Cannot import custom package. Product not installed

Hello all,

 Hoping this is an easy question. I am upgrading to GP 10. Doing all this on
a dev server of course so I can work out any issues for a smoother live
upgrade. I got the core product installed with no problem. I chose to install
a new instance so (according to the documentation) I could import user
security from my v9 installation. No problems there either.

I am now at the point of trying to import a custom modification. I go
through GP Utilities and select "Update modified forms and reports". I give
it the launch file, and it shows the product I want to upgrade. I check off
the box, point it to the right .DIC file and hit update. It goes through the
motions and reports back complete with no errors. I even get a nice little
green checkbox next to the product.

Now I open GP, check the forms and reports I know should be modified and
they aren't. I go to the Customization Maintenance, and the modified forms
are missing. I try to import them from a package file, and the forms I need
are showing a "Product not Installed" message.

Am I missing a step somewhere? Or would it be better to re-do the
installation by upgrading the existing instance? Would that automatically
bring in any customizations?

 Thanks in advance for any help.
- Jason

0
Jason4159 (666)

Yes,

You also have to install all third party products listed in your
Dynamics.set file under your production environment. Perhaps a customization
has been done on another resource not in the core dictionary.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Jason" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  Hoping this is an easy question. I am upgrading to GP 10. Doing all this on
> a dev server of course so I can work out any issues for a smoother live
> upgrade. I got the core product installed with no problem. I chose to install
> a new instance so (according to the documentation) I could import user
> security from my v9 installation. No problems there either.
>
> I am now at the point of trying to import a custom modification. I go
> through GP Utilities and select "Update modified forms and reports". I give
> it the launch file, and it shows the product I want to upgrade. I check off
> the box, point it to the right .DIC file and hit update. It goes through the
> motions and reports back complete with no errors. I even get a nice little
> green checkbox next to the product.
>
> Now I open GP, check the forms and reports I know should be modified and
> they aren't. I go to the Customization Maintenance, and the modified forms
> are missing. I try to import them from a package file, and the forms I need
> are showing a "Product not Installed" message.
>
> Am I missing a step somewhere? Or would it be better to re-do the
> installation by upgrading the existing instance? Would that automatically
> bring in any customizations?
>
>  Thanks in advance for any help.
> - Jason

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/21/2008 1:56:04 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_3E44CA97

Hi Jason -

Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!

Have you installed the same products that you had installed on the prior version?  If not, you will want to make sure that
you do this.

Also, have you taken a look at the Upgrade guide at the report listing of the reports that won't upgrade?  You will want to
do this to ensure that these aren't some of the reports that you are referring to.

Best Regards,
Sarah
Microsoft Online Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
 to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
       from the web interface: Partner Feedback
       from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_3E44CA97

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Jason -
\par
\par Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
\par
\par Have you installed the same products that you had installed on the prior version?  If not, you will want to make sure that you do this.
\par
\par Also, have you taken a look at the Upgrade guide at the report listing of the reports that won't upgrade?  You will want to do this to ensure that these aren't some of the reports that you are referring to.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Sarah
\par Microsoft Online Support
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_3E44CA97--

0
sarahcud (28)
10/21/2008 5:04:29 PM
Thanks to you both for the reply. I was able to get the product installed. I
used Dexterity to build a cnk file for the missing product, and it updated
and installed to the dynamics.set file. But I'm having one more problem.

The one-off forms work fine. The original customization also modified one of
the core forms, the Sales Transaction Entry form. The modified form shows up
in the resource descriptions and the customization maintenance. However, it
is not linked to the menu shortcuts. It still opens and displays the default
form. It also produces an error message when I try to populate the form.
Message is "Illegal address for field xxxxxx in script xxxxx" where xxxxx is
a custom field and script. So it appears the form is calling the right code,
but the wrong form is being displayed.

Is there a way to make it display the correct form?

Thanks again,
Jason

"Sarah Purdy (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Jason -
>
> Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
>
> Have you installed the same products that you had installed on the prior version?  If not, you will want to make sure that
> you do this.
>
> Also, have you taken a look at the Upgrade guide at the report listing of the reports that won't upgrade?  You will want to
> do this to ensure that these aren't some of the reports that you are referring to.
>
> Best Regards,
> Sarah
> Microsoft Online Support

> PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
>  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
>
> We also love to hear your product feedback!
> Let us know what you think by posting
>        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
>        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> We look forward to hearing from you!
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

Jason4159 (666)
10/21/2008 6:33:06 PM
Nevermind, I found the way under Setup->System->Modified Forms/Reports.
I'm still getting a script error when the form opens, but I think I can work
through that issue.

-Jason

"Jason" wrote:

> Thanks to you both for the reply. I was able to get the product installed. I
> used Dexterity to build a cnk file for the missing product, and it updated
> and installed to the dynamics.set file. But I'm having one more problem.
>
> The one-off forms work fine. The original customization also modified one of
> the core forms, the Sales Transaction Entry form. The modified form shows up
> in the resource descriptions and the customization maintenance. However, it
> is not linked to the menu shortcuts. It still opens and displays the default
> form. It also produces an error message when I try to populate the form.
> Message is "Illegal address for field xxxxxx in script xxxxx" where xxxxx is
> a custom field and script. So it appears the form is calling the right code,
> but the wrong form is being displayed.
>
> Is there a way to make it display the correct form?
>
> Thanks again,
> Jason
>
> "Sarah Purdy (MSFT)" wrote:
>
> > Hi Jason -
> >
> > Thank you for posting to Newsgroups!
> >
> > Have you installed the same products that you had installed on the prior version?  If not, you will want to make sure that
> > you do this.
> >
> > Also, have you taken a look at the Upgrade guide at the report listing of the reports that won't upgrade?  You will want to
> > do this to ensure that these aren't some of the reports that you are referring to.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Sarah
> > Microsoft Online Support

> > PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
> >  to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
> >
> > We also love to hear your product feedback!
> > Let us know what you think by posting
> >        from the web interface: Partner Feedback
> >        from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
> > We look forward to hearing from you!
> > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
> > so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

Jason4159 (666)
10/21/2008 7:38:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_481796DC

Hello Jason

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_481796DC

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello Jason
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Darin Carlsrud
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_481796DC--

0
A-DACARL (116)
10/23/2008 2:51:24 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_5D7B9AE7

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Darin Carlsrud

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_5D7B9AE7

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_5D7B9AE7--

0
A-DACARL (116)

How to import DATA from SQL2K to Access?
I am using get external data, import, ODBC type and it's error out saying I cannot use ODBC to import/export data. I would appreciate if someone please show me the better way of importing data from sql. Mehbs, Two ways. 1 - From SQL Server, use DTS to copy the data from the SQL Server table to the Access table. 2 - From Access, link your SQL Server table through ODBC and then use an append query to copy the data from the linked SQL Server table to your Access table. Good luck. -- Sco M.L. "Sco" Scofield, MCSD, MCP, MSS, A+, Access MVP 2001 - 2005 Denver Area Ac...

Security Update KB975561 could not be installed
After receiving notifications of updates ready to install on an HP Workstation xw4550, as usual, I tried to install the automatic updates, but it failed. The message shown is the same as the title's. OS: Windows XP Professional SP3 in Spanish. Antivirus: Panda AV 3.01.00 See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975561 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. Th...

Customer title should be Receipt template variable
The Customer title (Mr/Mrs etc) is not available as a receipt template variable. A workaround is to put the title into the country field as that is a receipt template variable, but this requires the user to enter the Title in the Country field when entering new customers. (If this is done then country field cannot be used for it intended purpose). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, foll...

Batch importing
I have a large number of text files, each with two columns and about 2000 rows. I would like to put these into a spreadsheet without having to open each individually, select all, copy and paste into the appropriate square. I would like to be able to select the files I would like imported, and that all these are put into the same spreadsheet, one next to the other. Any suggestions? You'll have to write a macro to do this. Turn on the macro recorder, open the 1st file, and copy the data into the combined workbook. Then you'll have to generalize that to get a list of file names a...

importing text file into excel 2000
I have a text file with a list of addresses on multiple lines. Each address is three lines, name, street address, town/state/zip. Each record is divided by a blank space. I want to import each of these into excel 2000, with each line being a field in the record. It doesn't appear I can do this with the import wizard. Ultimately I want to use this spreadsheet for a mail merge word function. Any thoughts on the best way to do this? Thanks! i meant to say each record is divided by a blank LINE, not space. ie: Carlson GMAC Real Estate 28 Green St Newburyport, MA 01950-2650 Phone:...

Error installing CRM 3.0 on SBS
Trying to Install CRM 3.0 onto Small Business Server Installed MS SQL Reporting Server 2000 with SP 2 When the CRM 3.0 tries to do its verification it is coming back with the following error message for Report Server: Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server https://cheltenham.enate.net/ReportServer. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. The user doing the installation is the Domain administrator. Report server is working correctly over Https. The report server is implemented on the same machine as I am trying to install CRM 3....

Customizing the Toolbar?
I have a large number of fractions that I need to set to the characters to superscript/subscript. Is there a way to add those menu options to the toolbar (or make a macro) so that I don't have to go through the whole 'select the character'/'choose Format'/select Superscript/ etc..etc.... for each fraction? Thanks, Charlie Charlie12345 <Charlie12345@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a large number of fractions that I need to set to the > characters to superscript/subscript. > > Is there a way to add those menu op...

After removing MSNBC personal update can't customize
After I removed MSNBC Personal Update on the instruction of NBC and Microsoft, my Today screen only shows the headers for Calendar, Tasks & Messages. All of my data is in the individual areas, but not on the today screen. When I press "customize Outlook Today" I get the following: (outlook 2000) res://F:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office\1033 \outlwvw.dll/custom.htm then res://F:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office\1033 \outlwvw.dll/custom.htm Any ideas? I've unistalled and reinstalled the software several times already. A lot of people are having pro...

Errors when trying to import customizations.
We recently built a 2008 network and moved our data over from a 2003 network. Different domain name, so we exported all our customizations and csv'd our data for import to the new system. We had CRM 4.0 on old system and have 4.0 on new system as well. We started by importing all our customizations. Everything went great until we got to Contacts and Accounts. When we try to import either of them we get the following: "Failure: contact-account: Import has encountered an error and has been cancelled. Your system has been restored to its original state. This customization file con...

Custom properties
Hi, I have added over 30 Custom Properties to a shape by defining Custom Property sets and then applying the Custom Property set. When I view the Custom Properties for the said shape only 20 of the Custom properties are shown and there is a message in the Custom properties window - 'Note: Additional properties not shown'. How do I view all custom properties without being limited to viewing 20? Thank you The Custom Properties WINDOW is unlimited, but the Custom Propeties DIALOG is limited to 20. You can group your custom properties though, and have page custom properties to co...

Relationship between Product and Price
I have created a new entity call Renewals where all subscription products sold to customers can be tracked (anti virus, web hosting etc). I have created a relationship to the products entity to select the product and place it in the table. My question is whether or not it is possible to have a price field in there that is dynamic, and is the price list price not the product price. I cant see anyway of doing this but I'm hoping you can. It needs to be dynamic as the idea is I can take a look at a company and see what is coming up for renewal and see a current price for the item, no...

I am not able to find product key for ms office 2007 trail versio
I am not able to find product key for ms office 2007 trail version where did you get the installation from? Manesh Joseph wrote: > I am not able to find product key for ms office 2007 trail version ...

Business contact manager
I just upgraded to Office 2003, outlook 2003, and I am looking for Business contact manager. Where is it located. Nothing was installed when I took the option of a Complete install. I have exchange 2000, and server 2000, and we would like to review Business Contact Manager, instead of using a different product. This product seems to be a good place for us start out with, and what my sales managers of 2 people would like to have, and my sales department of 12 people would really work with since they all know outlook. What version of Office did you get and where did you get it? Do y...

Custom Configuration management for app.Config
Hi, I created a custom Section handler using System.configuration for Web application to read from Web.Config File. If I want to use the same handler to read from app.config file: app.config is not interpreted as XML file, & the code breaks. Here is the sample of the logic. For Each node In section.ChildNodes For Each element In node.ChildNodes elementKey = element.GetAttribute("key") elementValue = element.GetAttribute("value") Next Next Kindly let me know how to use the same custom handler to read from web.config...

Product Packages
Is it possible to configure two or more products set up to sold as a package in MS CRM? Microsoft CRM has a concept of kits create a new product and once saved open it and click on the action meny. There will be an option to convert to kit. Once a product is converted to a kit you can other products to it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Gaurav Dalal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468101c49059$c2b2bfc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure two or ...

Customizing the customer statement in Receivables Management
The accounts receivable statement offered in Dynamics GP does not meet my business requirements. I need to be able to sort the information in many more ways than what is currently available. Also, I want to display the information on the statement in a different order and format. Can someone suggest a third party developer that offers add-ons or customizations to the Receivables module. Or, alternatively, are there reporting tools (other than Crystal or the built-in report writer) that can be used to extract and report data from the Receivables Management module. -- Anthony Actual...

Alphabetizing Custom Views
I have created about 20 custom views for my work sheet, each view has a country name. I have then added the custom view commend to the toolbar; however, when I access it the country names are not alphabetized. It there a way for me to correct this? Thank you. ...

FW: Prove that corrective package from the Microsoft Corp.
--pgsfudzszz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tmfjxlyyuvjw"; type="multipart/alternative" --tmfjxlyyuvjw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="opxcyuywyeuf" --opxcyuywyeuf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer. This update includes the fu...

Customer Statements print bold large font every 2 pages. Unreadabl
Any Ideas as to what could cause the Customer Statements to print very bold large font on every other page? it seems all the odd numbered pages print correctly. But all the even numbered pages print with a very large bold font that doesnt fit the page. I have a snapshot of what the pages look like. I can forward via email if you'd prefer to see a picture. All help is appreciated. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_05B3_01C77605.F0DA2250 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Andy, Do you hav...

12.1.1 will not install at all
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Running 10.5.4, and I have installed 12.1.1 both through Auto Update and with a manual download from this site. Every time the installer confirms that the software was installed successfully, but when I check the version in any of the Office apps it tells me I'm still at 12.1.0, and the AutoUpdate when run continues to say that 12.1.1 needs to be installed. I've "installed" 12.1.1 at least half a dozen times, each supposedly successfully, and yet, no update. Any ideas? Thanks! "KJ239HBC@officefo...

If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishnaATgmail.com Thanks Kris ...

How import data???????
Hi my name is Edson, and I need impor data to new entity create for my, named participante. The infomation is in SQL SERVER. I try with DMP but the CDF haven=B4t my entity.. How can I make it??? If I need some software when can I download??? THAKS ...

How do I setup a customized welcome message for a new profile?
I'm trying to setup a means to include a customized welcome message to a new user profile when created using the ORK tools or any 3rd party tool. Not 100% sure but check out the info here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293870 "gwilliams664" <gwilliams664@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5894776D-2C86-4A6F-A815-B3CE30DB0C57@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to setup a means to include a customized welcome message to a > new > user profile when created using the ORK tools or any 3rd party tool. From the following link I find that the welcome...

Bulk Import Activities stuck at Pending
Ok, I'm playing around with 3.0, and have tried Bulk Loading a .csv file of leads into the system. I walked through the import wizard, got to a success screen that said this would be added as a pending activity. I go to Workplace, Activities, and do a find on Type "Bulk Import". I see the file name, and the Status Reason says "Pending". Any ideas on how I bump it along to actually do the import? What part of the documentation am I missing? Thanks, James I've run into the same problem in our installation. Have you received an answer yet? David "...

Modifier and Customer Card
GP 8.0, SQL I am trying to add the e-mail field to the Customer Maintenance form so associates don't have to open another window. I've identified the field as INET1 and it is available as a global field on the form. However, I cannot drag and drop this field onto the form. I can select it, but when dragging it nothing happens. It doesn't drag. I tried another non-global field, and it dragged over fine. Is there something I am not doing correctly? Does this mean it is not possible to put this field on this form? (I hope not) Thanks, Jason Global fields cannot be dragged and ...