business portal re-initialize company and SQL Configuration

I have a suggestion from a customer.  They are running Great Plains 8.0 and
Business Portal 2.5.  They restored a company database from backup prior to
the installation of Business Portal so the company database does not contain
the BP objects.  However the SQL Configuration option within the Add/Remove
Programs for BP does not allow for this because technically BP does not know
the company was restored.  The table that is causing the issue is
MbfInstalledDatabases.  This table is holding the reference to the restored
company so running the SQL Configuration to re-initialize the company will
not work.  The customer was wanting to enter a suggestion for the SQL
Configuration to allow for something like this....currently there is a
workaround...just delete the records out of the MbfInstalledDatabases for
that company and then run the SQL Configuration.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=24c070d3-0333-498d-927f-a4c7f54ee5c8&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Amundson (1)

Change location of Business contact manager database file
I want it moved to my documents folder for easier backup & sync. It Always seems to be in use. How can I move it? Sorry OL 3002 Obviously. "Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:On8wdX1mDHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want it moved to my documents folder for easier backup & sync. > > It Always seems to be in use. > > How can I move it? > > > You can't. Sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 "Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote in mes...

Making fields business recommended with Java
Hello, I am wondering whether it is also possible to use OnChange event Javascript to make fields business recommended in stead of business required?? I am aware that changing setFieldReqLevel tot 'true' makes field in question business required. Can you also do this for business recommended fields?? Any help is appreciated Michiel Not really. The only thing the Business Recommended does is change the color of the label. You could probably find out how to address the HTML via the DHTML object model for the literal and try changing the style, but would probably be a lot of effort...

Internet Explorer Starts Slowly after installing and remowing Business Contact Manager
Hi, Last night I installed Microsoft Business Contact Manager to my computer. After a few minutes of trial I removed it. Something has happened along these operations. Outlook is working fine, but my synopsis mouse stopped scrolling and each new window of IE6 seems to jam for a minute and then it starts to work fine. This is relly annoying since I need the Internet all the time. Here is what I did/tried: =================================================== The mouse was easy to fix by installing it again I tried to install IE7, but did not solve it Knowledge Base did not seem know anythi...

Configure email (Outlook 2003) to use HTTP proxy (NOT exchange server)
I have been searching through this newsgroup and others also, but I just can't seem to find anything. In my company there is an Exchange server but not a mail server. The mail server is on the internet. So the employees use Outlook 2003 with Exchange and email accounts. We are installing a proxy server but as I looked at the connection settings for email accounts the only thing I saw was: -Connect using LAN -Using Phone line -Using Internet Explorers or 3 party dialer Do I have to install some plug-in to give the proxy/firewall setting or what? Help will be appreciated. Thank you. ...

How do I list contacts by business name?
Please give advice on how to list contact all by business name as opposed to by Person. Thank you. List them all where? In what version of Outlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Clark" <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:248AECE5-EC9F-42F6-B357-556DC0E6A0E5@microsoft.com... > Please give advice on how to list contact all by business name as opposed > to > by Person. Thank you. ...

Initiating and Executing Excel Code from Access
Hi, I am in the process of determining whether it is feasible to move upstream into Access, a process currently run in Excel. BACKGROUND: 1. An Access program extracts data from a data warehouse, massages the data, and produces Excel spreadsheet(s) to be used as input to the Excel "report generation" spreadsheet in #2. 2. An Excel "report generation" spreadsheet has been created (not by me, so I am inheriting this), which has a menu on it, from which, the user may select up to 8 different Pivot Table reports to generate. When the user selects a report to run, a ...

Disable Free/Busy for a user
Is there a way for a specific user to stop free/busy publishing Thanks, Jim Field fieldj@roberts.edu Set the publishing to 0? On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:22:30 -0400, "Jim Field" <fieldj@roberts.edu> wrote: >Is there a way for a specific user to stop free/busy publishing > > >Thanks, >Jim Field >fieldj@roberts.edu > Hi Jim, Thanks for your posting here. From the post, I understand that you want to disable a user's free/busy information being published. Based on my knowledge, you can use the following steps to stop publishing calendar free/bu...

Business Portal and data formats
Is anyone using Business Portal outside the US? Our server is configured with dates formatted as (DDMMYYYY) and GP displays them as such. However, in Business Portal all dates are displayed as (MMDDYYYY). Is there a setting in Business Portal or Sharepoint or someplace else that controls this? Changing the Time Zone might take of this. Go to Site Settings>>Regional Settings "callabob" wrote: > Is anyone using Business Portal outside the US? Our server is configured with > dates formatted as (DDMMYYYY) and GP displays them as such. However, in > Business Porta...

Re: Outlook Attachment Query
Many thanks - 'Attachment Master' did the trick beautifully! Many thanks. ...

Re: Finding an SMTP Address in Exchnage Server 2003
forgot to specify that in the box where you type in the address, preface it with "smtp:" -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message news:... > in ADUC, you can query for this address...on the "advanced" tab of the query > dialogue box, specify proxyaddresses is exactly then specify the address > you're looking for... > > -- > Susan Conkey [MVP] > > > > "Petester" <Petester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:BD876470-01A4-49BB-B2A6-BB7CC6B675BB@microsof...

Error updating free/busy.
We have two administrative groups, and the servers in one are in a separate domain and same with the other. The users cannot update their free/busy the second administrative group is all 2003 servers, the first is all 2000, so the free/busy was created with 2000, and has been reset based on the article to reset the GUID. All offline folders and the free/busy is set to replicate to all servers. Here is the error on the server: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8207 Date: 5/22/2004 Time: 6:20:01 PM User: N/A Computer: NVL-CS3N1 De...

Re: VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error
"Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:... > > > "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de > noticias:F45434D2-7809-4C21-B06F-B2EEA3026A3C@microsoft.com... >> >> >> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de >> noticias:EE6921A8-5D3D-42B6-AE35-58B998ED4262@microsoft.com... >>> >>> >>> "Nick Dakoronias" <dakoroni@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de >>> noticias:AF5BC5A9-873A-447E-9FD4-F75E0F89655D@mic...

HDD failure detection (RAID configuration)
Hello I am developing a C++ application which has to detect when a HDD stops working properly. HDDs are connected to a RAID controller, and the PC is running Windows XP. Do you know generic IOCTL commands which permit to interrogate a RAID controller driver? The controler appears (in the windows device manager) to be a "Intel 82801ER SATA RAID controller". Or do you know a Windows API or method which permits to test the HDD state ? On Intel's website there is no information aboout this topic but they have a pdf file which explains that we can verify the presence of a HDD by re...

Re: How do I make a macro remove last char only in a cell?
I don't know why this never showed up when I first sent it �200310261033! However, > Thank you all guys! I have yet to subsume each suggestion entirely but > thought it best to respond whilst the thread was still alive so thank you to > Don Guillett, Michael Bednarek, Tom Ogilvy, and Kent Schederin! I'm sure I > will be able to extract the required code from you reply posts. CHEERS GUYS! > > -- > Best regards > Martin Richecoeur [notsovilefriend] > http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/richka/ > "Kent" <schederin@home.se> wrote in message &...

Microsoft SQL Analysis Services

small error with sql connection
"Reporting Services Error An error has occured during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Login failed for user '(null)'. reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Any idea on how to establish this trust connection? CRM and SQL Reporting Services, Domain controller (2k3) are on Server1, Server2 (2k3) houses SQL 2000 Hi Chase! You can check this documentation... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;909588 Hope this helps... "Chase D&qu...

Why isn't autocorrect working on two initial capital letters?
I have my autocorrect settings set to change two initial caps to only capitalize the first letter. But the word "STrymon" (the name of a river in Macedonia) doesn't get changed to "Strymon." I looked in my autocorrect exceptions and there was nothing about allowing this word to remain uncorrected (the only entry I have in the exceptions for initial caps is the term "IDs"). Is there any reason why this isn't being changed---and what do I have to do to get Word 2002 to change these initial two capital letters? Never mind. I just changed it myself, a...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 SP4?
We're humming along on SQL2000 SP3a and my server, users, and network administrator are very happy. Today I realized SP4 has been available for over 6 months (usually I'm on top of these things)! I know that 9.0 is just around the corner and will support SQL 2005, but we're probably gonna put off this upgrade until late 2006. Soo...in the meantime I'm trying to decide is I should upgrade to SP4. I found a document on CustomerSource that tells me GP 8.0 works fine with SP4....anyone had any problems with this? ANY suggestions / comments are much appreciated.....just ...

strange free/busy symptoms.
Hi everyone, TIA for any advice. I am posting here because I do not thing at this time it is an Outlook issue. I have a user that cannot view free-busy scheduling when creating a new appointment and / or meeting request. What appears is the white, diagonal lines bar 'No Information'. Here is some other information: This person (along with everyone else) is using Exchange / Outlook 2003, SP2 with all updates. I've had him try the /cleanfreebusy switch with out any improved results. This does not happen all the time! One out of six (or so) tries, he will be able to view the...

RPCoHTTPS configured Outlook hangs when "password expiring" notice begins.
Does anyone have a useable workaround which does not include "turn off the password expiration notice" for dealing with how Outlook using RPCoHTTPS essentially hangs and never connects to Exchange if your password is nearing expiration or has expired? We have some exclusive RPCoHTTPS users and more often than not they simply have to log into OWA and change their password when they call complaining Outlook is broken. Is there any way for the full client to alert the user to this condition? Please? Pretty please. Thank you! Outlook 2003 SP2 & Outlook 2007 SP1 Exchange 2003...

Remove layout fron eService sample portal
Hi! I have installed the eService portal, and it works fine. But I need to incorporate it into our corporate website. First of all, I need to isolate the pages that are used to login in and manage service cases. Should be easy. More important: I want to strip off the layout. In that way I can put the pages into a frame on our website. For a developer, I'm sure it's easy to build up some brand new pages and put them into the frame. But maybe there is a shortcut, and I can re-use the pages from the sample portal? Best regards Jacob Mondrup ...

How to Restrict Users to view/go to Query Design/Sql mode in MDE/M
I want to secure my Access MDE file so that My users can not go to Design / SQL view of the query. Currently after opening query through command button provided by me on form , any user can press right click button & Go to design/Sql view of the query & fiddle with it. I want to keep enable right click mouse button but disable "Query Design" option. Like for forms & reports design option is not available after creation of MDE file. I am not in a position to use Security & group wizard provided by Access. Please Guide. Thanks . Girish Disabled the default short...

default value to be windowss user initials
what is the code to set a field value to the logged in user's initials? (the one I'm looking for is something stored in MS windows as part of the user's account -I think; not one associated with Access) thanks in advance, mark Here it is! Environ$("UserName") This command will return a string containing the Windows username. -- Yanick "Mark Kubicki" wrote: > what is the code to set a field value to the logged in user's initials? > (the one I'm looking for is something stored in MS windows as part of the > user's account -I think...

Re: Microsoft is planning on phasing out newsgroups
"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> kirjoitettu: > microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,alt.windows98,news.admin.misc ,,, << > some no more! > > When Microsoft unplug their NNTP server it will have a big impact UseNet > community because they are not servers. > For UseNet community are nntp reserves for the NNTP server and if no NNTP > server there be no UseNet nntp reserves! > > Now for subscribe for Microsoft I'm one are you? > Do you have a Passport for Microsoft? > And going to a Forums will not kill you, but f...

Column Re-sizing
Office 2007 Beta --- each time I open an Excel spreadsheet, all of the columns have been re-sized. Normally 4 to 5 times their assigned widths. Manual re-formatting is necessary but when the workbook is saved, closed and re-opened, the column widths are re-sized again. I need a little guidance! JimPat Could be a Before-open, or Before-close macro is re-sizing them? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Jim" wrote: > Office 2007 Beta --- each time I open an Excel spreadsheet, all of the > columns have been re-sized. Normally 4 to 5 times their assigned widths. > Manual...