Change salesperson for mutiple customers

We fired a salesperson and hired a new one, I want to do a mass change on the
customer cards to put in new salesperson.  I don't want to enter each change
individually.
0
allisons (2)

Unless they fit neatly in a customer class, you will probably want to use a
tool to update the records. You could use a SQL query (Update RM00101 set
slprsnid = 'new' where slprsnid = 'old' and Update RM00102 set slprsnid =
'new' where slprsnid = 'old') or MS Access or some other tool.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"allisons" wrote:

> We fired a salesperson and hired a new one, I want to do a mass change on the
> customer cards to put in new salesperson.  I don't want to enter each change
> individually.
0
callen (2505)

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Tracking Changes #4
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone could help me. I was going through the Track changes exercise, which is great to produce a report of who has change what and when etc. However I then found out that if I was to change my username in Tools>Options>General, in excel that track changes goes to pot and tracks the new username, so in effect I could disguise myself as someone else and change areas of the spreadsheet without successfully being tracked! Can this be stopped without using network administration rights to stop people going in and changing the username? Many Thanks Amanda ...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

Any idea how to delete a custom portfolio view???
Anytime I select a custom portfolio view within Money 06 Deluxe Trial, it crashes Money and I have to reinstall (and not select that particular view) in order to use the Portfolio Manager function w/in Money. Money '05 Deluxe did the same thing, hence my "upgrade" to '06 Deluxe Trial. In what I thought was more than a strange coincidence, the same thing happened when I used Money online through MSN. It crashed Internet Explorer and now if I select Portfolio online, Internet Explorer must close. Any potential solutions other than deleting the view are most welcome. Thanks...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

Custom App for RMS
Hello all, I am a medium size retailer on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I work for a watersports company called REAL Kiteboarding. We are a kiteboarding retail shop and also teach kiteboarding camps and lessons. Currently we are using Yahoo calendar to manage our camp/lesson schedule with our current POS. I have just figured setting up RMS SO and HQ to get our store running on a better POS system then what we have. I am now looking for a way to integrate a custom calendar/ booking solution with RMS to make bookings of our camps and lessons easier and more fail safe. Would any of ...

series name change
How can I change the name of "series" ? I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Thanks Daniel On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I change the name of "series" ? > >I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. >I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Choose menu Chart.. Source Data.. Series, and there will be a box for series name. You can ...

Need Help Using A Custom Session Manager
Hi. I have some questions about session management. I have decided to use a custom session manager class to have more control over session state in my web site. I have started out by using Stephan Prodan's Session Class here: http://stefanprodan.spaces.live.com/?_c11_BlogPart_BlogPart=blogview&_c=BlogPart&partqs=cat%3DC%2523 You'll need to take a look (which I appreciate immensely) to get a sense of what I am talking about. 1) My first question pertains to how I persist and access my session information after a user authenticates (or doesn't). In his exam...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

custom border problem #3
In Publisher 2007 when I try to create a custom border using a wmf/bmp/gif clipart of 5 to 10 kb size I get the following Alert Message: "This picture is too complex to be made into a border". How can I get around this problem as I have tried over a 100 pieces of clipart which Publisher rejects as too complex. What is an acceptable piece of clipart to Publisher? Surely there must be some simple solution to this. Can anyone help? "Broadford1" <jbane.ennis@eircom.net> wrote in message news:eJZabYejIHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In Publisher 2007 when I ...

Changed Server Numbers when Travel
I just had my outlook 2003AOL server numbers changed for no reason while travelling. Switched them back for my pop account and the would work, when shut down and then restart they would change from the correct to another set of numbers. Is there a way to stop these server numbers from changing while I travel. Thanks. What is a 'server number'? The IP address? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...

Custom shapes from pictures
I have created some custom shapes from some .jpg images, but am having one really annoying issue. The issue is that when i reduce the size of the image, its text box scales vertically, not horizontally, so the words are written horizontally. How do I change the behavior of the text box so it will scale horizontally and not wrap the words? ...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Change the mail Subject
When I choose to send my SOP Blank Invoice Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the Invoice number or customer name populating that field. Thank you Nancy, Out of the box, no. When you print a report to screen it loses all knowledge of what report it is (or where it came from). That's why when you then send to pdf the best the window can do is use the title of the output window as the s...

Restriction on appending data to custom fields on Account Form?
I'm having problems appending data to a custom field on the Account Form. However, the code works perfectly on a custom form, I've made. Btw, the ONLOAD code is: crmForm.all.fieldname.DataValue = 'Text'; On the custom form, the field is filled with the word Text, but on the Account form, nothing happens. Is there some kind of restriction on the account form, and if so - is it possible to remove this restriction? Thanks btw, another example to illustrate the problem: I use this code... window.moveTo(0,0); window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth, screen.availHeight); ....to...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

Problem importing customization in virtual machine
Hi there I have a serious problem when it try to import a customization xml to a test environment of crm 3.0. The file has a normal size and is exportet from an nearly identical system whit very few and harmless difference. The upload of the file is no problem and alle the entities are displayed. When i to import all the customization or even a single entity the process starts and it seems to work fine. But it will never come to an end. Even if I way some 24 hour as I did the process will never be finished. When I look at the eventlog i have the following message appearing every 5-10 m...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

Outlook- Customize Outlook today
Hello, After I downloaded windows update I'm no longer able to use the Customize Outlook today button. I get no errors. I get nothing at all. Any idea's how to fix this? Jeff This may help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08d501c3b28e$fd373620$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > After I downloaded windows update I'm no longer able to > use the Customize Outlook today button. I get no errors. I > get nothing at all. Any idea's how to fix this? > &...

Multiple workbooks from customers
I am recieving 10 different spreadsheets from customers which all contain the information I need. The issue arises that in that I only need 7 columns from each workbook, but they are not in the same order. Is there anyway to sort this? I can collate the data into one workbook if this will help. I get these reports on a monthly basis so I would love a macro to help fix this. Thanks Rory Downey presented the following explanation : > I am recieving 10 different spreadsheets from customers which all contain the > information I need. The issue arises that in that I only need 7 columns ...

Application-defined or Object-defined-error when changing color in
I have tried the following different approaches to chaning the background color of a cell in an Excell 2007 VBA module and have gotten Application-defined or Object-defined-error each time. I can display the color value I just can't seem to be able to change it. Sheet1.Cells(1, 2).Interior.Color = RGB(126, 255, 126) Worksheets("sheet1").Cells("A1").Interior.ColorIndex = 3 ActiveSheet.Cells(Cell).Interior.ColorIndex = 255 Range("A1").Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 1 Any help is welcomed. Thank you in advance for your help. hi t...