Business Portal Installation Error #2

I recently installed Great Plains Business Portal 2.5 on a client system:
Windows 2003 Server SP1
Great Plains 8.0
SQL Server 2000 SP3a
SPS 2.0 SP1
Upon complettion of the install (No errors), only the sample company would
appear in the choice of companies to display on the main page.  Examination
of the database by the installation team reveiled so ghost data from a
then removed and installed the Portal (Leaving Database info intact).  Upon
install all the companies appeared.  I chose the main company and went into
the site.

All the Great Plains web parts of the site reported a web part error that
the registered web part could not be displayed because it is not from a
trusted source.  I know that this error occurs with customized Sharepoint web
parts because the GAC and the web.config are not consistent, and I can fix
this error, however, on top of that error when I went into the web config the
companies are again not showing up... Any ideas on what might be causing
this?

David McMillan, MCT, MCDBA

BP Virtual Server Config:
Windows Authentication
port 80 header info assigned
SSL Certificate port 443

sps Virtual server Config:
Windows Authentication
port 80 no header info

Access to each works.

Are you having this problem with the domain admin user you install BP with?

--
Regards

James[MVP]
Visit MBS Blog Central

http://mbscentral.blogs.com

"David McMillan [MCT]" <David McMillan [MCT]@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:4479AEA8-045B-4ADE-BD46-3071A8047012@microsoft.com...
>I recently installed Great Plains Business Portal 2.5 on a client system:
> Windows 2003 Server SP1
> Great Plains 8.0
> SQL Server 2000 SP3a
> SPS 2.0 SP1
> Upon complettion of the install (No errors), only the sample company would
> appear in the choice of companies to display on the main page.
> Examination
> of the database by the installation team reveiled so ghost data from a
> then removed and installed the Portal (Leaving Database info intact).
> Upon
> install all the companies appeared.  I chose the main company and went
> into
> the site.
>
> All the Great Plains web parts of the site reported a web part error that
> the registered web part could not be displayed because it is not from a
> trusted source.  I know that this error occurs with customized Sharepoint
> web
> parts because the GAC and the web.config are not consistent, and I can fix
> this error, however, on top of that error when I went into the web config
> the
> companies are again not showing up... Any ideas on what might be causing
> this?
>
> David McMillan, MCT, MCDBA
>
> BP Virtual Server Config:
> Windows Authentication
> port 80 header info assigned
> SSL Certificate port 443
>
> sps Virtual server Config:
> Windows Authentication
> port 80 no header info
>
> Access to each works.

Hi James,

No, I have not had a problem with the domain account.  I think I solved the
problem with the companies, I reinstaslled the Portal without SSL encryption
requirement and that seems to be be working, I did not need the SSL anyway I
am installing on a small Intranet.  The first Error , however with the web
parts, is worse than I thought, the Portal site does not even show links to
add web parts.  Any ideas on what might be causing this?  I don't even have
Sharepoint web Parts available in the Portal Site.

David McMillan [MCT]

"James[MVP]" wrote:

> Are you having this problem with the domain admin user you install BP with?
>
> --
> Regards
>
> James[MVP]
> Visit MBS Blog Central
>
> http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>

> "David McMillan [MCT]" <David McMillan [MCT]@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:4479AEA8-045B-4ADE-BD46-3071A8047012@microsoft.com...
> >I recently installed Great Plains Business Portal 2.5 on a client system:
> > Windows 2003 Server SP1
> > Great Plains 8.0
> > SQL Server 2000 SP3a
> > SPS 2.0 SP1
> > Upon complettion of the install (No errors), only the sample company would
> > appear in the choice of companies to display on the main page.
> > Examination
> > of the database by the installation team reveiled so ghost data from a
> > then removed and installed the Portal (Leaving Database info intact).
> > Upon
> > install all the companies appeared.  I chose the main company and went
> > into
> > the site.
> >
> > All the Great Plains web parts of the site reported a web part error that
> > the registered web part could not be displayed because it is not from a
> > trusted source.  I know that this error occurs with customized Sharepoint
> > web
> > parts because the GAC and the web.config are not consistent, and I can fix
> > this error, however, on top of that error when I went into the web config
> > the
> > companies are again not showing up... Any ideas on what might be causing
> > this?
> >
> > David McMillan, MCT, MCDBA
> >
> > BP Virtual Server Config:
> > Windows Authentication
> > port 80 header info assigned
> > SSL Certificate port 443
> >
> > sps Virtual server Config:
> > Windows Authentication
> > port 80 no header info
> >
> > Access to each works.

Hi

Are you getting errors on the sharepoint site as well?  (
http://servername )

Are you blocking any ActiveX on your local firewall or ISA server?

Email me a screen shot of the problem, to give me a better idea of what the
problem is.   My emaill addy is on this reply properties.

--

message news:D60EE57F-D85D-471D-BBB8-FA452D3948B5@microsoft.com...
> [...]
>> > then removed and installed the Portal (Leaving Database info intact).
>> > Upon
>> > install all the companies appeared.  I chose the main company and went
>> > into
>> > the site.
>> >
>> > All the Great Plains web parts of the site reported a web part error
>> > that
>> > the registered web part could not be displayed because it is not from a
>> > trusted source.  I know that this error occurs with customized
>> > Sharepoint
>> > web
>> > parts because the GAC and the web.config are not consistent, and I can
>> > fix
>> > this error, however, on top of that error when I went into the web
>> > config
>> > the
>> > companies are again not showing up... Any ideas on what might be

Hi

I have replied to your email

--
Regards

James[MVP]
Visit MBS Blog Central

http://mbscentral.blogs.com

"James[MVP]" <hushdontspamme@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Are you getting errors on the sharepoint site as well?  (
> http://servername )
>
> Are you blocking any ActiveX on your local firewall or ISA server?
>
> Email me a screen shot of the problem, to give me a better idea of what
> the problem is.   My emaill addy is on this reply properties.
>

> --
> Regards
>
> James[MVP]
> Visit MBS Blog Central
>
> http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>
> "David McMillan [MCT]" <DavidMcMillanMCT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:D60EE57F-D85D-471D-BBB8-FA452D3948B5@microsoft.com...
>> Hi James,
>>
>> No, I have not had a problem with the domain account.  I think I solved
>> the
>> problem with the companies, I reinstaslled the Portal without SSL
>> encryption
>> requirement and that seems to be be working, I did not need the SSL
>> anyway I
>> am installing on a small Intranet.  The first Error , however with the
>> web
>> parts, is worse than I thought, the Portal site does not even show links
>> add web parts.  Any ideas on what might be causing this?  I don't even
>> have
>> Sharepoint web Parts available in the Portal Site.
>>
>> David McMillan [MCT]
>>
>> "James[MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Are you having this problem with the domain admin user you install BP
>>> with?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> James[MVP]
>>> Visit MBS Blog Central
>>>
>>> http://mbscentral.blogs.com
>>>

>>> "David McMillan [MCT]" <David McMillan [MCT]@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>> wrote in message

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

parsing a date and time field #2

RSS stack error help pls
I need to demo RSS for CRM (VPC image), i install the CRMrss from michaeljon miller site, extract to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Server\CRMWeb\rss\ change the two .cs files so port include 5555. check the web.config to ensure app key is there for ISV integration. copy the isv.config.xml to the resources folder. go to visual studio 2005 command prompt, go to rss\code to run the make.bat. output from screen is 1 file copied. open the browser, i got the Exception of type System.Web.HttpException was thrown, stack error.. any help? thanks! ...

Error opening a document in Sales Literature
Anyone see this error instead of the document?: {{handler "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Server\bin\AttachmentHandler.dll"/Download}} ...

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Exchange Connector Wizard error

js error in ie8
Hi, i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url and the js classes are reinitialized. when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access". When debug the code, i found that the class is properly initialized and able to access the member variables of the class. i am getting problem only ...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04
When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the: "Metadata Cache Error" No Entity Anyone experience/solve this issue? Hi, You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go through this article : http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842 If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation : Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then Microsoft SQL Server. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand your Microsoft CR...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

XP Install
I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resides. Could someone provide a link giving me the process I should follow to successfully complete the upgrade ?? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On 06/20/2010 04:52 AM, Dilly Dally wrote: > I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resid...

Macro

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Business contact manager install failure
Office 2007 BCM gives me this error when I try and install it: Setup cant finish because it can't delete: c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\temp_MS_AgentSigningCertificate_database_log.LDF Any ideas? ...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Business Expense Reimbursement in Payroll
I set up a pay code for business expense reimbursement and configured it as not subject to taxes and not to be reported as wages. In the payroll posting accounts, I set the GL account for that pay code (all departments, all positions) to be Accounts Payable - Employees which is where the AP module records the liabilities. The problem is that the expense reimbursements are going to the employees' wage account in the GL instead of the AP account as set up. What am I overlooking? Thanks in advance, Don McCready GP Version 9.0 Do you have the additional payroll function...