Business Portal Order Management Item Categories Query how to chan

Hi ,

I am looking for some guidelines to how to change the query of the Item
Categories web part on Orders page in Business Portal.

This web part displays a list of Item Categories, defined in Catalogue
Maintenance. by default it shows Category ID  ( name of Categories ).  my
clients want to display the Description of category.

is there a way to change the Query behind this web part ?

please advise.

Thanks

Syed

0
Syed (31)

pinned items
Hi all, where are the pinned items under the start menu located? I want to remove a pinned item for all the users that logon to this machine. Sher Sher wrote: >Hi all, >where are the pinned items under the start menu located? I want to remove a >pinned item for all the users that logon to this machine. >Sher > > You just right-Click on the item and then select "Unpin From Start Menu" hth ...

PST exemption to be saved in layaways and work orders
If I have created a layaway or work order for a customer who is PST exempt, the PST exemption is not "Saved" when I recall the order, I have to actually take the PST off again. It would make more sense that this information is saved with the order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &q...

Sales Order Fulfillment with qty fulfilled zero
Using an Order ID that has “Use Separate Fulfillment Process” checked; and once in the Sales Order Fulfillment window there is the following example: Scenario: The "Qty Ready to Fulfill" is 10; enter 8 in "Qty Fulfilled" The "Qty Ready to Fulfill" will automatically become 8 Problem: If 0 is entered in "Qty Fulfilled" (instead of 8), the "Qty Ready to Fulfill" remains at 10. Would like the "Qty Ready to Fulfill" to become zero, and "Qty to Back Order" of 10 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft...

Form & Query help
Hi, I have a form designed to compile an email based on database records and enables the user to open MS Outlook and have the email already populated. The form's Record Source is a query - qryCurrentRecord. That query is based on two tables where the field StaffName from 'tblQueryDetails' is linked to the field StafffName from 'tblEmailAddresses', enabling the email address for that staff member (tblEmailAddresses.StaffEmailAddress) to be returned by the query. So on my form I have a text box representing the 'To' address for the email, the Control Source ...

Year-To-Date Query or Report
Does anyone have information on where I can find or how to do a YTD query or report? Thanks, Ron Here's a starting point: Subquery basics: Year to date at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "rwr" <rwr@robcom.com> wrote in message news:%23yz6K72aHHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone have information on where I can find or how to do a YTD > query or report? > &g...

Deleting unwanted categories and amounts
As part of setup for Money 2005 Small Business edition, I imported the bank account associated with my business. However, since I have two other personal accounts at the same bank, information for those were imported as well. First I tried to delete those accounts, but it also deleted the business account that I wanted. Then, I tried "closing" the two personal accounts, and they appeared to disappear. However, all of the history of those two personal accounts is still buried somewhere, and reports like the handy "Spending by Category" pie chart on the opening page re...

Union query changes Memo to Text (256 char limit)
Hi, I am using a Union query to join data from two different tables. The columns that are joined include Memo data types. The recordset after the union query truncates the Memo fields by quite a bit. I am guessing that the fields' Memo data type have been changed to Text data type. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Thanks. baldwin.kevin@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, I am using a Union query to join data from two different tables. >The columns that are joined include Memo data types. The recordset >after the union query truncates the Memo fields by quite a bit. I am...

Adding shipping or no shipping to each item
Is there a way to be prompted to choose shipping or no shipping for each item? I thought I had seen this or read about it someplace, I just can't find the option for it. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014B_01C82846.4A495200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable WIS, Not specifically for shipping, but an Item Message can prompt you. First, create the message | Manager | Database | Item Message | New, = then for the Item to be prompted for Database | Items | Special tab | = Item Message f...

Help installing Report Manager
Hi, thanks for any help. Would any one please help clarify. I have read the instructions for installing the report manager on CRM 1.2 and I am wondering if they have left something out. They say to install the ReportManager into a virual directory... Which one? The one inwhich CRM resides? Or are you supposed to create a website 1st and create a new folder for ReportManager to live in? Does the ReportManager site need a host header? Does it need a DNS entry? -or- Are you supposed to go into IIS and create a virtual inside of the CRM website directory? The error I get when i try to ...

Size of store and deleted items
As I understand it, Exchange 2003 retains items that have been deleted by users (meaning the user deleted it from their deleted items folder) according to the settings specified in Exchange System Manager on the Mailbox Store > Properties > Limits tab > Deletion Settings > Keep Deleted Items for (days) and Keep deleted mailboxes for (days)". First of all, is this correct, or have I misunderstood the purpose of this setting, or the meaning of "Deleted items"? If the above statement is correct, my question is this: Is there any way to clearly know how much ro...

Printing the "Edit Item Screen" in Business Portal Requisition Mgm
We would like the ability to print the "Edit Item Screen" in Business Portal Requisition Mgmt. There is information in this screen that does not display on the "Printer Friendly" version (i.e. Comments) -- Jarrod Kraemer Cornerstone Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cl...

Add a "Length" column to Deployment Manager snap-in
In current version of CRM, the only way to see length of an attribute of type string is to double click that attribute in Deployment Manager. I would like to see that information quickly, without the need of opening (double-clicking or right-clicking and then selecting "Properties") every single attribute in the default view, in which the only available columns are "Name", "Type", "Display" and "Description". For the rest of the types, this column would be blank. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and M...

Query Question 03-05-08
I am working with queries pulling from an SQL linked table. I'm pulling orders within a given time period with the below fields. Each order line item appears on a separate line. Customer Name Order Number Date Item Type New Start Joe Smith 12345 3/3/08 Core Y Joe Smith 12345 3/3/08 Comp Y Pete Smith 33224 3/4/08 Comp Y I need to do a query to pull customers who only have Comp items only within the time period I pull, so ...

Requisition Manager Email Notifications
I have a question. One of our purchase request approvers in Hong Kong would like the email notification that is sent out when a request is ready to be approved to contain the link that will take them directly to the correct company and appropriate purchase request. Some of the approvers are responsible for approving purchase requests in four different companies. Is there a way to make the link in the notifccation email go directly to the correct company and purchase request instead of to the purchasing page? Thanks, Anna ...

Purchase Order- Changed Since the Previous Revision
Is there a way to make the following message "^ Changed Since the Previous Revision" only show on the PO document if there really were changes? This message always prints, even on new POs, and is confusing when no changes were made. to my knowledge you would have to modify the report itself. We have the same issue but havent changed it yet. "GPINC" wrote: > Is there a way to make the following message "^ Changed Since the Previous > Revision" only show on the PO document if there really were changes? This > message always prints, even on new...

need to query AD and Exchange attributes
hi everyone. been struggling with this for way too long now. i simply need to write a script that will take an AD account name as input, and report on 2 things for that user: Exchange mailbox size limit, and current mailbox size. Bharat, an MVP in here got me a good start a few days ago but im still struggling. i guess what im looking for is an example... i cant figure out how to determine limit if the limit is imposed by a policy in exchange. supposedly there are attributes called msExchangePolicyList and msExchangePolicyListBL that i should be looking at, but i dont even know where ...

Tracking business expenditure
How do most people track business expenses? Do you set up a separate account, then transfer in and out of that as business expenses are incurred and reimbursed? Or is there a better way? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=36 for some thoughts. "RichT" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message news:488ed0cb$0$888$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > How do most people track business expenses? Do you set up a separate > account, then transfer in and out of that as business expenses are > incurred and reimbursed? Or is there a better way? ...

Jpeg links opening in Explorer instead of Picture Manager
I've set up a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 that has links to jpegs. I've gone back in to add more photos but am having problems with the links. I added 6 photos all from the same folder and all about the same file size. However, 4 of them are giving me the "red x" box. I don't understand why 2 are opening while the other 4 will not. I've tried adjusting the file size and moving the files but nothing is working. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the upgrade to Explorer 8. Prior to the upgrade, my photos opened in Pictu...

Code to export my query as XLS to same directory each week.
I have the following query: qryEquipment_Intelebill - which I output as an Excel file - save to a shared folder - email the link to a co-worker - first Monday of every week How do I make this process completely automatic?.. - On Monday morning have the database open, - run the query & save as Excel 2003~2007 - to my shared folder & always overwrite the old file - then forward a LINK to that file only, in the Body of the email to the same co-worker I have worked with parts of this kind of procedure before but a little unclear on putting it all together in a single unattended proces...

Delete query problem
Hi I'm trying to do a simple query delete from a tabel, but recieves the following massage. Could not delete from specified tables. My SQL looks like this: DELETE [1_Grunddata].* FROM 3_3part INNER JOIN 1_Grunddata ON [3_3part].Material = [1_Grunddata].Material; Could anyone help? Ticotion Try DELETE DISTINCTROW [1_Grunddata].* FROM 3_3part INNER JOIN 1_Grunddata ON [3_3part].Material = [1_Grunddata].Material; If that fails then try DELETE [1_Grunddata].* FROM 1_Grunddata WHERE [1_Grunddata].Material IN (SELECT Material FROM [3_3part]) -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2...

Missing trending items
One of the features I expect to use most regularly in Money Deluxe 2008 is cash flow forecasting. However, it so far refuses to add trending for "Dining Out" and "Entertainment" even though I have plenty of data in those categories. What gives? I have changed the cash flow report settings to include discretionary items. When that failed, I tried changing the "Entertainment" category to a necessity. Still no go. I've fiddled with several other things without luck. Other, barely used categories DO get included as trend items, so why not these? Any clues...

ANN: Shortcut Manager for Publisher
Shortcut Manager for Publisher enables you to define your own keyboard shortcuts to menu items and macros in Microsoft Publisher documents and addins. For more information, visit its webpages at http://officerone.tripod.com/pbsctmgr/pbsctmgr.html Thank you, Regards, - Chirag http://officerone.tripod.com/ At $US24.95 I would not even waste my time downloading the trial version!!! -- ...

Retention of Deleted Items messages
I would like to force deleted items to be purged from the Deleted Items folder after a set number (7) of days. To put it another way, I would like a message to stay in a users Deleted Items folder for only 7 days and have the system "empty" it automatically. This is not the same as setting the "Keep Deleted Items for (7 days)" on the Mailbox Store, Limits properties. Same goes for a System Policy for Limits. These affect the retention of "emptied" items, not messages currently in the Deleted Items folder. I cannot find a KB article that addresses this seem...

Small Business Manager 07-11-03
Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM at all? Ryan What do you mean by Integrate? If you want to know if you ca nrun CRM on a SBS network, then the answer is yes. Matt "Ryan Finnesey" <ryan.finnesey@dsgius.com> wrote in message news:eLZHOJ1RDHA.1920@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM at all? Ryan Yes it does. Contact Erich at MAS for more info "Ryan Finnesey" <ryan.finnesey@dsgius.com> wrote in message news:eLZHOJ1RDHA.1920@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does Small Business Manager integrate with CRM...