Can I change Account Segment in Great Plains

I have to increase one account segment  from 2 to 3 digits of one company.
Can I do it straight away (Setup>>Company>>Account Format).
Is there any other steps I should follow?

0
Jacob

Jacob,

Check the maximum account settings (V80: Tools > Settings > Company >
Account Format).  If the Maximum Account Length = Account Length, you are at
the maximum already and cannot expand your account number.  If you have some
room to play with, check the individual segment lengths.
If the segment you want to increase is not at the maximum length, change the
Account Length to the new total of characters and change the segment length
to 3.

Be warned however, exisiting account numbers will remain the same size but
show a blank at the end of the expanded segment.  New account numbers will
permit use of the new expanded segment.  This will allow for some strange
issues such as 000 -1100-00 and 0000-1100-00 as being unique numbers.  You
can use the Professional Services Tools Library to convert the old numbers to
the new format.

If you are already at the maximum length you will need a tool such as
Corporate Renaissance's Reformatter to change the system account settings.

Hope that helps,
Claude

"Jacob Koshy" wrote:

> I have to increase one account segment  from 2 to 3 digits of one company.
> Can I do it straight away (Setup>>Company>>Account Format).
> Is there any other steps I should follow?

0
cfrymark (16)

Save changes for a custom configuration section
Hi there, I've defined a 'Foo' configuration section in my App.config file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <configSections> <section name="Foo" type="FooLib.FooConfigSection, FooLib"></section> </configSections> <Foo label="Foo Label"></Foo> </configuration> ....and defined a custom ConfigSection class: public class FooConfigSection : ConfigurationSection { [ConfigurationProperty("label", IsRequired=tru...

Change the file name in Macro
I created Macro that open several workbooks (actually 17 of them) at the same time like this; Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\01 - Feb09 CFW.xls" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\11 - Feb09 CFW.xls" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\21 - Feb09 CFW.xls" It works fine till I have to use it for the following month. I have to go back to my Macro and change manually the directory from 02-09 to 03-09 and file name from Feb09 to Mar0...

Changing file in all upper case to upper and lower case
I have a file of names and addresses that were entered in all upper case. Is there a fast way to change this file into upper and lower case? Thanks for any help you can give me. -- S Jan http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Sagit" <Sagit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99B059C4-F5D8-4DD4-BABC-A16AFA3AA6D1@microsoft.com... >I have a file of names and addresses that were entered in all upper case. >Is > there a fast way to change this file into upper and lower case? Thanks &g...

Can't enter data in query datasheet
I have a query (involving multiple tables) that I want to execute and then use to enter/change data via the datasheet which results from the query. On most queries, I am able to do that. One this one, I can't. What is the criteria for determining what queries will allow data entry and which queries won't? What do I have to do to this query to allow data entry? SELECT [4GateMeetingTimes].Time, ActivityTbl.Activity_ActivityKey, ActivityTbl.Activity_Deployment, ActivityTbl.Activity_Name, ActivityTbl.Activity_Status, ActivityTbl.Activity_Type, ActivityTbl.Activity_Pl...

Change Business unit for Team
Is there a way to move a team from one Business unit to another? I can't find one. Ketil You can set the parent business unit of a team by using the SetParent method http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm/bizteamsetparentmethod.asp there are examples for C# too I hope this helps Andreas Donaubauer [MVP f�r CRM] MCP since 1999, MCSE, MCSA andreas[at]donaubauer.com http://www.crmfaq.de "Ketil Samuelsen" <ketilsam@frisurf.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5cdab81a.0501250110.3daad9fd@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to move a team from one Business...

2007 excel autofilter change back to 2003 autofilter?
Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter worked? I see you have a response to one of your other posts -- in a different forum. jonnybrovo815 wrote: > > Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter > worked? -- Dave Peterson ...

Formula to sum in columns that change weekly
I enter a column of data weekly into a spread sheet and then total each row for the last 4,8& 12 weeks. As the column numbers to be added change weekly I have to change the formula weekly. Is there a way to do this automatically? Assuming no blanks, this will total the last 4, 8 and 12 weeks in row 2: =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-4,1,4) =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-8,1,8) =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-12,1,12) In article <lf%Lb.3326$Z%4.1704@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>, "Robert L. Salisbury" <rlsalisbury@c-air-s.com> wrote: > I e...

Outlook 2007 ignoring "don't save changes" in calendar
HI, I have a strange problem with Outlook 2007 and am hoping someone can assist. It goes something like this: - I create a meeting request for 3pm today (the time doesn't matter) and send it to someone. - I then open up that appointment/meeting in my calendar and change the time to 5pm. - Before saving or sending the update I decide that I actually don't want to change the time of the meeting. - I press the X button to close the window and I'm asked whether I want to save the changes and send an update, or don't save changes. - I click don't save changes...

How can I?
I have a list of 32 numbers ranging from 166.80 to 4,231.22 in cells R1:R32; there may be duplicates but there are no negatives and all are to 2 decimal places. I also have a total of 16,496.42 Is there a way finding a combination of cells within the range R1:R32 that equals the total of 16,496.42? Thanks for any responses, Dave Moore "DaveMoore" <david.moore@uuplc.co.uk> wrote: > Is there a way finding a combination of cells within > the range R1:R32 that equals the total of 16,496.42? Yes. But you might have to run through as many as 4,294,967,295...

I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a l.
I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter. I have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages. What am I doing wrong. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for 2003 and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.Hope this helps DeanH "rlw" wrote: > I can't get my letterhead to only appear ...

I can't resolve Error number: 0x80070020 downloading windows updat
Hi! While downloading windows updates to my computer I keep getting Error number: 0x80070020. what can I do? <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> February 24, 2010 You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825> -=- Ǝиçεl ◕‿◕ -=- "AJ" wrote: > Hi! While downloading windows updates to my computer I keep getting Error > number: 0x80070020. what can I do? ...

MBS great plains trial version HELP
I want to learn this product and i found the site:- https://microsoft.order-4.com/Q4FinancialHealth/addrform.asp?skipto=4 I want to get a copy but its only shipping to the U.S as the address is only US. Can people from other country get it. I wan it to come to Australia.. Any ideas Patrick You need to contact a partner. I don't know where you are but you can start with eOne Solutions (www.eonesolutions.com.au). -- Charles Allen, MVP "Patrick.O.Ige" wrote: > I want to learn this product and i found the site:- > https://microsoft.order-4.com/Q4FinancialHealth/addrfor...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

how do i change the default directory in Outlook?
I do not use the My Documents Directory. The bulk of the files I save are kept on a server drive which is backed up daily. I wish Outlook to default to this server directory when I am saving. Outlook 2003. Jeff Bryenton <Jeff Bryenton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I do not use the My Documents Directory. The bulk of the files I save > are kept on a server drive which is backed up daily. I wish Outlook > to default to this server directory when I am saving. Outlook 2003. One way is to change the definition of "My Documents" so that it points to the server. A...

How to ensure recipient can't change message
Is there a setting I can put on a message I send so that the recipient is prevented from changing any of the content, including attachments? Would this apply even when the recipient forwards the message? Use F1 help to read up on the topic of message sensitivity. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Hall asked: | Is there a setting I can put on a message I send so that the | reci...

can comments move themselves when you hide columns?
Comments in an Excel sheet seem to absolutely positioned, so that when I hide some of the columns in my sheet, the comments stays where it was, way off to the right of the columns that are still visible. Is there anything I can do about this? Best, Jamie I've never seen a way to keep them where they belong. But Debra Dalgleish posted some code to move them back when they get too rambunctious. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3EB3A86D.2060007%40contextures.com Jamie Martin wrote: > > Comments in an Excel sheet seem to absolutely positioned, so that when I > hide some o...

can i change plot area colors for different date ranges
if i want to shade the plot area of a chart diferent colors, for example gray from Jan 1 through Fed 17, then white until March 10, is that possible? Will want to change the shadinging preiodically and fairly frequently. Thank you Hi, You should be able to use the technique explained on Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html Cheers Andy steve wrote: > if i want to shade the plot area of a chart diferent colors, for example gray > from Jan 1 through Fed 17, then white until March 10, is that possible? Will > want to change the shadinging pr...

Can't edit my word document!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a new document, saved it. Went back to edit it and make changes and I can't. No curser even appears for me to select a word to change. I can add and remove text boxes, but nothing else. It's behaving like a PDF... but it's saved as a doc.x <br><br>Please help! Thanks! Answered elsewhere... Please stick to your original thread so we can keep track of things. On 7/04/10 11:02 AM, in article 59bb6991.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunmarin@officeformac.com" <sun...

Forumla to change values on situation
Hi all, I have a table of items with "value" "vat" and "total" Columns. I would like to write a formulae to say When value is less than 140.5 then change value to 85.5, vat to 14.96, total to 100.46 Else no change. so im guessings its something like: X=1 If AX<140.5 then AX=85.5, BX=14.96, CX=100.46 Else AX=AX,BX=BX,CX=CX Increment x Or i could just copy and paste the If Then statment down all the columns and forget the increment. Hopefully you will see what im trying to do. Thanks in advance, any help is much appretiated as always. Ernest Lai...

OWA2003 "Change Password" button problems?
The following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823175 describes how to change the urlscan.ini file to allow things to pass through unaffected. However now that I've got the "Change Password" button to appear, I get a "file not found" error when I click on it. I've used their ..ini file with a few modifications (to loosen it for my environment). I think I understand that because I run Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2000, that I have to allow .htr files. I've done this but it still doesn't work. It says in one unqualified s...

Messages for a resource are sent to a non-existent account
We have four conference facilities for each of which we have set up in Exchange Server 2003 a resource account with a calendar. At one time Person A and others were delegated to manage those resources. Person A has now left. Her account has been deleted and I can find no reference to her in any address book or as a remaining delegate. But when resource requests are sent to one of the conference facilities, they are also sent to Person A as well as to other resource managers. Naturally, the request to Person A is returned as undeliverable. It seems that somewhere in the Exchange Database - or...

Change Status by Worklfow not working!
I had a simple workflow to change account's status to active. The workflow is an "On demend" one. The workflow is running succeeded. The line in workflow isfor change record status is done. But the inactive account is not changed to active!!! No error found at all. The same workflow is working at another CRM installation(with rollupdate 2). The one has porblem is on rollupdate 4. Any help is great. Thanks -- MS CRM consultants at Melbourne Visit my CRM blog at http://melbournecrm.spaces.live.com/ ...

Is there a function in excel where you can the beginning of the mo
I am trying to look for a function that would will display the first of the month if the cell I am referencing is a date in that month. For instance: I have a date that says 12/16/09 I want the function/formula to return 12/1/09. Is this possible? I cant seem to find it anywhere. This will return the 1st of the month for the date entered in cell A1: =A1-DAY(A1)+1 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Monique" <Monique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E4C8E96-319A-4872-8927-4B7179BA0030@microsoft.com... >I am trying to look for a fun...

Current User ID
I am not understanding how to copy the code that Dev wrote getting the current user ID into Visual Basic and then calling it from my Access form. I copy the code. I insert a new module. I paste the code. I go to a text box on my form. I go to 'before update' and hit expression builder. I don't see this code or function anywhere. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I want this information to go into a table along with my text box that I have current date/time. When a new record is created using my form I would like a query or dlookup to pull the current user informatio...

V1.2
Hello all, I need to import customer from another data source into accounts in V1.2. In the import menu i see only the possibility to import leads or contacts, how can i do? there is a easy way to do this? Can I import my data into leads and bulk convert them into account? Thanks and regards. Diego There is no "bulk convert" function. You have a few choices. You can easily do this using Scribe or by writing a simple import process using the SDK. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Diego Pianarosa" <d.pianarosa@globsys.it> wrote in message news:eTPkyb5F...