Change Vendor ID

Has anyone written a SQL Script to change Vendor IDs?  I realize that the
"Changer" utility will do this.....but this is a one-time change of only a
few records, and it is difficult to justify the cost of Changer for
something like this.  There are about 20 Vendors that were created before
the current standard was put into place, and we would like to get them
in-line with the rest.

I have done a similar script in the past for Salesperson ID, so it shouldn't
be that bad.....just didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else out
there already has it done.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0
anon7639 (5)

Brian,

I believe the basic approach would be to search for every table where the
Vendor ID is used and replace it.  The difficulty is that it's not always
called the same thing and it will be in a lot more tables than you think.
For example, in some tables (like GL and CM) it will be stored as
originating master ID.

My 2 cents: the time you spend finding all the right tables and fields and
testing this (or fixing it later if the testing is not done) is probably
going to cost more than buying the utility that already does this from
Microsoft, which if my memory is correct is $750.

Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Brian French" <anon@newsgroups.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Has anyone written a SQL Script to change Vendor IDs?  I realize that the
"Changer" utility will do this.....but this is a one-time change of only a
few records, and it is difficult to justify the cost of Changer for
something like this.  There are about 20 Vendors that were created before
the current standard was put into place, and we would like to get them
in-line with the rest.

I have done a similar script in the past for Salesperson ID, so it shouldn't
be that bad.....just didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else out
there already has it done.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0
victoria (3340)
1/20/2005 4:32:51 PM
Plus enhancement fees every year.  Normally it's the cost of the
enhancement and not the cost of the module that kills the deal for us.
Pretty cheap in this case but with a $2500 module a $400 enhancement
bill each year is rather hard to swallow.

Victoria [MVP] wrote:
> My 2 cents: the time you spend finding all the right tables and fields and
> testing this (or fixing it later if the testing is not done) is probably
> going to cost more than buying the utility that already does this from
> Microsoft, which if my memory is correct is $750.
Robert,

Unless something has changed since we did this for one our customers a few
months ago, the tools that Vendor Modifier is part of are sold without
enhancement fees.  There is an upgrade fee if you want to go to a future
version, but the cost of the tools does not add to your system cost which is
subject to the enhancement plan.

Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

Victoria [MVP] wrote:
> My 2 cents: the time you spend finding all the right tables and fields and
> testing this (or fixing it later if the testing is not done) is probably
> going to cost more than buying the utility that already does this from
> Microsoft, which if my memory is correct is $750.

0
victoria (3340)
1/20/2005 8:20:36 PM
Victoria is correct. There are no enhancement fees for the PSTL.

And if you divide $750 by an hourly rate, that's about 5 hours, depending
upon the prevailing rate. You could build the queries in that time, test
them, and run them. But, you could spend the same money and a lot less time
buying the utility.

However, if you only care about the Purchasing tables and are not concerned
with GL or other tables where vendor ids might be stored, you can use the
following query to find every table where a particular column name exists:

SELECT SYSOBJECTS.ID, SYSOBJECTS.NAME AS 'TABLE NAME',SYSCOLUMNS.NAME AS
'COLUMN NAME' FROM SYSCOLUMNS,SYSOBJECTS WHERE SYSCOLUMNS.NAME =
'supervisor' AND SYSCOLUMNS.ID = SYSOBJECTS.ID ORDER BY SYSOBJECTS.NAME

In the above query, change 'supervisor' to the vendor id field name.

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> Robert,
>
> Unless something has changed since we did this for one our customers a few
> months ago, the tools that Vendor Modifier is part of are sold without
> enhancement fees.  There is an upgrade fee if you want to go to a future
> version, but the cost of the tools does not add to your system cost which
> is
> subject to the enhancement plan.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Robert Yount" <ryount-remove-@prov.com> wrote in message
> Plus enhancement fees every year.  Normally it's the cost of the
> enhancement and not the cost of the module that kills the deal for us.
> Pretty cheap in this case but with a $2500 module a $400 enhancement
> bill each year is rather hard to swallow.
>
> Victoria [MVP] wrote:
>> My 2 cents: the time you spend finding all the right tables and fields
>> and
>> testing this (or fixing it later if the testing is not done) is probably
>> going to cost more than buying the utility that already does this from
>> Microsoft, which if my memory is correct is $750.

0
callen1071 (408)

how do you change a square picture to an oval?
What version Publisher? In 2002-03, draw an oval, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture. In 2000, insert, picture, new drawing, draw an oval, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kr" <kr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D088BAF-1FD6-4B94-AED1-F3AC56510949@microsoft.com... > ...

Bulk Date Change on Activities
Am new to CRM 3.0 however I would like to find a way of changing the due date on mulitple activites. I would like to be able to select multiple activites then apply possibly a rule that asks for a new due date for all activities selected. Anyone got any ideas???? ...

Change TV display in window
Is it possible to have the video completely fill the media center window, without making the media center program fullscreen? When I try and resize it, the window sizes like its on a widescreen monitor. I have gone through the setting and it is set as a standard display. This is in Windows 7....... IF I am running Vista everything is like it should be, the window is completley filled in with the TV or Movie that is playing. Maybe I'm missing something or you need to re-explain the question. When the video/TV is maximized, you don't see any of the Media Center interface...

Change default zoom value to page width in SSRS 2008
Is it possible to change the default zoom value from 100 to page width? thank you. ...

Is there a way to change the default shading color ?
Is there a way to change the default shading color ? Whenever I start Excel, the shading colour in the "Fill Colour" icon, in the Formatting Toolbar, has changed back to a light yellow color. I would like this to default to another color. I am using Excel 2000. change your book.xlt which is stored in your startup folder -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1226348E-882E-42D5-8EA4-123E249F1706@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default shading color ? > Whenever I start ...

How to get the ID of a dialog?
Hello all: I create a single document and insert resouce,and then select Dialog,I find this dialog's resource ID is IDD_DIALOG1,I want to know how to get this dialog's ID?thanks. CWnd::GetDlgCtrlID() ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > I create a single document and insert resouce,and then select > Dialog,I find this dialog's resource ID is IDD_DIALOG1,I want > to know how to get this dialog's ID?thanks. > > GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_ID); -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > I create a single document and i...

stop number font size from changing each time i click on somethin.
i am trying to do a graph of club lockers (bowling club) each time i put in a locker number the size changes back to 10. how do i get the no. size to stay at the size i want. using excel. I'm guessing that your default font size in the Normal Template is 10. Do you want to change the default font size for all Excel docs or just this one? "alibob26" wrote: > i am trying to do a graph of club lockers (bowling club) each time i put in a > locker number the size changes back to 10. how do i get the no. size to stay > at the size i want. using excel. ...

Event ID 8197 #2
I have been getting this error for about a week or two. The error reads: Type: Error Category: General Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8197 Error initializing session for virtual machine XXXXX. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. The store is running and fully fuctional. I'm running Exchange on a Server 2000 SP4 and Exchange 2000 SP3. I'm getting this error every 50 minutes. I have researched this error but there isn't a solution that I see fitting. I haven't really seen a solution at all. I don'...

"from" account when hit reply
When i reply to any message - no matter which account the message was sent to (i have two different accounts - 2 different email addresses coming into same place) it always lists "A" address, even though "B" is my default, and I have entered "A" as the reply address in my account settings for BOTH addresses. i am using outlook express. anyone know the answer? i am sending hundreds of replys and dont want to have to keep clicking the other account each time. thank you very much, trixie "trixie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Utility to change the average cost
Average Cost is calculated differently in Version 9.0. It is now tracked at each layer. You are no longer able to use the Change Average Costs window as this only changes the cost on the item card and does not update the layers. What you have to do is change each layer in the Inventory Adjust Costs window. And when Service Pack 2 is released, the Change Average Cost utility window will be removed. There is now no way to update average cost for an entire company. When there are over 100+ site id's, it is very difficult to make a change to the costs because it must be done in e...

Event ID 348 #3
I have migrated recently from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have three servers without service pack and all the three have groupshield (with SP1) installed. Few messages are also queued in Message Pending Subbmission queue. I have applied the patch mentioned in the following microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;842801 I have excluded the exchange directories from the local virus scan that is installed on each node. I am planning to install E2k SP1 but as per posting on internet Sp1 will not help in resolving this problem. Can anyone say wha...

How to change Display fonts size?
Hi, I am running Microsoft 2003 on Windows XP and I find its display font to be too small. Does anybody know how I can change the size of display fonts? THANKS Perhaps increasing the size of your system fonts in the display control panel might help. In general, Money complies with none of the accessibility protocols in this regard. What you (can't) see is what you get. "nmzhivago" <nmzhivago@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:18a7701c386c1$7f4452a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am running Microsoft 2003 on Windows XP > and I find its display font to be too small. >...

VBA function changing name
OK, here's a strange one - well strange to me anyway. I've declared a function in a module using mixed case: Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form) The function is called by the VBA code behind two different forms. I noticed the other day that it appeared in the module as Function tmde_category(FormName As Form) Obviously, this isn't preventing the database application from running, but I can't figure out why it changed. I changed it back to the mixed case declaration, saved the module, exited the app, reopened it and looked. The function had changed back t...

Edit Links/Change Source
I have an Excel file with multiple worksheets, each worksheet contains a chart or table, and a Word document which has these charts & tables inserted into it with links back to the Excel file. I intended to set these up as templates allowing the 2 files to be copied and pasted elsewhere to reuse. The problem is, when I copy the files elsewhere and try to change the source location of the charts to point to the new file location, instead of pulling from the appropriate worksheet within the Excel file, the new Word document just pulls the data from the 1st worksheet in the file...

change the IPM.Post to IPM.Contact in Public Folder
I created a folder in the public folder on the Exchange 2003 server. I went to my outlook 2003 public folder and look at the properties of that folder, it was set to IPM.Post. How do I change that folder from IPM.Post to IPM.Contact without changing the overall default settings? johnisccp <johnisccp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a folder in the public folder on the Exchange 2003 server. > I went to my outlook 2003 public folder and look at the properties of > that folder, it was set to IPM.Post. How do I change that folder > from IPM.Post to IPM.Contact...

How to stop time format changing when I merge cell contents?
I am trying to merge to time cells, (both set to English (United States), Time Type 13:30) both cells display correctly where I entered them (9:00 and 9:45) but when I merge the cell contents using the function =A4&" - "&B4 I get the result 0.375 - 0.406 instead of 9:00 - 9:45 as expected. The destination cell has the same time settings as the two original cells. How do I stop the times converting to decimals and get them to display the way I want them too? =TEXT(A4,"hh:mm") & " - " & TEXT(B4,"hh:mm") Gord Dibben MS ...

Change MS CRM 3.0 Install Account
I have a client who has MS CRM 3.0 installed and running but it was installed using the domain administrator account. "Administrator" Is there a way to change the install so it no longer has the Administrator account as the install account? They have created another account. MSCRMInstall which was supposed to be used for the install. Also in 1.2 and 1.0 there were a few special circumstances when the install account was needed to be used. Is there any circumstances like that in MS CRM 3.0 or could I just add MSCRMInstall as an MS CRM system administrator and disable the ins...

Changing the color of a Series Collection using visual basic?
I am trying to change the color of a Series Collection using visual basic. I have tried things like "Chart(1).SeriesCollection(2).Points.Interior.Color = 3" among many others, if you could give me any help I would appreciate it. Thanks Koreef, The examples below assume you are working with embedded charts: To change all of the series colors for all charts in a worksheet (edit out the markers if you don't want them): Sub LoopSeries() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim ser As Series For Each ws In Worksheets For Each ct In ws.ChartObjec...

Change CRM User's OU in AD
Our network admin. wants to rearrange users' OUs. The CRM users are currently in the domain.com>users built in OU. He wants to put them in an OU that is setup 2 levels deep from the domain.com level (domain.com > business name > users). The CompanyName OU that was created with the CRM install will not be changed in any direct way. Is this a problem for any CRM functionality (I should mention we use the SOA plugin and the Exchange Router)??? I seem to remember a problem with this. I have scoured the User's Guide and the Implementation Guide as well as this newsgroup...

Changing cell format
I've been using excel for quite sometime and there has been one thing that seriously irks me. Say, for example, I have a field (or for my purpose I have a column of 20000 fields) and the data as it is now is in text format. A field for example is "29.665" (w/o quotes of course). If I choose to copy this field into a new field it will bring it over as text or whatever format the cell is originally will transfer over. This is fine and understandable, however, if I change the field format to numeric with 2 decimals for instance, the field is still in its original format u...

Why would a message change from "read" back to "unread" in Outlook?
Hello, My boss has a desktop PC running Outlook XP in online mode and a portable running Outlook 2007 in cached mode. His mailbox is on an Ex 2003 server. During the day, he only uses the Outlook on the desktop although he does leave Outlook open on the portable at the same time. He's noticed that a message which he opened on the desktop PC (and even printed out) automatically changed back to unread on the desktop PC, i.e., appears in bold in the message list. The message arrived today and came from outside the company. I've checked the obvious things, like it only arrived once, was...

Digital ID #4
I received an email thru a list serv that I am unable to open or delete. I get the message "Your digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system". The email is not important to me - is there a way to delete it? ...

I have tagged an email address as junk mail can it be changed?
If I tag an email adderess as junk by mistake how can I change this? JExeter <JExeter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I tag an email adderess as junk by mistake how can I change this? Depends on the version of Outlook, but essentially you remove it from the Blocked Sender's list, since that's where you've put it. -- Brian Tillman ...

Changing the ip address on a domain controller runing exchange 2003
Hi, I have 3 DC in my organization and two of them are running Exchange 2003 back-end servers and the third one is Exchange 2003 front-end server. I want to change our company's ip address plan and acording to the article: http://searchwinsystems.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid68_gci924473,00.html Is there anything in exchange configuration that i have to change except the smart host for the SMTP connector. Thanks in advance Hi, You will need to change your firewall to forward SMTP and OWA to the new IP but apart from that it should just work. Leif <Blade77@gmail.com> wrote in ...

Copying charts with automatic change of data source
I need to chart a lot of small tables that I generate by copy and paste to have different data depending on the data I paste it next to. It takes me a long time to set up a chart for even one of these tables and I need to paste like over 100 of them. I'd like to be able to copy the table I'm making (it pulls data from other areas in the spreadsheet depending upon where I paste it) along with a chart which changes as the associated table is pasted. The pasted table works fine, but when I copy the chart, the data always refers back to the original table. If I try and just make ano...