cd ripping problems

Recently I have had difficulty ripping my cd to my hard drive. Periodically,
when I put a cd in my drive and try to rip it, the computer reboots itself,
and then I am told that the computer had a serious error. It does not happen
all the time. I never have difficulty ripping one of my dvds to back it up;
only cds. Any answers?
0
Keyrom (1)

This is the wrong newsgroup for your message.  This newsgroup is for the
Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP solution.
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Keyrom" wrote:

> Recently I have had difficulty ripping my cd to my hard drive. Periodically,
> when I put a cd in my drive and try to rip it, the computer reboots itself,
> and then I am told that the computer had a serious error. It does not happen
> all the time. I never have difficulty ripping one of my dvds to back it up;
> only cds. Any answers?

template problems
I used one resume template to create several resumes of the same style. When I finished each of them, I changed it from the template to a publisher document, performed a "save as," and saved as a separate document. However, when I assembled them into one large document as part of a company profile, all of the names changed to the one I was pasting in. I tried to change them, but every time I did, all of them would change to that name. Why is this happening? Thanks for your time and help, Lisa If you told us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using, it would h...

Problem with controls overlapping a child window
Hi I have a CDialog window with some controls, I have another CDialog (with with WS_CHILD attribute). When I show the child window (embedded in the parent), the parents controls that should be hidden beneath the child window are still shown. I have tried setting "Clip Children" and "Clip Siblings" as well as "Control" attributes (in the resource editor for the dialog templates) but I can't seem to get it rigth. Calling SetWindowPos with CWnd::wndTopMost on the child window doesn't work either. I could ofcourse just hide all the controls in the parent wi...

When copying .pst files from the Burned cd rom..
I am getting this error when I attempt to copy the .pst file I have burned to a cd rom to my locasl hard disk: Cannot Copy Sept22: Invalid MS DOS Function I am a little concerned since since the machine I have taken this information from and burned to cd is no lonbger available...Any ideas? Mitch <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am getting this error when I attempt to copy the .pst > file I have burned to a cd rom to my locasl hard disk: > > Cannot Copy Sept22: Invalid MS DOS Function > > I am a little concerned since since the machine I have &...

user input into HTM area
I am using the transaction screen area to display a custom web page. This accepts user input (which the customisation guide told me was possible). The problem is that when enter is pressed in text box or similar control the tender screen pops up. If the transaction screen area is allowed to accept input then there must be a way around this. I am actually using it to try to get input from a scanner/swipe card and the carridge return is making the tender screen appear. In the transaction screen on a blank transcation line pressing enter makes the tender box pop up but when are scaning an item...

Problem in Money 2003 Deluxe and Business
I want to change my company's street and e-mail addresses that appear on every invoice. I don't want to modify the template. How can I do this? Howard ...

Problem with shutting down and starting up.
Question about Microsoft Outlook 2003 When I check my e-mail the first time, it works find. When I close it the Outlook Icon stays on the taskbar. When I go back to check e-mail again, it does not open. If I click on the taskbar icon this message comes up �Outlook is not responding. If you are using an exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking on the Outlook icon in the notifications area, and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. � I use a pop3 account, no exchange server. The only way that I can't use Outlook is to reboot. T...

Problem with Outlook 2007 B2
Hi, I seem to have an issue with the new Outlook 2007 Beta 2. Standard setup (no changes made during install, no changes made from within Outlook). I am using an existing PST file from OL2003. All messages received prior to the installation are viewable within Outlook 2007. However, any new message received has the following: - The message header can be viewed in the Inbox - The message body can NOT be viewed in the reading pane (the reading pane contains the sender, subject, attachments, but no body). - If I enable quick preview in the Inbox folder view, the first fiew lines of th...

Problems Balancing Checking Account-Wrong Opening Balance or date range
I have not previously had problems balancing my checking account wis Money 2004. Tonight when I went to do so, it gave a much different opening balance then the closing balance from the previous bank statement, when it balanced o.k. In fact, for some unknown reason, it was a month behind, said it wanted to balance the statement of 10/31/04...which I dutifully did again, after correcting the opening balance. That opening balance did not match any enf of month balances, even though eveyrthing balanced o.k. previously on 10/31/04. (This might be part of where things went wrong). Then when I b...

Copy Problem #2
After years of happily copying Excel formulae and/or results, I now have a problem. I'm copying from a worksheet saved in Excel 97. I'm working in Excel 2003. I open the saved worksheet and copy a cell such as: =VARPA(B3:AB3) When I paste it into a new worksheet (created in Excel 2003) the value is pasted and not the formula. Can anyone help me copy the formula? Steve steve2@almond.nildram.co.uk wrote in news:1123715732.078417.170900 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > After years of happily copying Excel formulae and/or results, I now > have a problem. > I'm copying f...

Coversion problem
Hi I am trying to get information from 4 cells. The 4 cells are ... 2006-01-07 Week 01 .xls The formula I have is this ... =LEFT(M10,10)&LEFT(N10,10)&(LEFT(O10,10)&LEFT(P10,10)) Maybe not the best way but it works. The problem is i want this Result .... 2006-01-07 week 01.xls And I get this result ..... 38724 Week 01.xls Where the date is represented by the value not the date :( I am using the format yyyy-mm-dd;@ for the date ( as a side note if any one can tell me why i need the ";@" Cheers, Wayne ...

Crystal Reports Enhancement Problem
I listened to a user (1st mistake) who said Crystal Reports 8.5 wasn't included with CRM and that we needed it so he could modify reports. I installed crystal reports 8.5 Pro nly to find out that a Pre-Configured version of Crystal 8.5 needs to be utilized, now i can not access any reports. I get a 'Crystal Report Logon Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal Licenses' Any ideas on how to rectify this problem and where is this Pre- Configured version? Thanks, VLE. VLE, As you've discovered, you can't install the Crystal IDE on the CRM Server as i...

OL2002: Problem with Calendar Folder Size
I am having a problem with the size of my calendar folder size having grown out of control. This probably began with syncing to my Palm. If that is the REAL problem, how can we clean our calendar folder and retain some of my historical Calendar information? Is it possible to somehow archive the information/appointments from the Calendar folder that can be re-accessed if we need to see it? Thank you in advance for your assistance. MJ set up autoarchive to clean it out - it'll move them to a new pst. Also, there are some duplicate removers you could run to get rid of dups. There i...

problem caused the program to stop working correctly
I can't get my outlook 2002 to start, it keeps saying that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Have you tried starting Outlook in Safe Mode? start->run->outlook.exe /safe (notice the space before the /) -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, ronyin asked: | I can't get my outlook 2002 to start, it keeps saying that a problem | caused the program to stop wo...

budget problem in money 2004
I'm a user on money 98 for user and decided to upgrade to 2004 to use sync with pocket pc ... I've installed money 2004 but I could not setup a budget ... the budgeted ammouts get corrupted and I cannot recover ... I've decided to go back to 98 ... I've seen a lot of messages about this problem here ... ISN'T MICROSOFT DOING ANYTHING TO FIX THIS BUG ????????? Tough to say for sure, but past performance would suggest not. SHOUTING at us is unlikely to make a difference. Opening a $upport ca$e directly with Micro$oft and hitting them where it hurt$ might be more effect...

Weird Problem
Hi all, first thanks for your time. My problem is the following: I made an Application in Access XP to run in 97, after doing the rights modifications to certains references ('cause i use the Excel), the program runs in every computer that i installed (4 PCs and a VMware PC) After this every change made to the source was succesfully applied to all computers. At this point all seems to go perfect. The problem begins when after an external problem a hard disk from one of this PCs (one with Win2k Server and Office 97) must be changed. They install it again with (Win2K Server but Office 2...

Portfolio view problems
I upgraded to Money 2004 and I'm having trouble with portfolio view. One of my accounts does not even show up in the view even though it is an active account. Also, the quantity column is empty...no listing of shares. Can anybody help? Thanks George Is the account defined as a watch account? If so, remove the option and see whether that's any better -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/su...

Combo box problem not fixed by hotfix
Seems like my problem should have been fixed by the hotfix for Office2003 SP3, but not so for me : ( Row source for my combo box is a query from a single table. There are 7 columns, but only the first 2 columns are visible (width > 0"). The bound column property is set to 2. But that's where the problem lies. It doesn't matter WHAT number I enter for the bound column property - what I get is the column 1 value everytime. Please tell me I'm overlooking something simple? Or maybe installed the hotfix incorrectly? Sounds like it works for everyone else... ...

Attempting to burn a cd
I've always used frostwire and meida player to make cd's. Today I had an automatic update for the latest media player so I went ahead and did all the updates it had (service pack 3 was one of them). After downloading my music i attempted to drag them from frostwire to the media player as i've always done. Unfortunately it is not allowing me to place any songs in the playlist area. Can anyone help me????? Thank you What version of WMP and Windows? What's the file type of these music files (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? If you try to drag the files from their folder in W...

Problem opening 'outlook.pst' (IM Only mbox)
Hello, I have an outlook.pst mbox that I tried to open via 'File->Open->Personal Folder File(pst)' and I am getting the following message "Properties for this Information Service must be defined prior to use". I've check that 'outlook.pst' is not read-only. Any idea? Thanks -- LB You should create new profile and add the pst file as a personal folder. Steve "LyeBeng Ong" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an outlook.pst mbox that I tried to open via > 'File->Open->Personal Folder File(pst)' and I am getting the followin...

Recipient policy filter problem
I am trying to create a new Recipient policy in exchange. Is there any good documentation on how to create the filter? When I create a filter it never returns any users. I have a group that I setup that I want to have a certain email addresses. Under this group I have several members. I created a filter with the "member of" criteria. When I go to view them the filter returns 0 users. Josh If you use "memberOf=" as the filter, verify that you're using the distinguishedName of the group in the filter. e.g. (memberOf=CN=MyGroup,CN=Users,DC=myDomain,DC=com) *...

Problems with Conditional Formatting
Hello All, This may have been covered by previous topics, but I could not see it. I want to apply 3 different conditional formats to a column where the cells have a formula applied as follows: =IF(Q11>=5,"1",IF(Q11>=4,"2", IF(Q11>=3,"3",IF(Q11>=2,"4",IF(Q11<2,"5"))))), Q being a column where a SUM is calculated. The conditions I want are RED for value >=5, ("1"); ORANGE for value >=4, ("2"); and YELLOW for value >=3, ("3"). When I apply the conditional formatting it only appears to work...

Problem syncronizing with handheld device.
we have exchange 5.5 on nt 4.0, had a problem earlier and had to recreated the entire database to solve the problem. now we encounter a problem for user to syncronize their handheld devece with ourlook. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Sunu what kind of handheld? I'm sure some reconfiguration needs to be done there...if you had to set up a new profile for the user, maybe you just need to point the software for the handheld to that new profile...? "Sunu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c3301c4a179$4d89d590$a301280a@phx.gbl... > w...

OWA Access Problem #2
I have just set up my SBS 2003 server and all seems to be working well EXCEPT for OWA. When I go to the login screen I am prompted for user name and password. When I type one in I get a response of "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again." I even tried the convention of <domain>\username + pw. I tried this with several accounts but no go. On my client computers (XP) they hook up their Outlook 2003 clients with no problem so I know it is not a specific account issue but something that...

faq how to sovle this problem?
Hi, I add a function manuly, but I got this when I click the name of function in classview. How to tackle this problem? --------------------------- Microsoft Visual C++ --------------------------- Cannot find the definition (implementation) of this function. --------------------------- ȷ�� --------------------------- I know now! "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> д����Ϣ����:edm283$3qt$1@news.cn99.com... > Hi, > I add a function manuly, but I got this when I click the name of > function in classview. > How to tackle this problem? > --------------------------- ...

Combo Box Problem
Hi friends can anyone tell me how i can add a string to combo box runtime . i have used one editbox and one combo box in my program. i need to insert string of edit box in combo box when user clicks on button. i have tried to used getdlgitem method but i was failed then i try to use member variable of combobox "CComboBox m_c;" and try to add string by m_c.AddString(m_e) [m_e is member variable of textbox]but it didnt work so plz tell me how i can here is my program UpdateData(1); m_c.AddString(m_e); but it didn't work then i try getdlgitem UpdateData(1); CComboBox *c...