Business Portal tabe not available

Hi there

I have installed MOSS 2007 in order to install Business Portal 4.0.  I have
managed to setup the user roles and security permissions within Business
Portal as per the manuals and training manual.  However the user cannot
access Business Portal becuase the Business Portal Tab is not available on
the MOSS Portal page.  As the administrator user it is available, but not for
any of the domain normal users.  I do not know enough about MOSS security and
would like to kno whow do I assing users to access the page.  I have tried
through site settings but it does not appear to be working

Regards
Robin
0
Robinv (41)

Robin,

Your issue seems to be security related. The following link will take you to
some good Office SharePoint Server security information:

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Robinv" wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have installed MOSS 2007 in order to install Business Portal 4.0.  I have
> managed to setup the user roles and security permissions within Business
> Portal as per the manuals and training manual.  However the user cannot
> access Business Portal becuase the Business Portal Tab is not available on
> the MOSS Portal page.  As the administrator user it is available, but not for
> any of the domain normal users.  I do not know enough about MOSS security and
> would like to kno whow do I assing users to access the page.  I have tried
> through site settings but it does not appear to be working
>
> Regards
> Robin
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Business Portal V3.0 and Alternatives
Hi, We are currently on the lookout for a solution that can handle, web based sales ordering by "Agents" and inquire information relating to their account (they are the Customer) such as Consignmnet stock, Last statement etc. The Agents are allowed to look at only their data (ie. restricted by Site ID for IV, Cust ID for RM, Vendor ID for PM etc.) As the agents are part of a tree structure, we need to be able to roll-up the data based on a customised tree (as we are unable to establish multiple - 5, levels within GP Customer Structure) This has to be "truly" web ba...

Data available for plotting vs already plotted data
Hello -- This charting application has the following features: 1 - user can "import" a time series (into a set of columns in a worksheet); the app automatically adds a plot of the data to the chart 2 - user can delete from the chart a series which was plotted in 1; the source data is not deleted from the worksheet which holds it 3 - user can decide later to add to the chart a series deleted in 2 Problem: I want to present in a listbox the names/legends of the "imported but not plotted" series so the user can select one for 3 If I could use SQL in this app, the source ...

Free/Busy for Resources using AutoAccept.
I have my resources(conf rooms, etc) setup as users in their own ou=. They are not actual users, and people can only 'open as shared', or look at free/busy when scheduling a meeting. There are no resource managers because AutoAccept takes care of it all. How can I get 6months of Free/Busy to show up for these users? I've tried to open up the users in outlook and change the free/busy to 6 months, but it doesn't seem to do anything. How does this work for users that never logon? Thanks! btt.. Anyone? What about a plugin for outlook that looks at the real calendar for ...

Way to have Data Avail on Desk Top and Min?
Both my computers have XP Pro - one is a HP Business Desk Top Computer, the other a Dell Mini -- is there a way to learn how to have data available on both? Thank you. -- ================== It's back to school - please respect and obey school zones. Our children depend on it. For more information, visit www.txdot.gov/safety/tips/pedestrians.htm network them together, share the drive/folder with the data on it. Connect to that share from 2nd pc. It then appears as another hard disk on that pc. Note - accessing the data simultaneously usually requires the data base...

All day event
Hi guys, I have an Exchange2003 SP2/Outlook 2003 environment. In our calendar (Outlook), how can I make all-day events default to a status of Busy instead of Free? I understand that because so many all-day events are holidays, birthdays, and anniversaries that don't necessary affect the availability, Outlook automatically sets the status of any all-day event to Free. But in a corporate environment, especially for conference rooms, when somebody books an all day event, it should be defaulted to Busy. Is there a registry setting or anything else that we can apply to solve this? You...

Difference between Teams and Business Units
Hi, We are trying to implement CRM 3.0.Our sales teams are divided in to four groups and we would like to restrict their record access groupwise . Each team consists of a Manager and few executives. Even though I have created teams and added the corresponding members, every one can see all the records. Do I have to create a business unit to solve this? Regards, George If you wish to restrict the view of data, creating seperate Business Units is the best way forward, you can share out records to teams. "Pradeep George" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to implemen...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Money 2006 Small Business downloads too many accounts
I have several accounts at BOA. Only one of the accounts is business, and so only that one business account is set up in Money. In Money 2004, direct update (correctly) downloads only the one account that is set up in Money. But Money 2006's direct update (incorrectly) downloads all of the BOA accounts under my name and password at the bank and (incorrectly) creates them into Money. Then, if I try to delete the unwanted accounts in Money, it deletes all (including the correct one) or none. How can I tell Money 2006 to just download the one account that I set up and to NOT create acc...

How to handle sales tax in Money Business 2008?
I'm confused about how to use the built in Sales Tax account and features in Money Business. What I've been doing is including sales tax collected in an income category so I can easily find how much I owe and then pay it, but I think that's actually hurting me because it's seeing it as income. Of course, I deduct the sales tax payments so it's probably evening itself out, but I'd rather just use the built in features like they're suppose to be used if I can. For example, let's say I get an online payment split up like the following: Sales Income : eBay...

changing column headings in Business Portal for GP
How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? Sean E., Thanks for using the newsgroup. What version of BP are you using? Could you provide more detail for what you are trying to accomplish? Thanks Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sean E." wrote: > How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? ...

HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical)
HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Business Solutions (Microsoft Small Business Financials) Need one resource each for Functional and Technical roles. Location : Chicago, IL Duration : 12+ Months Funtional : This person will be responsible for the requirements gathering and setting up the system. Technical : This person will be responsible for installing and maintaining th...

Multi-currency in Business Portal
Hello all We are trying to enter multi-currency expenses using business portal. However, we could see only the default currency (US$) in the business portal. We have made sure the multi currency setup is appropriately done in Dynamics GP. We did cross verify with Fabricam, Inc. for Dynamics GP and Business Portal. The portal setup for the new client is done similar to Fabricam. Inc. Can anyone help with the areas need to be verified again for setup or any other windows missed during setup. Regards Sandeep ...

Business Contact Manager How To Discconnect
The title says it all. After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it possible to discconnect? If so how? Your help is appreciated and will be acknowledged! Thanks (B^>)-]=[ "WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ui5YSiF6KHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The title says it all. Um, no it doesn't. What do you mean by "dosconnect"? > After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it > possible to discconnect? > > If so how? The Business Contact Manager is...

Free business opportunity
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

Money Small Business #2
Hello - I am in the process of looking for a Small Business Billing package and was told that the Small Business Version of Money may have everything I need. I am looking for software that can keep up with my client info, reoccuring billing, invoicing, statements, AR & AP, GL, Aging accounts, Taking Payments, customize invoices, statements, Reports, etc..... I downloaded the demo version from Microsoft's site, but it seems to be more personal finance oriented. Is there anyone out there using the Small Business version that could tell me what that package does before I invest the tim...

moving records to new business unit.
We only have one business unit. We have about 400 accounts. We want to create a new business unit and move some of the accounts to the new business unit. The president of our company wants to see ALL records from ALL business units. A salesperson wants to see ONLY records from her business unit. How can we create new business units and move exising account records to the new business unit? Lynn Lynn Business Units are containers for Users. When you create a Business Unit and add users to it, all the records (Accounts, Contacts, Activities etc) will automatically be associated with th...

Business Card query
I wish to produce my own business cards for a self catering flat with details on one side and a picture on the other side. So far I have produced the details and the photograph in Word but now want to match the two sides so that when printed they coincide. I wondered if Publisher has this facility. Blair What is on the right on the front will have to be on the left for side two. Might do better with either two pages or two separate publications. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Blair" <Darrach@aol.co...

There is no source code available for the current location
I am unable to step into ATL functions from my code. I receive the above message. Checking the call stack, the function it is trying to access is: mfc71d.dll!ATL::CSimpleStringT<wchar_t,1>::IsEmpty() Line 513 C++ which is a CString function defined in atlsimpstr. I have checked MSDN and the only article is Article ID : 318367 which suggests the problem is related to a registry entry identifying source paths. However, I am having no problem stepping into functions in those libraries. The problem seems to be related to the fact the function is in a header file and hence in ...

The command or action quit is available now
Hello, I recently upgraded from Access 2003 to Access 2007 and I am completely lost. My PC is running WinXP. While creating a new db, I created a macro where is should close Access once the macro has completed. The macro action is called "Quit". When I run it, I get an error (The command or action quit isn't available now). Possible causes it gives are: You may be in a read only db (How can I check this?) or a db from an earlier version of access (This is a new db created and saved in Access07). The type of object the action applies to isn't currently selecte...

Professional / Small Business Ed.
Hello, What is the difference between these two products? I can not find any infomration on the microsoft site or otherwise.. are they both servers? or is one a server and the other a client app? if they are both servers what is the main difference? and finally, which version(s) are provided as standard through the Microsoft partner program? - i am assuming on Professional.. any help muchly appreciated regards Chris The Small Business Edition is only for Windows Small Business Server 2003. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B7F92BA-...

how do i design on both back and front of business card
I am desiging my own business card, i want to design on both the back and front, how do i go about doing this.. it is just a blank template i am using Insert, page. When it is time to print, print current page, go to page two, turn the stock over, print current page. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "natashaneedshelp" <natashaneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFD5DDC6-B46F-4009-AEDA-1549C6CB56B9@microsoft.com... >I am desiging my own business card, > i want to design on both the back and front, > how do i go about d...

Money 2003 Deluxe and Business EULA Problem
I would like some assistance regarding this issue. Doing all of the suggestions that are in the Knowledge base have not worked. Currently using Windows XP home (SP1). Thanks. ...

CRM 3.0 Small Business edition to Professional edition migration
Is it pos to migrate a CRM 3.0 Small Business edition database to CRM 3.0 Professional edition database using the Redeployment Tools? Each time I have tried to install CRM Pro onto the new server and attach to the existing database I get an error saying "Cant mix Licenses types with Small Busisess edition" ...

Business Contact Manager #42
Is there any way to import my Business Contact Manager into my Outlook 2003 contacts. I am looking at getting a RIM Blackberry and it will not sync with my Outlook if I run BCM Thanks Stu ...

Cannot Delete Business Units & Teams
Is it possible to delete Business Units & Teams? No "Somesh Raut" <SomeshRaut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:602A3E36-55C7-4EEE-8AFF-6ABC06890E6A@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to delete Business Units & Teams? ...