Changing Functional Currency

We have just set up Great Plains 8.0 with Multicurrency access. We originally
had set up our functional currency as USD and our reporting currency as CDN.
Transactions were entered but reversed so the system is at a clear balance. I
need to change the functional currency to CDN but it wont allow me because
transactions exist. Does anyone know a way around this?
0
Howe (3)

No - once you enter transactions you cannot change the functional currency.
Your only choice now is to set up a new database.  You can use an Automated
Solution on CustomerSource to copy all the setups (except of course MC) from
the existing entity to the new one.

"S. Howe" wrote:

> We have just set up Great Plains 8.0 with Multicurrency access. We originally
> had set up our functional currency as USD and our reporting currency as CDN.
> Transactions were entered but reversed so the system is at a clear balance. I
> need to change the functional currency to CDN but it wont allow me because
> transactions exist. Does anyone know a way around this?
0
LK (221)

How do change the amortization of loan template to accommodate pa.
I need an amortization table that can compute on partial years. For example, my immediate need is to amortize $437,410 at 10% over 8.52 years. The current template only allows for years stated in whole numbers from 1 - 30. What are the individual periods of compounding interest? Days/Months/Years/Decades/Biweekly/Semimonthly/??? Once you know that, you can figure out the number of periods in 8.52 years. With that information you can 1) extend your table past the 30 lines you currently have to include the number of periods, 2) use the PMT function to get periodic payments and you'...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

How can I allow other users to make changes in a shared workbook
I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save changes in a shared workbook. Any suggestions? What happens when they try to make changes? If the worksheet is protected (and that's what is stopping them, unshare the workbook, unprotect the worksheet, unlock the cells that should be able to be changed, reprotect the worksheet, reshare the workbook and try it again.) What happens when they try to save? (I don't have a guess here.) yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.co wrote: > > I have everything set up properly and other users cannot make and save...

Change Default Add-in Folder
Great Day! Is there a way to change default add-in folder in Excel so in stead o going to the C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Applicatio Data\Microsoft\Addins\ it goes to my folder (C:/MyAddins). Thank you. Compound -- compoun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- compound's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38688 I think if you use Regedit to modify this key value: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\Gene...

OWA Password change- Uniqueness requirements not met
yWe have configured OWA to use SSL and enabled the Change Password feature. When users attempt to change their password, the receive a message that “Either the password is too short or uniqueness requirements have not been met” Great pains have been taken to ensure that all password uniqueness requirements are met. The domain password policy has had uniqueness requirements disabled. Any recommendations or ideas? Windows Server 2003 SP1, Exchange V. 6.5 SP2 When was the change made to the GP? Did you force an update? Nue "Miranda" <Miranda@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Cross territory currencies
Hi, It appears that the CRM can only have one system-wide currency symbol. When sales territories cross borders e.g. US, UK, Europe, a different currency character is needed for quotations and price lists. This symbol should be "territory- specific" at least, NOT system-wide. Has anyone been able to solve this major restriction. Thanks in advance Barry Barry: Not that it helps you out right now, but I know multi-currency is on the MBS development plan, but not sure if it will be in the next release or not. Dave "Barry Mavin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

date formatting changes
I have a VB macro that changes all date formats to dd/mm/yy. This works fine. However, sometimes when I go back into my files at a later date, I find that the dates convert back to dd/mm/yyyy. Why does this happen when I have specifically set the format to dd/mm/yy? There are some custom date formats that don't belong to you. I'm betting that you happened to use the same format that excel uses to tell it to pick up the format from the windows regional settings (under control panel). xl2002 is more honest with the way it deals with dates. (I think it's new with xl2002, but ma...

Nested function limit
I've noticed that the limit for nested IF statements is 8. I've also noticed this is true for other functions than IF as well. Is this true for all function? The only way I can get around it is to put some of the inside stuff in another cell, and the reference it. Any ideas? Scott Hi this limit applies to all formulas (only 7 nested formulas are allowed). For IF clauses you may create a lookup table and use VLOOKUP to get the respective value for a search criteria -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Scott wrote: > I've noticed that the limit for nested IF statements...

Changing Text to Number Problem.
I have a problem when importing information into an Excel spreadsheet. We have a system at work that has a front end Web based application (asp) that accesses an SQL database. Not all of the software is written yet, so to sort/filter data I have to copy lists of information from the Web based application to an Excel spreadsheet. Much of the information that I import (copy and paste) into the spreadsheet are hyperlinks to other information in the SQL database. To get rid of the hyperlinks once I have the list copied to my spreadsheet, I (copy and paste special, values only) the information on...

change of salesperson id
how do I change the salesperson id on an overall invoice ...

Newly Created Function not Working
Hello I am using an excel function that I dropped into a VBA module. Th function works fine for me but when I copied the function into colleauges computer it is not working. We keep getting the error NAME returned. Any ides as to why this could be happening? We are bot running excel 2000. The function I am using is the sheetoffset functio if that helps at all -- nuve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1003 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

Can a posting account be changed to an allocation account?
We have an expense account that is in one department. We want to allocate that expense to other departments. Can the existing account be changed to an allocation account? If yes, how? If not, we can add a new account, but the AP staff is used to using this account number. Bob, You cannot switch an account from one posting type to another. The only thing I can think of is using the Account Combiner/Modifier tool available from Microsoft to change the existing account number to something else, which will then free up the number the accounting staff is familiar with and you can create a...

Changing Status on Service Activity
hi I am using service activity to schedule services. I have set up a service called training and set the Show Time As field to reserved. What i want to now do is setup a workflow which says if the current time is greater than the scheduled time change the status to completed and generate an order. Can someone please advice me how to go about this,. Kind Regards Ridhima ...

Address changes
We are changing the email domain name. We have to keep the old smtp address and recieve the new also. The outgoing mail will have to have the new address. We are running exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0. Any how to would be a great help. -- Joed ...

Help me "dissect" this function (Excel 2002 [XP])
=DSUM(Membership,Membership!$C$49,C1:C3)+DSUM(Revenue,'Revenue Projects'!$D$2,C1:C3) I'm trying to adapt a budget worksheet from another non-profit for our use. I don't know who the author is and I've had it a couple years, so trying to go that route for help is a non-starter. I don't understand why they have Membership twice; I guess one is for the worksheet and the other is the column header, but I don't get it as $C$49 points to a a column label named "Revenue". and C1:C3 point to 2 blank cells and one with the column label "2002". So...

suggestion: change vendor before final approval
I spoke to a GP user at convergence who would like to be able to change the vendor ID before a requisition has been final approved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default...

How to change font for cross-references
I have been a WORD user for years, but I still cannot work out how to make a cross-reference appear as a link. When I create a cross-reference it just appears as normal text (unlike applying a hyperlink). Is this a default and somewhere you can opt for colored text and an underline? And what is the point of a x-ref that cannot be identified as a x-ref until you actually hover over it? Unless I am missing something really basic, that seems really stupid. Word is still geared toward print, in which a hyperlink is pointless and hyperlink formatting (blue and underlined) ...

How do I change the e-mail I orginally set up outlook with?
Not sure what your question is. Do you mean you want to change your email account? "Sledge24" <Sledge24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BE91BFB-6A14-40EF-9F0F-203792BEB3EB@microsoft.com... > ...

Change Mouse Pointer
Is it possible to change the mouse pointer to a hand when it is moved over a particular control in a form? I'm using a bound text box and when the user clicks on it another form opens up containing additional details. I would like to change the mouse pointer to a hand when it is positioned over the text box in order to remind the user of this functionality. Does anyone know how to do this? Do I need to use a different control? Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, Place the following directly in the On Mouse Move event for the textbox: =mousecursor(32649) HTH, Rob "prototype" <pr...

Changing Numbers to Text in a query
Hello, I have a number in a query that i need to change to text because my data, i.e. 555767 is being returned as 555,767 and i do not want it to contain a comma. Any ideas? Thank you! MN Perhaps you only need to change the "display" of the number, not the data type...? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "MacNut2004" <MacNut2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF49F175-9640-4B44-961C-4A8EC6D5E4BB@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a number in a query that i need to change to text because my data, > i.e. 555767 is b...

Please help with finding correct functions!!!
I am trying to configure Excel to balance my checkbook. Column A is Trans. Type, Column B is Date, Column C is Description of Trans., Column D is Debits, Column E lists if items are posted, Column F is Debits and Column G is Balance. I'm trying to get Column D (debits) to subtract from Column G (balance) and get a new balance (new column? H?) and get Column F (credits) to add to Column G (balance to get a new balance (again, new column? H?). I am not computer illiterate and I should be able to figure this out by myself. But I've been working on finding the right functions (l...

Changes in columns from page to page
I have a documents created in Word 97 and now in Word 2003. They have 2 columns (It's a cookbook.) and I insert column breaks at the end of a recipe to force a complete recipe to start at the top of a column. On one particular document, I inserted a break at the bottom of column 2 on page 20 and the recipe pasted in column 1 of page 21 centered the recipe over both columns. The recipe is only about 24 lines of text. I've checked formatting, styles, page layout and anything else I can think of above and in other supposedly identical documents. I've created a templ...

Change source data of a pivot chart
In Excel 2007 can you change the source data of a pivot chart I have multiple charts and tables which I want to copy but the copied charts still refer to the original pivot table I have limited practice with this, but I think if you copy the sheet with the pivot table and chart to a new workbook, the links travel with the copied pivot table, not the original. You can then move the sheet into the original workbook. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "MRIreland" <MRI...

Change name of Wksheet to reflect a month auto.
Hi, is it possible to have a macro change the name of a sheet to a certain month reflected in a cell? If so, how do I do it? Thx! val Assuming your cell (in this case, A1) contains a date value: activesheet.name = format(range("A1").value,"mmmm") -- Olly "dolphinv4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e77401c43ca2$5faf0290$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > is it possible to have a macro change the name of a sheet > to a certain month reflected in a cell? If so, how do I > do it? > > Thx! > val Hi Put ...

PWA My Tasks: how to change task bar in Gantt Chart
I need to change the bar in the My Tasks Gantt Chart of Project Web Access (version 2003). The problem is that "splitted" tasks aren't show as a dotted line. The tasks is a complete bar thats give a wrong impression of duration. The My Task view shows the following: Task A |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Task B |||| Task C |||||||||| Thats a problem. In MS Project the Gantt Chart shows this: Task A ||||||||||||| ..............||||||||||||| Task B ...