change sales id

Anyone know of a 3rd Party product that will change a salesman ID?  or maybe
a SQL script that will do it?  we have a salesman id set up incorrectly and
it was not caught until a month's worth of sales were posted to it and we do
not want to lose that information or have it divided between 2 ids.

TIA,

--
==============================
ryanb.

0
ryanb

If you do not find a tool try running this script in SQl
Query Analyzer

select * from sysobjects o, syscolumns c
		where	o.id = c.id
		    and o.type = 'U'
		    and c.name = 'employid'
		order by o.name
Change the 'employid' to the field you are looking for.
This script will find all tables in Great Plains that use
the Salesperson Id. Once you have this then you could do
an update to that id to the correct one. Obviously make
sure you set the salesperson id first. Run this script
for your Company and the Dynamics database.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/30/2004 12:32:51 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_063DEC2E

Hi:

There is a Salesperson Modifier available within the Professional Services
Tools Library that will allow you to change the Salesperson ID. This tool
is available if you are on SQL. For more information, you may contact your
local Partner.

Good luck!

------=_NextPart_0001_063DEC2E

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi:
\par
\par There is a Salesperson Modifier available within the Professional Services Tools Library that will allow you to change the Salesperson ID. This tool is available if you are on SQL. For more information, you may contact your local Partner.
\par
\par Good luck!
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_063DEC2E--

0
jhauge (6)
6/30/2004 2:12:50 PM
Thanks for the script!  Another post gave us a 3P tool to check out. If it
is too expensive (this will hopefully be the only time we have to do this) I
will give this a try and post back the results.

Thanks again,

--
==============================
> If you do not find a tool try running this script in SQl
> Query Analyzer
>
> select * from sysobjects o, syscolumns c
> where o.id = c.id
>     and o.type = 'U'
>     and c.name = 'employid'
> order by o.name
> Change the 'employid' to the field you are looking for.
> This script will find all tables in Great Plains that use
> the Salesperson Id. Once you have this then you could do
> an update to that id to the correct one. Obviously make
> sure you set the salesperson id first. Run this script
> for your Company and the Dynamics database.

0
ryanb

Publisher-How do I change calendars 04 to 05 without losing data?
I have a current document 12 calendars with data in each day. I am trying to change the calendars from 04 to 05 with losing the existing data. Is there a way the data can stay in the same spot and the dates change. I also want to keep the same layout I currently have. I have tried using calendar options but cannot get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Manually... You can try this, Expand your existing calendar by 12 months. On the toolbar, edit, office clipboard, this will give you 24 copied items you can collect. Copy your data, go to the next year, place your cursor where you...

How do i get the excel worksheet to automatically add or change c.

How to display a msgbox if on data change if field value wasn't nu
Is this possible to accomplish? A field (MyField) contains some text. When a user changes or deletes that text, I display a message box asking the user if he really wanted to change the text in MyField. The way my code is set up, the message box displays after every data change. (I'm not very good at writing code.) Dim ChgAnswer As Integer, MsgTitle As String, MsgDialog As Integer Const MB_YESNO = 4 Const MB_ICONEXCLAMATION = 48 Const MB_DEFBUTTON1 = 0, IDYES = 6, IDNO = 7 If Not IsNull(Me.MyField) Then Beep MsgTitle = "Data Change" MsgDia...

Changing the default folder view when opening or saving a file
In PowerPoint 2003, when clicking file>open to open an existing file, the “open” window defaults to the List view. Can the “Details” view be saved as the default? ...

How to change Bridgehead server?
I'm migrating to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. Have the old 5.5 server and the new 2003 server the same Site/Administrative Group. I've moved all mailboxes to the 2003 server, and have added an SMTP connector to the 2003 server and added our domains to the address space tab , and have pointed DNS/MX records to the new server and it is receiving new mail just fine. All users connect to the new server to send/receive mail. I notice though in the email header of outgoing mail to other domains that the server that sent out the email is the old 5.5 Servername/IP Address. If I stop the...

Updating IDs Using Junction Tables Without Combo Boxes
All, I am currently working on creating an input form that is designed to have contact information entered on one side of the form and land parcel information loaded into the other. The Contact information would be stored in the contact table, and the parcel data in a parcel table. I have a junction table, Owner that is designed to hold the Contact ID and the Parcel ID. My question is this, once the data is entered, how do I get the Owner table to populate with the proper IDs? I have previously created a database that used combo boxes, thus setting the IDs by that choice, but I don...

OWA changing password problem
When I log onto OWA to change my password, th Internet Service Manager pops up just like it should And all the fields are empty except for the ACCOUN field The problem is that the first letter is missing Exchange2003 on win2003 DC I have the exact same problem. I believe it to be an AD issue since I've seen the same thing with other products. Anyone have any ideas? "gottado" wrote: > When I log onto OWA to change my password, the > Internet Service Manager pops up just like it should. > And all the fields are empty except for the ACCOUNT > field. > The problem ...

How to change the font used in register ? M2K5
How to change the font used in register ? M2K5 I want to use Money register with my native font. Although I can change windows appearence fonts from Desktop-Peoperties-Appearence to My Native Fonts. There is no change in money. Thanks in advance. k0zaw2005 ...

changing filter arrow colors
When using the filter option, if you have a large number of columns filtered it is difficult to determine which field arrows are filtered and which are not due to the small arrow on the filter arrow changing to blue vs the unfiltered arrows remaining black. If there was a more distinct color change, ie bright red it would be easier to determine which column was filtered. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do ...

Changing date formats in Excel
I am importing data that has a date format mm/dd/yy and want to find an easy way to convert this date to dd/mm/yy. I would appreciate any assistence anyone can offer -- fdoherty ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fdoherty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25144 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386390 Format Cells -> Date Select English (United Kingdom) as Locale. "fdoherty" <fdoherty.1s1zuv_1121166329.0795@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:f...

How do I change the ruler to inches in access
It's generally considered polite to put your question in the body of the post, rather than strictly post a subject. As well, details such as what version of Access and of Windows can be useful. That having been said, Access gets its unit of measure from the operating system. The only way to have the ruler in Access be in inches is to choose U.S. rather than Metric for the Measurement Units in Regional Settings in the Control Panel. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Johnotaker" <Johnotaker@discussions.microsoft...

Change the Default Comment Format to NOT be bold
I have changed the DEFAULT font on the comments by doing the following: 1. Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties. 2. On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. 3. From the Item dropdown, choose Tootip 4. Choose a font size, click OK, click OK. . . . . . and I see where there is an icon to click to turn the Bold function on and off; but it is not working for me. Is this just the way it is? or am I doing something wrong? I do not want the default for comments to be bold. ...

Change Email from OnClick to On Deactivate
My Report is emailed from an On Click control, I am want to change it to On Deactivate of my Report is this possible, here is my code from a control Thanks if you can help me...................Bob Private Sub SendMailButton_Click() On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Dim lngID As Long, strMail As String, strBodyMsg As String, _ blEditMail As Boolean, sndReport As String, strCompany As String Dim msgPmt As String, msgBtns As Integer, msgTitle As String, msgResp As Integer Select Case Me.OpenArgs Case "ownerStatement" sndReport = "rptOwner...

Changing Periodicity in a Chart
Hi, I have actual monthly data points going back about 10 years and I have them charted with a monthly periodicity. The x-axis is labeled every 3 months. I have quarterly forecasts I want to chart continuing from the monthly data. So I want the monthly data charted until March 2005 and then I want it to start charting my quarterly forecasts beginning in the 2Q 2005 and going through 4Q 2006. I also want all of the data points between 2Q 2005 and 4Q 2006 labeled on the x-axis. When I try to chart this it does not look very good. If you could help me out I would greatly appreciate ...

Automation of change of data range
It is too tedious to have to go in and manually type in the new cell references to update charts weekly. Is there a way to automate the process? If I could simply reference the new dates or something with maybe a macro would help. I am not conversant in Visual Basic, but an quite skilled in Excel. Thanks, KIOhio Update, I neglected to mention Excel 2007. "KIOhio" wrote: > It is too tedious to have to go in and manually type in the new cell > references to update charts weekly. Is there a way to automate the process? > If I could simply reference the new dat...

Cells change based on other cell input
The code below works for what it is supposed to do. This request is for the second portion the two need to work together. Here you go. Cells F14 and F16 (first and last names)if one or both are filled in then cells F22 and F23(X) are made red if there isn't an X in one or the other of them. If there is then neither are red. If only one of the F14 or F16 Cells are filled in, then which ever isn't is turned red along with F22 or F23 if one or the other of these cell doesn't have an X in it. If there is and X in either F22 or F23 but only one of the F14 or F16 cell is filled ...

How would I forecast something(sales) using excel
Can someone kindly help how to forecast. For and example lets say I ve got sales data for the past 10 months. And I need to forecast sales for the next two months. Also I was given the targeted amounts for the 2 months. I need to fore cast sales by product to match the final target figure for the 2 months. Is there a mathamatical way to do it using excel. Help would be greatly appreciated. THanks -- kaushi "Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9501E32-CCAF-4828-884D-A3EE1069ABCA@microsoft.com... > Can someone kindly help how to forecast...

Sale of Manufactured Lot Controlled Item did not relieve inventory
GP v9 on SQL 2000 with Manufacturing and Nolan Advanced SOP modules: We created a new lot controlled item then received it into a new lot through an MRC. The inventory when from zero to the 25KG created by the receipt. All on hand was immediately sold through a Sales Order and subsequent invoice. The inventory still shows the 25KG, not zero. The Sales Document, Inventory Transactions and Serial/Lot Trace inquiry screens all show normally (i.e., there is a receipt for 25KG, and a Sale for 25KG, for the lot in question). Transactions flowing to the G/L are normal (i.e. all the ...

In PUB 2007, how can the color of words be changed in WordArt?
I can change the color of the fill in PUB 2007 but not the color of the words. How can I change the color of words? The file *is* the color of the words. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JE" <JE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E1DBD9B-7B4F-43BE-A6B0-24647ACC9B85@microsoft.com... >I can change the color of the fill in PUB 2007 but not the color of the > words. How can I change the color of words? On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:21:02 -0800, JE <JE@discussions.m...

Password change
I have just upgraded to outlook 2003, and now my outlook log on box, nolonger has a change password option. How do I now change my password. I log on to a Microsoft exchange server for my email Hamish ...

How do I change a column of 500 numbers from positive to negative
I have a column of 500 numbers which are all positive. I would like to change them to negative. Appreciate any help. Thanks. Ken Hi, In some other cell enter -1. Select and copy that cell, then select the column of numbers, right click and select 'Paste Special' (you can also access Paste Special under 'Edit' in the Toolbar), select 'Multiply' and click 'OK'. Now you can get rid of the -1 in the helper cell you created. Regards, B. R. Ramachandran > I have a column of 500 numbers which are all positive. I would like to change > them to negative. A...

Making CFileDialog Forget Directoy Change
Is there a way to make the file dialog not update the stored initial directory? There are tertiary files that my users occasionally will need to access, but I don't want that to muck up the initial location of the file dialog. If you know the initial directory that they should be shown then set that in CFileDialog::m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir before you call DoModal on the CFileDialog. AliR. "Fish in a Barrel" <aaron.m.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155912128.645535.235410@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to make the file dialog not update the st...

To change the project type
Hi, I would like to know, is it possible to change the project type from Time and Material to Fixed Price and vice versa after the transactions has been posted against the project. Regards, Madan ...

Change of language
Hello everyone! I am trying out MsMoney and I would like to know if you can select different languages, and if so, how? I am not familiarize to english accounting terms, as I am a Spaniard. Thank you if someone can help me. MS sell Money in a number of language variants to reflect different tax laws between countries, but I don't think they have produced a Spanish version for some years. You might get more help in the microsoft.public.es.money Spanish newsgroup. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny...

Change link between form and subform