Business Portal Project Accounting Timesheet Entry

We have over 700 projects and find it difficult to search the list of
available projects when adding to a timesheet in Project Accounting Timesheet
Entry in Portal.

Any suggestions for an alternative timesheet entry add-on?

or -  has anyone customized Business Portal 4.0 to add a find feature
similar to PDK?

thanks
--
Barry
0

Ariett (www.ariett.com) has a time sheet module that interfaces with Project
Accounting.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Barry" wrote:

> We have over 700 projects and find it difficult to search the list of
> available projects when adding to a timesheet in Project Accounting Timesheet
> Entry in Portal.
>
> Any suggestions for an alternative timesheet entry add-on?
>
> or -  has anyone customized Business Portal 4.0 to add a find feature
> similar to PDK?
>
> thanks
> --
> Barry
0
callen (2505)
12/5/2007 10:04:05 PM
Hi Charles,

thanks for your response.

I contacted Ariett and they informed me that the product is not release yet
- will be out 1st quarter of next year.

any other ideas?

cheers
--
Barry

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Ariett (www.ariett.com) has a time sheet module that interfaces with Project
> Accounting.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Barry" wrote:
>
> > We have over 700 projects and find it difficult to search the list of
> > available projects when adding to a timesheet in Project Accounting Timesheet
> > Entry in Portal.
> >
> > Any suggestions for an alternative timesheet entry add-on?
> >
> > or -  has anyone customized Business Portal 4.0 to add a find feature
> > similar to PDK?
> >
> > thanks
> > --
> > Barry
0
barry1 (69)
12/5/2007 10:29:02 PM
Try Paramount Technologies (www.paramountusa.com)
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Barry" wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> thanks for your response.
>
> I contacted Ariett and they informed me that the product is not release yet
> - will be out 1st quarter of next year.
>
> any other ideas?
>
> cheers
> --
> Barry
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Ariett (www.ariett.com) has a time sheet module that interfaces with Project
> > Accounting.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Barry" wrote:
> >
> > > We have over 700 projects and find it difficult to search the list of
> > > available projects when adding to a timesheet in Project Accounting Timesheet
> > > Entry in Portal.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions for an alternative timesheet entry add-on?
> > >
> > > or -  has anyone customized Business Portal 4.0 to add a find feature
> > > similar to PDK?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > --
> > > Barry
0
callen (2505)
12/5/2007 10:52:03 PM
great thanks!
--
Barry

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Try Paramount Technologies (www.paramountusa.com)
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Barry" wrote:
>
> > Hi Charles,
> >
> > thanks for your response.
> >
> > I contacted Ariett and they informed me that the product is not release yet
> > - will be out 1st quarter of next year.
> >
> > any other ideas?
> >
> > cheers
> > --
> > Barry
> >

> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > Ariett (www.ariett.com) has a time sheet module that interfaces with Project
> > > Accounting.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

0
barry1 (69)

Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup
On the Inventory Item Class Accounts Setup there is a line for an account titled "Inventory Returns". Does anyone know on what type of transaction this account will be used? Also, should it be a balance sheet or income statement account? Thanks, Gene Gene, This account will be used on Sales Order Processing and Invoicing Return transactions if you have set up your system to use posting accounts from Item (instead of from Customer) in SOP or Invoicing Setup. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

set up account
? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail server without contacting my isp? Usually the tech suport section on the website of the provider has all of the details you'll need without contacting them directly... On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:55:06 -0800, "YANKY" <YANKY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >? is the anyway to determine incoming mail server settings and outgoing mail >server without contacting my isp? hmm, it kind of hit and miss. most isp's incoming mail servers use POP3 and SMTP for outgoing. the server for incoming i...

Sub Accounts : Owners
We have Resellers & Sub Accounts. The Owner of a Reseller is a sales person, the Owner of a Sub-Account is Customer Care. How do we reassign a Reseller to another sales person with out the Sub Account Owner's name being changed to the same sales person? We can manually change the Owner of these Sub Accounts, but this is a tedious process. Can anyone advise pse? Tracy Hi, In Microsoft CRM this has to do with the behavior of the relationship. Unfortunately it is not possible to change the behavior for subaccounts. If you change the ownership of an account the owner of the subac...

Outlook Additional menu entries and crashes
Hi guys, The problem in detail: Step 1: I delete "outcmd.dat", "extend.dat" and "FRMCACHE.DAT". Step 2: I start outlook -> everything is normal. Step 3: I open any folder from the folder list -> a second "Adobe PDF" (from Acrobat 7.0) menu appears on the left side. Step 4: I close outlook -> outlook crashes. Step 5: I start outlook again -> 2 "Adobe PDF" menu items appear on the right side. Repeating steps 3 - 5 add additional "Adobe PDF" menues. Closing outlook without opening any folder before does not add any ...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

Import Accounts
Can I import accounts from an Excel spreadsheet or csv ?. You would need to use the Data Migration Framework (DMF) for the correct approach There is an alternative but it is going to be time consuming if there are a lot of Accounts. That is to import them as Leads and then to convert them to Accounts. However, each Lead needs to be manually converted to the Account and the Lead record type would not have as much information associated with it. Also, if you then decide to delete the Leads you need to remove the Originating Lead field value in the Account first. ...

Accounts in different currencies
I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >-----Original Message----- >I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way >to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >. >Go to the account, and choose Change Account Details from the menu on the left side of the screen. One of the details is the account currency. ...

Accessing Fidelity mySmart Cash Bank Accounts
I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments category. I would like to find a way, however, for it to be listed separately, as a checking account under Bank Accounts, separate from my investment account with Fidelity. Is there a way to do this? In microsoft.public.money, Igzabether wrote: >I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I >set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments >category. I would like to fin...

A World Of Opportunities For Business and Everyday Life.
This site will provide you with solution resources for those troublesome situations that seem to crop up on an almost daily basis in your business and private life. Some of the solutions offered are home loans, bankruptcy advice and forms, legal help of all kinds, discount merchandise from reputable stores such as Wal-Mart, Circuit City and many others. This site also provides you the opportunity to make money on the internet from being an affiliate. They will provide you with your own website and completely set you up for free. All you have to do is promote. There won't be any popups to h...

Delete Business Unit
I suggest to Microsoft to provide a way to allow for the deletion of a Business Unit in CRM. This may be a strict administrative procedure, but there should be a way to delete any type of data entered, even if it wipes out associated records. Perhaps a stern warning, only allowing the Systems Administrator to perform this action would be useful. Why keep a database cluttered with invalid data? Better to allow some clean up method. Think of the scenario whereby a Business Unit gets created and there is a typo in the name. Currently, disabling it doesn't get rid of it. ------...

Urgent help request: How to find Journal Entry of Inventory Adjust
Hi folks, I have a urgent help request and question. How do I find out the Journal Entry number for an Inventory Adjustment transaction that did not post to G/L? You know when you post an Inventory Adjustment Batch, if you don't check the box "Post to General Ledger" the inventory adjustment will not post in G/L. So how do we find out what the Journal Entry number should have been? Here's the catch, don't have access to SQL Server, so we need a way to find out within GP. Is this possible? Please help...THANKS It sounds like you are trying to find out whether an in...

Compiling MFC project from command line...
Hi, How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC 6.0 Is there any tool which generates such info... Help ! sandSpiderX If you look in the project settings for your ActiveX project, you will see the command line that is used by the IDE for building the project. You should be able to use that command line directly. "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120655631.691634.137580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > How do I compile and link MFC activex project from command line in MSVC > 6.0 > > Is the...

Formula entries get turned into textual entries
I received a workbook from another company and wanted to add a new column of formulas. However, even though I included the = sign and ensured the correct formula, my entry into the cell would suddenly convert it to text, showing a ' or ^ character in front of the = sign. I discovered if I clear all formatting and data entry from the cells, it would then allow me to enter formulas. I've also found that if I create new workbooks/spreadsheets, this does not happen. I experience the same odd behavior in 2003 and 2007. This suggests there's something wrong with the file the other compan...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

POS and Accounting
I have MS Dynamics POS and MS Accounting 2007 integrated on a network and they are talking and sharing info. What I need to know is how can I set up a charge account for customers and be ale to ring up a charge on the POS computer and have it show up in the accounting software. The problem I am having is I ring up a charge at the POS and it subtracts from the inventory, and then when I create an invoice for the same item it subtracts from the inventory once again. Is there a way around this problem? On Feb 23, 4:45=A0pm, Hal in NE <Hali...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I ...

Changing Bill Account Number
I am trying to change the account number that coincides with a telephone bill. (The account number changed when I moved). But when I go into the account details and click the link for 'Account number', the account number field is grayed out and not editable. I've been paying this bill online using a debit card for the past few months because I cannot change this number. Back in October, when they reassigned my old phone number to somebody new, my bill was payed to the wrong account. (I am still fighting this too). Why is it so hard to change bill account numbers in this...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...

conditional "business required" field
I have 2 fields, A and B Depending on picklist selection from field A, I want field B to be "business required" or not. Is this done with onchange Jscript on field A? What are the CRM events controlling "business required". Is there a list of all CRM supported events? Thanks Paul Yes, you should use onchange event of FieldA. Use "crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel('field_schema_name', true);" to make it Required, or put 'false' for the second parameter to remove requirment. Note that the function SetFieldReqLevel is unsupported. The list of all ...

Money 2006 small business sorting by customers name
Is there a way to sort customer name by their last name? If I enter name last name first, the invoices are printed last name first. So, if I enter name first name first one cannot find transactions alphabetically. Any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey ...

Moving Exchange accounts in 2000
I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of those accounts believe they are on an Exchange 5.5 server that no longer exists. Using AD I cannot delete or move the exchange part of these accounts unless I delete the account entirely, which I don't wish to do, does anyone know of a way to cancel out the Exchange settings on those accounts? On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:15:03 -0700, "Fate_of_Tai-Eliel" <Fate_of_Tai-Eliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of >those ...

Hotmail account in Outlook 2003 #2
Hi all, I've got 2 email accounts, colin@work.com and colin@hotmail.com. I've setup Outlook 2003 to send and receive from both these accounts and all works fine but with 1 'glitch' that I can't seem to resolve. As those of you who use Hotmail through Outlook know, Outlook creates a second 'Inbox', 'Outbox', 'Sent Items' etc in addition to the standard POP3 inbox etc. My problem is that if I send from my 'colin@work.com' mail account, the standard 'Sent Items' shows the sent mail. If I send from my Hotmail account, this sent ma...

Account Distribution in check printing
Hi I need to print Account Distribution along with the check; I am using 3 per page/No Stub check format. The way I am using for printing check is, from the payable transaction entry window itself. (On fly). Any idea? Thanks BS You should be able to pull on the accounts related to the transaction by modifying the report in Report Writer. I am not sure if it already has the table linked that contains the accounts but I am sure you could add the table if necessary. If you have access to CustomerSource then look it up in KnowledgeBase. "BS" wrote: > Hi > >...

MS Money 2006: How do I set up a sub-account?
I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I've got a savings account with a credit union, and recently I went there to open up a new account. They suggested that I open up a "sub account", under my regular savings account. I went ahead and did that. How do I represent this sub account, under my regular savings account? It has the same account number, with a "-5" as a suffix. Rod In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 Premium. I've got a savings account with a >credit union, and recently I went there to open u...

cannot view account detils in OUtlook2K
I think this may be to do with the software for my Belkin wifi card, but am not sure. It started at about the same time as the card was installed, but uninstalling the software and reinstalling office has not resolved the problem. Anyway, the problem is this: I go to tools/account, but the accounts window doesn't open. Weird huh? I'm running W2K and office2K SP3. Any ideas appreciated. Jo Did you try a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://w...