Change position ID in HR

We would like to change the position ID in human resources. Does anyone have
a suggestion on this.
0
KT (80)

You would need to do it behind the scenes using a tool like Query Analyzer.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"KT" wrote:

> We would like to change the position ID in human resources. Does anyone have
> a suggestion on this.
0
callen (2505)
5/1/2007 4:08:01 PM
careful though when you change it on the background as you need to know all
the tables that use this position ID or Position Code and change it there too
otherwise all the link would be gone and you end up with orphan records that
its just the same as creating a new one and copying the details of the old
one.

---Darryl Bajaro

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> You would need to do it behind the scenes using a tool like Query Analyzer.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "KT" wrote:
>
> > We would like to change the position ID in human resources. Does anyone have
> > a suggestion on this.
0
dbajaro (68)

change fonts for specific fields in a report
A Great Plains report prints checks. The check amount field is too small and needs to be increased. How does one change the font of a particular field in a Great Plains report? If the report is a text report, you can't change the font. If it's a graphical report, click on the field and press <Ctrl-D>. "caincognito@yahoo.com" wrote: > A Great Plains report prints checks. The check amount field is too > small and needs to be increased. How does one change the font of a > particular field in a Great Plains report? > > If it is a text report, you...

Where to change my own internet adress in "FROM:" field?
I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server. My own eMail address is presented to recipients as Aaaaa.Bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Note: mixing of capital and lower letters I want my email address completely changed to lower letters: aaaaa.bbbbbb@ccccccc.com Where in Outlook can I change this? or is this a setting in Exchange Server ? Joe This is a setting in ADUC/Exchange. I would guess that everyone is set up with the same format throughout the company. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joe deAngelo" wr...

Changing menu bar height
Hello, is there a way to change the menu bar height of an application? Regards, Nicola I dont see how that can be done without replacing the whole menu mechanism. You can do that if you want by putting in a toolbar/rebar which acts as a menu. Example MFCIE shows how to make a toolbar as a menu. YOu can change the height of the toolbar/rebar to what you want. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Nicolas Bonamy" <mynab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OUgmBPOjDHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... | Hello, | | is there a way to change the menu bar height of an appl...

Changing positive values to negative
I’m using excel 2007with windows xp pro. I use excel very infreuently and not since upgrading to 2007. I have a long column of dollar values that I need to change from positive to negative values such as: $123.45 ($123.45) I can accomplish the feat manually over many hours by F2>.HOME>- > ENTER> DOWN ARROW and repeat and repeat and repeat. Or I can use a macro. But using a macro has changed from years ago. When I tried the macro inserted a specific value of cell rather than the value of the selected cell. So that didn’t work. What can make this conversion easier? If t...

Positions showing up instead of transactions
Greetings, I am currently using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and just recently (a week or two) I am experiencing a problem with my Vanguard transactions not working properly. I used to get Vanguard mutual fund and brokerage services transactions (buy, sell, etc.), but now I'm only receiving position adjustments (add x amount of shares instead of actual transaction on specific dates). I've been using Microsoft Money since 2001 so I know it can get wonky at times. I'm not sure if this is just another temporary Money problem though or whether Vanguard has changed how they handle elec...

Get/change operation on Table
I am trying to set up the transit numbers in the bank Maintenance screen (View>>Financial Lists>>Checkbooks ->under the Bank ID link). When I try to save the changes made to the Bank Maintenance screen I get the error a get/change operation on table 'ME_Pay_Check_Setup' cannot find the table. If I press ok, I get another error stating that I "Cannot run the trigger script." If I Press More Info I get a SQL error stating that it is an invalid object name. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. You have the Mekorma MICR Check...

Password Change
Hi, I am using Money 2007 Deluxe and want change my password at a financial institution. The change at the bank works fine, but Money keeps reverting to old password. Hee's is how I try to make change. From the account register, I go to "Change account settings" then "Change bank or brokerage passwords" then "Edit user ID or password" I then type, not copy and paste, my new password and "Save Changes" I then try to update online and am told password and or user id, incorrect. When I go back to "Edit user ID or password" my old password i...

How to change owner (From:) of a public folder, newsgroup post
How do I change the Owner or From: for a newsgroup post. This is a post in an Exchange 2003 public folder of type newsgroup. The posts in question are from a generic user account and I need to change it to the specific user. I tried by opening the post, choosing Edit menu -> Revise Contents, and changing the From: to the new person. But it would not save, and if I reposted it would keep the original user (poster) in the From: field (and of course it also changed the post to the current date/time). I have tried this method, to no avail, using the original user, and two different a...

Excel 2007
Hi all, We have a spreadsheet that was set up to link to a database via a system DSN. To simplify deployment of this, I'd like to change this to connect via the connection string below: DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx;DATABASE=xxx; I've done this for another spreadsheet, and it was easy (Data tab- >Connections->Properties), but in this next spreadsheet the Connection Properties for one connection are greyed out/disabled, so I can't change the string. Does anyone have any ideas how to enable these values again so I can change the connection string? thanks! ...

Change reference in formula from cell address to name
I'm fairly sure I saw this yesterday somewhere in this forum, but after almost two hours of searching, and not finding, I figure I've earned the right to ask - if only because someone should feel sorry for my pathetic search skills (or bad memory). Example: say I have a formula =$A$1+$B$2. Later, I name cell A1 "start" and B2 "finish". The original formula above still has the cell references and not the cell names (it does not change to =start+finish). How can I get the formulae created prior to naming cells to change and reflect the cell names? Secondly, give...

change cell values from an edit box
Is there any way to change a cell's value with an edit box? I've used drop down lists to change/update values, but I have no experience at all with edit boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike ...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Change legend text in Excel Chart
Dim appAs Excel.Application Dim chart As Excel.Chart Set app = CreateObject("Excel.Application") chart.HasLegend = true My problem is how do I change the label of the legend used in the excel.chart ? Can someone show me how to access it ? thanks. Quest You use the Name property of the SeriesCollection method like so This will set the name property of seriescollection 1 to the value test Chart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=""Test""" Not sure if Excel will like you using the variable Chart?? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, En...

Fastest way to deploy changes
Hi everyone. I'm giving some advises to certain company. They have a Project STANDARD Environment (2007) and I've created several custom fields for their Projects. Since they have between 20 and 30 projects, I need to find the fastest way to deploy changes in that custom fields. So far I've followed these steps: 1.Make changes to the custom field in the project template. 2.Copy modified field to the global (overwriting the existing one) 3.Copy field from global to EACH project (have to open one by one) Changes include: formulas, lookup tables values, graphic ind...

Block Users from changing permissions
How can i stop users from changing permissions on their mailboxes. For example, we have 20 CSR's that I what to block from being able to change how their calender and contacts are shared. Only managers should be able to access their calenders, but they like to grant each other the permissions to do so. Also, is there a way to do this by group or mailbox store? I have tried playing with the permissions on the Exchange Advanced tab in AD users and computers to no avail, i have checked the deny on change permissions on Self, but it doesnt seem to have any affect. Thanks PS. Exchange 2003 S...

home page won't change when updated, how do i fix?
Publisher 2007 used to create web page. After initial publishing of web page, some changes were made to update site. All other pages updated, however, the home page won't update. How do I fix this? Thanks When you Publish to the Web, Publisher produces an index.htm file (your home page) and an index_files folder that contain all the other pages on the site plus the supporting graphics. You must upload both the index.htm file and the index_files folder. Perhaps you did not upload the index.htm file. Perhaps your old index.htm file was not overwritten. Try uploading it again, ...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

I Need to change reference sheet for all cells on a form
Good afternoon, I am copying a spreadsheet to make summary sheet and I need to change which sheet the cells are referncing on my copy. Some of the cells refer to for example, =PRIOR YEAR!B3, some of the cells use a command to Round(PRIOR YEAR!B3/100), I would like to change all the references that currently refer to "PRIOR YEAR" sheet and make them "CURRENT YEAR" sheet, so my references would look like this =CURRENT YEAR!B3 and Round(CURRENT YEAR!B3/100). I am curious if a paste special, or shortcut exists that can do this quickly so I dont have to go in and manual...

A copy of a chart doesn't change when the original has new range
So I have a chart that is based on data until october: paid unpaid total paid vs unpaid january 1 65 66 2% february 3 5484 5487 0% march 564 2621 3185 18% april 561 56194 56755 1% may 516 548 1064 48% june 61 64 125 49% july 61 894894 894955 0% august 6 9494 9500 0% september 161 48949 49110 0% october 9616 949189 958805 1% november 0 #DIV/0! december 0 #DIV/0! Then I create a copy of this chart in new worksheet. However, when I update range of the original chart until December (specifing new range) with updated figures, the copy doesn't update itself and I have to also manually up...

Change Required Field Property in Table
I am trying to change the required field property in for a field in an existing table based on a value in a field in my form. I am using the BeforeUpdate event. Here is what I have so far: tables!tblPayments!tblPaymentsDateWritten.Required = False When the conditions are met, I get a message that says, "Runtime error '424' Object Required." Can the Required property of the field be altered from a form? If so, How can I do it? "Jonas" <sundet@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:68bdf43b-85b9-4ad0-8a38-faee98d6dabf@d2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com......

Plot area changed after reopen document
Hy, I have problem with unstable format of charts in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet (under Windows XP). When I re-open a spreadsheet, the plot area is usually contracted to a much smaller portion of the total chart area, leaving lots of white space around the edges. This happens repeatedly with some, but not all, of the charts in my spreadsheet. Some are x-y plots, some are combination line, bar plots. Is there any way to keep the size of the plot area from changing? Thank you for help. ...

Changing header and footer details in queries???????
Reports are simple in design view but queries are what I am interested in. I have not found a way to alter the header information in a query other than to turn it off. Is there a way to add information???? Cheers Duncan Duncan, open the query in design view put the cursor in a column of the query open the query's property dialog in the row for Caption, type the name to show for the heading for that column. To do this in a more automatic way, create a calculated field for that column by putting the heading followed by a colon in front of that field Example Field called ODate in the row...

Changing Bank
My company is going to change bank, what we need to do in GP8? Please advise. Thanks. stien Create a new Checkbook ID and be sure to use a Bank Transaction or Transfer entry if you are going to move funds from one bank to another "stien" wrote: > My company is going to change bank, what we need to do in GP8? > Please advise. Thanks. > > stien > Thanks. "Leslie Vail" wrote: > Create a new Checkbook ID and be sure to use a Bank Transaction or Transfer > entry if you are going to move funds from one bank to another > > "stien" ...