Changing Inventory Item Types

Hello,

We have an item # that was setup with the wrong item type.
The item number has been added to multiple BOM and given
out to others to use.  The current item type is Service
and it should be Sales Inventory. Any thoughts on ways to
change the item type to sales inventory either through the
front end or to a SQL table?

Thanks, Jerry

At the least, you should check all tables for the occurrence of the item
type column. I'll paste the contents of the script here. Now, once you
change the data behind the scenes, test, test, test.

SELECT SYSOBJECTS.ID, SYSOBJECTS.NAME AS 'TABLE NAME',SYSCOLUMNS.NAME AS
'COLUMN NAME' FROM SYSCOLUMNS,SYSOBJECTS WHERE SYSCOLUMNS.NAME =
'supervisor' AND SYSCOLUMNS.ID = SYSOBJECTS.ID ORDER BY SYSOBJECTS.NAME

Change 'supervisor' to 'your field'. Check the resource definition for
IV00100 to see what the item type field name is.

"Jerry Becker" <jerry.becker@hortonambulance.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We have an item # that was setup with the wrong item type.
> The item number has been added to multiple BOM and given
> out to others to use.  The current item type is Service
> and it should be Sales Inventory. Any thoughts on ways to
> change the item type to sales inventory either through the
> front end or to a SQL table?
>
> Thanks, Jerry

0
callen1071 (408)

Change one label name and it changes all with same name
I want to be able to go into my modify screen of my data base and be able to change my label's and be able to have it change all the labels with the same name and have it only work in the modify screen. ...

How do I prevent a formula range from changing when I insert a column within said range?
e.g. Column A Header = 100%> 4-week Column A = =COUNTIF($D$2:G$2,">=1.0") Column B Header = >80% 4-week Column B = =COUNTIF($D$2:G$2,">=0.8") Column C Header = >80% 8-week Column C = =COUNTIF($D$2:J$2,">=0.8") Each time I insert a New Column D to add a new week of data, the Formulas adjust to include another week. Column A Header = 100%> 4-week Column A = =COUNTIF($D$2:H$2,">=1.0") Column B Header = >80% 4-week Column B = =COUNTIF($D$2:H$2,">=0.8") Column C Header = >80% 8-week Column C = =COUNTIF($D$2:K$2,&qu...

How do you change the format of multiple series at once?
I am using a line chart to graph several data series. The default formatting is pale, thin lines. Is there a way to change the weighting of all data series at once instead of editing each individual series? Hi, No, what you can do is change the format of 1 series and use the F4 button to apply the changes to the next selected series. Cheers Andy jmeg wrote: > I am using a line chart to graph several data series. The default formatting > is pale, thin lines. Is there a way to change the weighting of all data > series at once instead of editing each individual series? > -...

formula changing in worsheets
I think this is a users issue but I can not prove it. Formulas and cell formats are randomly getting altered within worksheets. This is a large sheet with tons of formulas. What can cause cell formats and formulas to change on their own? Thanks Magic, evil spirits and plain stupidity! Seriously, look at the cells that are changing to see if they have links to other files. Bernard "Charlie" <a299675@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:030e01c39750$59e89b20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I think this is a users issue but I can not prove it. > > Formulas and cell formats...

Change format of chart data values
My chart displays values as 123.22 instead of 123. I have edited the datasheet, and the query, but everytime I open the form it reverts back to 123.22 Would like to know how fix this 've tried creating with insert chart and pivotchart wiz, I've been able to edit the values but it doesn't save my changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Can I change a file's properties in Excel?
I copy an excel file each year and update the dates etc to enter a new year's set of figures. The File Properties still show the original date that the file was created. How can I amend the creation date to show the current year? What about Select and Copy the Worksheet to a New Book instead? Ron100 wrote: > I copy an excel file each year and update the dates etc to enter a new year's > set of figures. The File Properties still show the original date that the > file was created. How can I amend the creation date to show the current year? On the new created ...

how can I change comment balloon color in word 2007
This was easy in Word 2003 - I can't find any info on this in 2007. The Track Changes Options dialog is essentially the same in Word 2007. Reach it via Review | Tracking | Track Changes | Chang Tracking Options. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "colorfast but wanting to change!" <colorfast but wanting to change!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6F607AE-D81A-43BD-B9C3-C2E96819D8EF@microsoft.com... > This was easy in Word 2003 - I can't find any info on this in 2...

How to change dialog box background color in .NET MFC?
I can find MS document ID 98201 for How to change dialog box background color in MFC 2.0 or later. I am using .NET 2005 MFC. How do I change window backgroud color for dialog based MFC? Thank you awu10 On 17 May 2006 13:43:03 -0700, awu wrote: > I can find MS document ID 98201 for How to change dialog box background > color in MFC 2.0 or later. > > I am using .NET 2005 MFC. How do I change window backgroud color for > dialog based MFC? > > Thank you > awu10 http://msdn2.microsoft.com/ko-kr/library/6skhh669.aspx ...

Basic-Making items inactive
Is there not a way to make multiple items "inactive"? At the end of a model year I often need to make 100's of items inactive. It seems it take 5 strokes per item to make it inactive. Folk's, that a lot of strokes. Oh well, it takes 7 strokes to make a single bar code. Thanks for any ideas Gary You can use the inventory wizard. There's a task called "Make Items Inactive" - this will let select multiple items based on a filter... -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------...

Item Quantities purchased by date
Is there a report that shows item quantities purchased by vendor for a date range? Elaine: You could use the Receivings Lines SmartList, filtered by Vendor and Date Range. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

Countif to count more than one item?
All, Can Countif function count more than one criteria? I.e I have a column and want to count all but one of the criteria in that column. Column has MD, LK, Fac and No in it, I want to count all but No. Is this possible with the countif function? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Hi Adam, > Can Countif function count more than one criteria? > I.e I have a column and > want to count all but one of the criteria in that column. > > Column has MD, LK, Fac and No in it, I want to count all but No. Lets say this is column A, then try this array formula. =SUM(IF...

how can you change the default page size in Publisher?
I am having problems setting my Publisher 2003 default page size and saw a post that said "Set your paper size in your printer driver before you set your page size." How do I do that? My problem is that when I open Publisher to a "Blank Print Publication" I assume that it is set at 8.5" x 11" as it always was when I used Windows 2000. Now, with my new cpu (XP) after trying repeatedly to get it to print on an 8.5" x 11" page and it overlaps, I finally recheck my settings, change the View In to Inches (rather than the blasted Centimetres it always ...

Over-receiving PO Line Items
We need a POP setting that can be turned on in each company database to keep users from over-receiving PO Line Items. I have encountered this request numerous times in support. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

MS outlook 2003 try to send email says "Item missing"
I am trying to use outlook for the first time, but won't send or recieve--says item missing. Thanks! Chrisie <Chrisie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to use outlook for the first time, but won't send or > recieve--says item missing. Did you create a mail profile? Did you define a mail account? Have you created your data store? Tell us exactly what you've done so far and we'll tell you if anything's missing. -- Brian Tillman Yes, I have done all those things... Thanks for your help! "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Chrisie <...

how to change paper size in publisher 2003
I have just installed windows 7,when I installed office 2003 andran publishe 2003 I could not change the paper size from a4?(on my previus programxp I did not have the problem, Is this a windows problem or a publisher problem,would purchasind Office 2007 cure this? Open the printer folder from the Control Panel, right-click the printer, printing preferences, select what default stock size you want. Sometimes it will be the Regional settings that will determine the default stock size. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "hmsarthur" <hmsarthur@discussions.mi...

Mailbox items and size count diferent in outlook and exchange admi
Hi, The size and the number of items of mailbox are diferent in outlook (2000) and in Exchange (5.5) Administrator. I've already done several times isinteg command. In microsoft articles ID 235528 and 259675 tells to run SP4 to correct that problem but the server already have SP4. Should i run again SP4?If yes, which component of the available for download? Or there is another solution to that problem? Thanks On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:09:01 -0700, NFSilva <NFSilva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >The size and the number of items of mailbox are diferent in outlook >...

Change cell color
How do you change a cell's color with an "IF" statement. I can produce conditional text with an "IF" statement, but don't know how to effect the formating in the cell. Nel post news:V8mdnY2RSMS-QwTZnZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@comcast.com *Alan* ha scritto: > How do you change a cell's color with an "IF" statement. I can produce > conditional text with an "IF" statement, but don't know how to effect > the formating in the cell. Use Conditional Formatting (menu Format, Conditional Formatting), choose FormulaIs under Condition 1 a...

Want to show a group header item only when the group value changes
Hi, We have a couple of reports that show lines for a customer order. We were told to add notes for each line that were entered in our oe portal so our manufacturers and shippers could see them. I've done this but the group header for an order ine is set to repeat so the note shows on every page.Each line can take up several pages due to the fact that lot pick information is displayed for each line. When the notes are long, it can create a report that is very long, simply due ot the extra space need on each page. We would like the line note to to appear ONLY when the va...

Change in User's account properties not showing up in his mailbox
I have a question. I have created accounts and mailboxes. I have gone back and changed some attributes on the accounts, i.e Middle Initials, First names, etc. However, the user’s still see the old names as the names that show up as the title of their Mailboxes i.e I have a user I created named Bob L. Stotz. When his mailbox was created, the display name surfaced as Stotz, Bob L. Subsequently, I changed the user’s first name and display name to Bobby L Stotz, I also changed his smtp primary to bobby.stotz@domain.edu (maybe a separate issue) and his email address to bobby.stotz@...

Refreshing Data from .txt file causes change outside data range
I have a simple Worksheet developed to import and format a single record .txt file, which will ulitmately be imported into an Access table. I have to do it this way (I think) because I don't get field names in the .txt file The first row contains Field Names, and the second row is the data range to be refreshed from the .txt. file When I refresh the data by selecting the range and chosing Data -> Refresh Data, the values are imported correctly, but my heading row is wiped out (except for the very first cell (A1). What can be causing this In addition, I will need to automate this comp...

Excel changeing name and type
When I open an excel file I some times get's the "unable to read file" message, what than happends is that excel changes may filename from filname.xls to something like FB4ED000(I can right click and open this file in excel an all its fine) What can be doing this and how can I avoid this from happening so often. I also have trouble with that I get "unable to read file" when I try to save a workbook, if I remove the sharing I can save it without this error, and I can enable the sharing afterwords and still save the workbook fine. Anyone that have experienced this odd pr...

How di get excel to automatically change cell values
Try again with the question in the body of the message, not in the subject line, which gets truncated to the point of meaningless. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:59:05 -0800, "talil" <talil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

How to change security permission on InfoStore
HI, I am trying to run Exmerge and I need to change my security permissions on the information store. Currently, for my account, it shows "Send as" and "Receive As" as Deny. This is grayed out as it is being inherited from a parent. I cannot find the parent where I can change this. Thanks David I just found the following KB article which expalins this. Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem, http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823143 "david" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:ONLlFyxrFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HI, I am tryin...

Publisher flier changes to continuous page when converted to PDF f
I have created a flier on MS publisher- 2 pages. When I convert to PDF or Publish to PDF file, it shows it as 190%. When I correct it to 100% it has converted the flier so that 1)it is one continuous page. 2) there is whole blank page type size before the first page, and then between the first and second 3) The flier is not even sitting on that part properly. All ends are cut off!! It is a disaster HELP!! Have been at it all day trying to work out how to fix it. I have made countless newsletters and converted to PDF with no problem. Dont know why it is doing this. I did try out the "...

How to change email domain name??
Hi, Currently I am using SBS2003 with Exchange 2003. I have configured my email domain name as "domain.net", and all works fine, but now, by company reasons, I need to change the name of the email domain to "domain.com". To receive email there is no problem because I am using POP connector. And to internal mail there is no problem because my internal domain does not change. But to send I need to change the email domain name. How can I accomplish this with no problems?? I hope you understand me. Thanks in advance. -- ------------------------------------------------------...