I would make sure everyone is off the system, however if there are batches
in the GL that were generated by the AP subledger is this ok and would it
then post through the general ledger for any new transactions posted once I
change this option?

You are fine. Manual post any GL batches. You can do this before or after you
change the option.

"VDebattista" wrote:

> I just wanted to double check that if I am currently Posting TO General
> Ledger in the Purchasing Series, if I change that to Post THROUGH General
> Ledger will this have any ill effects.
>
> I would make sure everyone is off the system, however if there are batches
> in the GL that were generated by the AP subledger is this ok and would it
> then post through the general ledger for any new transactions posted once I
> change this option?
0
Tom7430 (437)
11/19/2007 8:57:04 PM
Thanks very much!

"Tom" wrote:

> You are fine. Manual post any GL batches. You can do this before or after you
> change the option.
>
> "VDebattista" wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to double check that if I am currently Posting TO General
> > Ledger in the Purchasing Series, if I change that to Post THROUGH General
> > Ledger will this have any ill effects.
> >
> > I would make sure everyone is off the system, however if there are batches
> > in the GL that were generated by the AP subledger is this ok and would it
> > then post through the general ledger for any new transactions posted once I
> > change this option?

Where to set "sender whitelist" in IMF?
Hi there, For IMF running on EXCH2003, wondering anywhere to enter email addr for "sender whitelist" so that those explicit listed senders won't be checked by IMF? Many thanks! On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:10:56 +0800, "leemutpo" <leemutpo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >For IMF running on EXCH2003, wondering anywhere to enter email addr for >"sender whitelist" so that those explicit listed senders won't be checked by >IMF? > >Many thanks! > That feature isn't offered by the IMF at this stage. Hi .. Unfortunatel...

default zoom setting when using Word as email editor
I=B4m using Word as my email editor and when I open an=20 email, the zoom is set to any arbitrary number. Usually,=20 this makes the mail almost unreadable until I change the=20 zoom level manually.=20 Does anybody know how get this fixed - preferrably a way=20 to set the default zoom level to 100%? (that=B4s Office 2003 w/ SP1) thanks in advance,=20 tobias ...

Default document has 10 point spacing after lines can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in each individual document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in each individual document <dbdbdb@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in > each individual document Open the Normal.docx template and change the font size there. Save and from then on, all new documents based on Normal will have the font size you want. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http...

Error: Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be open
Just reloaded my system after a crash. I loaded MS office Outlook 2003. Generates the following err: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. I have attempted to repair, uninstalled and reinstalled, fixed registry, reinstalled the office apps. I check out all the settings and they appear to be correct. Can someone please help direct me as what to do. Cant open an online problem cause I can not get into outlook to get the product id. Bob ...

Setting up an email address for CRM correctly so emails go out
Hi, Our business has just deployed CRM and we are at the stage now where we have all of our contacts and accounts on the database and would like to start using it to send out marketing emails, etc. I've poked around all the various email options and I think I understand how they work in theory, but am stumbling at the first hurdle; the email addresses that have been associated with the CRM users are not actual functioning email addresses, so no emails that I try to send are actually going anywhere. As I didn't set up the system when it was first installed I don't know how ...

Money 2007 Crashing When Changing Transactions
I am having a problem with Money 2007. I have used the file repair tool and removed and reinstalled Money with no changes. I download data from financial institution. Money matches incorrectly. I either right click on the transaction and choose "Unmatch" or select "Change" from the transaction. Selecting "Unmatch" locks money up and "Change" allows me to go to the transaction screen where I select unmatch, and it locks. The transactions are various ones. Some are recurring bills, others are single transactions not listed in bills/recurring ...

Can't Change Personal Information Logo
Does anyone know how to remove the logo that gets into the Personal Information box. All other fields can be deleted but not the Logo. Publisher does not prompt to update change to Personal Information when a file is saved, even though I have turned on 'Update Personal Information When Saving' in the Tools Options menu. Thanks, Mike Ward ...

Changing page orientation within a worksheet
Does anyone know a way to change from Portrait to landscape (and vice versa) when printing an excel spreadsheet? Hi Dave if you want to print one worksheet with different page layout you can try the following: - start recording a macro - set the page layout to landscape - manually print the pages you need in this layout - change the layout - print the next pages - stop recording there's no way as you have in word to define different page layout for different paragraphs -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Davo wrote: > Does anyone know a way to change from Portrait to > ...

Mailserver name change problem
Everytime we launch Outlook Express the mailserver is changed to "localhost" and the mailserver name is added to our "user name" like this: "username/mailserver". I change "localhost" to the actual mailserver name on the "Incoming mail (POP3)" line and I change "username/mailserver" to "username". Then I click on "apply" and "OK" and close out all other dialog boxes. When I click on the "Send/Receive" button on the top of the Outlook Express window, it then allows me to receive all e...

Setting a section to No Fill
Hi, I have a program that automatically sets the segments in a pie chart t the correct colour (set using RGB(c1,c2,c3)) see code below Charts("EPE Wheel").SeriesCollection(1).Points(pnt).Interior.Color RGB(c1, c2, c3) However there is occasioanlly a black segment and i would like to se it to No fill instead of black. I can do all the If...then but what i the code to set a section to no fill? many thank -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 Vi...

How do I set up a word document application for online use
In our basket offcials asociation, I want to have an application in word I can send to members who can down load my word document and type in answeres in a radio box?? or Text box???? save and sent back to me. I could do it in the old version but not 97 -- rst See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to. If by "97" you actually mean Word 2007, then you will need to display the Developer tab in order to find the legacy form fields. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microso...

Changing the values in a column
I have several thousand rows in my spreadsheet. My question is that I want to look at the value of one column and based on its value, change the value of another column. I would I do this? -- Dirk From what to what? -- HTH Bob Phillips "Dirk_Bob" <DirkBob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C8575BA-0D12-43B2-A3AA-927E662F1B77@microsoft.com... > I have several thousand rows in my spreadsheet. > My question is that I want to look at the value of one column and based on > its value, change the value of another column. > > I would I do this? &g...

contents of 'From' field changed after upgrade to 2003
I recently upgraded our Exchange 2000 environment to 2003. As soon as all mailboxes were transferred to the new server, the bulk emails that are sent out from my company, showed 'username@domainname' in the 'From' field instead of the Display Name. The Display Name has always shown up in the 'From' field until this upgrade. All internal mail from Outlook still shows the display name, all SMTP mail shows the username@domainname format. Have looked at the modifications to the schema by 2003 but can't see anything that makes sense to me regarding this change. C...

Secretaries should be able to change their boss's appointment
I think secretaries should be able to change their boss's appointment. This is a very common practice in the real world. Currenlty, CRM does not allow this. If a user is attempting to modify an appointment that he or she is not an organizer, attendee, or owner off; the changes are aborted and the user is cursed with an error message. -- This is not consistant with the real world. -- Shane ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in ...

Save a copy or Overwrite changes
I'm getting the following message when working with an excel file. It was not read-only when I opened it. I am on a network and using Excel 2002. It is not a shared workbook. The file 'Resources.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? You need to select Save a copy or Overwrite changes and then you click OK or Cancel. What can I check to make sure that I am set up properly and stop getting this message? Thank you. I know you said it is not a shared workbook/file, but it sounds exactly like what Excel ...

Workflow
Hi, I've read a whole bunch of posts on workflow but cannot find the answer to my problem. I want to create a rule that on activation of a Quote a task is created with the task due date set to 7 days prior to the quotation expiry date. Cheers Andy. Sorry, there's no supported way to do this in the current version. The closest you are going to get is to use Wait statements in your workflow. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy P" wrote: > Hi, > > I've read a whole bunch of posts on workflow but cannot find the answer to > my prob...

Way to change outgoing mail server details automatically?
I work in the office half the week and at home the rest, i use 3 pop3 email accounts in outlook 2003, i want to receive mail from all three email accounts but only really need to send out via one email account, at the moment i'm manually changing the SMTP server details to send email via my home broadband connection when i work from home and vice versa when back in the office. Is there anything i can do to set up this automatically? What happens when you try to send without changing the configuration? It could be that it would already work when you enable authentication for ...

Page Orientation
Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for individual pages? If so, then how? Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some landscape. Thanks! On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:51:13 -0700, "Smithers" <A@B.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for >individual pages? If so, then how? > >Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the >document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some lan...

number in cell changes
When I enter the Number 1 in a cell it changes to an 8. All other numbers are ok. Just started having this problem. Is this a hardware or software problem or do I have a setting wrong. I re-installed office and it didn't help. Doesn't occur in any other application. Most likely you have autocorrect (it might be a prank) tools>autocorrect options set to do the change open autocorrect, type 1 in the replace box and if it is there it will come up, then select delete Another option (not likely) would be an event macro -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "w...

Select a query showing only selective post codes relating a relevant postal area
Hi please could you help as i would like to run a query only selecting relevant post codes from my database. The post codes i would like to select are from ST1 to ST4, ST6 to ST7. Thank you spending time to help this issue Chedd -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200912/1 I assume that those are the starting three characters of the post code and that the next character is a space. You could try a query using the criteria Between "ST1" and "ST4 zzzzzz" OR Between "ST6" and ...

GP 9 BR, problem setting up named printer
Perhaps I'm not doing something correctly...what I want to do is allow the users to select whatever printer they want. Some of them use local printers for checks, but I need to allow them to print reports to one or more of the network copier/printers. It appears I have to set a printer for System and Company before I can set anything else to Manual. If I do this for anyone who isn't an administrator, when they attempt to log in to GP (even on my PC as well as theirs, on which I tested a users' login), they receive "You don't have security privileges to open this w...

How canI change the frames of my pictures?
How can I change the frame of my picture image? i don't understand your question "one_of_them" <one_of_them@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: F12108F6-3B9F-4546-AE88-1F953B4B6CA9@microsoft.com... > How can I change the frame of my picture image? ...

Benefit Open Enrollment
With open enrollment coming in June we were faced with an interesting question...how do you set a benefit/deduction dollar amount to change on a specific date. For benefits with premium changes we thought the easiest way would be to simply roll down the premium change right before doing the first check run that has the July 1st date. However, it's not that easy for HSA and FLEX benefits. Employees will each have different changes to the dollar amount they wish to allocate and getting all of them done between the pay runs would be difficult. Is there an option or module which mak...

Still event 9665 after applying /3GB switch and the USERVA setting in the Boot.ini file
We got Exchange Server 2003 with 2,5 Gb RAM. When rebooting Exchange Sever, I still have Event 9665 Warning (memory settings are not optimal). Anyone got a solution to this problem ? I followed Q815372 - How to Optimize Memory Usage in Exchange Server 2003.This is what I did: 1) Registry change - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold = REG_DWORD 0x00040000 2) Boot.ini change - /3GB switch and the USERVA setting added Thanks Jesper ...

how do i change controls from mouse 2 keyboard on Links LS pc game
HOW DO I CHANGE THE CONTROLS FROM MOUSE TO KEYBOARD ON THE LINKS LS GOLF GAME FOR THE PC? ALSO, ARE THERE ANY CHEATS? MANY THANKS DANIEL. boy are you in the wrong newsgroup. .. 1. Lower your caps. 2. What does this have to do with Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "DANIEL" <DANIEL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B86A4CC-3200-4CA7-AFEE-62BCB77043F5@microsoft.com... > HOW DO I CHANGE THE CONTROLS FROM MOUSE TO KEYBOARD ON THE LINKS LS GOLF > GAME > FOR THE PC? ALSO, ARE THERE ANY CHEATS? > MANY THANKS > DANIEL...