calculating quantity on hand based on date-time stamp

Hello:

I am always unclear on the proper syntax for pulling date-related data.  I
need to pull a field in my query, below, based on the field called
"IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I".  This is the date in which an end user changed the
cost of an item.

To give you some background, the IV00102 table in my query below is the Item
Quantity Master table, while the IV00118 table is the Item Cost Change
History table.

The field that I want to pull based on that date field is the
IV00102.QTYONHND field.  This field is the inventory quantity on hand field.

How would I format the syntax below to show quantity on hand, based on the
date in which the end user changed the cost of the item?

Thanks!

select IV00102.ITEMNMBR, IV00102.QTYONHND, IV00118.ORD, IV00118.PREVCOST,
IV00118.PRESENTCOST,
IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I, IV00118.TIME1, IV00118.CHANGEBY_I
FROM CRPT.dbo.IV00102 AS IV00102
JOIN CRPT.dbo.IV00118 AS IV00118
ON IV00102.ITEMNMBR = IV00118.ITEMNMBR
where IV00118.ITEMNMBR = '37044' and LOCNCODE = 'FG1'
GROUP BY IV00102.QTYONHND, IV00102.ITEMNMBR, IV00118.ORD, IV00118.PREVCOST,
IV00118.PRESENTCOST, IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I,
IV00118.TIME1, IV00118.CHANGEBY_I

childofthe1980s

Child,

Not sure why you would want to pull the quantity on hand field from the
IV00102 based on a particular date in the IV00118. As it stands, the quantity
on hand field in the IV00102 is not a historical value at that particular
date.

My question is, are you looking to retrieve the quantity on hand regardless
of the date when the cost change occurred? If so, your query should look
something like:

select a.itemnmbr, a.ord, a.prevcost, a.presentcost, a.changedate_i,
a.time1, a.changeby_i, b.qtyonhnd
from IV00118 a left outer join IV00102 b on a.itemnmbr = b.itemnmbr
where a.itemnmbr = '100XLG' and b.locncode = 'WAREHOUSE'

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am always unclear on the proper syntax for pulling date-related data.  I
> need to pull a field in my query, below, based on the field called
> "IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I".  This is the date in which an end user changed the
> cost of an item.
>
> To give you some background, the IV00102 table in my query below is the Item
> Quantity Master table, while the IV00118 table is the Item Cost Change
> History table.
>
> The field that I want to pull based on that date field is the
> IV00102.QTYONHND field.  This field is the inventory quantity on hand field.
>
> How would I format the syntax below to show quantity on hand, based on the
> date in which the end user changed the cost of the item?
>
> Thanks!
>
> select IV00102.ITEMNMBR, IV00102.QTYONHND, IV00118.ORD, IV00118.PREVCOST,
> IV00118.PRESENTCOST,
> IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I, IV00118.TIME1, IV00118.CHANGEBY_I
> FROM CRPT.dbo.IV00102 AS IV00102
> JOIN CRPT.dbo.IV00118 AS IV00118
> ON IV00102.ITEMNMBR = IV00118.ITEMNMBR
> where IV00118.ITEMNMBR = '37044' and LOCNCODE = 'FG1'
> GROUP BY IV00102.QTYONHND, IV00102.ITEMNMBR, IV00118.ORD, IV00118.PREVCOST,
> IV00118.PRESENTCOST, IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I,
> IV00118.TIME1, IV00118.CHANGEBY_I
>
> childofthe1980s
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/28/2008 3:53:00 AM
Well, we need to know what the quantity on hand was at that date in order to
perform some calculations.  Any ideas on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

childofthe1980s

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Child,
>
> Not sure why you would want to pull the quantity on hand field from the
> IV00102 based on a particular date in the IV00118. As it stands, the quantity
> on hand field in the IV00102 is not a historical value at that particular
> date.
>
> My question is, are you looking to retrieve the quantity on hand regardless
> of the date when the cost change occurred? If so, your query should look
> something like:
>

> select a.itemnmbr, a.ord, a.prevcost, a.presentcost, a.changedate_i,
> a.time1, a.changeby_i, b.qtyonhnd
> from IV00118 a left outer join IV00102 b on a.itemnmbr = b.itemnmbr
> where a.itemnmbr = '100XLG' and b.locncode = 'WAREHOUSE'
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I am always unclear on the proper syntax for pulling date-related data.  I
> > need to pull a field in my query, below, based on the field called
> > "IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I".  This is the date in which an end user changed the
> > cost of an item.
> >
> > To give you some background, the IV00102 table in my query below is the Item
> > Quantity Master table, while the IV00118 table is the Item Cost Change
> > History table.
> >
> > The field that I want to pull based on that date field is the
> > IV00102.QTYONHND field.  This field is the inventory quantity on hand field.
> >
> > How would I format the syntax below to show quantity on hand, based on the
> > date in which the end user changed the cost of the item?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > select IV00102.ITEMNMBR, IV00102.QTYONHND, IV00118.ORD, IV00118.PREVCOST,
> > IV00118.PRESENTCOST,
> > IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I, IV00118.TIME1, IV00118.CHANGEBY_I
> > FROM CRPT.dbo.IV00102 AS IV00102
> > JOIN CRPT.dbo.IV00118 AS IV00118
> > ON IV00102.ITEMNMBR = IV00118.ITEMNMBR
> > where IV00118.ITEMNMBR = '37044' and LOCNCODE = 'FG1'
> > GROUP BY IV00102.QTYONHND, IV00102.ITEMNMBR, IV00118.ORD, IV00118.PREVCOST,
> > IV00118.PRESENTCOST, IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I,
> > IV00118.TIME1, IV00118.CHANGEBY_I
> >
> > childofthe1980s
That's what the Historical Stock Status report supposed to do. Have you tried
it?

Best regards,
--

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Well, we need to know what the quantity on hand was at that date in order to
> perform some calculations.  Any ideas on this would be helpful.
>
> Thanks.
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Child,
> >
> > Not sure why you would want to pull the quantity on hand field from the
> > IV00102 based on a particular date in the IV00118. As it stands, the quantity
> > on hand field in the IV00102 is not a historical value at that particular
> > date.
> >
> > My question is, are you looking to retrieve the quantity on hand regardless
> > of the date when the cost change occurred? If so, your query should look
> > something like:
> >

> > select a.itemnmbr, a.ord, a.prevcost, a.presentcost, a.changedate_i,
> > a.time1, a.changeby_i, b.qtyonhnd
> > from IV00118 a left outer join IV00102 b on a.itemnmbr = b.itemnmbr
> > where a.itemnmbr = '100XLG' and b.locncode = 'WAREHOUSE'
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > I am always unclear on the proper syntax for pulling date-related data.  I
> > > need to pull a field in my query, below, based on the field called
> > > "IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I".  This is the date in which an end user changed the
> > > cost of an item.
> > >
> > > To give you some background, the IV00102 table in my query below is the Item
> > > Quantity Master table, while the IV00118 table is the Item Cost Change
> > > History table.
> > >
> > > The field that I want to pull based on that date field is the
> > > IV00102.QTYONHND field.  This field is the inventory quantity on hand field.
> > >
> > > How would I format the syntax below to show quantity on hand, based on the
> > > date in which the end user changed the cost of the item?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > select IV00102.ITEMNMBR, IV00102.QTYONHND, IV00118.ORD, IV00118.PREVCOST,
> > > IV00118.PRESENTCOST,
> > > IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I, IV00118.TIME1, IV00118.CHANGEBY_I
> > > FROM CRPT.dbo.IV00102 AS IV00102
> > > JOIN CRPT.dbo.IV00118 AS IV00118
> > > ON IV00102.ITEMNMBR = IV00118.ITEMNMBR
> > > where IV00118.ITEMNMBR = '37044' and LOCNCODE = 'FG1'
> > > GROUP BY IV00102.QTYONHND, IV00102.ITEMNMBR, IV00118.ORD, IV00118.PREVCOST,
> > > IV00118.PRESENTCOST, IV00118.CHANGEDATE_I,
> > > IV00118.TIME1, IV00118.CHANGEBY_I
> > >
> > > childofthe1980s
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/28/2008 1:42:00 PM
Of course.  But, that report is based on TEMP tables.  You can't grab that
data and put it into a view.  That's the problem.

childofthe1980s

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> That's what the Historical Stock Status report supposed to do. Have you tried
> it?
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Well, we need to know what the quantity on hand was at that date in order to
> > perform some calculations.  Any ideas on this would be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > childofthe1980s
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Child,
> > >
> > > Not sure why you would want to pull the quantity on hand field from the
> > > IV00102 based on a particular date in the IV00118. As it stands, the quantity
> > > on hand field in the IV00102 is not a historical value at that particular
> > > date.
> > >
> > > My question is, are you looking to retrieve the quantity on hand regardless
> > > of the date when the cost change occurred? If so, your query should look
> > > something like:
> > >

> > > select a.itemnmbr, a.ord, a.prevcost, a.presentcost, a.changedate_i,
> > > a.time1, a.changeby_i, b.qtyonhnd
> > > from IV00118 a left outer join IV00102 b on a.itemnmbr = b.itemnmbr
> > > where a.itemnmbr = '100XLG' and b.locncode = 'WAREHOUSE'
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

child,

Were you able to find a solution for this?  I'm trying to do the same
thing to incorporate the inventory value change based on an historical
standard cost change into a report and starting to conclude that 'ya
can't get there from here'.  Unfortunately, the JE created in GL20000
from the cost change does not reference the record in IV00018 in any
way.  I'm afraid it might be a calculation in a temp table created
when the cost change is made.

Thx much,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)

Concatinating two dates.....?
I have two cells that display dates. 1/25/2004 (B16) and 2/7/2004 (N22). I want to combine the values in one cell formatted like this, "1/25/2004 - 2/7/2004". This formula "=B16&" - "&N22" returns "38011 - 38024" What's the answer? What am I missing? Thanks Kelvin Hi try =TEXT(B16,"MM/DD/YYYY") & " - " & TEXT(N22,"MM/DD/YYYY") >-----Original Message----- >I have two cells that display dates. 1/25/2004 (B16) and 2/7/2004 (N22). >I want to combine the values in one cell formatted like t...

How to catch a WM_COPY message in a CRichEditCtrl based object
I have a CRichEditCtrl based class, and I want to catch the WM_COPY message. I used the ON_MESSAGE(WM_COPY, OnCopy) macro in the MESSAGE_MAP, and then defined a LRESULT OnCopy(WPARAM, LPARAM); function. However I am not getting a breakpoint in that routine. Do I need to be using Reflection? Any ideas on how I can catch that message so I can do special processing? Thanks! Under what conditions are you not catching WM_COPY? Ctrl+C? It probably doesn't send a WM_COPY message (Microsoft is not very good about doing things the right way, just doing things the clever way) joe On 3 Ja...

Run a query based on user input to a text box
I am creating a database to manage Auction Bids for a live radio station phone auction weekend. I have a form where the user is entering names as the bidders call in. I want to be able to have entry into a text box cause a query to run and populate a list box so that if a caller has been entered before, the user can click on an existing name. So for example, if the first keystroke is A , then the list box will be populated with all names beginning with A. If the next keystroke is l to give Al then the list box will be repopulated with only names beginning with Al (e.g. Alice, Aliso...

date formulas
Hi, I have two problems that need help. Cell A1 has a date of birth. Cell A2 calculates the age. If there isn't a dob of birth, cell A2 returns 110. Another one is having cell C1 with a date or NA. C2 is based on cell C1 and adds 3 months to the date in C1 but if C1 has NA, the return is #value!. Kathleen Describing the problem is only the first step, Kathleen. You also need to identify the solution you are looking for. As a guess, for #1 try, =if(a1="","",datedif(a1,today(),"y")) For #2, =if(c1="NA","",date(y...

Using excel as a data base
How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge in Word One row per record. Each field in a separate cell/column. It's much easier to combine fields than it is to separate them correctly. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. Nan wrote: > > How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge > in Word -- Dave Peterson ...

View one record at a time in a report.
I am new to access. I created a report from a table using the wizard. When I view the report, I only want to see one given record at a time - not all records. How do I do this? Thank you Ron The easiest way is to start from a form, where you bring up the record you want to see. Then put a command button on the form, to open the report to just that one record. Here's the code you need for the command button: Print the record in the form at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne...

Balance of OT calculation
Hi Please help to set the formula for the calculation of "Balance of". Thanks 3 a b c d e f g h I 4 Apr 04 May 04 Jun 04 Jul 04 Aug 04 Sep 04 Oct 04 Nov 04 Dec 0 5Overtime: 1st 3 hrs 10.0 0.0 10.0 0.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 6 4th hrs 0.0 5.0 1.0 0.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 2.0 7Total claim 10.0 5.0 11.0 0.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 12.0 8Total set-off 3.0 11.0 1.0 17.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 9 10 B/F 7.0 1.0 11.0 (6.0) 5.0 16.0 27.0 38.0 49.0 11 12 Balance of: 13 April 7....

Pick up date for Charts from the Spreadsheet
I have a workbook with one data sheet and several charts which represent weekly activity. I want to be able to pick up the title of the charts from the spreadsheet, e.g. "Sales Activity for Week Ending April 7, 2006". This title information is contained in a cell in the spreadsheet. How do I get it to display at the top of each chart without having to manually type it in the title area under Chart Options? Wilfred: Here' a link to a post I have on dynamic titles that sounds like what you are looking for. http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dynamic_chart_title.htm I ...

Date formatting Help
Macro - Help How can you select a cell with a Sunday's Date to give you th following Sunday's Date when execute -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27551 To get next Sunday's date, just add 7 to this Sunday. So something like: cell.value + 7 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Db1712" <Db1712.1f88gn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

Case Billable Time and Total Time in workflow
Hello evereyone, Case Billable Time and Total Time fields don't accessible in workflow! How can I calculate Case duration in workflow or access aforesaid fields? -- Mohsen Ahmadi, msnahm@hotmail.com IR-0912 *** **** ...

formatting cells to show time format
Hi I wonder if you can help me with the following. I use Office 97 Professional, and Excel 97 to do the following. I have created a spreadsheet that will be used to calculate times & results for Car Rallies. I have sorted out the formatting of the cells so they show hours, minutes, seconds, and down to thousands of a second, using this time format hh:mm:ss.000. I have done the formulas to work out the elapsed times and then total times, by taking the finish time from the start time etc, then adding elapsed times together to get total times. The thing I am trying to sort out is wh...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

Dates in Charts
I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists dates and amounts. The dates are not consecutive however when I create the chart it shows all dates March 1, March 2, March 3 Even though I did not enter March 2 at all. How do I stop it from doing that? you cant. just like if you had numeric data 0, 3, 9, 15 and plotted it. the numbers in between are still shown on the axis. AGP "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BC1E855-7741-44A3-9E5F-7E928A16AE15@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists ...

Role-based authentication from active directory
Hello, I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the network (Active Directory) How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based) Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular page. Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this. Thanks On Feb 15, 8:31=A0pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda" <biranchi_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in t= he > network (Active Directory) > > H...

How would you manage these dates?
I'm back, after posting just a couple of hours ago about "old" dates and getting great help. Now I know more about what my friend is trying to do, and I'm intrigued by the problem and am wondering how a real clever expert, like in this group, would handle it. She's archiving historical letters and using an Excel file. So she's got rows with the topic, who wrote it, who received it, the date, etc. Let's ignore the problem of "old" dates now and assume they're all after 1900. Here's the tricky part: she's not sure about some dates. Thi...

receiveing the same email three times #2
My outlook express died on me, therefore I had to start using outlook 2000, which was fine bit of a pain to get used to but, anyway since using outlook 2000, I am getting the same email from everyone three times. Why is this? It is soing my head in as my outlook is very full and it is taking me some time to get rid of the ones that are duplicated. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Need to automaticallu input date in form
This seems to be a very popular question posed on the forum, and I have read through and tried the most viable solutions given to others. I have three diferent forms that update a table with three different date fields. Although I have set the default value for all the date fields in the table to =Date()- 1, this only works on one of the forms, even though that field in each form is given same properties. The forms are used to update an inventory table containing part numbers, wip dates and amounts, packing dates and amounts, and shipping dates and amounts. I use the three different forms bec...

Time Difference
Dear All, I have some doubt in Date & Time Format. I have some (time) appearing in a column in this format 7/17/2006 3:20:53 PM.. I need to have a conditional formatting for this in that column. Ie., if the time in the column is less than 20 minutes to the current time (ie.,now()) then it should change to some color. Any help in this regard. Rajkumar -- Rajkumar Eager to learn more about Excel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2159 View this thread: http:/...

SSN printed with extra dashes 1 time
I have a database storing soc sec numbers and names. The soc sec numbers are entered on a form with a picture clause of 000\-00\-0000;0;_ I have a report (complicated format) that grabs information from the form and prints out the Soc Sec Number. It has a picture clause of @@@-@@-@@@@ For one client and one client only, the SSN prints out 111-2-3--5555 All others print out 111-23-5555 Does anyone know why this happens. Win XP SP2 and Access 2003 system running Thanks in advance It is very probable that the SSN that has the problem already has the dashes in it or is ot...

date doesn't get entered in cell
I give up, why is the "inputDate" variable not getting put in the "v5" cell? In "a4" cell the "f_FnameLname" variable is getting entered just fine. Also, is there a way to format the date so that in the dialog box the user will have to enter a date? tia, Public Sub SingleMonths() 'months macro rewritten 'used for a single patient sheet to be printed Dim inputDate As Date Dim i As Long inputDate = InputBox("Enter a date:", "Date", Date) 'requires date input from the user in a dialog box For i = 2 To Worksheets.Count...

#DIV/O! Errror with Absolute Number Calculation
Hi, I am calculating the following formula. =ABS(K41-J41)/ABS(K41) The result is #DIV/O! many times because K41 is 0 and the result is #DIV/O! I'd like the result to be "N/A" or something that I could put in between parenthesis. I'd be happy with any recommendations you have. Thanks!! Try this... =IF(K41="","N/A",ABS(K41-J41)/ABS(K41)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Brent" <Brent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93A3C05A-89EC-4229-BA99-C23EF2E24AA8@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I...

Highlight multiple cells (one column) that are less than today's date
Hello, I have a column of dates that needs to be compared current date and highlighted if the date is less that today's date. The dates were populated in a general non-specific format (below) and vary in length. My plan was to create a macro, that uses conditional formatting to say; if the cell date is less than today's date highlight it yellow. I am not finding this to be an easy task! Anyhow, after creating the conditional formatting; I apply it the column by using a past special, then lastly apply a format to the entire column of dates as DATE "*3/14/2001". What hap...

OWA Calendar Time
In my OWA there is a discrepancy between looking diary entry and when actually double-clicking on it. The appointment times are an hour behind in the details of the appointment.elay. This does not happen on the Outlook client. The time zone, daylight saving settings are correct on the Exchange server, Outlook client, OWA Options settings, client PC as well. Any suggestions will greatly appreciated. Regards Issue resolved. For anyone inetrested in knowing the solution.... Went into the Time Zone settings on the Exchange server and set it to Hobart time zone (we are in Sydney by the way)...

Setting Retention times for Mailboxes
Using Exchange 2000 SP3. Have a user that claims some email are missing from Outlook inbox from over a year ago. Is there a default setting within Exchange in which mailbox items get deleted after a certain period of time? (I am not talking about deleted item retention periods) Thanks On 18 Jan 2006 06:27:27 -0800, melickas@yahoo.com wrote: >Using Exchange 2000 SP3. Have a user that claims some email are missing >from Outlook inbox from over a year ago. Is there a default setting >within Exchange in which mailbox items get deleted after a certain >period of time? (I am not talk...

How to synchronize email delivery date
Hi, is there any possibility how to transfer email send/delivery date from outlook to MS CRM when I track the message in CRM? When I check history of any client, all activities has their start/end dates but email dates are empty. I have examined the data in MS CRM and found that the actual delivery/send date is not included in the record. The only date attached to this record is the date/time of performing the track action. Any suggestions? Thank You Best regards George Hi George, there is a Hotfix from Microsoft wich closes this problem. The Hotfix take the recieved date and writ...