Cash Receipts and Check book

Hi,

This is regarding Cash Receipts in Sales Module of GP 10.

The input screen for cash receipt has a field to enter the cheque book id.
However upon posting receipts, the cheque book register does not get updated
with the receipt amount. Surely, the GL account associated with the cheque
book gets the debit, but not the check book register.

Would appreciate advice, comments.

Thanks

CarlG

0
jdavidyy (45)

Carl,

The next step after entering a cash receipt is to deposit it in the Bank Rec
module.  Go to Transactions > Financial > Bank Deposits to do this.  The
reason for this is that the check register should mirror what your bank
statement will have and you may be depositing multiple cash receipts
together, so the Deposit is a way to group them into what will show up on
the bank statement and the checkbook register will show one line per
deposit.  Timing is another reason, though typically not as important for
most companies - theoretically, you could have that cash receipt sitting in
your office for 5 days before depositing it into the bank.

Hope this helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"CarlG" <jdavidyy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This is regarding Cash Receipts in Sales Module of GP 10.
>
> The input screen for cash receipt has a field to enter the cheque book id.
> However upon posting receipts, the cheque book register does not get
> updated
> with the receipt amount. Surely, the GL account associated with the cheque
> book gets the debit, but not the check book register.
>
> Would appreciate advice, comments.
>
> Thanks
>
> CarlG

0
victoria (3340)
7/2/2008 8:55:22 AM
Thank you very much, Victoria.

That was Quick.

CarlG

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Carl,
>
> The next step after entering a cash receipt is to deposit it in the Bank Rec
> module.  Go to Transactions > Financial > Bank Deposits to do this.  The
> reason for this is that the check register should mirror what your bank
> statement will have and you may be depositing multiple cash receipts
> together, so the Deposit is a way to group them into what will show up on
> the bank statement and the checkbook register will show one line per
> deposit.  Timing is another reason, though typically not as important for
> most companies - theoretically, you could have that cash receipt sitting in
> your office for 5 days before depositing it into the bank.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
> http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
>

> "CarlG" <jdavidyy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is regarding Cash Receipts in Sales Module of GP 10.
> >
> > The input screen for cash receipt has a field to enter the cheque book id.
> > However upon posting receipts, the cheque book register does not get
> > updated
> > with the receipt amount. Surely, the GL account associated with the cheque
> > book gets the debit, but not the check book register.
> >
> > Would appreciate advice, comments.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > CarlG

0
jdavidyy (45)

Bank Reconciliation should have transfers on cash receipt side
At present, if you post a cash receipt and you are using the Bank Reconciliation module, you only have the choice of Cash, Cheque or Credit Card. I believe there should be another option called Direct Debit (or another name like Direct Transfer etc) that means that if you post a cash receipt of that type, it will post the receipt directly to the Bank Reconciliation instead of having to go and post a Bank Deposit to have the amount included in the Bank Reconciliation. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes....

Receipt Formats Refuse to Change
I have looked high and low for a solution on this one to no avail: I am editing receipt templates in the Manager>Database>Registers>Receipt Format screen There is only one entry in the Receipt Formats window, titled "40 Column Receipt". I select Properties, then Properties on the "Sales" receipt. The preview looks exactly as I'd like it to be. For good measure I select "Open" and then "Save As", so I know it's saving a fresh copy. I click OK to exit then Yes to update all transaction types. Now I click on the magnifying glass by "S...

Import Address Book (WAB file) to contacts of outlook 2003
Greetings I have newly started to use Outlook 2003 and need to import my address book data to its contacts. How can I import it? I tried import/export of Outlook 2003 but surprisingly I didn't find any option for WAB files. Thanks in advance Assuming that the Windows Address Book is configured to use your *.wab, you can do this one of two ways. Method 1 * Start Outlook 2003 * Select File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and addresses * Follow the wizard at this point Method 2 * Start the Windows Address Book * Export your items to a CSV file * Import the CSV file into Outlo...

Duplicate receipts printing
Hi, I have a problem with duplicate receipts printing from the POS on a random basis. I only have Printer 1 set up and this is also the only one set to print journals. I have also checked the receipt count is set to 1 for all transaction type’s. Like I say it doesn't happen on every transaction which makes me think that it could be something to do with the item or something else set someone in the database. Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas? Any help will be appreciated!. Matt ...

Report to Print Checks
How can I determine which report is being used as the one to print our companies checks? We have a top and bottom check format, and there are four top and bottom options. I have tried altering them all, but it does not result in a change in the end product. I have verified that I have set proper access to these particular modified forms and reports. Therefore, I am wanting to see if it is pulling from a report that I am not seeing so that I can get it edited. hi, print the report to screen. The title bar will then say which report you printed. it will say something li...

exchange 2003 admin books
is there anyone who knows a very good book on administering exchange 2003? pls submit the details to me. i want to buy. kigunda. "Kigunda Mbogo" <tkigunda@avu.org> wrote: >is there anyone who knows a very good book on administering exchange 2003? > >pls submit the details to me. i want to buy. > >kigunda. > One of the Exchange blogs has got a feed down the right hand side with a pile of books listed. http://hellomate.typepad.com/ Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com...

Is there a way of checking what Cheque nos(Check nos) have been lo
Is there a way of checking what Cheque nos(Check nos) have been logged? There doesn't seem to be a report that will show a check transaction with the relevant Cheque(check) no. entered at the time of sale nor does it show in the Journal. It's an unusual question to ask, i know, but we have a customer who would like to verify check no. to ensure that all of the cheque(checks) paid in to accounts match the Check Nos they have --- a sort of Security check if you like. Is there a way to get this info? Thanks Sid This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_...

Using extender on Purchase Receipt Items lines
I don't know if this question correspond to this Discussion Group; if not please advice where to address it. I would like to use extender to add a field per line items in the Receipt window. I want to record the actual cost the Vendor placed on thier invoice sent with shipment (right or wrong). The purpose is to compare Vendor's cost against whats originally negotiated. Whats the best way to create a field per Items lines using extender? Question answered. I got the field in the Grid. I didn't see the grid option in the Extender window setup; works excelent. "...

Check this security patch from the Microsoft Corp.
--vxjtalqf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bwtnjblnzwcm"; type="multipart/alternative" --bwtnjblnzwcm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hzqtbvwx" --hzqtbvwx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabilities, t...

Taxes---box not checked in POS screen (RMS)
We have two ways we enter order...work orders for internet orders, and the cash register in the store. I have set up taxes like this: In Manager: In Config Tax-exclusive checked Assign tax per customer-walk-in Group=Sales tax Field match=State In Database Sales Taxes Code=TN, descrption=TN State Tax Min tax amount=0 Max Tax Amt=0 Sales Tax Rate=9.750% + $0.00 No other boxes checked Customer taxes Code=TAX, description=Sales ...

Outlook finished checking the selection and no suggestions
Outlook 2007 spell check only show "Outlook finished checking the selection" and no suggestions. However, it is working fine in Word. ...

Repost
Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates date? -- Steve Don't know about VBA but here is the home site. Maybe you can find something there. http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/en/us/default.aspx "AltaEgo" <Somewhere@NotHere> wrote in message news:ev2818iwKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates > date? > > > -- > Steve Good answer. Bad question! More detail: I need to audit many computers checking many setti...

Cash Sales Entry
How to do a cash sales entry? ...

Need receipt printer
Hi! Need the most inexpensive thermal for my second register. Use that register very sparingly. What do you recommend out there? Best, Manny Manny, What's inexpensive? ;-) We like the Star Micronics TSP-643 (Parallel, Serial, USB or Ethernet) or the TSP 100 (USB only) both with auto-cutter, 3 year warranty around $275 for their base models. www.starmicronics.com -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to ...

Printing Item Notes on Receipt
I sell classes and would like the date and time of the class to print on the receipt. We ring each class as a different item. Is there some way to print a note on the receipt for certain items? Thanks for any info. This would help us a lot! Daniela Stout Cozy Quilt Shop Daniela, How about Sub Descriptions? First Sub is the Date, Second is the Time. To make them print and display, SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options tab | Items options | checkmark Show Item Subdescriptions and/or Show previous defined... -- * "Daniela" <Daniela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

tracking cash expenses #3
This is new to me. I want to track the cash expenses that I aquire after taking a sum of cash out from the bank via atm, etc and spending said cash. How and where do I do this. The easiest way is to set up an account named 'Cash', and when you use the ATM to get cash, transfer the money into it. Then you can treat the 'Cash' account just like any other account and post transactions to it based on the spending from your pocket. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To ...

Modify # of Receipts Printed
Does anyone know of a way to modify the number of receipts/ick tickets/etc that are printed depending on the transaction type, ex.: 1. On Account w/Delivery...print 1 Full Page Invoice & No Pick Ticket vs On Account w/No Delivery...print 3 Full Page Invoices and 1pick Ticket ... no Thermal Receipt for either. 2. Cash Transaction w/Delivery...print 2 Full Page Receipts &1 Thermal Printer Receipt vs. Cash Transaction w/No Delivery..print 1 Full Page Receipt, 1 Thermal Receipt & 1 Pick Ticket. Etc... I know how to modify the # of each type of receipt we have via St...

Good Javascript for MS CRM book
Whats the best reference book to get for teh JavaScript side of CRM? I can see lot's of web javascript stuff but suspect the CRM side is a little different. Maybe a JavaScript bible then a smaller tomb to deal with the CRM specifics? Do such things exist? Hi Pat, Check out David Flanagans book on Javascript. You will also find lots of good stuff on the SDK documentation. Check out the CRM developer forum too. Regs, -- Peter Clements Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional Capgemini UK "Pat Horridge" wrote: > Whats the best reference book to get for teh JavaScr...

Importing Netscape address book into Exchange/Outlook
I have a Netscape address book (the file extensionis .na2) that I need to import into Outlook/Exchange. Does anyone know of a tool to import it, or convert it? It doesn't appear to be a native option in Outlook. Thanks, Brian Try to solution in this article. Once you get it to OE you should be able to get it to Outlook. OLEXP: Unable to Import Netscape 4.6x Address Book in Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238892 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this a...

Vlookup or something more? Trying to make the book intuitive...
Hi there, I hope you can help. I’m trying to make my life much easier by making a currently unwieldy spreadsheet into one that’s a lot more intuitive. Currently I have to enter data twice into the same spreadsheet but I hope to be able to enter it once and have the other sheets automatically update. First, the explanation… This is a spreadsheet that tracks the holidays of a department of 20 people. Currently it fulfils a few functions. First, it tracks each individual on their own worksheet which goes into details (date began/ended, etc). Second, it tracks them all together on an...

Cash Flow, Debt Reduction, and Bills
Greetings, I am trying to understand MS Money 2007 in the way I can accoplish things. My ultimate goal is accuracy of the Cash Flow Forecast. First, here is how things are setup: * I have a checking, savings, and a credit card. * I use my credit card for nearly all expenses - minus some bills we can't pay with Credit Card. * I pay off the balance of this credit card every month. * I am currently using the advanced budget which seems to work pretty good. I have recurring bills that are yearly or every 6 months that are rather sizeable and are setup in the Bills. These bills I pay wit...

how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or checked by coding ?
> > how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address > > automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or > > checked by coding ? I need to judge it and change "Obtain DNS server > > address > > automatically" to "Use the following DNS server addresses"; > > Are there any api or other methods to get it? AliR (VC++ MVP) wrote: > You can call GetAdaptersInfo(...). The DhcpEnabled member of > IP_ADAPTER_INFO tells you if DHCP is enabled or not. > AliR. AliR Thank your reply.but if D...

How to add fotnotes to a book in Publisher
Please, Can somebody tell me how to add footnotes and endnotes to a document in Publisher 2003? I am trying to edit a book in Publisher and when I import Word documents with footnotes and endnotes, they disappear in the publisher file. How to instruct Publisher to manage these features? Thank you for your help. LLL Publisher doesn't support footnotes. Word may be a better option. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Lyonel L" <lyonNSM_laviolette@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvix4YE1EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Please, > Can somebody tell me how to add footnotes...

A GREAT way to get FREE cash !! #2
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I'm posting this message to let you know about an exciting community on the Internet - SurveySavvy. I'm a member and it offers you a great opportunity to make a difference and earn money at the same time by taking research surveys online. They are one of the TOP rated survey companies, so you can't go wrong</P> <P>AND IT IS FREE !!!!! </P> <P><BR...

how do I print ALL the receipts from a day?
Hi there, does anyone know how you print ALL the receipts from day? so far the only way to get a copy of every receipt from the day is to go to journal and individually print off each receipt, very time consuming if youve had 50+ sales! Is there a way around this? Or do we really have to print each one individually? cheers sami Hi, Press f5 and print X report and if u want to close the batch take the Z report "sami1012" wrote: > Hi there, does anyone know how you print ALL the receipts from day? so far > the only way to get a copy of every receipt from the day is to ...