business portal tables

Howdy there kind folks.

I need to track down the tables in the Dynamics database that hold all the
purchase order information. Particularly the bits that deal with transferring
a purchase request to a purchase order.

i started looking but theres just too many. I know all the requisition ones
start with reqmgmt. Sadly the purchase order ones dont seem to follow this
idea.

many thanks.
0
Saltious (4)

they are not in the Dynamics database, the purchase order tables are
contained in the company database (like TWO) and they begin with POP
the POP10xxx series are the work tables you should be looking at.
Within GP, go to tools-resource descriptions - tables, and select the
purchasing series.
From here, look for the purchase order tables and it should give you what
you are looking for
Mike

"Saltious" <Saltious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Howdy there kind folks.
>
> I need to track down the tables in the Dynamics database that hold all the
> purchase order information. Particularly the bits that deal with
> transferring
> a purchase request to a purchase order.
>
> i started looking but theres just too many. I know all the requisition
> ones
> start with reqmgmt. Sadly the purchase order ones dont seem to follow this
> idea.
>
> many thanks.

nice one mikey, you the man.

"Mike G" wrote:

> they are not in the Dynamics database, the purchase order tables are
> contained in the company database (like TWO) and they begin with POP
> the POP10xxx series are the work tables you should be looking at.
> Within GP, go to tools-resource descriptions - tables, and select the
> purchasing series.
> From here, look for the purchase order tables and it should give you what
> you are looking for
> Mike
>
> "Saltious" <Saltious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Howdy there kind folks.
> >
> > I need to track down the tables in the Dynamics database that hold all the
> > purchase order information. Particularly the bits that deal with
> > transferring
> > a purchase request to a purchase order.
> >
> > i started looking but theres just too many. I know all the requisition
> > ones
> > start with reqmgmt. Sadly the purchase order ones dont seem to follow this
> > idea.
> >
> > many thanks.

0
Saltious (4)

Bill-of-Material and Assembly Posting for Dynamics GP Business Rea
I wanted to get some feedback on the need to provide bill-of-material maintenance functionality with a simplified assembly posting capability for Dynamics GP Business Ready software. I know the functionality is there in Advance Management. As a developer, does it make sense to provide this as 3rd party functionality at the Business Ready level? Greg ...

Small Business Server 2003
Is Great Plains 7.5 compatible with Small Business Server 2003? yes -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ec01c50df0$3d7be8d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Great Plains 7.5 compatible with Small Business Server > 2003? ...

Table Exists issue.
I am trying to regenerate my database. I have an issue with ONE of my table, when I remove it. First time I run this command, all is fine: IF EXISTS(SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE TYPE='U' AND NAME='court_appearance') DROP TABLE court_appearance GO But then, I run it again, and get this: Msg 3701, Level 11, State 5, Line 2 Cannot drop the table 'court_appearance', because it does not exist or you do not have permission. However, the table does NOT exist in my database, that I can see. Because if I create the database, it works fine. So, I run thi...

Make table from recordset
Make table from recordset Hello, I=92m attempting to make a table based of a union parameter query, all in VBA=85 I have this code which prints the results in the immediate window, but I can=92t figure out how to make a simple table with one column of RecordNumbers (make table =96 deleted/made every time code executes): -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Dim strLName As String strLName =3D InputBox("Last Name?") Dim strFName As String s...

Help with my tables
Three tables....Employee Information, Employee Hours, Employee PTO Employee Information Employee Id (key) Employee Name Hire Date Job Title Employee Hours Hours ID (key) Employee Name Start Date End Date Pay Date Sal/Regular Hours Overtime Hours Vacation Hours Sick/Personal Hours Employee PTO PTO Id (key) Hours ID Work Day Vacation Hours Used Sick/Personal Hours Used All seem to link fine in my tables. I open Employee Information table I get a + to add those employee Hours and if needed a + to open their PTO (paid time off) for that particular week. Than I c...

how to write to database tables in Excel 2004
I need to write to a database using Excel 2004 (Mac, OS X, 10.4). What are my options? Hi Jolly, See: http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac --- Regards, Norman "jolly" <jolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E505ACD5-8FB9-4065-986F-5C8483107FE7@microsoft.com... >I need to write to a database using Excel 2004 (Mac, OS X, 10.4). What are > my options? "Norman Jones" wrote: > See: > > http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?t=envbadac Are you suggesting that I can use adodb in Excel 2004? Near as ...

Business Portal #19
The company directory feature in Business Portal displays information on work telephone numbers, email address, etc. However, I cannot find in the actual Dynamcis application where this data is stored. I cannot find it anywhere on the Employee Maintenance card in the HR module. Is this data in Business Portal being pulled from the Dynamics or is it storing this info separately? If in Dynamics where? Hutch, Thanks for using the newsgroups. This information is found in a company database in the Hrm_WorkContactDetails table. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance M...

Locating a Table object
I am having a problem with the following code: Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object Set dbs = Application.CurrentData For Each obj In dbs.AllTables If obj.IsLoaded = True Then If TblObj.Name = strHoldTableName Then MsgBox "Another user is viewing this record" intBeingViewed = 1 Exit For End If End If Next obj This code is intended to check if a table with the (string) name strHoldTableName exists, but it's not working. Am I missing a reference, or is there another set of cod...

Business Card Reader / Scanner
Can anybody recommend / has experience with a Business Card Scanner to integrate with Outlook / CRM. Thanks, Boolean1 You could try the solution of CardScan, this company has an add-on for CRM 3.0 Look at: http://www.cardscan.com/products/cspro_formscrm.asp I don't have experience with this add-on at the moment. Good Luck Ed "Boolean1" wrote: > Can anybody recommend / has experience with a Business Card Scanner to > integrate with Outlook / CRM. > > Thanks, > > Boolean1 > > > > We'll report back what we find. Thanks, Boolean1...

Pivot table not totaling
Hello, I am having problems getting a pivot table to total data together. The table looks great for what I am doing but will not add the items together. It has lines that say total but does not add the numbers up. The table appears like this: Item # Quantity xxxx 1 xxxx 4 xxxx 10 xxxx total aaaa 4 aaaa 4 aaaa total I would like the table to add the quantity of each item # together. It would be REALLY nice if I...

Using Business Unit
Hi, How I can set each Oportunity to specific Business Unit doesn't matter the Ower from Opportunity? I need creat a user that can see (only read) specific Oppotunities. ...

Creating Report on two tables that are linked
Hi, I am a novice access user who is looking at someone else's application. They have a Post Table and a Comments table. There is an id field in the Post table that links to a Post_Id field in the comments table. When I open the Post table, there is a blank field on the far left that has a plus or minus sign. If I click on the plus sign, it appears to open values from the Comments based on these two fields. In the Post table there is a Body field that has information that people have typed in. In the Comments table is also a Body field that has information. This access databa...

Another Question Regarding Business Cards...
Hello, First off, I have Windows XP, SP3 and Publisher 2003. I have created a business card using one of the predesigned templates in Publisher. I am actually following instructions in a book that I purchased. So now it tells me to apply a Background, which I do, and it looks great in the publication window. But when I go to print preview, the background extends to beyond the top of the card and a little below too I think. The height with of the background is 2.25", not 2"? I also applied the background to the Master Page, and the same happens. I have been down this ro...

Small Business: Categorizing depreciating expenses
Hello small business edition users, Record keeping issue: How do you all categorize expenses that are *depreciable*? Do you create your own category(ies) under "Other business expense?" The reason I ask is because you don't necessarily want the full value of depreciated assets to show up in something like the profit and loss report. i.e. you don't really want your $3000 computer lumped in with this year's "Office expenses" since you don't get to deduct the whole thing, right? I was wondering if there are any clever ways other folks out there categori...

Business Portal 2.5 FP
Hi I am having no end of problems installing Business Portal 2.5 FP Towards the end of the installation, the Creating Web Items reaches 40% and stays there. I have waited for 2hours and still no progress. So stopped the installation, removed, rebooted, and repeat the process again. The Server is a Small Business Server 2003. I am at my wit ends, has Business Portal 2.5 FP been tested on SBS2003 server? I am at the customer site and i am trying to decided if i should leave the installation to run over night (but i will be back at my office tmw) I have raised a call ...

relationships between tables
I have about 5 tables that I cannot enforce referential integrity on... 3 of them have a common field, but the error messages I am receiving are way above my head technically. Any suggestions? Or even documentation on relationships (from the very beginning) would help a lot! Thanks Mindy First suggestion is to post the error messages you are getting. It could be that you can't enforce referential integrity for a variety of reasons. To name two off the top. -- No unique index on field in the table on the one side -- Fields in many side already have values and there are no related val...

Deleted table
I deleted a table out of my database... i know need it back. I still have the database open, is there anyway to get the table back? -- Access SS "Access SS" <AccessSS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2151550F-959C-41CA-9433-DC72A3C2E2B5@microsoft.com... >I deleted a table out of my database... i know need it back. I still have > the database open, is there anyway to get the table back? If you haven't compacted or done anything else, this might work: '------ start of code ------ Function UndeleteTable() Dim db As DAO.Datab...

Access 2000 Link to SQL Server db tables
I have a Access 2000 database that has approximately 100 tables. I would like to link the Access tables to SQL Server database tables to give better access to the report and forms in Access. Please let me know the best way to link Access tables to SQL Server database tables. Thanks, On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:36:03 -0800, Joe K. <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have a Access 2000 database that has approximately 100 tables. I would >like to link the Access tables to SQL Server database tables to give better >access to the report and forms in Access. Plea...

Pivot table keeps dupping to another linked pivot table
I have two pivot tables, they use same source of data so i make pivot table B link with pivot table A, not only the save size but also they can be refreshed together. It usually works well but today don't know why pivot table B becomes a "mirror" of pivot table A: When i change one the another one changes in the same way, so I cannot make them to analyse with different content, why? Did I setup something by accident or what? ...

Countif(table;(">"&A1)&("<"&B1))
This content works individualy, how can i make it work? is it any way to count the values between A1> and <B1? tks The simplest is =countif(range,"<"&b1)-countif(range">"&A1) "Micos3" wrote: > This content works individualy, how can i make it work? is it any way to > count the values between A1> and <B1? > > tks Try... =COUNTIF(Range,">"&A1)-COUNTIF(Range,">="&B1) If your version of Excel uses the semi-colon as a separator, replace commas with semi-colons. Hope this helps! In art...

Business Portal Order Entry Discount Price Option
This is crucial for Order entry clients that we work with using business portal Microsoft Dynamics Incident Number: 8638390 Incident Type: Technical Support Subject: price override Occurs At: All Workstations Current Status: Open - Solution Delivered Not Confirmed Originated: 8/14/2006 4:58:00 PM PDT Originated by: Rose Business Solutions Inc. Authorized number: 8587949403 Regarding Customer: Emerald Publications Team: NA GP Dist_Mfg_Proj Support Region: North America Agent: Kelly Dettmann Current Contact: Jake Product Line: Microsoft Dynamics GP Topic: Business Portal Order Management Appl...

Printing Multipule Business Cards Per Sheet
I have Publisher 2000 and when I choice Multipule Cards it only prints out 4 per sheet. I am trying to print the standard Avery format of 10 per sheet. Can anyone help me out on how to set this up. From memory (just came flooding back) in Publisher 2000 you actually go to the menu File then Print and there is a button in the bottom left hand side that allows you to change the number per sheet. Yes, it is a bizarre place to have put it. Post back if I am not correct. -- A few messages down the list is this replay I gave to another. In Publisher 2000: File Print Page Options But...

Returning a value from a table with multiple entries
Hi, I have a table that has start times and finish times for different people. I need to be able to return the value for the latest finish time if there are multiple instances of that agent. name start time finish time agent 1 07:00 15:00 agent 2 08:00 08:15 agent 2 08:15 16:00 agent 3 09:00 17:00 In the above table i need to be able to return the value for agent 2 latest finish time. The vlookup formula i use returns the first value it finds which is fine if there are only single entries. ...

Pivot Table
Hi guys I've made a massive pivot table.. however i want all rows which is 0 in one column to be hidden. Is there a setting for this, or do I have to make a macro to go and hide all rows which has 0 in a certain column ? Thansk -- Ctech ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27745 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538405 First enter this small macro: Sub Macro1() Dim r As Range For Each r In Selection If r.Value = 0 Then ...

Change of SA password and relation to Business Portal
We are trying to connect to the Business Portal after changing the SA password and now we are getting an error in BP "Not connected to the database". Any suggestion. Thanks... Versions...GP 8.0 BP 2.5 Cooper, thanks for using the newsgroup. I reproduced your issue, and I was able to fix it following the steps below. 1. Go to Sharepoint Central Administration. 2. Click " Set configuration database server" below Server Configuration. 3. Enter the new sa password, check the box "Connect to existing configuration database", and click OK 4. Click on &quo...