Cancelled qty's on a SOP doc should update header amounts.

We have customers who may order qty 10 and then send a change order reducing
the amount to 8.  If we cancel 2, the SOP document subtotal and total do not
reflect this change.  Even if we add a line item to the order, the incorrect
subtotal and total have the extended price of the new item added.

We would like the SOP document to accurately reflect the transaction before
transferring to invoice so the amounts can be verified in advance of the
transfer.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2008651a-247e-48e8-9666-573842bf449d&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
urprete (7)

Calculate total amount on continuous form line in sub-form
Hi, I’m on Access in Office 2003. I have a sub-form which has a default view of “Continuous Forms”. This form is comprised of a single line which has the fields: Work Date Hours Miles Other Expense Total The work date, hours, miles, and Other expenses are data entry fields. The Total field is equal to (Hours * HourlyRate) + (Miles * MilageRate) + Other Expenses. The rates are retrieved from the main form. That part is working fine. The Work Date, Hours, Miles, and Other Expenses are bound to fields on my table. The Total field is unbound. The problem ...

SOP-POP and Serialized Items
I have been using Great Plains for a few years, but have not spent much time in the Purchasing module. I have an Item master that is marked for Serial tracking. This Item Master that is marked for serial tracking is purchased from VENDORA. I have a customer that wants to purchase this Serialized Item. Lets call the Item SOFTWAREABC. So I enter the order in sales Transaction Entry for CUSTOMERA and enter Item SOFTWAREABC. I want to use the AutoPO button in Sales Transaction Entry to purchase SOFTWAREABC from VENDORA and it looks like I can not do this unless I mark the item in the sales...

Fixed Assets
1) in Cards>FA>General, any implication in chaning the QTY? 2) is it possible to adjust the YTD/LTD depn amt, say for rounding purpose? ...

Are there any known issues using Line Item comments for all SOP do
Hi all, I recently modified a SOP Packing slip to add Line item comments for each line to show an additional numeric value as a text (weight) printed on each line item. The way it is setup is that there will be unique line item comments (click the -> on the line item comment field, not the magnifying glass lookup and then just type text for each comment, click OK and save the line item). I've used up all of the User-defined fields including tracking #s and so I am down to adding comments. EXT. and Modifier are not options at this point. I also tried adding Document Notes to t...

Batch in "updating" mode
We posted a batch in A/P, but it is in a perpetual "updating" status. We just want to delete it as we have already rekeyed and posted the payables for that week. We cannot get into the batch. It says it cannot be edited. I was told to rename the SY00800.dat and SY00800.idx files, but that did not work. We use Dynamics cTree v 6.0. Any advice would be appreciated. You should have access to the CustomerSource knowledge base on microsoft.com. Find this article: Batch held in Posting, Receiving, Busy, Marked, Locked, or Edited status in Great Plains Standard (866303) To ac...

Subject line "Updated:" annoying
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that the length of a calendar item Subject line is precious. Particularly when viewed in a calendar grid or on a synced mobile device. I want to be able to recognize a meeting in the first 20-ish characters. I will often re-edit my copy of meeting invites to fit my context. Therefore, I do not like Outlook's behavior of prepending "Updated:" to meetings that have been changed by the inviter. I know the meeting was updated when I accepted the change. (No I don't allow that to automate). Is there a way to s...

Header Email Meeting
Dear all MVP, Could you help me, how to remove header in Email Meeting. everytime I got Meeting Invitation, there is always header like this : When: Monday, November 24, 2003 10:00 AM-10:30 AM (GMT+07:00) Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Please Your help Regards Darmawan ...

adding header file problem
Does anyone know why or how to prevent the contents (structures / functions) of a header file from being displayed in the workspace's class window, after it has been added to a project with the "Add to Project" then "Files" from the "Project" menu button. Or it this not the correct way to add header files to a project. THere might be some directive to do this, but it is that nature of the class view to display this information, so I doubt there is a way to suppress it. joe On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:52:29 GMT, "cdg" <anyone@anywhere.com...

Updates to Office v.x
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Are there any updates to Office? I have a computer lab that is running it (we can't afford 2008 yet) and I need to know if there will be any future problems. Is MS supporting v.x any more? In article <59b765f3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <davidwick@officeformac.com> wrote: > Are there any updates to Office? I have a computer lab that is running it (we > can't afford 2008 yet) and I need to know if there will be any future > problems. Is MS supporting v.x any more? http://support.microsoft....

Updating Posting Account for Inventory Items
We just re-launched our company and did a massive effort to move as much existing data from the old company to the new. Unfortunately our inventory items accounts were not updated. Is there a way to set a default account for items at the same time? Or do we have to update each item? Are your items assigned to an item class? If so you can set the account at the class level and then roll it down to items in the class. -- Jim@TurboChef "Ken" wrote: > We just re-launched our company and did a massive effort to move as much > existing data from the old company to the new...

If I update my xml schema, how to update associated xml?
If I update my xml schema, for example if I rename one of the elements, how do I modify the xml file based on that schema (that is, short of doing it manually). I open the xml file, right click, click on properties, for targetSchema-> the new update schema is not listed, when I enter "<" in xml doc, the intellisense brings up old schema names of original schema element names. ...

Updates to Office 2004
I'm running OS 10.4.7 on an Intel iMac 20" and have Microsoft Office 2004 (vs. 10.1.6). I've downloaded, but have not installed, the following updates: Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 Update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 2 PST Import Tool for Entourage 2004 for Mac Microsoft Entourage 2004 Junk E-mail Filter Update 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft AutoUpdate for Office 2004 for Mac Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft Office 2004 Deployment Documentation Business Bright: Entourage Signatures and Backgrounds Creat...

Cell update delay
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with two cells that are linked to an external value. However I want one of these cells to only update every second. This is basically so I can see the difference between what the external value is now, and what it was a second ago. Any advice? Thanks Take a look at this: http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/OnTime.aspx If you do it once per second, it will (probably) take over control of your system. Good luck!! -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "Bob_hc" wrote: ...

Exchange 200 DST update Tools
Good Day All, Anyone can help me in clarifying my situation in how to update my Excahneg 2000 server. I;ve read several KB and they seems to confuse more then anything else. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you AH I just went through this process. First, you need to figure out if you need to install the Exchange 2000 DST patch from MS ($4K if you don't have extended hotfix support). You'll need this patch IF you have Blackberry, or some other similar type of software that interfaces with Exchange using CDO. If you don't, then I believe you'll be ok with...

Ratio of Offshore work amount to Onshore work mount?
Hi alls, Our company wants to develop the Greatplains consulting service in the US. Because we have an offshore development center in Asia, we want to leverage the quality and cost by onshore+offshore service model. My question is, do you think offshore resources can provide service based GP? If answer is yes, what is the ratio of offshore work amount to onshore work amount? Any information is appreciated? Thanks. Thisguy ...

Create TOC from Section Headers (not headings)
Have a document that requires different headers for various sections of the document. The Headers are unlinked and the headers need to be the 'entries' for the TOC. I cannot seem to create a TOC from the Headers. Even if I select & format the individual headers as "Heading 1", Word doesn't seem to identify the headers as a TOC entry. Questions: 1) Can Headers be used as a TOC entry? 2) Can multiple Headers be identified as individual entries within the TOC? 2) If so, what is the procedure to create/identify a header so that the TOC will populate? ...

Notice: Apple Security Update 2007-005
I haven't had the opportunity to check it out thoroughly, but it appears that there are issues involving this OS X update. The reported problems range from interference with Office apps & printing right straight up to/including inability to restart the Mac after applying it. Although it is being reported most in the Intel systems PPCs evidently are not exempt. The indications are that the d/l is not arriving "intact". The luckier folks simply can't get it to d/l, the less fortunate are winding up with moderate to severe file system damage when attempting to install. Yo...

Return-Path Header problem
Greetings. I have an Exchange 2003 system that sends email outbound using a sendmail 8.13 smarthost. I recently tried to install dk-milter on the sendmail system, but was unable to sign any mail outbound. After working with the dk-milter folks a little over a week, we finally found the problem: Exchange is adding the Return-Path header. According to the RFCs, only the last MTA is supposed to add a Return-Path header. When dk-milter tries to sign my outbound email, it includes the Exchange-created Return-Path header. Later, on the DomainKeys verifier system, this header is stipped off becaus...

[newbie] Doc/View + Dialog for easy layout .. how ??
Hi, i'm newish to MFC and have just created a Single Doc. Doc/View app in AppWizard. Now I want to set up the layout of my app's View Dialog-style (dragging and dropping widgets in the resource editor), but all the examples I see of Doc/View apps (in Prosise) they use the CDC to draw on the view!! why ? So stepping back, i went back to AppWizard and in Step 1, I selected "Dialog Based" App, (instead of SDI) and the Doc/View option is greyed out. This is no good, cos i need to have my data separate from my view but want to use the resource editor for setting up the vi...

QTY Matched
I have a number of transactions where the QTYSHPPD (QTY Shipped) does not equal the QTYMATCH (QTY Matched) and as a result, appear on the Smartlist - Receivings Line Items - Shipment Received but not Invoiced*. From playing around with this, this seems to be the condition (QTYMATCH <> QTYSHPPD) that results in the receipt appearing in the Smartlist. I am trying to find out how I can remove or correct these items without using Query Analyzer to modify either of these fields so they do match, because this method does not leave an audit trail. So far, the only transaction I have dis...

update dictionaries for visibility of 3rd party databases in RW
I would still like to request further if an update can be done to the dictionaries to be able to include 3rd party databases visibility in Report Writer. We are modifying the POP Purchase Order Blank Form. We need to link the POA_Ctrl (POA40003) table to Purchase Order Work (POP10100). However, the POA_Ctrl table cannot be found on the list of tables to be linked. This information cannot be linked to Great Plains tables as the tables are stored in separate dictionaries. These are the PO Enhancement and DYNAMICS dictionaries. In relation to this, we are requesting if an update can be ...

Offline Address Book not updating Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003
We use Outlook 2003 clients, cached mode, that were connecting to an Exchange 5.5 server. Migrated to Exchange 2003 using ADMT and the AD connector method. Now, new users established in the new domain on the new mail server do not appear in the original users OAB, even if we do a Send/Receive Download Address Book. I just recently moved the OAB v2 system folder from the Exchange 5.5 server to the Exchange 2003 server by adding the Ex2k3 server to the Replication tab. However, we have been getting the following errors on the 2003 mail server for weeks: Category OALGenerator Event ID 9341 T...

Smoothing amounts
I have a monthly budget. I want to translate that into an amount for each day of the year. However, I do not want the amount each day to simply be the monthly amount divided by the number of days in the month. Rather I want to calcuate the amounts for each day as if they followed a smooth curve for the year. So if say the daily amounts were line graphed, it would be smooth. I am familiar with formulas from all types, but I can't find one that would do something like this. Is it a mathematical formula? Next I want to be able decide which days in the year are not going to be worked, ...

Task updates to submit that weren't updated
Hello, I seem to have found a glitch, or I'm interpreting something wrong... I am creating a task with multiple assignments; if one of the resources updates the task by importing their timesheet, ALL resources will show they need to submit that task for updates, not just the resource who actually updated the task. Why is this? Its creating a discrepency when I query the database for tasks that have been updated but not submitted; resources who didn't actually update the task show up as needing to submit the task. Any ideas? Let me know if more information is n...

how do i set the side margins for headers and footers in excel
You're pretty much stuck. Maybe you can use additional spacebar characters to indent??? robertp wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...