Business Portal installation error #4

I am installing business portal (for gp ver 10.0) dynamics db and company db
are upgraded from 8  to 10.  when I am installing BP an error mesage coming
and BPSQLlog files shows :
"Database:  "n/a"     Actor:  "SQL.VBS_LoadSQLComponent()" */
ERROR: Path (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Business
Portal\Utilities\SQL\Upgrade\2.5.1173.0\System\GP_COMMON\) did not exist."
and continue installation and will finish sucessfullly.  But portal gives
unnown error.

Please help me!
0
Syam (39)

One more error is
"Failed Loading Packager Data Element (PD_GP_COMMON) for Install Feature
(BusinessPortal)."
"Unable to locate base data: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Business
Portal\Utilities\PackagerData\UpgradeData\2.5.1173.0\Common"
0
Syam (39)
7/14/2009 3:16:01 PM
Syam,

I think you are missing some BP upgrade path. You might need to go through
the BP upgrade again and also look for any applicable service packs. Go
through the customersource or partnersource.
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"Syam" wrote:

> I am installing business portal (for gp ver 10.0) dynamics db and company db
> are upgraded from 8  to 10.  when I am installing BP an error mesage coming
> and BPSQLlog files shows :
> "Database:  "n/a"     Actor:  "SQL.VBS_LoadSQLComponent()" */
> ERROR: Path (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Business
> Portal\Utilities\SQL\Upgrade\2.5.1173.0\System\GP_COMMON\) did not exist."
> and continue installation and will finish sucessfullly.  But portal gives
> unnown error.
>
> Please help me!
0
janakirammp (688)
7/14/2009 3:16:02 PM
Hello Janakiram,
Thank you for reply.

Please note tat, I am istalling BP first time, not upgrading.

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Syam,
>
> I think you are missing some BP upgrade path. You might need to go through
> the BP upgrade again and also look for any applicable service packs. Go
> through the customersource or partnersource.
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> http://janakirammp.blogspot.com
>

> "Syam" wrote:
>
> > I am installing business portal (for gp ver 10.0) dynamics db and company db
> > are upgraded from 8  to 10.  when I am installing BP an error mesage coming
> > and BPSQLlog files shows :
> > "Database:  "n/a"     Actor:  "SQL.VBS_LoadSQLComponent()" */
> > ERROR: Path (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Business
> > Portal\Utilities\SQL\Upgrade\2.5.1173.0\System\GP_COMMON\) did not exist."
> > and continue installation and will finish sucessfullly.  But portal gives
> > unnown error.
> >
> > Please help me!
0
Syam (39)

Printing check register #4
Is there a way to print the check register every month. Example print check register from 12/1/07 to 12/30/07. I dont want to print the whole register mine goes back to 1998. I want a hard copy like a checkbook every month. Rick Under reports, try Account Transactions. You can set dates, which account, and which columns you want to see. "Rick" <rick_falls@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uh0%235lvpHHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to print the check register every month. > Example print check reg...

error messages 03-03-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Was syncing entourage with mailme when i got an error message. I clicked it off and they kept coming...at one time I had 20 on the screen. I had to close the program and then turn off my Macbook Pro, then turn it on. I cannot use Entourage without this happening...opened it and one popped right up. On 2010-03-02 22:09:33 -0500, padreruf@officeformac.com said: > Was syncing entourage with mailme when i got an error message. I > clicked it off and they kept coming...at one time I had 20 on the &...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

Timeout error
When I open outlook I get a Timeout error. I can ping the exchange server. Any ideas. Thanks, Wesley try to expand timeout time . There is an option in an advanced menu for that account.. "Wesley Steele" <ws@fulcrumgroup.co.za>, iletide �unu yazd� news:OE0K1sbUDHA.3308@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I open outlook I get a Timeout error. > > I can ping the exchange server. > > Any ideas. > > Thanks, > Wesley > > ...

Report Load Error via CRM
I am loading a very basic report that had a complex query but works fine when running it in VS2005. When I attempt to load the report via the CRM 4.0 GUI, I get the following error message: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." This report does not have any parameters at all, and the most intense thing are embedded select statements which I have done on other reports. I have instal...

Trouble using resolution for Outlook error
I am recieving the error in Outlook mentioned on the following page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822503 The instructions say to resolve the issue for an existing installation, specify the *.pst file by using the Mail icon in Control Panel. First of all, I do not know what *.pst file they are referring to. The following directory on my machine: C:\Documents and Settings\Nathan Sokalski\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Contains the following *.pst files: archive.pst njsokalski@hotmail.comHotmail-00000002.pst Outlook1.pst Outlook.pst I am ver...

Crystal Report error: information is needed 02-03-04
After reinstalling CRM I get this error when I try to get a report. I know there is information since I'm just asking for the user list. ---------------------------------------- CrystalReportViewer Information is needed before this report can be processed. Information is needed before this report can be processed. ---------------------------------------- Any Ideas? Thanks Also recieved this error, and have logged an issue with MS, no resolution yet. One tip they did provide, remove any underscores ("_") from the server name. This has resolved the issue for a lot ...

EXCEL.exe has generated errors
For an knowned reason, the following message recently started to display when clicking on EXCEL on an Windows 2000 system. EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will needed to restart the program. An error log is being created. (OK) Attempts have been made to repair, deinstall and reinstall Office 2000. However, the above message still displays with trying to bring up EXCEL. Can anyone help? This WebPage by Chip Pearson provides a good place to troubleshoot. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm HTH Paul --...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

2003: LDAP Error
I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: field. The error header reads "Microsoft LDAP Diectory" The message is "LDAP Directory is unavailable (52)" Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Check the settings of the Address Book. Tools -> Address Book. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16e7a01c41791$16dbb210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have just installed Outlook 2003 and get an error > message when typing names in the to: or cc: or bcc: > field. >...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

Outlook Express Error message #8
The following message comes up each time I try to send email thru Outlook Express": Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible cause for this indles server problem, network problems. or a long period of inactivity. Acct. 'IMAP.aol.com', Server:SMTP.aol.com Protocol:SMTP, Port 25, Secure(SSL) No. Socket Error 10061, Error #OX800CCOE. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. Y...

Business Cards #2
I am trying to create business cards using Microsoft Publisher 2002 on XP. Where would I find the template for Avery 8397, or for any of the Avery business card products. In page setup, select business cards, click Change copies per sheet and adjust the margins to fit your template. Avery has blank templates for downloading, choose Cards, there will be a list to select from. Your number was not among them but generally business cards are pretty much alike. http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLHierarchy&catalogcode=WEB01&node=0 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.mi...

Resources #4
Is there a way to get in compile time (or at least in run time) "ProductName" from VS_VERSION_INFO? I'd like this: AfxMessageBox(CString("My app is: ") + MyApp->Resources->GetField("ProductName")); instead of: AfxMessageBox("My app is: MyAppName"); I'd just like all resource strings to be in one place. You can use GetFileVersionInfo and VerQueryValue functions. AliR "Black Banana" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message news:unFrQRXxEHA.1192@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Is there a way to get in...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...

MS Query #4
First, does someone know of a document that provides details on MS Query functions and their syntax. For example, I know I can use left, right, etc. What other functions exist? I want to do some parsing on some data fields and need to determine the length of the field and the place where certain characters are located within that field. Thanks. Hi ODBC query syntax is determined by driver, not by Excel. Usually it's like the syntax, used in database system, from where you get data. P.e. the syntax for FoxPro/VisualFox ODBC query is much like to syntax, you use with queries in F...

SMTP Message 4.4.7
I am running Exchange 2003, SP2. The server sits behind ISA 2004. I am having periodic mail problems with other domains trying to send messages to my Exchange server. There is a domain that is having messages bounced back with the error code 4.7.7. I believe that most other domains get through just fine. Is there anything on the ISA firewall that might be causing this? MS gives work-around for may firewall products, but not for their own. Thanks. We had the same problem, and the same configuration. The problem is caused by the ISA firewall's SMTP filtering feature, and two partic...

Error Signature
I'm currently using Outlook 2003, along with WinFax Pro 10.03. When I close my outlook, I receive a error signature, appname: outlook.exe AppVer 11.0.5510.0 etc. Microsoft K.B. suggests to upgrade to WinFax 10.03 as 10.02 will cause this issue but I am already using 10.03? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Macro Error, annoying plz help?
Hi, new to this board and kinda new to Excel as well. I created an excell file which includes various (difficult) calculations. And it's all finished and ready for distribution :P Cept for 2 minor things which i can't seem 2 fix. The most important one is this Macro Error which keeps popping up when you open the file. (I included a combo-box form, i think it's gotta do with that). Because if u pick something from that list (combo box) the error pops up again, very annoying of course. There is one way to prevent this as far as i could see and that was by setting macro security low....

BP Installation Error
Someone post this question before:- MbfPackager data importation process has failed. please c:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MbfPackager.Import.NoMerge.Common.xml for more information. Problem: When installing Microsoft Business Portal 2.5. Can anyone help me on this error? I'm installing Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. And, the BP is reading the Great Plains 8.0 database at another server. Cheers, Emily ...

printing business cards #8
I am printing business cards using Publisher 2000. I have no problem setting them up 10 to a page with Avery perforated card stock. The problem is that the design placement on the cards does not print correctly. The top cards on the sheet are perfect but as it gets to the bottom of the page, the design is too high. This is especailly bad whent the design includes a border that ends up not being centered on the card. I have adjusted everything there is to adjust on my printer and am wondering if it is a Publisher software issue or a printer issue. (HP says it is not a problem with the printe...