Business Portal Time Approval functionality

hi,

I am not able to approve time and expense from business
portal. I looked up the documentation and dont see
anything on that side on how to set it up.

Can anyone let me know how to setup the time approval
functionality in Business Portal.

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Mike,

Make sure to assign your BP user into Project Approver role.(Site
Settings-Manage Business Portal Users-Portal Roles).
In Advance Roles, map your BP user into an Employee that is a valid approver
in PDK(Manager or Supervisor). Login to PDK as an admin and go to User Setup
window. Verify if the user who submitted his/her timesheet has a Manager
and/or Supervisor.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Alvin

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I am not able to approve time and expense from business
> portal. I looked up the documentation and dont see
> anything on that side on how to set it up.
>
> Can anyone let me know how to setup the time approval
> functionality in Business Portal.

0
amanalas (4)

How do I insert my business card into an email?
Here's what I know. I have received emails with a business card inserted within the body and would like to do the same with my business card. Most recently, I received an email with a card which had a .vcf extension which is Virtual Card File. I think you can import a card with a .vcf extension into Outlook and then put it into an email. My situation is complicated by the fact that my business card is a .pub 2000 file and I don't use Outlook for email but Windows Live Hotmail with a .msn extension. Can you tell me how to insert my .pub 2000 business card into an email on...

Do I have to make my times be numbers to get a true average?
I need an average time, does Excel automatically do the correct computation (60 vs 100) if the field is formated as a time, or do I need to convert the times to numbers? No need to convert. Times are stored as fractions of a day (and displayed according to the rules for time) so all calculations will work correctly. You may have to format your result explicitly as time. If times >24 hours are involved, format as [h]:mm to avoid tipping over at 24h "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B183614-AE5E-4AD7-A9C4-5F4738B31EBE@microsoft.com... &g...

How can I copy multiple worksheets in Excel at the same time?
I am trying to copy about 15 sheets in 1 Excel (2002) workbook. Then I want to Paste Special into Word. Can this be done? ...

Military Time #3
how can i key 4:30 and mean 4:30 pm. thanks Gordon Wrote: > "dparkerl" <dparkerl.1dcram@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message > news:dparkerl.1dcram@excelforum-nospam.com... > > > > I am trying to use this formula (=MIN((G10-C10)-(F10-D10),10/24). It > is > > giveing the coreect time but I can't input time as 7:00(A1) 4:30 > (A2). > > I have to key 7:00 16:30. > > > > > > -- > > dparkerl > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > > dparkerl's Profile: &...

times off in shared calendars
Since the start of DST several of my users have had an issue with the times being off in calendars they share. When User A looks at her calendar the appt times are correct. When User B looks at her own calendar the times are correct. When USer B looks at User A's calendar the appt times are off by one hour. Both have the Adjust time for DST box checked and the time on the PC is correct. What could be causing this? Thanks John One more thing. One of these users has Outlook 97 and one is using 2000. Could this be the problem? John Bodden <jbodden@nospam.csuniv.edu> wrote in n...

Special converting of string date&time to date format
Hi there, Working with a file and all my dates and times appear as one long text string shown below that I would like to convert to date and time format so that I can manipulate the data anyway I like. Data appears as follows: .. cell A1: 10/1/2011 2:20:00 PM cell A2: 1/18/2011 2:20:00 AM I have tried many different ways and sometimes it works. The problem is when the date and month are not 2 digits. As you see the date or the month can be 1 or 2 digits. How do I convert it so that it works no matter what.. this works only when the month and date are both 2 digits =DATE(...

Custom letter 1-at-a-time?
In Outlook 2000, our office would like to select 1 contact and have info feed into a custom letter format (with our margins, indents, etc.) DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY TO ACHIEVE THIS CUSTOM FORMAT LETTER FOR 1 CONTACT AT THE "PUSH OF A BUTTON"? Have found some coding on the web dating from 1997, but suspect changes in Outlook since then cause need to troubleshoot these solutions. We're not that savvy. Thank you, Nia ...

How to forward all my messages all the time to my PDA?
I want my PC to filter the spam out then send the message to my Treo 600 all the time and still see the messages on my PC. On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:07:58 -1000, Don Smith <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I want my PC to filter the spam out then send the message to my Treo > 600 all the time and still see the messages on my PC. Tools | Rules Wizard.... You'll have to leave your PC logged in and turned on, of course. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP ...

make excel files with same names to be opened at one time
It is very difficult to work if you want to compare changed data made in the file with old one ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cde27763-1bc7-4299-874f-ac53e066ae7a&dg=microsoft.public....

Finding Time of idle remote sessions(RDP) in windows XP
Hi, Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in windows XP using powershell. Please help! Hi Rajeev, Plain TS or XenApp\Citrix? Martin "Rajeev" <s.rajeev3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b4c8b150-79ff-4f0b-8d90-a13118c8eeda@z4g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there any way i can find the time of idle remote session(RDP) in > windows XP using powershell. > > Please help! Its plain TS, using RDP In that case you should use Win32_LogonSession class and filter LogonType 10: http://msdn.microsoft....

using excel functions in a macro
I have written my own function FindNominal (as below) in a macro in excel. I want to use this function repeatedly in my excel spreadsheet. Function FindNominal(NomCode) FindNominal = Vlookup(NomCode, IMPORTDOC, 5 false) End Function but it does NOT work. It reports Vlookup is not recognised. Do i need to write an import statement? IMPORTDOC is defined as a range of cells in excel by the name, define command. I take it this is acceptable? Thanks pls post in ONE group only -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "James Cornthwaite" <jamescornthwait...

Creating a template for a cross-functional flowchart
Hi, I use Visio 2003. I am trying to create a template for a cross-functional flowchart. 1) The title bar needs to be 0.5in in height, containing the logo, revision number, approver name, etc. 2) This is followed by a blank frame of height 0.25in. 3) Then come 5 bands. The user should be able to add or delete bands as required. I created a cross-functional flowchart with 5 bands (There is a title bar, a blank frame, and 5 bands). I then used the shapesheet to increase the height of the title bar. Then I added the logo and other details to the title bar and saved this as a template. Af...

Domino and Exchange 2003 SMTP How do you run both at the same time ?
Currently my company is migrating from Lotus Notes (ver 5.010) to Exchange 2003 Server. I had the mx record for our domain changed to add the new exchange server and the priority is set the same as the notes server. I set it up this way because I was told that e-mail would check both servers and would go to the server which the user had an e-mail account on. I was trying to make migration easier by being able to move people to the new server in small groups instead of causing mass confusion and un-controlled anger at their favorite MIS guy... What happens is the exchange server sends a bounc...

Prohibiting Scalar Function Creation
I am running into a situation where the developers are writing many scalar functions to do "lookups". Then in their queries, they invoke the scalar in the SELECT clause with an argument to avoid explict joins in their statements. This approach is going to cause lots of problems with performance, and it also makes the SQL very difficult to debug. It is really an anti- SQL approach. Is there a way with SQL 2008 policies to simply prohibit the creation of scalar functions? What about with DDL trigger? I think we need to have some very serious talks about standards, ...

Business Contact Manager Doesn't Load
So I installed Business Contact Manager from the CD, but can't seem to find how to launch it from Outlook... The Folder shows up in the "Folders Window, but I don't see the extra fields and menus when I open a contact record. Also, if I go to the folder under Start/Programs, all that's there is the link to help and the tours. What am I missing? ...

Using excel if function on a pricing spreadsheet
I am trying to simplify a pricing spreadsheet that I use at work. I a using the following criteria; the $ value of a product, the descriptio of a product that I have on a cost page. What I want to do is when type in the description of product X in a specific cell, I want the value of that product returned to another specific cell. Example: Lexan14SS (in a cell); 1.75 ($ value in another cell). On a pricing spreadsheet I type in Lexan14SS and I want that specific value returned to another cell. Of course though i will have mutipl product descriptions and prices to go along with those produc...

Limit the time viewing a spreadsheet
I want to make a sheet visible for a certain amount of time (15 mins then to make it invisible (hidden). Is there a way of building in timer to a spreadsheet -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26459 Try the below code unhides and hides Sheet2. --------------- Paste all into a module --------------- Public Declare Function SetTimer Lib "user32" ( _ ByVal HWnd As Long, ByVal...

Adding hours to a date and time
I want to add a number of hours to a date and a time and have Excel give me the resulting date and time. For example: 1st Dec 2004 13:00 Add 48 hours Result: 3rd Dec 2004 13:00 What is the formula that I need for this? =A1+48/24 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:EB69CA00-5702-423B-9874-B3E0B25E3DDB@microsoft.com... > I want to add a number of hours to a date and a time and have Excel give me > the resulting date and time. For example: > > 1st Dec 2004 13:00 > > Add 48 hours > > Result: 3rd Dec...

Run-Time Error 28
when I used item for sale on POS more than 100, after F12 and then input tender type I have Error #28 out of stack space (source:QSRules) Set Nocount on select item.itemtype, item.parentItem. Item.ParentQuantity, Item.Quantity.............. From Item Where ID=? -My CPU : 1.7 GHz, RAM 256 -My CPU : 2.0 GHz, RAM 512 Both have Error Plase everyone help me.... -_-'' -- TOY2TOY -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the ...

HAVING / Where time count / excluding any instance
Greetings this almost New Year's Eve, I have a set of data with open and close dates (for one person). I want to calculate the duration the person was open. But I can't do [close] - [open] because some of the closures are errors--you can identify an error if the next open date is the next month. For example, 5/16/2000 closures is an error--because reopened 6/27/2000. So really, I want to subtract 1/1/2000 date from final closure of that period--which is 4/25/02 Open Close 2/15/1990 4/20/1992 8/1/1995 11/12/1995 1/1/2000 5/16/2000 6/27/2000 12/7/2001 1/4/2002 4/...

Problen with OnKeyDown function
I add OnKeyDown function to my dialog class COnKeyDownDlg but it doesn't work correctly. I don't see any message boxes. ////////////////// void COnKeyDownDlg::OnKeyDown(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default AfxMessageBox("Test"); switch(nChar) { case VK_END: AfxMessageBox("End Pressed"); break; default: AfxMessageBox("default"); } CDialog::OnKeyDown(nChar, nRepCnt, nFlags); } /////////////////// On 30 Jul 2006 12:22:42 -0700, "hex" <triclosan@mail.ru> wrote: ...

Time/Date stamp in Outlook 2003 msgs.
My friend with 2003 has reported another oddity to me which is that the time & date stamp on her messages seems not to have changed with daylight savings time (i.e. they are 1 hour behind). She says the system clock did automatically change. My question--does Outlook really have anything to do with the time/date stamp or is this just a function of the mail servers involved? TIA. -- ------------------------------------------- Stephen Porter Los Angeles, CA Check calendar options "Stephen Porter" <stp@pobox.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1ae37d24b618934c98969a@m...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Outlook Time Zone Issues and syncing to a mobile phone
I have read that 2007 is time zone sensitive. I have no problem keeping my laptop on home time, but when I sync to my mobile phone, which is set to local time, all my appointments on both the laptop and mobile phone are adjusted. My problem is I travel up to 11 time zones in 24hrs. It would be very difficult for me to add the appropriate time zone for each appointment and even if I did the difference between the laptop and phone would still cause problems. I enter the appointment (plane departures) in the local time, no further adjustment is required by the computer. Is there ...

Free/Busy Errors
We recently migrated Exchange servers from an Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003. Everything was going great until I brought the old Exchange 2000 server offline. It appears there are a few additional hidden locations that have the origional server as master. I have changed the recepient update service and other obvious areas. But my clients are getting an error, "Unable to update public free/busy data. The contents of the this public folder are currently unabailable." I get three events in the event viewer: MSExchangeSA 9335 OALGen encountered error 8004010f while ...