Business Portal Query for KPI of 3rd Party Tables or Database

I would like to add a suggestion that from the Business Portal Query the user
should be able to make queries of databases other than Great Plains whether
it is in the same server or another server of GP so it can be used in the
Business Portal KPI application, doing so will eliminate the clients that
they have to look for other KPI solutions along with the BP KPI in order to
build their complete KPI structure for their Business applications, at the
moment if there is a need to use a KPI system for an organization they cant
ONLY depend on the BP KPI as this feature is not available

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8e185e3d-0edc-47b2-ba30-cbe65ddef337&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Offline Database #2
Hi When configure de database offline . The Database Offline is backup to the Database Primary or is better create a new Database from black. Thanks . create a new database from Blank. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. itjavi@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi > When configure de database offline . The Database Offline is backup to the > Database Primary or is better creat...

Need help calculating queries & reports
Hello, I have an Access Database 2000 to track performance. Within the db I have a performance table where user input their ID, date, part#, side, start sequence & stop sequence daily (there can be two entries per day). Then on another reference table with field: part#, side, sequence#, time (min). What I would like to calculate in the query and report is look at the start & stop sequence based on the part# & side then calculate how long (time) the operator spend on the job (part#). Thanks Example: Table1 ID date part# side start seq stop seq 001 1/8/...

Access Database; Use for clients
I need sorten amount of space for my college and business in access how do work this in Office Proffesional 2007? Douglas >...sorten sorten amount of space ... sorten is not a word as far as I know. certain amount of space? sorting amount of space? > how do work this in Office Proffesional 2007? work what? what exactly do you want to do? Regardless of what you mean by sorten, it is also unclear what you are asking. -- HTH, George "Douglas" <Douglas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FCB82BE-4FF1-4FC3-98A7-1FC350C62694@microsoft.com... >I need...

Rename a database 03-11-08
Hello, I have finished designing a database, if I rename it to be other name. Example. Churchmember.mdb and now I change it to chruchmember_Union Will it effect that any program can not work? Thanks for any idea provided. -- H. Frank Situmorang That depends... If you split your database, you will need to relink the table using the linked table manager (if you are renaming the back-end). As a general rule however, you shouldn't experience any major problems. Best way to know is to simply try it. Create a backup of the original db and then change the name and then test out your d...

Last transaction in a query?
I have a table with 5 fields ID PersonID EDate Amount and TransType I want a query with the last record of each person based on date and I want the results like this PersonID LastOfEDate Amount TransType if a person has tow transactions in the max date I want only one of them How can i do that? thanks You must have a "main" table with a single list of PersonID. Lets assume it is called tblPeople, PK = "ID" So, use that table to provide a unquite list of PersonID. The query can be like: select FirstName, Lastname, WorkPhone, PersonID, EDate, Amount, Tr...

Acccess 2007 Runtime and Queries
While I've created MDE files before, I've never used the Runtime for Access. I was wondering if the runtime limits you to only running existing queries, or can you modify them using the runtime too? TIA Mark On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:51:01 -0700, MChrist <MChrist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The runtime hides the objects window, so queries are not accessible. You can see what the runtime will do by creating a shortcut like this: path_to_msaccess.exe path_to_your.accdb /runtime -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >While I've created MDE files before, ...

Crosstab Query by Week with Dates as Headers
Hi I am trying to write a crosstab query in Access that will give me the totals by week for each person. My data contains a list a people with dates and amounts. Here is a small sample of the data over five weeks for one person. I tried to put it in as a table but it wouldn't let me so spaces are breaking the columns: Date Name Supervisor Manager Amt 03/08/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 3 03/07/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 5 03/04/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 8 03/03/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 5 03/01/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 9 02/28/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr1 1 02/15/2010 Agent1 Supv1 Mgr...

Table-data transformation
I would like to take data from 3 different columns of data and recombine to a different format in another column. The original data is a series of numerical and text codes. first column, second column, third column 12,30,1245CF I would like the new column to contain the data in this form: 12-30-1245CF Can this transformation be automated? Can I set up a form to just collect the individual numbers and make the table transform them to this new form and unique identifier (key) ??? Or perhaps the form transforms and puts the data in the table. I need the data in both formats and don't wan...

spreading a table over two pages
I am using office 2000. I would like to know how to auto flow tables over two pages using microsoft publisher. I have a table on the bottom of one page and it is too large and i want it to automatically spread onto the nest page in my document. Thanks JJ You could make the page longer. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:481E0791-B780-4451-A371-8D2C36995343@microsoft.com... >I am using office 2000. I would like to know how to auto flow tables over > two pages using microsoft publisher. I have a table on the bottom...

Can you link tables in Publisher?
I would like to link a table in Publsiher so it flows from on page to another. Can seem to find anyway to do this. You cannot do this in Publisher. Word has this capability. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Greenfield" <Greenfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A619EEE-7AA0-422A-AC15-4A26A2986B84@microsoft.com... >I would like to link a table in Publsiher so it flows from on page to > another. Can seem to find anyway to do this. Thank you. At least now I know that I have...

Default Value for new Table Row
Is there a way to specify a "default" value for a field when a new row is created in a table? I have a simple table with the date as the first column. When I add a new entry to the table I would like the date to default to the current day. I tried browsing the Excel objects but could not find any objects or events related to tables. I could develop a form, but that would be a lot of work just to set a simple default. It seems seems like there should be an "on_new_table_row" or "on_table_row_add" event where you could set a default with just a line or two o...

Pivot Tables
I have a new computer and previously I was able to use Pivot tables as a shortcut to highlight a list of say 500 items and display the unique items in a pivot table. However when I try to do that now it doesn't display the items, it only show the dropdown with the unique items checked or unchecked and therefore I cannot highlight the unique items to create my unique items list. Does anyone know if there is an option that is preventing me from doing this or any other way to create a unique items list from a larger list. Thank you very much. If you create a pivot table with a fi...

Copy date from a form to a different table
Good Morning to all. I have a database that i use. i have a table "stock" and a table "materials subform" The form i use to write the data to the subform extracts its data from the "stock" table. I do a simple cculation and then i need to write 1 field back to the "stock" table. The names used in the "stock" table are "partnumber" "quantityinstock" "costprice" and "sellprice". In the subform the fields are "partno" "tempqty" "buyprice" and "myprice" . What i wan...

Mail-merge dynamic database source
I have created a mail-merge that gets its input from Excel via OLEDB. Each month it needs to get the input from a spreadsheet in a folder specific to that month. Moreover, although I create and test the merge on my pc, I distribute it to others who have a different naming convention for their folders. Once I save my merge document, the source folder is saved with it. [Although I have examined the merge document carefully, and can't find any clear text reference to the database. Does anyone know how that info is stored?] I know that if the database doesn't exist when th...

RE: RM Temp Tables
I am trying to recreate the RM HATB report in Crystal. Which tables can be used instead of the RM Temp tables. Jacqueline Chay You would probably need to use the following tables. RM_Customer_MSTR (RM00101) RM_Customer_MSTR_SUM (RM00103) RM_OPEN (RM20101) RM_Applied_OPEN (RM20201) RM_HISTORY(RM30101) RM_Applied_History (RM30201) Good luck David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@onlin...

UNION query changes results after close and reopen
I have a UNION query, and the first field is the Client id field. If I run the queries separately they return the correct client id. If I delete the UNION, run the query, then add the UNION back in, the correct client is retrieved. If I then save and close the query, then rerun it, all the client ids return as 1. This occurs even if I move the field to a different position or rename the field. Hi Jason, If you like to paste the sql for the union query to this newsgroup, we could make some suggestions. Jeanette Cunningham "Jason Christian" <Jason Christian@discussio...

Office 2003 Small Business Edition
I must have bought Office 2003, pre installed some years ago and now I cannot use its features, which I suspect is attributable to me failing to activate the software (an error and not intentional). Unsurprisingly for me, the online activation won't work and I cannot find any UK contact details. Would someone please advise me what to do. Thank you. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:45:01 -0700, richard wrote: > I must have bought Office 2003, pre installed some years ago and now I cannot > use its features, which I suspect is attributable to me failing to activate > the so...

business contact manager support
When I try to open my Outlook I get an error messages that says, "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", and then it shuts down and restarts again to say the same thing. I'm not sure what this means how how to go around it. Any suggestions Uninstall Business Contact Manager go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d21f3d89-46ac-4a27-b4c7-be05723d53e5&displaylang=en and download patch. I was ahving same problem, this corrected it. "Clueless newbie" <Clueless newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Can't mount database
I have restored a database from a backup I have set up a server for this purpose. I have named the server and the domain the same as it was on the original server I have forestpreped and given the exchange server the same name as last time "PP" instead of first organization, I problem I had earlier I have eseutiled it with /hm switch, it shows that the data is inconsistent. I have then used the /p and then the d/ and /g switch it then shows consistent. but it still wont mount and if I try isinteg fix alltests it gives this error "Isinteg Cannot Initiate Verification Proces...

Microsoft Query #3
I am trying to create a query in Microsoft Query that gets data from an Access Database. I click on New Query, which brings up a box for me to Choose Data Source. I select MS Access Database, then I select the the actual database. Next, a box titled Add Tables comes up, but there is nothing to select. I have done this successfully in the past, but I cannot figure out what is wrong. ...

Table Definitions
I am new in Great Plain. We just bought the 8.0 version. In the SDK on cd 2 I found the definition for the any new changes to new or old table. But what about a complete definition for all table? Where can I find a complete definition for table and work flow? Here is my summary on how to get info about tables and fields. 1) Open the window, then select Tools >> Integrate >> Table Import to see the tables associated with the Dexterity Form. 2) Open the window, then select Tools >> Customise >> Customise Current Window. Once in Modifier Layout mode, look at the ...

PIVOT TABLE HELP #7
Hi All, I need to know how i can insert a "Sum If" Function in the Pivot table. As there are only standard formulas in the options and Excel does not allow me to input custom formulas. I have my table as follows: Bank Currency Amount Status A USD 1 Pending B USD 5 Pending C EUR 6 Pending A GBP 2 Renewed B USD 6 Renewd C GBP 7 Pending When I choose the Pivot table I am able to give my criteria for bankwise and for each type of currency to sum the amounts, But I am unable to give a sum if function on Pending ones only... Hope u guys can help me on this. Imran. -- M Imran Buhary ...

setting check box on tables
Hello there I have application on access 2003 adp. To some subForm i have i bound access table in order to make it the dinamicly way to work. The table is sql server 2005. in the table there are bit values. I would like to present them in my table as checkboxes and not as yes/no or true/false. Is there a way to so so automaticly? ...

How to import address list tables into Excel
I have an address list in Word that looks like this: ____________________________________ | Mr Smith | | 34 swanky st. | | Bufftton 3454-123 | | UK | |___________________________________| | Fat Bread Co. | | Attn. Justin Jock | | 453 Long Drive | | Staten Island | | 232434...

The Pivot Table field name is not valid,
I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why. My data is in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled. What do I have to do to get over this? Thanks Denise Maybe there's a hidden column, with no heading text, or you've accidentally included a blank column at the end of the range. deniseh wrote: > I am receiving the above error message, but don't understand why. My data is > in columns, organised as a list and the columns are labelled. What do I have > to do to get over this? > Thanks > Denise -- Debra Dalgleish Ex...