Can the Item Description wrap to multiple lines on an invoice?

We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we
were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread
the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If
I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it
doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th
character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an
invoice?

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

I think you'll need to parse it and then add it as calculated fields. You
could put the description in the line-item comment and then check the box for
'print tax details' when you print the invoice and then all of the comment
lines will print.  In Report Writer use the RW_ParseString user-defined
function.

"Bud" wrote:

> We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and we
> were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I spread
> the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document. If
> I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it
> doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th
> character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an
> invoice?
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
0
LeslieVail (702)
1/25/2008 2:42:01 AM
I believe Leslie is correct.  The only type of field that will wrap like you
want it to is a big text field which this if, of course, not.  I find it odd
that you say it is partially wrapping, I wouldn't have expected that would
work at all.

RW_ParseString is probably the function that I would use in my calculated
fields.  The only issue with this approach (but unavoidable) is that you'll
always have to leave room for 2 lines even if you don't need it.

patrick
developer support

"Bud" <Bud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and
> we
> were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I
> spread
> the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document.
> If
> I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it
> doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th
> character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on an
> invoice?
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2

0
prot1 (1345)
1/25/2008 3:40:35 AM
Thanks for the tip about RW_ParseString. I've never used a user-defined
function before, and it took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to
enter the parameters, but I finally got it to work.

The normal Item Description field will wrap, interestingly enough. I
experimented with sizing the print area in different ways, and it appears
the font size determines how many characters will be printed on the wrapped
line. Weird!

"Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
>I believe Leslie is correct.  The only type of field that will wrap like
>you want it to is a big text field which this if, of course, not.  I find
>it odd that you say it is partially wrapping, I wouldn't have expected that
>would work at all.
>
> RW_ParseString is probably the function that I would use in my calculated
> fields.  The only issue with this approach (but unavoidable) is that
> you'll always have to leave room for 2 lines even if you don't need it.
>
> patrick
> developer support

> rights.
>

> "Bud" <Bud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> We have some long item descriptions (up to the 100 character limit), and
>> we
>> were trying to figure out how to get them to print on an invoice. If I
>> spread
>> the field all out on a single line, it's too long to fit on the document.
>> If
>> I create a box that's several lines tall, it does partially wrap, but it
>> doesn't print the full description - it cuts off after around the 60th
>> character or so. Has anyone successfully wrapped an item description on
>> an
>> invoice?
>>
>> --
>> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
>> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
>> GP 9.0, SP2

0
bcool (25)

Service Items
Hello Everybody, and Happy New Year. We have a lot of items in our inventory which we setup as type "Services" so as not to have to track usage - items like thread and boxes. We are considering changing philosophy, and want to start tracking usage/cost on some of these items. I don't think we can switch them directly in Great Plains. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Has anyone tried switching them in SQL directly? What are the consequenses? These items appear on Bills of Material also. What other options are available to me? Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. T...

Multiple Google Calendars and Outlook
I run an app called Google Calendar Sync on my PC. It sync Outlook 2010's calendar with that of the Google one. I've since created a second calendar in Google to try and separate work events from social ones. However, Outlook 2010 and this sync program can't see the second or subsequent calendars. I was hoping that someone here has a way or has seen a way to get Outlook to sync with multiple Google calendars. Thanks Hello Marts, I can do it for you. Please reply if you want it. Regards Andrej > I run an app called Google Calendar Sync on my PC. It sync Outlook 2010&#...

How can I add polka dots to my art in Publisher?
I like to make art for screen printing using Publisher. Yesterday I clicked on something that brought up some designs like stripes, polka dots and such. Today I can't find it. Can someone help me out? Thanks! If you are coloring a shape, right click on it, click format auto shape, and on the colors and lines tab, under fill in the drop-down menu for color, click on fill effects, then the tab for patterns. You can then choose a pattern and the foreground and background colors for the pattern. -- Carrot Top "thagstands4" wrote: > I like to make art for screen printing...

Can multiple versions of Money coexist on a PC?
I'm running Money 2004 but have a copy of M 2005 someone gave me. WIth all I've read here I don't want to replace M 2004 with M 2005. I'd like to run them in parallel until I see if I prefer the newer version, based on all I've read here. Is it possible to install M 2005 on a machine with M 2004 and have them run separately? Yes you can. You should install 2005 in a different directory to 2004. Downloads direct from your bank will go to the newer version by default. When you run Money, you need to make sure you open the correct file with the correct version - ie do...

Line Graph: Differences between series
I have two sets of numbers that I've graphed in a basic line graph Series A & Series B. I want to edit the line graph and put a data tabl at the bottom that automatically caluclates and displays the value of minus B. The attached file shows what I want the graph to look like, but I'v manually inserted text boxes below the X Axis to display th differences; I'd like to have them automatically calculated as I ente new values for Series A & B. Does anyone have advice on this? Thanks, Mik +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Lin...

problems printing multiple copies on one page, only prints 1
Hi there I am trying to print four copies on one piece of A4 paper, the system and printer resizes the document and prints it in the top left hand corner, but no other appear on the same page Verify your work area is � or less the size of your paper stock. When you go to print select File Print Page Options "Print multiple copies per sheet." -- Don Vancouver, USA "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7412DEB1-B05A-427C-9D42-6C71E85A23F0@microsoft.com... > Hi there I am trying to print four copies on one piece of A4 pap...

Change Item Lookup Code to Uppercase
Having issues scanning barcodes that are generated from RMS when the Item Lookup Code is in lowercase. I have changed a few items in HQ manager that had lowercase Lookup Codes to uppercase and after I synced the SO Database and printed off a new Label and the barcode scans fine. So now I am wondering if I can just generate a SQL Query with the Item lookup Code and Item ID and export it to Excel. Use Excels UPPER Formula to change all Item Lookup Codes to Uppercase and then export the data into the HQ Database. This seems a little far-fetched but it seems like it could work. Just would l...

How can you add the same data series to all charts in a workbook
I have numerous charts on separate worksheets in one workbook and would like to add the same data series to all the charts. I have tried highlighting all the worksheets and adding the series to no avail. I'd save your workbook, just in case this doesn't work as I think it should. You can select the series in the chart that includes the series and copy the formula for the series. It looks something like =SERIES(...) Paste that in each chart you want to add it to. "MBubier" <MBubier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF363BA3-47A2-4364-89D8-02A60...

Mail rules... subject line...
I have created mail rules which eliminate 90% of my SPAM ending up in the Inbox. Some inigenious SPAMMERS use character set code in the subject line in order to fool the keyword rules (=?ISO-8859-1?B?U2FtcGxlIFNpbGRlbmFmaWwgQ2l0cmF0ZQ==?=) This appears in my Inbox with a subject reading: "Sample Sildnafil Citrate" QUESTION: Is there a way to stop Outlook / Outlook Express from accepting character sets in the subject of an email? I know someone who knows more than I will know the answer to this. Thank you for your replies! Allan allan@KEEPYOURSPAMvidcom.org (remove the keepyou...

adding multiple contacts at one time from a received email
Is there a way to add multiple contacts from the header of an email sent to me as part of a distribution group? I know I can right-click on them one-at-a-time and do "Add to contacts..." but that's a nuisance for 50+ addresses. Is there a way to do this in bulk? for a reply. thanks. Liz I don't think so. -- Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au <lizzoob@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162228944.601011.176680@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to add multiple contacts from t...

how can I call the default drawing in owner draw
I have a CTabCtrl and want to do owner draw on it. But I just want to owner draw a part of the CTabCtrl, i.e. I just want to remove the bottom border edge of CTabCtrl, and I want the other part of CTabCtrl untouched. But how can I write the code to let other part(tab, left/right border) draw themselves same as MS do? Can MS let us call the default drawing functions of CTabCtrl? ...

sales invoices posted with missing GL account
We have issue that 2-4 invoices after some time posted with missing GL account. Why system allow such posting and how can we eliminate this problem. any idea will be greatly appreciated Depending on where you get the account numbers for sales orders (Inventory or Receivables) you probably have some inventory items or customers with blank account numbers. You can cover this error by entering default posting accounts in the Posting Accounts table in setup->posting->posting accounts. Check the customer or inventory items from the documents with missing accounts first. Our book Info...

Can I download my Outlook Web Access email into Outlook Express?
Hello I use Outlook Web Access hosted at work on an Exchange server. But it is a real pain because it takes about ten minutes just to log on. i would prefer to download my messages to Outlook Express. I know how to download Hotmail into Outlook Express. Is it possible to do the same with emails on an Exchange server - I connect using https://xyz/exchange I cannot connect on port 110 - so can not directly get pop3 mail. But wondered if I could download my web mail somehow. Angus Comber ac@NOSPAMiteloffice.com Afraid not, if you want it in Outlook Express see if your Exchange Adminis...

I can't recieve new mail from one contact
I can't recieve new mail from one specific contact. I can recieve replys from him but any new messages that he sends do not go through. We have redone the address in the address book but this dod not help. Any thoughts? "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:940407C9-8272-42BA-8524-13C1773AA843@microsoft.com... > I can't recieve new mail from one specific contact. I can recieve replys > from him but any new messages that he sends do not go through. We have > redone the address in the address book but this dod not help. ...

Killing the off-line database
Having to kill the off line database to add new records seems a little extreme if you have to do it every day but thank you for the answer. I think they will should have a wireless connection anyway. I am sorry I really don't know how Windows wireless works. In any case what about Active Server pages? Is it secure for only a company intranet. Is there a way to only allow connections to the database via Active Server pages only from desinated IP's? Also, say the .mdb database is on a wireless network can those people still navigate through the network to get to the .mdb database. ...

Emails suddently in Deleted Items
Hello to all. I have a problem with Outlook 2003 and I cant find the answer anywhere on the internet. The person who have this problem is very organised. His email are in multiple folders and subfolders. One day, suddenly, a bunch of his email are in the Deleted Item. I cant see a link between them. And the email comes from many folder and not just one. The mailbox is 700 Mo and 650 Mo suddenly have been transfert to Deleted Item mysteriously. Does someone have an idea why this happen?? There's no rule or automatic archive in his account. Edit/Delete Message If this person...

I Can not trecover my messages
Hi Dear sir/... I have win xp sp1 with outlook 2003. I have my old user data on a cd....( for example : outlook.pst and archive.pst and...) when i removing my old data - & install a fresh win xp and outlook 2003 - i can not recover my old file . System says to me : it is not a outlook data file. or you have not any access to this file. My file size : 277 MB Name : outlook.pst I have total user data... It is very important for me to recover my data as soon as Please tell me with this email : ali_mahoutchian@yahoo.com or answer to my problem here . thanks a lot. i am very sorry for b...

why can't I organize back ground pages
My files typically have 40 pages, 10 of which are backgrounds. Foreground pages can be re ordered. Why can't background pages??? -- Barry ------=_NextPart_0001_459D3752 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit As you have seen, the background pages are not re-orderable. This is normal behavior, and all pages designated as Background pages will be placed at the end of the page list, in the order they were created. If you are trying to create a template and want the pages to appear in a specific order, simply create them in the order you want them to appear. Note t...

Align an ole object in-line with its surround text
Hi, How can I align an ole object (ms-word equation, mathtype,...) in-line with its surround text in CRichEditView? Thanks Emp -- work at forum.empkey.com "ebookfinder" <ebookfinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B849EEB-8930-45AC-BA6B-0D7473373E48@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How can I align an ole object (ms-word equation, mathtype,...) in-line > with > its surround text in CRichEditView? I ma be wrong but I am not sure if its possible. Essentially what you are asking is inserting a CWnd in CRichEditView and let CRichEditView manage i...

Can You Uninstall From Safe Mode
Is it possible to uninstall Exchange 2003 while running in safe mode? We rebooted an Exchange server, that hosts no mailboxes or folders, and it only makes it to the Applying Computer Settings... splash screen. We have let it sit at this for half an hour and it never went further, but we are able to login with Safe Mode with Networking. If it is not possible to uninstall Exchange through safe mode, can you tell us where to find good documentation on how to manually remove all necessary traces of the Exchange server from Active Directory and not corrupt our Exchange settings? Thank yo...

XP-32 can't read dynamic disk set after Win7 install
I've got XP Pro 32-bit, XP x64 installed and did a clean install of Win7 Pro. I have a couple of dynamic disks which have stripe and volume sets on them. Win7 apparently "touched" them in some way and XP 32-bit can't read them. Trying to "reactivate" in Disk Management produces errors in the event logs of "Format Error was found in configuration copy" and "Internal Error: The disk group contains no valid configuration copies". Now, XP x64 can read the dynamic disks just fine (as well as Win7 which continues t...

Setting category to multiple register entries
I've just begun using Money '04 (have been using Quicken for about 6 years), & have dl'd hundreds of transactions from my bank & primary credit card into Money. Is there any way to select a number of transactions & assign them to a given category as a group (e.g., the many restaurant charges on my CC would go to food/dining out)? Similarly, how can I reconcile/clear an entire group of checks? having to do all these one by one is a real PITA, but I don't see a way to select a number of transactions for modification at once. TIA Dan You could use the find/...

Can new cases check for contracts
Is it possible for me to configure CRM to check for an active contract whenever a new case is created for a customer? Ideally I would still like to create a new case if their contract has expired, but with some sort of warning. The only way to do this (and probably the best way) is to make the contract a required field. If you have cases that don't use contracts, then you can use a drop-down field for case type (such as Contract Case, Hourly Case, Admin Case, etc.) and put a javascript onchange event on the case type field so when the Contract Case type is selected, it turns the Co...

Reset the Invoice ID in CRM 3.0
Hallo, after testing our CRM we want to reset the middle part of the Invoice ID. Is that possible without reinstall crm? thx Hauskapellmeister It depends. If you still have the invoices you created in the system, then resetting the value will cause issues as it will gen duplicate values. but, the value is stored in the OrganizationBase table and you can update it there. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM <netzzwerg@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1173125111.298420.305990@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... Hallo, after testing our CRM we want to reset the middle part of ...

Can't save messages to hard drive from Outlook 2000 with Exchange 5.5
When I try to copy emails (with attachments) to a folder on my desktop I get an error that says " An error occured while copying file" Every once in a while a file will copy but there seems no rhyme or reason to it. Files without attachments will copy fine. I can move the emails between folders in my in box but I have the same problems trying to archive the files or trying to copy them to personal folders. I have office service pack 3 installed. I CAN open the files up one by one and "save as" and they will save but that is ridiculous. Usually I see this as a...