Hi,

We are running business portal 4.0 for one of our customer. It was running
correctly, however, they have changed the SQL server port (previously it was
set as default 1433). After that the business portal becomes very slow and
while creating a new request (purchase requisition) if we open the item pop
up; it is showing exception

"SQL Server does not exist or access denied...."

Can any body tell me how can I provide the new port number to business
portal connection to the database.

Thanks and Regards,

Waliullah,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.  I have a few questions regarding this issue.
1.  Is BP just slow, or does it always fail when trying to create the
purchase request?
2.  Can you go to the Purchasing Center > Queries and view data?  For
example, can you choose Purchase Order and view existing orders?
3.  Have you tried manually connecting to SQL from your BP web server?  I'm
wondering if there are firewall issues...

Thanks
Rob
--
Rob Bernhardt
Software Quality Assurance

"Waliullah" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are running business portal 4.0 for one of our customer. It was running
> correctly, however, they have changed the SQL server port (previously it was
> set as default 1433). After that the business portal becomes very slow and
> while creating a new request (purchase requisition) if we open the item pop
> up; it is showing exception
>
> "SQL Server does not exist or access denied...."
>
> Can any body tell me how can I provide the new port number to business
> portal connection to the database.
>
> Thanks and Regards,

Access 2003 Frontend and 2007 Backend
Can an Access 2003 frontend connect to a 2007 backend? Or will this potentially corrupt data? ...

cant turn off navigation pane access 2007..
I uncheck the start-up option in Access 2007 to Display Navigation Pane, then close and re-open, and Pane is still there. The box is still unchecked when I go back into, and I'm not running any other start-up code, etc... any ideas? thx! It sounds like you have followed the same steps outlined here: http://accessjunkie.com/faq_37.aspx My only guess is that your database has some slight corruption, so this property setting is not being saved correctly. Try creating a new Access database and importing all objects into it. I give explicit instructions, for Access 2003 and earlier...

Utilities Error message
I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008). I copied the Dynamics database as well as 1 of our company data bases. I installed GP and then ran the SP4 Service pack. However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP. You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP." I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVIT...

Error in the equation?
I am relatively new to using excel so here is my problem. I am trying t set the B column to show the result of this equation: =C/25+D2+E10+F6 After I press enter I recieve the message "The formula contains a error, click ok to return to the equation and correct it." I click o and C is highlighted. I've tried to search the help data base for wha I'm doing wrong and found no help. So I came here. :) Am I just going about the process of entering an equation wrong? I wan B to show the result of that equation and obviously I'd enter th numbers for C, D, etc. in their respect...

MS Money small business for Canada #2
Hi, I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. Regards, Alex In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: > > >I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company >accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this >product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. The last such product was Money 2000. Today only Standard is available for Canada. Th...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Can anyone help?
Product: Microsoft Money 2000 Deluxe Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98 I receive this message when I try to open Microsoft Money: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\msmoney.exe Then under details I get the message: MSMONEY caused an invalid page fault in module MSCOFD.DLL at 0197:29e091a0. Registers: EAX=00763eb0 CS=0197 EIP=29e091a0 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=10500000 SS=019f ESP=0063fc1c EBP=0063fc3c ECX=00000000 DS=019f ESI=007639c0 FS=8397 EDX=00000000 ES=019f EDI=007639c0 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 51 4c 85 c0 0f 8c e0 46 ...

CRM 3 Rollup 1 & 2
I get the following message when trying to install the rollups. "There is not enough space is available to process this command" I am running Vista Business and Office Pro 2007. Please assist ...

Access Modules Won't Run Now
I moved my database file from one computer to another. Now, my code is not executing. For example, I have some code that is supposed to run when a field "gets focus (i.e. On Got Focus)". It is not working. Since I am in Microsoft Access 2007, I went to the "Office Button" and then clicked the "Access Button" then went to the "Trust Center" Option and clicked on the "Trust Center Settings..." button. I then went to the "Macro Settings" and changed the setting to "Enable all macros...". However, this had no impact on run...

SQL 2005 Saving Stored Procedures and Saving / Implementation
I am not totally familiar with the proper terminology and I really appreciate help with the following problem: My two databases, originally from a third party, have over 250 stored procedures each. I have changed about 150 of them in one database. Due to the testing and implementation requirements of the application, I need to save these stored procedures from the one database, restore the two databases according to what I received from the third party, and then implement my stored procedure changes onto the two restored databases. Any suggestions as to easiest and most foolpro...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

Run-Time Error 28
when I used item for sale on POS more than 100, after F12 and then input tender type I have Error #28 out of stack space (source:QSRules) Set Nocount on select item.itemtype, item.parentItem. Item.ParentQuantity, Item.Quantity.............. From Item Where ID=? -My CPU : 1.7 GHz, RAM 256 -My CPU : 2.0 GHz, RAM 512 Both have Error Plase everyone help me.... -_-'' -- TOY2TOY -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the ...

Urgent! Server Error Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes
Hi, This morning, yes before backing up the current customizations... I went in and created a new attribute in the Order Entity called ShippingName. I then mapped from the Contact Entity FullName to this attribute in the Order, updated the order form with this new field, published, tested and it worked. Then I went and check some mapping done last week as there still seemed to be a problem. Turned out it was not correctly mapped, (Address2_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1 should have been Address1_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1) so deleted these mappings and remapped them correctly, then Published. We wa...

Sync of .OST to server does not match?
We have multiple users that have this issue: Exchange 5.5 sp4 with Outlook 2002 SP2. When the user select to sync, it completes without errors but then if you compare the messages count for the online folder and the offline folder - they do not match. This is true for folders such as inbox/sent. I have started outlook in offline mode and forced a synchronization - this did not fix it. Also verified that there are no filters set on the sync setup. In one instance, I have deleted the .ost and created a new one. After a while, the message count again does not match. Any suggestions on wher...

Budget error in Money 2002
I am experiencing a budget error in Money 2002 for which I can find no Knowledge Base article. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have two annual expenses of $8.50 each for dog licensing. Money somehow absurdly calculates this to be a $9.21 monthly expense, which makes the budget feature, naturally, useless. There is no way to work around it that I can see. Any suggestions? Many thanks, Christa Selig ...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Error Message on Pack and go
Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot write to file%. I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Thanks AJ wrote: > Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot > write to file%. > > I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. > > Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Yes, but you probably aren't hitting it. Are you saving to a network drive or other removeable media? 108MB is rather large for a poster - do you have any par...

Workflow Error (Child Workflow added but not visible)
Has anyone ever experienced this before? When using the Child Workflow option in CRM 4.0, I notice at certain areas it allows me to add the CWF but it wont display what it that CWF is. It shows two bullet points(arrows)like it is calling something but it doesnt display what it is, it keeps it hidden. As a result, my parallel wait is not working as it should. I have no idea why because the query is accurate but it leads me to belive that this hidden CWF has something to do with the query not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer...

Accepting meeting: Organizer
When trying to accept a meeting it says "you cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an organizer field to the item" . I have looked everywhere for this error and cannot find it. Any idea's or input anyone?? Thanks! -C- ...

Outlook 98 Dr.Watson error
Hi, Many users in my organization get Dr.Watson errors on a regular basis when they are using Outlook. They are all running Windows NT4 SP6 with Outlook 98. The errors seem to be the same every time. It is an access violation (exception c0000005) generated by outlook.dbg. I've checked MS Technet and the only relevant article is KB226335, the patch however is not available these days any more. We've tried lots of settings, updates, etc. but nothing seems to help. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regar...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item
I can't seems to find out what's wrong. I've gone through everything I can possibly think. HELP! Integrating SOP to GP. Item is corectly entered. Has U of M specified. Price list has that specified too. I even force a constant in the integration but still..... DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item 5737 is not assigned to the current U of M. ...

Business Contact Manager Doesn't Load
So I installed Business Contact Manager from the CD, but can't seem to find how to launch it from Outlook... The Folder shows up in the "Folders Window, but I don't see the extra fields and menus when I open a contact record. Also, if I go to the folder under Start/Programs, all that's there is the link to help and the tours. What am I missing? ...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0
What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet article on this? We will be applying SQL 2005 Service Pack 1. Thanks, Eric Sabo There really aren't any. If you read the Implementation Guide, there are a few extra config steps related to SRS for 2005, but that is it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%237cImzytGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet a...