I am trying to change an analytical assignmnet through the Edit
Analysis.  When I try and change it, I receive an error stating "The
Code of this Transaction Dimension cannot be adjusted".  Has anyone
seen this before?  I have done similar changes many times, but I don't
know why I can't now.  Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
KJ
0
kjjson (71)

Hi KJ

What version of Gp are you running? I haveseen this happen in 8 but one of
the service packs fixed it. (I think it was SP 4 or 5)

Fliehigh

"KJ" wrote:

> I am trying to change an analytical assignmnet through the Edit
> Analysis.  When I try and change it, I receive an error stating "The
> Code of this Transaction Dimension cannot be adjusted".  Has anyone
> seen this before?  I have done similar changes many times, but I don't
> know why I can't now.  Any insight would be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> KJ

0
Fliehigh (443)
12/13/2007 4:55:04 PM
It is version 8, though it is 8.00g73 (Service Pack 5) and Analytical
Accounting is on version 8.00g43

On Dec 13, 9:55 am, Fliehigh <Flieh...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi KJ
>
> What version of Gp are you running? I haveseen this happen in 8 but one of
> the service packs fixed it. (I think it was SP 4 or 5)
>
> Fliehigh
>

> "KJ" wrote:
> > I am trying to change an analytical assignmnet through the Edit
> > Analysis.  When I try and change it, I receive an error stating "The
> > Code of this Transaction Dimension cannot be adjusted".  Has anyone
> > seen this before?  I have done similar changes many times, but I don't
> > know why I can't now.  Any insight would be helpful.
>
> > Thanks,
> > KJ- Hide quoted text -

kjjson (71)
12/13/2007 5:08:44 PM
Is there any otehr error message?

"KJ" wrote:

> It is version 8, though it is 8.00g73 (Service Pack 5) and Analytical
> Accounting is on version 8.00g43
>
> On Dec 13, 9:55 am, Fliehigh <Flieh...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi KJ
> >
> > What version of Gp are you running? I haveseen this happen in 8 but one of
> > the service packs fixed it. (I think it was SP 4 or 5)
> >
> > Fliehigh
> >

> > "KJ" wrote:
> > > I am trying to change an analytical assignmnet through the Edit
> > > Analysis.  When I try and change it, I receive an error stating "The
> > > Code of this Transaction Dimension cannot be adjusted".  Has anyone
> > > seen this before?  I have done similar changes many times, but I don't
> > > know why I can't now.  Any insight would be helpful.
> >
> > > Thanks,
> > > KJ- Hide quoted text -

Fliehigh (443)
12/13/2007 6:45:02 PM
I was able to solve this, though I don't know how it happened.  It was
with a particular dimension, and it was not marked to allow
adjustment

ec 13, 11:45 am, Fliehigh <Flieh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is there any otehr error message?
>

> "KJ" wrote:
> > It is version 8, though it is 8.00g73 (Service Pack 5) and Analytical
> > Accounting is on version 8.00g43
>
> > On Dec 13, 9:55 am, Fliehigh <Flieh...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi KJ
>
> > > What version of Gp are you running? I haveseen this happen in 8 but one of
> > > the service packs fixed it. (I think it was SP 4 or 5)
>
> > > Fliehigh

kjjson (71)

Analytical Accounting Edit list won't print
We are using Analytical Accounting and I have a general ledger batch that contains quite a bit of AA information. My understanding is that if I print the edit list on the batch, an AA edit list will also print, however, only the batch edit list is printing. Any idea why this might be? Is there some other way that I can look to see if the AA information has been attached to the transactions other than by looking at each transaction individually? Thanks, KJ Yo can turn the AA edit list printing on and off in the Posting Setup Window. Tools->Setup->posting->Posting Cheers. R. &...

Mixing Business & Personal Accounts
I'm using Outlook 2000 on a Win2K Pro PC. I use Outlook for both my personal and business (exchange server via VPN) accounts. I have tried previously to combine the two into a single profile and use rules to move my personal account messages into my PST folders. That part works fine, what I can't solve is the outbound problem of not being able to select which "account/user/whatever nomenclature you prefer" I'm sending from when I draft new messages or reply. I know you can go into settings and change the delivery order from business to personal, but let's face it,...

Account balance dsicrepencies within Money 2004 Premium?
I have been using Money 2004 Premium for about six months now and love it. It is so easy to use and has really helped me get a handle on where my money is going and getting my finances under control. This has really been helpful with my "Total Money Makeover". However, I do have one, very small problem. A few months ago a 1 cent discrepency popped up in one account. I have one account with a very small balance of $210.74. The Money account register says $210.74, my bank statements say $210.74, my bank's online info says $210.74 and Money and my bank agree whenever I syn...

Can Paypal,StormPay,PayDirect, and or Ikobo accounts be sync'ed or downloaded in
Any advise on how to keep track or download electronic accounts of the sort into noney 2004 In microsoft.public.money, HouseHead711 wrote: >Any advise on how to keep track or download electronic >accounts of the sort into noney 2004 It's up to the institutions to provide download or not. Paypal has QIF download via website tho they have not partnered with Microsoft on it. I don't know about the others. ...

Adjusting one data set based another
I'd like to compare two sets and report a result that shows how one data set would plot if related to the other set (sorry, I know that's poorly worded). Here's an example: Sample #1 Sample #2 25% 0.26 25% 0.264 30% 0.31 30% 0.317 35% 0.36 35% 0.365 40% 0.41 40% 0.426 45% 0.45 45% 0.5 50% 0.51 50% 0.569 55% 0.56 55% 0.644 60% 0.62 60% 0.72 65% 0.69 65% 0.779 70% 0.75 70% 0.835 75% 0.84 75% 0.901 80% 0.93 80% 0.968 85% 1.03 85% 1.049 90% 1.12 90% 1.108 95% 1.24 95% 1.194 100% 1.4 100% 1.242 So, in the above data for example, at 50%, sample #1 reports 0.51 in sa...

How do I disassociate an account from an OFX download?
I have been having difficulty importing an OFX from my bank into Money 2006. When I download the file from my bank's website Money indicates that it has received the file and had imported successfully, but when I look in Money the transactions are nowhere to be found? At this point I have added and deleted the account a couple of times and I think that it is associating the file with an account that I have deleted. How do I create a new association with the correct account? If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, mbartkoski@gmail.com wrote: >...

New user mail account doesn't appear in the global address list
I recently added a new user account to our domain. His windows account works fine, logs onto outlook fine and can send/receive mail. His account was created from the same template I use to create all of the accounts for employees in that department, so permissions/groups should all be identical. The issue is that he does not appear in the global address list. Any ideas how to get him there? Make sure you are not logged in Outlook Cached mode, try to do a lookup using OWA and see if you can find the new user. Ali "CervalisAdmin" wrote: > I recently added a new user a...

CRM 3.0 and Office Accounting 2007
I understand that Gurango used to have a software that connected the two. It was called CRM2OA. They have - as far as I can see - discontinued it. With the discontinuation of this software, is possible that Microsoft (the developer of both CRM AND OA) has created a linking-tool that will work in a similar way as the CRM2OA??? We have CRM 3.0 running here, and we have Office Accounting 2007 running here. We would like to integrate them both so whether you are in one or the other, either one is updated with whatever invoice, client, payments or whatever is being entered. ...

Posting Accounts #3
Good morning, I just discovered a problem that's been going on for some time and I'm wondering if there is a solution besides a manual update. We have several inventory sites and we also have corresponding inventory accounts for each site. When I post an invoice that is not coming from our main location, the distribution is defaulting to our main location. I have the site changed to the other location, but is there a way to tie the inventory site to the correct distribution accounts? I know how to manually change the distribution, but it seems that there should be a way to ...

Billpay and Brokerage Account #2
I registered for MSN (Checkfree) Billpay and registered my core cash account of my Fidelity Brokerage Account. However, when completing set-up from within MS-Money, this core cash account is not one of the available bank accounts from which I can initiate payments. I have successfully used Checkfree and this Fidelity Cash Account in the past but Money 2004 doesn't seem to allow me to complete the set-up with this account. Have others faced this issue? Jeff, I'm having big problems paying bills with 2004 as well. I switched from Checkfree, ($12.95 /mo) to MSN Billpay (free...

Account Administration
I am new to the microsoft exchange. Recently my server had gotten a virus and I recently had to restore it. The machine came back fine. All my end users with exception of one 1 is working properly. This end user is able to send messages to other users inside my domain (or server)and to the rest of the world. Whenever someone trys to send to him we get the following: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Ron . Albertson on 4/5/04 3:16 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:SALES:BDCSERVER So I looke...

Multiple accounts:one bank (different IDs & pswd)
How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank w/ different IDs and pswds? In microsoft.public.money, garnd wrote: >How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank >w/ different IDs and pswds? What program are you using? MM 05 "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, garnd wrote: > > >How do i set up auto-online updates when u have multiple accounts at one bank > >w/ different IDs and pswds? > > What program are you using? > > In microsoft.public.money, garnd...

Unable to update accounts
After recently updating my MS Money to the latest version I have not been able to update my accounts. My last successful update shows 10/13/07. I can't figure out the problem. I have tried to merge duplicate accounts, no luck.... I need some help. On Nov 13, 12:55 pm, Bobert <Bob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After recently updating my MS Money to the latest version I have not been > able to update my accounts. My last successful update shows 10/13/07. I can't > figure out the problem. I have tried to merge duplicate accounts, no luck.... > I need some he...

MS Office with non-admin accounts
Howdy, Our iMac at home has accounts for parents (admin account) and kids (managed account). The parents account can use all of the features of word, powerpoint, etc. The kids account can launch the application but not use a number of the features - for example, in Word, you see the document, can type, print, etc., but you can't launch the formatting palette or use the toolbars. Word gives an error that says the application isn't installed correctly or is damaged (but still works fine in the admin account). Naturally, I don't want to give the kids full access to the system. Is...

Easy way to view account activity?
I have a user who is used to working with Goldmine. This product had a useful feature whereby a person could see all the activity on accounts in a certain territory for a given date. So if administrators had been dealing with accounts owned by this person, he could check up on what had happened and see if he needed to take any action. Is there a simple way to do this in CRM 3.0? He would like to be able to see any changes to accounts of a given territory on a given date. Thanks Grant If by activity you mean an activity entity such as appointments you can query this using the advan...

email account 02-28-10
I am having trouble setting this account up. I just don't understand anything about POP3 or POP1 servers. Can you please help First, you need to have a Yahoo PLUS account - the one you pay for. Do you have that - or the free one? If you only have the free one, you can only use the webmail access, not Windows Mail. "tonya kelley" <tkelley731@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OQ0Jm7MuKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am having trouble setting this account up. I just don't understand > anything about POP3 or POP1 servers. Can you please he...

Office Accounting Express / Professional install issue
I installed Office Accounting Express 2009 first on my computer but meant to install Office Accounting Professional 2009 instead. So, I uninstalled Express and then installed Professional. When I load Accounting it still shows me as having Express installed and not Professional. I have following the KB notes on how to completely remove Express and SQL 2005 and even did the registry editing....still does not remove Express. Has anyone had this issue and know what registry settings I need to remove or how to completely remove the Express version so that I can have just the Pro ...

Project Accounting billing invoice/invoice
Hi there A client we have been asked to assist at has just had project accounting installed by another consultant. We have been asked to design the billing note/invoice. I am not a regular consultant on Project Accounting and I am struggling a bit to understand the billing note options and reports. Basically what the customer is looking for is an invoice displaying a 1 line or summary lines showing the value to be billed including the display of the VAT/Tax. The projects are setup as T & M projects only with about 10-12 cost categories on each project, including equipment, labou...

FRX - AA and Natural accounts in a single Report
Hi. I have GP8.0 with analytical accounting module, and Frx 6.7 with sp3 with the Addin of analitycal Accounting installed . My Client need to make a single report who show the accounts with AA and without AA to consolidate 21 companies. When I try to add the accounts without analisis in a row, FRx dont show it, then I have to write the account on the field, but the data is not displayed in the report, only show the accounts with analisis. Any advice? BHC ...

How do I get another user on my account pacbell.yahoo.com
I would like to get another user on my outlook mail program. I currently have my pop account as pacbell.yahoo.com and outgoing smpt as pacbell.yahoo.com Do I create a new user name and if so How? On Mon, 9 May 2005 19:48:01 -0700, "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to get another user on my outlook mail program. I currently >have my pop account as pacbell.yahoo.com and outgoing smpt as >pacbell.yahoo.com > >Do I create a new user name and if so How? At the top, go to tools/options and then select "email account accounts&qu...

balance account
When I balance the account I may have 75-100 checks to clear. It is a PITA to clear each one individually. Is there a way to "clear all" and then proceed with balancing the account? TIA for any words of wisdom. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: > >When I balance the account I may have 75-100 checks to clear. It is a >PITA to clear each one individually. Is there a way to "clear all" and >then proceed with balancing the account? Try holding the space bar down, or use space bar plus down-arrow to be more selective. Poking the space bar can also toggle an ...

Integration Manager and Analytical Accounting #3
Hi, Has anyone used integration manager to update General Ledger transactions that include Analytical Analysis information? We have volumes of transactions in excel with analysis (grants, projects & locations) that we need to integrate to GL. Any suggestions? Patrick There is no off-the-shelf adapter for Analytical Accounting in Integration Manager. Microsoft's solution is to use eConnect, which adds a lot of complexity. You may not want to buy more software to solve a problem caused by what you already own. However, you might consider a product from eOne Solutions (develo...

Best Practice for Products by accounts
I need some advice how to solve following task. We are selling software so I added a product cataloge with all the modules. Whenever a customer buy's our software I want to know which producs (software modules) was bought. I think this could be achived through the products by customer report or with following link to add it directly into a account tab (http://www.mscrmguy.com/hols/showproducts/ ). But what I realy need is to mantaine the version number of the software for update scenarios. Like a customer has bought this and that software module with this and that version. And may...

Automatically open different workbooks depending on user account used.
There are two userrs on the same computer. When user 1 opens Excel, I'd like oen workbook to automatically open. When user2 opens Excel, I'd like a diffferent workbook to automatically open. Is this possible? (Each user logs into Windows usning their uuser account.) The computer is running windows XP pro and Excel 2007. Thanks, Something like this might work for you. This is untested. Post back if this doesn't work for you. Place the following macro in the ThisWorkbook module. You would need to change ThePath to your real path, the user account names for Joe and Bill...

my hotmail account
Will you please help me close my account? Thank you No one here can help you with that. Questions regarding Hotmail accounts and operation can be asked at http://windowslivehelp.com/ -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "kim johnson" <kim johnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3CFE80E-9090-4C35-A737-810151354383@microsoft.com... > Will you please help me close my account? Thank you All support for Windows Live Hotmail and related Live Services(account, Live ID, etc) is handled by the W...