Changing Customer Address IDs

Currently all of our customers have address IDs similar to this:
-“PRIMARY” as the customer’s main address
-“SHIP TO 001” (SHIP TO xxx) as the customer’s other addresses.

Needless to say, this setup doesn’t easily allow you to recognize what the
address code represents.  Also, we have several customers (Call them
wholesalers) that buy items from us and have us drop ship them to our other
customers (Call them facilities).  After the initial sale to the wholesalers,
subsequent sales in which the product physically ends up at a facility can be
placed by the same wholesaler, a different wholesaler, or the facility
themselves.  This wouldn’t be much of an issue except we have a need to track
what items are at each facility for customer service reasons.  We’ve devised
some reports that will combine all items shipped to a particular address ID.

What we want to do is rename all of the address IDs in the system from the
current scheme to a scheme in which each address ID will correspond to a
customer ID.

I’ve done some research and know that I need to change the address ID in the
following tables:

-SOP Order Master (SOP10100)
-SOP Order Amounts (SOP10200)
-SOP Order History Master (SOP30200)
-SOP Order History Amounts (SOP30300)
-Customer Master File (RM00101)
-Customer Address File (RM00102)

Questions:

-Are there any other tables that I need to check/change?
-Are there any known ways to change an address ID? (I checked pro tools and
it isn’t there)
-Are there any known issues with doing something like this?

Thanks,

RCCHULUOTA

You may want to try Changer from Corporate Renaissance Group
(www.crgroup.com).
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"RCCHULUOTA" wrote:

> Currently all of our customers have address IDs similar to this:
> -“PRIMARY” as the customer’s main address
> -“SHIP TO 001” (SHIP TO xxx) as the customer’s other addresses.
>
> Needless to say, this setup doesn’t easily allow you to recognize what the
> address code represents.  Also, we have several customers (Call them
> wholesalers) that buy items from us and have us drop ship them to our other
> customers (Call them facilities).  After the initial sale to the wholesalers,
> subsequent sales in which the product physically ends up at a facility can be
> placed by the same wholesaler, a different wholesaler, or the facility
> themselves.  This wouldn’t be much of an issue except we have a need to track
> what items are at each facility for customer service reasons.  We’ve devised
> some reports that will combine all items shipped to a particular address ID.
>
> What we want to do is rename all of the address IDs in the system from the
> current scheme to a scheme in which each address ID will correspond to a
> customer ID.
>
> I’ve done some research and know that I need to change the address ID in the
> following tables:
>
> -SOP Order Master (SOP10100)
> -SOP Order Amounts (SOP10200)
> -SOP Order History Master (SOP30200)
> -SOP Order History Amounts (SOP30300)
> -Customer Master File (RM00101)
> -Customer Address File (RM00102)
>
> Questions:
>
> -Are there any other tables that I need to check/change?
> -Are there any known ways to change an address ID? (I checked pro tools and
> it isn’t there)
> -Are there any known issues with doing something like this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> RCCHULUOTA
0
callen (2505)
3/20/2008 12:24:08 AM
Does changer change address IDs?
0
leslievail1 (120)
3/26/2008 3:38:16 AM
Now that I've read the user guide, it does not appear that it does.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Does changer change address IDs?

0
callen (2505)

explorer crashing when I change to thumbnail
Every time I change one particular folder to thumnail view on my ahrd drive, explorer crashes and I get an error. I have screenshots if that will help anyone. This all started after I did a Windows update and I'm a little tired of having to go onto another computer in the network to view files. I'm afraid to move anythign because I dont' want this to happen elsewhere. Please help. TIA Roberta Ur spiel chukkers broke two thumbnail problems wrote: > Every time I change one particular folder to thumnail view on my ahrd > drive, > explorer crashes and I ge...

::: How to change formulas so I can copy them ? :::
Hi, I made formulas that are working good. But I can not copy them easily. Can anyone help me ? My problem is detailed into the following Excel file http://cjoint.com/?hpv1YggtI1 Thanks for your support. Jacques Try these formulas: C7: =HLOOKUP("ACTION TIME",DataBase!$C$6:$EA$11,6,FALSE) D7: =HLOOKUP("ACTION TIME",DataBase!$C$6:$EA$11,5,FALSE) E7: =HLOOKUP("ACTION TIME",DataBase!$C$6:$EA$11,3,FALSE) The dollar signs ($) "Lock" that part of the reference so it won't change when copied and pasted to another location. Another alternative woul...

address book access
I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts, but i can not use my address book. What should I do? Personal address book is local to the machine. It is not stored on the server which is why you are unable to access it. "muffin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33C96FE3-5BC9-4872-9DBE-113BE315459F@microsoft.com... > I can not access my address book from home when i am using my outlook web access. I can get to my folders ok, and i can access my contacts...

Changing Values by Grouping and Dragging
Using OL 2003 Is there any way to change the subject line of a bunch of tasks or appointments at the same time? I used to be able to do this by grouping the items by subject and then dragging the highlited items to a different group but it won't work now with OL2003 Same thing for changing the Contacts associated with a Task or Appointment. Thanks ...

Change chart type in single data series, Excel 2007
I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series in the new Excel 2007. The "change chart type" is grayed out. Thank you, What kind of chart is it? If it's a 3D chart, you can't change only one series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "momof3" <momof3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F78063A1-DB29-4081-B909-BDA99F2DEBFD@microsoft.com... >I can't get it to change the chart type on a single data series ...

customizing the mouse-over display in a bubble chart
Hi -- I have a little Excel app that generates 3dbubble charts from data stored in one sheet of my workbook, based on a user's selections. The DB portion of this app contains info about a set of possible projects that might be done, including risk, reward, cost, date of avaliability etc. Of course, every project has a name and belongs to one of several product families. When the user determines what elements of the project he wants to use to determine the x and y coordinates of the bubble and it's radius, I construct the chart in 'family' series, so all the projects fo...

Changing from HQ to Single Store
I had two stores, one of which I have closed down. I was using HQ. All of my customers were set up as global customers. I have customers that purchased on credit and made payments in both locations. Now I want to eliminate HQ all together and just make my company a single store environment. I want to eliminate the HQ computer and second store computer. When I shut off the HQ computer, I can't check customer balances and make payments to customer accounts properly, and I can't send out statements. How can I go from an HQ to a single store environment and preserve all of the acco...

Link Pay Codes in Class ID
I'm setting up Class IDs for a client and wanted to verify something I heard. I know that it is not recommended to link deductions and benefits in the Class ID but what about the Pay Codes? Will that also create some incompletes? Thanks - Teri I don't know why it's not recommended or who recommends against doing so, but I have advised clients of the opposite if it makes sense. My experience is that only pay codes have been assigned because those are generally oriented towards employee classes while deductions and benefits are voluntary. However, in some industries and fo...

Locked out of Exchange Administrator/directory for site, changed system account
Hello, I administer a single Exch 5.5 organization with two sites, one server per site. In Exchange Administrator, while connected to one of the servers, I must have inadvertantly removed a permission from the one-and-only system account configured for each site. Now when I start Exch Administrator in my default site I get the following error: A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer 'name' You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS I can connect ...

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Duplicate Customers
-- Jon Kahn Confluence Kayaks ...

Customizing the "NOTES" form ? Can we ?
Hi there, Well the subject explains everything. We want to customize the "Notes" form. We want to see a date of when that certain notes as been created. I fear that we can't cause the CRM software is limited. Thanks in advance. ...

WXP registry to prevent changing of OL2003 tracking options?
Hi there, For those stand alone computers (i.e. won't/can't logon to AD), I would like to enforce outlook2003 email tracking. After I enforced the settings in outlook2003, users can accidentally/purposely revert the settings so that I can't track the email status. If there is any Winxp registry settings which can prevent users to change that email tracking settings? Many thanks! Not that I am aware of - however, whatever you do, they can undo. I personally hate tracking - many people use it to just check on you so that they can call you. I never return read-receipts t...

Importing email addresses into Outlook 2003
When I import my Earthlink mailbox csv Excel file into Outlook 2003, my email addresses do not appear in my Outlook contact list, even though they appear when I open the Excel csv file. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem, short of manually entering the email address. Did you manually map the email field when you were importing your CSV file or did you assume it would pick the right field? Karl -- __________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 "Power contact importers for MS Outlook '2000/2...

Why does the layout on a page keep changing?
I am having the weirdest difficulty with Publisher 2007. I use Publisher to create a multi-page bulletin. I had one template I was using for a 12 page bulletin. I used that for about a year. Then I changed to a new template that was 8 pages with a different font. The problem I am having is that when I open one of the old bulletins now (and have done so on multiple PCs) the formatting is all messed up. Text boxes that were full of text are now showing as blank, and the spacing is all messed up. Why would Publisher do this? ...

Pick list values in custom views
I've tried adding a picklist field to a custom view and after publishing & iisreset, the custom view is shown, but no values are displayed in the view for the picklist field. Are pick list fields able to be used in views? Is this documented anywhere? Cheers Kit Hi Kit, A view should display the selected picklist value for a record; you shouldn't even have to publish to get a result with a view. Maybe, is it possible, that your records don't have a picklist value? Even if you have a default picklist value, for existing records you'd need to go in and save a rec...

Custom message on department
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to get the POS to popup a message saying that customer details are required to be filled in when an item belonging to a particular department is rung up at the POS? Dan Store Ops Manager allows you to assign an item message to items in inventory. Go to database - items - properties - special You will see a field on the left side that allows you to assign an item message popup when the item is rung up at the POS First you need to create the item message - go to Database - Item Messages - New - enter "Customer Required" in Title and Me...

Writing Custom Import Filters
Hi all, I wondered if there is a method to write my own custom import filters... On the same principle like you would File > Get External Data > Import, and then select the type of file to import (this will be mostly TXT (delimited or fixed length or Excel). In case of text file you get the advanced feature, where you can manualy change code page, fieldnames and data types. That is okay, but in Excel I always get those "auto-chosen" datatypes. That is, if the filter detects a numerical value in the first two records then it assumes that all values are numerical, which in...

Move Rundll.32_ from CD System disk and change to Rundll32.exe??
How do I do this? Thanks, Doug ...

Excel 2007 Font color change
OS = Vista Ultimate with SP1 RC1 Office 2007 Professional upgraded from Office 2003 Professional. d/l and installed the trial version of 2007 from M/S. bought an Upgrade version of 2007 from Staples. used upgrade key to ''convert'' trial version to ''paid for" version all seems to be OK - except - SOMETIMES - Excel will crash when I highlight a cell/cells and try to change the font color. It does it whether I use the Icon on the Quick Access toolbar or the ''ribbon" Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and has a solution. Thanks, BChat ...

Change windows 7 Pro computer name in a SBS 2003 Domain
Hi, I have a new client who is running SBS 2003 (SP2) with 3 Windows 7 Pro PC's. When he logs into RWW he sees his PC name (Allan1). He wants to change the name he sees to (Alan1). Anyone run into his particular situation before? Thanks, Frank Hi Frank... How to change the computer name of a workstation http://msmvps.com/blogs/kwsupport/archive/2004/10/26/16763.aspx --------------------------------- You don't have to remove the workstations from the domain to rename. I have just renamed a few workstations. All you have to do is log in as the machine Administr...

Org chart wizard customization
Greetings all, I've been challenged to use the Org Chart Wizard in Visio to generate our org charts from Active Directory. The system works great, but now they've asked that we make it format the same way each time with our logo and document titles when the wizard generates. This should be simple, using a background page, etc., but I haven't figured out how to do that AND the org chart wizard. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Jon Hello Jon, You can create your own bespoke Org Chart Wizard template file: 1) Start a new Org Chart Wizard 2) Cancel the wi...

vcards export just one email address
Hello! When I export a contact with more than one email address to a vcard file and import it later again - there is just one email address in the vcard. when I open the vcard file in a text editor I see always just one email address. Does anyone know about this problem and how the export and import vcards properly in outlook 2003? thanks! Bjorn ...

mail missing after name change
We used exmerge to migrate mailboxes from one exchange server to another. At some point one of our admins noticed a users name was spelled wrong and changed the spelling. nNow our user can only see mail from the point that the name was updated. We still have the .pst files from exmerge. What is the best way to reimport the data and combine both the old and new mail (details)? Thanks Using Outlook MAPI logon to New mail account,and import old mail from PST file�I -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Attila" <Attila@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :66CABFED-E284-4141-A68E-6444DCB...

Custom letter 1-at-a-time?
In Outlook 2000, our office would like to select 1 contact and have info feed into a custom letter format (with our margins, indents, etc.) DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY TO ACHIEVE THIS CUSTOM FORMAT LETTER FOR 1 CONTACT AT THE "PUSH OF A BUTTON"? Have found some coding on the web dating from 1997, but suspect changes in Outlook since then cause need to troubleshoot these solutions. We're not that savvy. Thank you, Nia ...