Cannot get VBA modifications to show up under Vista

I have a dynamics.vba file that contains VBA code for customizations
on a Vista Business edition machine.  For some reason, the vba "dot"
doesn't appear  on any of the specialized forms, even though the vba
file is present in the subdirectory.

If I log into the machine as Administrator, the dot shows up.  I've
added the user in qeustion to the local Administrator's group on the
machine, and given her ownership of the entire GP folder, yet she
cannot get it enabled.

The only other option seems to be adding her usernamer to Domain
administrator, but that is an absolute last resort.

What all needs to be specifically set in Vista to enable this
properly?

Jerry,

There is a KB article on this (ID 929612).  It doesn't specifically
address a problem with running VBA on a Vista machine but I suspect
this may solve your problem.  Basically, the solution is to use the
Registry Editor to grant full control permissions to the following
registry keys:

=95 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Clsid
=95 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib
=95 HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface
=95 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID

Michael J.
0
michaelj2 (180)
2/28/2009 6:04:29 PM
You can also try to register the DEXVBA.DLL library file present under the
Microsoft Dynamics\GP folder. To do this, go to the command line -- logged on
as the user --, then change the path to the GP folder, >CD C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP, then register the file, REGSVR32 DEXVBA.DLL.

Keep in mind that the best way to deploy VBA customizations is with package
files, and not the .VBA file directly.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Jerry H." wrote:

> I have a dynamics.vba file that contains VBA code for customizations
> on a Vista Business edition machine.  For some reason, the vba "dot"
> doesn't appear  on any of the specialized forms, even though the vba
> file is present in the subdirectory.
>
> If I log into the machine as Administrator, the dot shows up.  I've
> added the user in qeustion to the local Administrator's group on the
> machine, and given her ownership of the entire GP folder, yet she
> cannot get it enabled.
>
> The only other option seems to be adding her usernamer to Domain
> administrator, but that is an absolute last resort.
>
> What all needs to be specifically set in Vista to enable this
> properly?

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
2/28/2009 6:29:01 PM
On Feb 28, 2:29=A0pm, Mariano Gomez
<MarianoGo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Keep in mind that the best way to deploy VBA customizations is with packa=
ge
> files, and not the .VBA file directly.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLChttp://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster athttp://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

I hadn't known about that, just figured that pushing updated VBA files
out to clients worked pretty well.

So after I've modded GP and want to pass out the changes to clients, I
should just rolled the changes into a package and push the package out
that way, so that when they restart GP they'll get he message to put
new changes in?

Getting Chart Point info
Hi - I am building a "drill down" chart. When you click on one of the points of the chart, it takes you to anohter chart based on the informaiton on the point. I am using the MouseUp event and I have the Arg1 and Arg2 data. What I don't have is the actual "name" of the point. If you mouse over the point it will tell you the "name" of the series and the "name" of the point. How do I get this "name"? Arg2 simply tells me which point (1,2,3,4 etc.) in the series. I need the name. thanks Lizzard ...

CMFCPropertyGridCtrl
Hi All, I have an MFC application with a TreeView and a CDockablePane Properties Window. When I select a tree item - I display its properties in the properties window. That works. But I don't know how to change the tree item properties when I change the values in the properties window. My problem is in getting the values from the properties grid. I tried to override EndEditItem method like this: BOOL CMyMFCPropertyGridCtrl::EndEditItem(BOOL bUpdateData) { CMFCPropertyGridProperty* currProperty = GetCurSel(); if(currProperty) { //I don't like this implementa...

SendObject VBA (but more elegant)
Just a thought. As there is no “where” clause on the SendObject event I have come up with the code below that works fine. It just looks a mess. Has anyone any idea on how to apply a filter (without filtering the query) on a SendObject that is a little more elegant than this method. The less code I use the less there is for me to get wrong LoL :-)If the Option group = 3 (the e mail icon)Refresh the form (to load the address into a field)Open the report in Preview (in a hidden screen)* - the reason for opening the report is to clone the filter accross to the next line of code - *Send the repo...

Example of use WM_PRINTCLIENT and getting bitmap from invisible wnd
Hi, I had take a look to other post about this argoument, but I can't bitBlit ( or something similar ) the content of a window into another when the first is partially or completly invisible. I've succesfully grab the WM_PRINTCLIENT message in this way: ........... //{{AFX_MSG(CTest_Dlg) virtual BOOL OnInitDialog(); afx_msg LRESULT OnPrintClient(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam); DECLARE_EVENTSINK_MAP() //}}AFX_MSG ................. .......... LRESULT CTest_Dlg::OnPrintClient(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { HDC const hDC =(HDC) wParam; CDC *const pDC = CDC::FromH...

vista problem
sorry i am new and dont know much about it and i need some help for the drive icon i have tried everything but nothing is working for me the drive icon in my computer for my d drive is a square one with red dots and i want it back to the normal one like other drives but tis not happening i tried the regedit method but no good and tried this one also and everytime i restart my pc the icon cache reappears and i cant do anything plz plz help me out i want my icon back plz help me out i even posted in the thread created but there was no reply plz plz tell what to do -- noman2912 ...

Show ALL Activities in Oulook Client
I suggest that a user in front of Outlook today be able to see ALL activities - not just tasks (phone calls, faxs, letters, etc) from the "Outlook Today" main page. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

Show Tasks Pane similar to folder list
Hi all. In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the left of the screen, under my folders list. Is it possible to have the Tasks as a 'toolbar' at the side of the screen? Rgds Duncs No but OL2007 adds a To Do bar akin to what I think you're asking for. "Duncs" <True.Kilted.Scot@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fb76a250-5418-44a3-bcbf-c77487bbafe3@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all. > > In my installation of Outlook, I have a button labelled 'Tasks' at the > left of the screen, under my folders list. ...

How do I show hyperlinked images opened in a report
I am a newbie to access and I was wondering how I can show hyperlinked images opened in a report. I have viewed other threads and it seems possible, but I can not figure it out. I currently have a table with over 2000 records and up to 6 hyperlinked images to each record along with other data. The reports will be based off querries for a few records at a time. Please help! I really need help with this one. This is what I've done: Added an Image control to the report. After I added and saved the image control, I've deleted it's picture property. I Coded the Detail Section F...

When mail merge, I get this error, Pubmerge "out of memory"
I am trying to mail merge and I get the error Pubmerge "out of memory" I am using publisher 97 and Excel 2002 Save the data as a CSV (comma delimited), could be a solution. Are your MDAC components current? PUB97: How to Obtain Publisher 97 Knowledge Base HTML Help File http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185798/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "r5j4g" <r5j4g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC339DE0-5122-4FBB-AD03-C6941B3E22A0@microsoft.com... >I am trying to mail me...

Why do I keep getting repeated copies of the same incoming email
I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new separate emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at last count. Does anyone know why this is happening? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:41:03 -1000, tcav80 <tcav80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just upgraded to Outlook '03 and I have received 4 or 5 new > separate > emails, but have received numerous copies of each one - 310 copies at > last > count. Does anyone know why this is happening? Do you have rules set up that make copies? What anti-virus software ...

Just register get US100
http://www.wealthtoolbox.com/?ref=ismailpj@streamyx.com ...

CODE: get current dir of MDB file
I will be posting a few short snippets of code. Many of you coders already know these, but they should benefit other people as well. Here is code to find the current directory of the MDB file you currently have open. This is useful for saving output files (like report PDFS, text files, etc) to the same dir as your MDB file. It returns the current directory with a trailing backslash. Function CurrentDBDir() As String Dim strDBPath As String Dim strDBFile As String strDBPath = CurrentDb.Name strDBFile = Dir(strDBPath) CurrentDBDir = Left(strDBPath, Len(strDBPath) - Len(strDBFile)) End...

Getting 552 Requested mail action aborted: (from one user on Hotmail)
I have a home user that is using a Hotmail account to communicate with our company. She can email us perfectly fine when she composes a new message...however, when she attempts to reply to a message sent from us, she is getting back and undeliverable message as follows: name@domain.com SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host mail.domain.com [xx.x.xxx.xx]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation She gets this message even with no attachements. The host domain name and IP address are both correct as well as the email address (obviously since...

Cannot get mail to open on every try
I am currenty using version 2009 (Build 14.0.8064.0206) If I do not open in certain order, 1) mail 2) web browser and close in the same order the next time I try to open mail nothing happens and I have to restart the computer. Can anyone help with suggestions??? You need to update to 14.0.8089.0726 There is a known bug in your version where WLM does not always completely shutdown. That prevents it from starting again because its still running. This problem is fixed in the latest version available here: http://download.live.com -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us ...

Excel VBA problem
I have 2 Excel tables, part of the first table looks as follows. I kee track of parts in production by entering completion dates for eac process they go through. S/N Kitting SMT 1st Assembly Inspection 10001 30-Jun 2-Jul 8-Jul 10002 24-Jun 27-Jun 10003 Note: This table needs to be flexible in terms of the number of S/N' as well the number of processes entered. For example, there could b 15 processes parts need to go through. In addition, there could be 1 identical parts in production. I need help writing a macro which will go through each line and take the latest comple...

How how do I get a ligature tie bar below two characters? Help
The unicode character is 035C. I am using Word 2007 with Windows XP. When I type the character between the two letters, select it, and key in ALT x, I get the box that indicates a missing symbol. I can't find the symbol in the Arial Unicode MS set under IPA extensions, yet it is an IPA symbol and it does have a unicode character. Is there any way to make this work? (If this appears twice, forgive me. I am new to this discussion and am having some difficulty posting.) On Nov 15, 5:10=A0pm, Pamela Case <PamelaC...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The unicode chara...

Exchange 2003
Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail inbound that isn't resolved (bad address or whatever the case may be) cannot be forwarded to a specific mailbox? I am currently using 2000 and the hack/workaround with a VB COM component and second virtual server... I would like to upgrade to 2003 but I need to know if I this issue has been fixed. Thanks -- russ "Russ Bishop" <nowhere> wrote in message news:eQUSPPRtDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does Exchange 2003 finally address a major shortcoming of 2000 in that mail > inbound that...

Get Window Pixel
Hello: I have a pixel on the screen that I'm trying to obtain the color. The pixel is found in a static control, which is a class derived from CStatic. class CReflectColorWnd : public CStatic I've tried many ways to obtain the pixel, but I cannot attain the COLORREF of the pixel. I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to assist me. I've tried the following in the paint handler. void CReflectColorWnd::OnPaint() { CStatic::OnPaint(); // Call original paint CClientDC dc(this); CBitmap bm; bm.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, 100, 100); CDC memDC; memDC...

Subtract MM/DD/YYYY and get # months
I have a vacation earning chart where employees earn xx hours per pay period. When they have worked over xx months, they earn yy hours per pay period. I need a way to subtract their start date from the currend end-of-pay-period date to see where they fall in the leave earning chart - the catch is the answer has to be in months. I'm using Excel 2003. Any ideas? TIA, Carole O =DATEDIF(start_date,end_date,"m") will give you the number of months between start_date and end_date -- Regards, Dave <!-- "Carole O" wrote: > I have a vacation earning chart ...

Opening XLS file directly and getting params
All, I am working on a .NET application sued to "index" our many (+300) Excel 2000 reports. The users log in and get a list of reports that they are allowed to run. When they click on the "link", the app starts the appropriate spreadsheet. We are current doing this by running: Excel.exe "FILENAME" /e/PARAMETERS As you can see above, we are sending params (in this case, a connect string) into the spreadsheet (not my design, I inherited it...) and using some API calls that were found here to read the command line. This is working correctly, However, one of our...

How to do auto save in Excel VBA?
Hi, How can I do auto save in Excel VBA, say every 2 minutes? Thnak you. GL Are you trying to control the Autosave addin via VBA or trying to write your own save program? If you just want that functionality... What version of excel are you using? If you're using xl2k or lower, you can install the AutoSave addin (you may need the CD if you didn't install it previously). If you're using xl2002 or higher, then AutoSave was replaced with AutoRecovery (mostly used if excel/windows crash). It's not the same as autoSave, though. If you still have your old version of autosave....

Excel 2003 - vba
HI All: I have this working in one workbook, but when I transplant it into another, it fails to function as expected. Issue: I would like to check my current workbook to ensure that a sheet does not exist, before trying to create it. In a UserForm, I allow the user to input a sheet name that they would like to import. Upon their depressing the "AddListBut" on the userform (ListForm) it checks to ensure the user put something in the Listbox "NewListName" then check to see if the worksheet already exists. Public ShtName as String Private Sub AddListBut_Click() If ListForm...

HOW to show in A2 the formule used in A1 ?
Hello, I want to show in A2 the formule used in A1, but I want that if I change the formule in A1, the A2 show directly the new formule. Exemple : 1) I write in A1 : =12*1000+1000 (A1 show just the result of the formule : 13'000) 2) I want that in A2 the formule : " =12*1000+1000" appear, and that if I change the formule in A1, A2 show directly the new formule. Thanks for help and copie of answer to : thierry.fracheboud@raiffeisen.ch See one answer to your multipost in programming. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Thierry Fracheboud <thierryfracheboud@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

Design Problem-Where to get started?
Access neophyte. Have access database with following characteristeics 1. Main record (publication) 2. subrecord (source)-multiple for each main record. required result: a. multilevell Pasword protection 1. Superuser/administrotor (full proivledges) 2. general user (querry/display only) b. querry by publication, display of subrecord only the querry/display interface is very specific. Querry input is to be main record only, display is to be subrecord only. any suggesgtions would be greatly apprreciated To provide different levels of security for the administrator and general users you...

Custom Smart List Not Showing up in Smart List
Hello, I created a custom smart list, linking a custom sql table to the employee master table from Payroll. I call the Smart List Employee Allociations, but it does not see in Smart List screen when I bring it up. I am linking both tables on the employee id field. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott Hi Check this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/Smartlist.asp Also look out in web for "Explorer Application Programming Interface" related documents. Thanks "Scott" wrote: > Hello, > > I created a ...